AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-17, 11:23   Link #1261
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think the voices thing mattered much. It was mainly the incident where she was Geassed that made her suspicious.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:44   Link #1262
Pathis87

uhu dann is right , when the geass failed him then 2nd time he practically gave it away tough it was a nice move of lelouch using sayako like that.
Now , i wonder more what will happen in the fight between Lelouch Vs Li and Lelouch Vs Schneizer in ep 11 and if Kallen is going to get rescued or if they plan to keep the rescue thing for ep 12 ? I know that in ep 12 there is the whole school couple thing with Millay ...so it would present a nice opportunity for some Lelouch x Kallen romance if he were to save her like in the beginning of 12.

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:06   Link #1263
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That is pretty much the only way that the whole thing in 12 can mean anything. They have pretty much made it clear unfortunately that they are going with Kallen and there is no time to waste on someone else. They might as well make the two confess so they can make the relationship a main part of Lelouch's life for the rest of the show as he goes to great lengths to make sure she is safe and sound.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 13:15   Link #1264
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Yes, their was something about him she liked, you could easily tell. Maybe it was because he and Zero are actually the same person and she could sense that they were similar people. Which is why she did think that he was Zero near the beggining of the series, until he recorded his voice as Zero and pretended to speak on the phone to himself. Although when she saw that Zero was Lelouch she did look really suprised, even though Suzaku did not.
The idea that she liked something about Lelouch was confirmed by Shirley, of all people. I don't, however, think that the reason for it was because she had some 'sense' of him being Zero. She had her suspicions but I don't think that's enough to warrant her being attracted to him, especially when Lelouch gives off an aura that is quite opposite to Zero. One is less motivated (read: lazy) where as the other is anything but. At that early point in the show I think her affection towards him was a normal one, much like Shirley's, nothing too deep but still there.

What that amounts to in terms of actually meaning something is questionable, but you could probably argue that it is a basis for some of their developments in S2. Who knows?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:22   Link #1265
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably is. They may have planned this all out from the very beginning. SInce they moved romance and Kallen's story together to R2, it probably means they planned on developing the romance more in season 1 with her but perhaps decided to move it back to R2. It's been doing better here since they have been able to focus on her relationship with Lelouch so much and can make it much more a part of the plot. Maybe they through in the scenes with Shirley and such becuase they wanted to make it less clear where they were going with things.

Old 2008-06-18, 14:09   Link #1266
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Probably is. They may have planned this all out from the very beginning. SInce they moved romance and Kallen's story together to R2, it probably means they planned on developing the romance more in season 1 with her but perhaps decided to move it back to R2. It's been doing better here since they have been able to focus on her relationship with Lelouch so much and can make it much more a part of the plot. Maybe they through in the scenes with Shirley and such becuase they wanted to make it less clear where they were going with things.
I doubt it as the first indications felt like a crush, much like Shirley's.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:25   Link #1267
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

And that's always the first basis of things to come. They probably didn't take it as far as they could have because they wanted to save the romance for later. Same reason they probably cut her development. It's tied to the romance plot and they couldn't develop her without going into it.

Old 2008-06-19, 23:17   Link #1268
Sol Falling

Quote:
And that's always the first basis of things to come. They probably didn't take it as far as they could have because they wanted to save the romance for later. Same reason they probably cut her development. It's tied to the romance plot and they couldn't develop her without going into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I doubt it as the first indications felt like a crush, much like Shirley's.
You talking about Kallen or Shirley, Dann? :P

(to make sure you don't misinterpret that as serious: that was a rhetorical question. The statements you made there could apply just as well to Shirley as to Kallen, and are no basis for anything.)

Also Var, of course I disagree that Shirley's affections for Lelouch are/were so shallow as a 'crush', but this isn't a good topic to get into it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 23:21   Link #1269
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Kallen of course. Why would I be talking about Shirley? The only person who has worse chances than her is C.C..

Old 2008-06-20, 00:01   Link #1270
Sol Falling

Quote:
Kallen of course. Why would I be talking about Shirley? The only person who has worse chances than her is C.C..
Come on, can't you read between the lines at all?
Old 2008-06-20, 00:18   Link #1271
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Come on, can't you read between the lines at all?
I read your notes that you think what I said could apply to either if that is what you mean. Either way, Shirley isn't going to be the one unless it is very rushed and out of the blue.

Old 2008-06-20, 00:26   Link #1272
Sol Falling

I wasn't saying that those statements meant that Shirley was going to be the one. I don't even agree with Var's original post in the first place. What I was saying was that those statements meant nothing at all.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:27   Link #1273
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wait, which statements? The ones you quoted before?

Old 2008-06-20, 00:53   Link #1274
Sol Falling

Uh, yeah. As seen below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The statements you made there could apply just as well to Shirley as to Kallen, and are no basis for anything.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:57   Link #1275
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Just checking okay?

Old 2008-06-20, 00:59   Link #1276
Sol Falling

Quote:
Just checking okay?
My bad if that seemed sarcastic. Animesuki won't allow posts less than 10 characters so I couldn't post a more simple reply.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:48   Link #1277
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Anybody notice that Lelouch's hair is longer in R2 than in season 1?

Just some random thinking
Old 2008-06-20, 10:50   Link #1278
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes and I like it better now.

Old 2008-06-20, 11:23   Link #1279
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Yes and I like it better now.
I noticied it too though i never really cared about it since it didn't really matter and Lelouch doesn't really look that different anyway.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:29   Link #1280
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think he looks a little different. Just older I suppose.