AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 11:36   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 105

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 105.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:42   Link #2
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Moving spoilers from 104 thread to 105 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Chapter 105 spoilers:

Spoiler for spoilers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Some plot points in this chapter:
Spoiler for chapter 105 spoilers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Damn seems to be tons of important dialog in this chapter... How long until the English Scan?

BTW:
Spoiler for 105:
Old 2010-07-01, 11:43   Link #3
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Honestly, I'm beginning to share MisterJB's belief that that the one on the far left is Ophelia. It does look like her in her Awakened form.

I think; all 3 of them, are ones who wanted to have revenge on Priscilla: Teresa never had those feelings for her, so it make sense she isn't there.

All three of them look like they are trying to scare her.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:45   Link #4
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Honestly, I'm beginning to share MisterJB's belief that that the one on the far left is Ophelia. It does look like her in her Awakened form.

I think; all 3 of them, are ones who wanted to have revenge on Priscilla: Teresa never had those feelings for her, so it make sense she isn't there.

All three of them look like they are trying to scare her.
Now that is an interesting thought... I guess Irene was too scared to show up though.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:47   Link #5
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Now that is an interesting thought... I guess Irene was too scared to show up though.

Okay, crazy thought coming here, but I think the one in the middle.....is Dauf.

The face honestly has too short of hair to be anyone I can think of that would want to take revenge on Priscilla, and he honestly tried by infecting himself.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:52   Link #6
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Okay, crazy thought coming here, but I think the one in the middle.....is Dauf.

The face honestly has too short of hair to be anyone I can think of that would want to take revenge on Priscilla, and he honestly tried by infecting himself.
It's clearly a face with long hair in Teresa style. Dauf has Short hair, so it can't be him and also Clare doesn't know he's dead.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:59   Link #7
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It's clearly a face with long hair in Teresa style. Dauf has Short hair, so it can't be him and also Clare doesn't know he's dead.
The one in the middle looks bald to me...I barely see any hair on him/her at all.

(though I think I KIND OF see what you're talking about...goes against my theory though. Teresa never wanted revenge on Priscilla, and neither was it the other way around).
Old 2010-07-01, 12:00   Link #8
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
The one in the middle looks bald to me...I barely see any hair on him/her at all.

(though I think I KIND OF see what you're talking about...goes against my theory though. Teresa never wanted revenge on Priscilla, and neither was it the other way around).
The fact is these aren't them... but Clare's manifestations of who she is fighting for. So Ophelia, Teresa, and Clare makes huge sense.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:06   Link #9
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The fact is these aren't them... but Clare's manifestations of who she is fighting for. So Ophelia, Teresa, and Clare makes huge sense.
Huh...well, that's an interesting theory

Except, it gives Claire too much emphasis. All three of the faces feel like they are sharing the moment, not just her and who she's fighting for.

(though Claire does have the most detail...)

It does have sense though; Teresa wouldn't want to Claire to fight for her sake, nor did she want her too: she wanted her to have a normal human life, so Teresa being there means it has to be part of Claire's doing, because Claire thinks she's doing the right thing.

She also wanted to avenge Ophelia who went insane because of her brother's death.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:07   Link #10
Newhope

Well that confirms it I pretty knew Claire was going to be absorbed into the destoryer. That destoryer is going to be pretty over the top now it's got parts of three number ones a number 2 and a number 4 if that can't put up a fight against Priscilla I don't what can.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:12   Link #11
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Well that confirms it I pretty knew Claire was going to be absorbed into the destoryer. That destoryer is going to be pretty over the top now it's got parts of three number ones a number 2 and a number 4 if that can't put up a fight against Priscilla I don't what can.
What may end up sealing the deal Newhope, is the whole "Teresa-blackbox" thing. Now, assuming their really is such a thing inside Claire......it really doesn't matter that Claire only has 1/4 of Teresa, or whether or not Teresa or Priscilla were stronger then the other...if a part of Teresa's potential combines with Raciella who has, at the very least, 2xAO...

a 2xA0 combining with a piece of the potential of a warrior, who was most likely somewhere between 3-4xAO(alongside Priscilla, who I also believes shares that power)... then yes, the likelihood of their being an equal match is now. Of course, that's IF their is such a thing within Claire, and that's a big If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Tracker Dietrich is a spy, no explanation on how she was able to control the Af's. For how long will she keep using the excuse that she has to pay Helen and Deneven back? She has saved 4 ghost already.
I think we were supposed to forget about that and move on, regardless of how inconsistant it is. .

Apparantely, she controlled the AE's with a piece of Riful's dress...how then, they didn't slaughter her on the spot, is beyond me. Yagi me yet though come back, and try to explain it better later on.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:15   Link #12
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I think about half of use believed that for almost 3 chapters now... and a few of us a few chapters before that

I know I for one have been believing Clare and Raphaela would help each other out since the first time I read ch 64. Exactly how has been ever changing so I don't recall what I believed at exactly what point. Needless to say I can't wait to see how this plays out
Old 2010-07-01, 12:22   Link #13
Newhope

I don't think Claire been just 1/4 Yoma will make much difference Teresa's genetic information will be there so I doubt it'd be that hard for the destoryer to merge it with it's own.

As for Dietrich I still think she's got her own agenda and is playing the field to keep her options open, to be honest I think shes going to be heavily involved in the DnD plot she's just had to much panel time not to be a major character now.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:24   Link #14
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Oh yeah... It's Clare, Teresa, and Ophelia (right to left)... Check out the colored page

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-07-01, 12:26   Link #15
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I find it strangely satfisying that Teresa has the smallest part of them all XDXD. You can barely tell it's her .
Old 2010-07-01, 12:29   Link #16
MisterJB
Warden of the West

How can you guys see Teresa in there? To me, it just looks like a...a face. It doesn't even have hair.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:32   Link #17
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
How can you guys see Teresa in there? To me, it just looks like a...a face. It doesn't even have hair.
Roflmao, I thought it was Dauf!!! It looks bald to me.

You can, if you look at it the right way, see a very few wavy hairs....it's a BIG stretch, but I can sort of see what people are seeing .
Old 2010-07-01, 12:34   Link #18
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
It's Teresa and yes she does to have hair... I just made it easier to see...

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-07-01, 12:34   Link #19
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
I find it strangely satfisying that Teresa has the smallest part of them all XDXD. You can barely tell it's her .

wouldn't be surprised if she starts growin on us ^^

damn...they ARE fast with the colorings.

looks like decent chapter, even though many predicted clare being absorbed, think yagi does not HAVE to surpise us everytime. I'm very happy with Dietrich showing some backbone And am very thankfull that yagi provided a medic for H&D
Old 2010-07-01, 12:36   Link #20
Newhope

Can't really tell with the middle one the right is definitely Claire and the left looks vaguely like Ophelia but it's not clear enough to be certain.
Closed Thread