AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-31, 15:11   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Marimite S1 Ep.13

For the sake since we have a thread for Marimite, and since there will be a second season for this anime this fall, I will start a thread for Ep. 13 - even though this will be the last episode for Season 1.
Old 2004-03-31, 19:38   Link #2
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
For the sake since we have a thread for Marimite, and since there will be a second season for this anime this fall, I will start a thread for Ep. 13 - even though this will be the last episode for Season 1.
I sure hope the rumors are correct... I would like to make that clear that they are RUMORS about season 2, As I havent seen solid proof my self. Ep 13 seems to wrap up season 1 fairly well, but there still is so much that could/should have been touched on... cant help but feel a little cheated.
Old 2004-03-31, 22:10   Link #3
lordwu

The evidence was taken down soon after it was discovered. I was fortunate to see it and I believe season 2 is indeed in the work. It would probably be among the fall lineup this year.

I also think episode 13 did a very nice job ending the season. I especially like the part of white rose date (Shimako/Shizuka/Sei). A bit light on the yellow rose date but that's the way it was in the novel. Red rose date can be a bit funnier but still quite well done.

Looking forward to the next season. I hope it would be a 26 episode season instead of 13 since there are so much more in Yumi's second year. In the meantime, I'll read the 17th novel that just came out.

Last edited by lordwu; 2004-04-01 at 16:09.
Old 2004-03-31, 23:53   Link #4
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
In the meantime, I'll read the 17th novel that just came out.
Any plan from lililicious to translate Marimite novel?
Old 2004-03-31, 23:55   Link #5
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Any plan from lililicious to translate Marimite novel?
I don't know if it will be an official Lililicious release, but someone who has been working on the Marimite anime with Lililicious is currently working on a translation of the first novel.
Old 2004-04-01, 00:12   Link #6
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163
I don't know if it will be an official Lililicious release, but someone who has been working on the Marimite anime with Lililicious is currently working on a translation of the first novel.
That's a good news, two words when it is available: "Share Me!"

Back to episode 13,
The preview of Episode 13 when Sachiko energetically shouts about the final episode/battle, reminds me of something. I know it is a parody of something, but I forgot what it is. After a few days, I suddenly realize that it is a typical preview of Gundam Seed .
Old 2004-04-01, 04:58   Link #7
atua

Slightly OT: Marimite 2nd Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
I sure hope the rumors are correct... I would like to make that clear that they are RUMORS about season 2, As I havent seen solid proof my self. Ep 13 seems to wrap up season 1 fairly well, but there still is so much that could/should have been touched on... cant help but feel a little cheated.
As lordwu said, it's almost certain that there will be a second season since Ali Project made an announcement (which has since been taken down) on their website that they were working on the OP/ED songs for Marimite's second season.

Quote:
Looking forward to the next season. I hope it would be a 26 episode season instead of 13 since there are so much more in Yumi's second year.
A 26ep season would be fantastic, but realistically I'm expecting another 13ep season. Given the pacing that the anime followed in the first season, I'm predicting that we'll end up with a 13ep 2nd season that covers the next 3 or possibly (but less likely) next 2 story arcs.

Spoiler:

Last edited by atua; 2004-04-02 at 14:25.
Old 2004-04-01, 07:56   Link #8
Mendietta

the raw for the final episode is out :P
Old 2004-04-01, 10:30   Link #9
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
A 26ep season would be fantastic, but realistically I'm expecting another 13ep season. However, to do the novels justice given what happens in the next 4 or 5 novels, we may end up with a 13ep 2nd season that only covers 3 story arcs.

Spoiler:
I think if they indeed put those 3 story arcs into 13 episodes, it would be extremely rushed. If they wish to do side stories of the graduating Rosa, I believe they can do a season entirely on the graduation arc.
Old 2004-04-01, 10:45   Link #10
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
I think if they indeed put those 3 story arcs into 13 episodes, it would be extremely rushed. If they wish to do side stories of the graduating Rosa, I believe they can do a season entirely on the graduation arc.
Also, from a "profit" point of view it would be better to save some stuff for a 3rd season, since Marimite seems to be very popular in Japan and it would mean selling more episodes and merchandising.
Old 2004-04-01, 10:56   Link #11
atua

Quote:
I face the prospect of the *entire* second season based on the graduation arc + side stories with great equanimity, since Sei and Youko are my favourite characters in the series.

Given the pacing of the first season though, I don't see them doing only 2 arcs for the season, let alone just 1. Though I'd be thrilled if you turned out to be right and they spent the entire season on that arc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Also, from a "profit" point of view it would be better to save some stuff for a 3rd season, since Marimite seems to be very popular in Japan and it would mean selling more episodes and merchandising.
If they leave out too much stuff, they run the risk of making the 2nd season so slow that they won't have enough viewers to justify a 3rd season. Even if they go through the 3 arcs I mentioned, they'd still only be up to Volume 12. There's currently 17 volumes available, so if at some future time they decide to go ahead with a 3rd season, there should still be plenty of material left to cover.

Last edited by atua; 2004-04-01 at 11:10.
Old 2004-04-01, 23:33   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
In the meantime, I'll read the 17th novel that just came out.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-02, 04:39   Link #13
laurore31

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I must learn japanese...
Old 2004-04-02, 12:28   Link #14
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Summary of ep 13

Summary of ep 13. I'm not putting spoiler tags on this one because it is in the "Ep 13" thread. Some of the stuff is a little out of order, because they keep cutting back and forth between everyone and it's easier just to tell some parts in order... >_<
It starts out where ep 12 left off--Sachiko has disappeared! Yumi calls her name a few times, and Sachiko comes back. Turns out she was just checking out the jean shop next door. She and Yumi go inside, and she tells Yumi she wants a pair like hers. She tries on a pair, and is dismayed to find out that they are too long. However, Yumi explains to her that they're made like that... She decides she wants to go buy sneakers next (in the anime she doesn't actually say it but it's implied; iirc she says it outright in the novel).
Yoshino is still bummed about Rei's date with Chisato, but decides that she will have to just have fun on her home, since it's a day off from school after all. She goes shopping.
Shimako and Shizuka had lunch at the Rose Mansion. There's some more weird conversation between them, and Shizuka tells Shimako to follow her and runs off to the place where Shimako's card was hidden (the Environmental Maintenance Committee bulletin board). Shimako arrives there out of breath, and Shizuka tells her that she wanted to see the "real" her that was hidden beneath her honor student "mask." She also tells her that she knows she is looking for someone who understands her. She asks Shimako if she hates her for saying things that are too intimate/personal, but Shimako says "No, I like you, Shizuka-sama."
Minako and Tsutako get to the movie theater and find out that Rei and Chisato have already left (they thought the start time of the next showing was the same as the end time of the current showing, but they were wrong). They decide to look for Shimako and Shizuka instead, as Minako saw them getting takeout and assumed that they are planning to go eat in a park or something.
Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might have become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We both care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song "Ave Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the Bach/Gounoud version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually the seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)
Shimako comes back to the second-floor room of the Rose Mansion and finds Sei there. Sei says that she was called there by Shizuka. Shimako says she missed Sei and cries on her. Sei tells Shimako that it's okay to cry and show weakness. Then Sei mentions that spring will come soon, and both remember that they met last spring...
Sachiko tells Yumi a little bit about her past, about how she tried to fit in. They run into Yoshino and invite her out to tea with them. At the cafe, they run into Tsutako and Minako! The five of them have a nice time together, with all of them putting aside their usual annoying behaviors (Minako and her newspaper, Tsutako and her camera, and Yoshino and her Rei )
That night, Chisato goes to Yoshino's house to talk to her. She tells Yoshino that Rei was very kind but that she called her "Yoshino" without realizing it, and that no matter where they went or what they did, Yoshino was "inside" Rei. Yoshino holds her as she cries and apologizes for Rei's insensitivity. Yoshino then goes over to Rei's house and chews her out. She tells her that her kindness can actually hurt people, too... Then we see that Rei has baked Yoshino a cake as an apology for that day.
Yumi wants to call Sachiko to thank her for the date, but she's nervous about what to say if someone answers. She practices a little speech, but is still hesitating when the phone rings. Guess who it is? Sachiko also starts in with a formal greeting, but is relieved when she finds out it was Yumi who answered the phone. She was nervous about possibly having to talk to one of Yumi's parents too! Sachiko asks what Yumi has told her parents about her, and Yumi says she's told them that Sachiko is a great Onee-sama. Then Sachiko jokingly asks if Yumi has told them that she is a selfish and hysterical person, and Yumi joking says "a little." Very cute! We see a very short flashback of Yumi grabbing Sachiko's arm during their date... also very cute Then Sachiko says that they should go out together again sometime, and then they say good night and hang up. Yumi is pretty happy by this point and thinks that she will get to see Sachiko again tomorrow and that it will surely be a wonderful day... IMO a nice note for the first season to end on.
Old 2004-04-02, 13:11   Link #15
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurore31
Spoiler:

I must learn japanese...
No, not really....it's more about Kanako and Sachiko for Yumi.

Spoiler:

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-04-02 at 13:47.
Old 2004-04-02, 13:53   Link #16
guess

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-02, 14:18   Link #17
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-02, 14:21   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Spoiler:
Katou Kei is the girl with the glasses to the left of Satou Sei, tied with a blue line of friendship on the Marimite relationship chart.
Old 2004-04-03, 00:44   Link #19
wao
OK.

Quote:

Spoiler:
So this Kanako...
Spoiler:

Thanks for the summary, pkgirl! It seems that the producers seem to be slowing down a little in terms of pace because they know they have 13 more episodes now ^___^ I hope Kinokuniya gets the Mari-mite novels someday. But I look so odd looking at Japanese books, I'm South Asian so I look quite out of place. Heh.
Old 2004-04-03, 01:34   Link #20
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
So this Kanako...
Spoiler:
More on Kanako...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler:
Volume 17 questions...

Spoiler:

Last edited by atua; 2004-04-03 at 01:56.
Closed Thread