AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-13, 08:06   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Leerin

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Leerin related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Regios fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-03-13, 08:14   Link #2
TrueKnight

First post by a non-Leerin fan,

So far until episode 9 subbed, here are we know about her:

- Osanajimi;
- Extremely devoted to Layfon;
- Possibly loved Layfon dearly;
- Attending an academy;
- Has a guardian lion spirit;
- Said to be the ‘fated one’.

Anyone else wish to add?
Old 2009-03-13, 08:26   Link #3
GreenLama
Banned

I wouldn't say I am anti-Leerin as much as I would say her character does not excite me, or at least she does not excite me just yet. She has only been in a couple of episodes and has not established her own storyline yet aside from being all about Layfon, so maybe she will do something "wow" worthy in the near future and warrant a fandom.....
Old 2009-03-13, 08:29   Link #4
Nosauz

the fact that she is 'fated' brings up some intrigue for her character but i still am weeary about her, other than bits an pieces we really haven't seen much of her. Hopefully there will be some meaningful character development if she is to be a heroine of this anime series
Old 2009-03-13, 08:37   Link #5
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
the fact that she is 'fated' brings up some intrigue for her character but i still am weeary about her, other than bits an pieces we really haven't seen much of her. Hopefully there will be some meaningful character development if she is to be a heroine of this anime series
Since the series is only slates for 24 episodes they will have to act soon if they want to get her over as an important part of the series, they have already laid the foundation but they need to begin to build the walls and then put the roof on the house, if you know what I mean. Leerin's guardian person there and her Savarice sidekick seem interesting and I am interested to see what they add to the story, and I am interested to see if Leerin does end up with Layfon in the end, or if she crosses path's with a possbily jelous Felli.....
Old 2009-03-13, 08:42   Link #6
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama
She has only been in a couple of episodes and has not established her own storyline yet aside from being al about Layfon, so maybe she will do something "wow" worthy in the near future and warrant a fandom.....
Hahaha, I think she already has an interesting backstory.

For screen time, let us see, episode 1, episode 3, episode 6 albeit her letter and not directly, episode 8, and finally episode 9. All of this is done rather consecutively to see who she really is. Someone important to Layfon.

And with recent event in episode 9, I trust she will be essential in the overall plot in the future of her screentime which so far involves Grendan, has 2 Heaven Blades guarding her, object of affection by the Queen, the fated one, and its because of her screen time and involvement resulting us seeing Savaris’s awesome fight scenes and his point of view.

She’s basically an entire different dimension who is interesting to follow.

And finally, the most important thing, her fandom around here is already well established without us realizing it. Just you wait and see.
Old 2009-03-13, 08:47   Link #7
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Everyone is saying it will be 24 episodes when there is no place it says it will necessary be 24 episodes.

On Wikipedia it says ongoing and nothing more, and on ANN it says "We have 24 episodes" which means they arent sure themselves but think it will be 24 when it could be 26 or hope to god over.
Old 2009-03-13, 09:32   Link #8
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Sorily we know nothing about Leerin...just that:
-She loves Layfon
-She's rather strong willed
- She's the "fated girl"(but for what? To marry Layfon?:P)
Old 2009-03-13, 09:50   Link #9
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Sorily we know nothing about Leerin...just that:
-She loves Layfon
-She's rather strong willed
- She's the "fated girl"(but for what? To marry Layfon?:P)
I wonder what she is "fated" for? Besides possibly marrying Fon-Fon, maybe she is fated to kill him?
Old 2009-03-13, 10:37   Link #10
zibi88

Or simply "fated" means she will be the next queen of Grendan ^^ we dont know much about that whole Shinrora woman (except that queen is useing it but mostly its someone releated to Leerin)

Anyway its clear enought that Leerin loves Layfon....if she didnt she wouldnt stand on Layfons side and go against whole orphanage... she wouldnt waste time to write letters (and then after reciveing on from Layfon she was sniffing it ^^ like she wanted to feel Layfons smell [when he ws writing this ^^] )

Leerin shared her first kiss with Layfon (and mostly she stealed Layfons first kiss too :P ) and at the end of ep1 she was touching her lips and blushing while mostly remembereing that moment ^^

What I see is that Leerin will show up in Zereni before episode 15 shows up ^^ so I suppose Leerin will decide to go to Zereni to Layfon in ep12-14 since in Grendan there might be more people that have grudge against Layfon and they could attack Leerin....... so the best thing would be to let Leerin stay close to Layfon in a city where she is not known about Layfon's case ^^

Heh I can assume that Leerin will decide to stay in Zereni after seeing how many girls are clsoe to Layfon ;] so many rivals in such short time ^^ well she cant lose him so best way to keep that way is to have an eye on him ^^
Old 2009-03-13, 12:01   Link #11
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

You mean the "jaelus wife" role?:P
I have a light impression that even Leerin is far from being that close to Layfon. Perhaps i could be wrong.

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-03-13 at 12:36.
Old 2009-03-13, 12:13   Link #12
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Its obvious that Leerin loves Layfon, it doesnt take much too see that.
Old 2009-03-13, 12:30   Link #13
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Its obvious that Leerin loves Layfon, it doesnt take much too see that.
That's sure, but for me is obvious that Layfon don't loves Leerin.
This when i saw the beginning of the 1 epi when they said:

Layfon: "There is no overturning it, nor will anyone want too. Neither her Majesty, nor myself."
Leerin: "But i do, is my desire alone not enough?"

The answer of this is "No"

And moreover when Layfon was in Grendan thought only to fight for money for the orphangae and against FM so i don't think that he never thought of anything other than that one.
Spoiler for when she show up:
Old 2009-03-13, 13:21   Link #14
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
That's sure, but for me is obvious that Layfon don't loves Leerin.
This when i saw the beginning of the 1 epi when they said:

Layfon: "There is no overturning it, nor will anyone want too. Neither her Majesty, nor myself."

The answer of this is "No"

And moreover when Layfon was in Grendan thought only to fight for money for the orphangae and against FM so i don't think that he never thought of anything other than that one.
Spoiler for when she show up:
The problem I felt was that he felt the even he can't overturn it himself so if he can't do it for himself, he felt like no one has the strength enough to help him. It's almost like self guilt can do a lot more damage than damage caused by others. Otherwise, we still don't know enough how he felt about Leerin or any of the others. I don't even think he has any romantic feelings for Felli or Nina either so let see how it is.
Old 2009-03-13, 13:52   Link #15
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's obvious...he has too much problems with himself than he could think about any romance...the only chance when she think about it when someone confesses him straight! Not even a kiss enough for him...or i am wrong?
Old 2009-03-13, 14:05   Link #16
zibi88

This line :

Is not about that he doesnt love Leerin....... but that he cant return to Grendan becouse of what he done..... simply he wont be able wash the shame of what he done....... that's why he says

"There is no overturning it, nor will anyone want too. Neither her Majesty, nor myself."

Simply people of Grendan dont want to see Layfon anymore as HB or even in the city...... her majesty cant change that becouse people of city demanded it.....and even Layfon doesnt want to be a bother to anyone so he has to leave Grendan

Leerin line: "But i do, is my desire alone not enough?"

Means that she doesnt care of what other people say about him since for her its enought if Layfon will stay with her......... well Layfon said that he has to leave the city Leerin like we saw with that kiss didnt wanted to part with him.....

But later in ep1 she says that "for now" she will accept Layfon wish but she has hope that one day Layfon will again step on soil of Grendan.....

In last episode 9 Layfon said himself that everyone in Grendan throught in the same way like nina (that they cant accept that way of thinking) except 1person which is Leerin.....

Letters....both think of each other (even when Layfon was with Meishen he kept thinkig about Leerin).........

I dont think that Layfon has for now any romantic interest in any girl..... but the most important and closest to his heart is Leerin..... he knows her for very long.... and she was the only one who remained at his side when that thing happened omforting him and giving strenght to live....

And well I think that Layfon will feel a huge ease on his feelings when Leerin reaches Zerenii ^^
Old 2009-03-13, 14:34   Link #17
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
The problem I felt was that he felt the even he can't overturn it himself so if he can't do it for himself, he felt like no one has the strength enough to help him. It's almost like self guilt can do a lot more damage than damage caused by others. Otherwise, we still don't know enough how he felt about Leerin or any of the others. I don't even think he has any romantic feelings for Felli or Nina either so let see how it is.
Yeah, I think that he feels something like this:

Leerin: a sister and the only one that don't blame him for what he did
Felli: a good comrade
Nina: his captain and co-worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
It's obvious...he has too much problems with himself than he could think about any romance...the only chance when she think about it when someone confesses him straight! Not even a kiss enough for him...or i am wrong?
Yeah, that's it, but i think that even if someone confesses him, he isn't quite ready for that type of relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
This line :

Is not about that he doesnt love Leerin....... but that he cant return to Grendan becouse of what he done..... simply he wont be able wash the shame of what he done....... that's why he says

And well I think that Layfon will feel a on his feelings when Leerin reaches Zerenii ^^
I know the meaning of those words, what I meant to say is that the support of Leerin is not enough for him, not love stuff xDD
Surely with Leerin' arrival his problems will increase, but surely he will feel a huge ease as you said, because i think that all we know that the family is the family, and for now her moral support is the only thing that he has, for now
Old 2009-03-13, 19:57   Link #18
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I like the fact that she's stood by Layfon even when the Orphanage turned it's back on him(as did the rest of the city, bar the Heaven's Blade members). I also was very much intrigued with the kiss in episode 1 before he left Grendan. It left an impression on me quite frankly.

Not sure how I've liked her scenes since then, the groping actions by the Queen take away some of the enjoyment I might have gotten from Leerin's scenes. I need to see more, before making a judgement on how I feel about her as a character. Right now she's ranked above Nina(who's dead last), but below Felli and the Mei trio...
Old 2009-03-13, 20:49   Link #19
Saasha

It isnt that her support isnt enough for him, it's that neither of them have a choice in this matter, not the Queen, not Layfon, & not even Leerin. It doesnt matter what they/he personally desires, he has already decided to face the consequences of his actions by leaving & starting anew. That's what I got from that conversation.

I doubt Layfon actually wanted to leave; his main reason for leaving was that he was banished, not because he originally wanted a normal life. His wanting a normal life was a consequence of his failure & banishment & probably a dormant desire in him, long forgotten.

Despite wanting to forget everything about his past, he still decides to keep in touch with Leerin, a fragment of his past. Why would he still keep in touch with her if he really wanted nothing at all do with his past? It is important to note that life in Zuellni wasn't what Layfon originally wanted, it just happened to suit his purposes at the time.

In episode 9, he mentions in his letter that the only reason he can continue to live normally in Zuellni is because she is with him all the way. He basically says, that if she alone believes in him, then that is enough for him. He needs her to tell him she still believes in him, so that he can continue to believe in himself & stay strong. * sigh, gives me warm, fuzy feelings*

She's like the woman behind him, the reason he is the way he is....., you know, that saying, 'there's a woman behind every man' or smthing like that * wink, gets my romantic senses tingling*.

Layfon's letter proves that he is emotionally dependent on her. Leerin is just simply in love with him, but he is the one who needs her emotionally, not the other way round. All we need is confirmation if this attachment to her is of a romantic nature or not. * Please, please let it be so!!!*

The tone of their letters is much too respectfull of the other for them to simply have a sibling type relationship. Its possibly that they could simply have a deep platonic friendship but my female intuition tells me its something more XD.

As much as I love Layfon's interactions with Feli & Nina (especially Feli XD), they all seem too onesided to me. With Leerin, there is a very strong possibility that he feels more than he lets on.

Uh Oh !! Too late, I realize this post would better fit the romance thread. Oh well. *shrug*

In any case, I really like what I've seen of Leerin, so far. She's pretty as a picture, bold enough to steal a kiss from the object of her affections, cheeky enough to to make faces at Sawaris & tell him off for interupting her thought process, cute when flustered, love that she stepped away from the Queen's wandering hands (refreshing, since usually, once you become a victim of breast grabbing, you are doomed to remain so until the end of the series as a running gag XD), a mind of her own, plucky & determined enough to stick with Layfon through thick & thin................So in a nut shell, she's quite adorable. I hereby deem her suitable for Layfon XD Go, Leerin!

Feli is still my favourite girl so far, though you're slowly getting there as well, leerin. I really like Nina a lot as well, just not as much as the other two, plenty of potential for improvement/develpment as a character. Despite feli being absolutely awesome, I'm vigorously waving the Layfon X Leerin flag. They just seem to fit better for some reason & the series' plot seems to be heading in that direction imo. All other relationships just seem too one-sided romantically at the moment.
Old 2009-03-14, 10:58   Link #20
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
In spite of her limited screen time, I have a definite liking for Leerin. Truth be told, she's one of the reasons I tried out the series. I was looking at an image from the series that she was part of and decided I liked her design.

Also the girl gives off an aura of increasing importance. In other words, the type of character that slowly, but surely becomes more important as the story progresses. Granted, I could end up being wrong. However I'm hoping I'm not. Because I would like more screen time for her.
Closed Thread