AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 02:08   Link #181
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Why did you think I said "not-quite-adapting"? Duh.

Besides, the difference between these two and Angel Beats is that for the latter, the anime was the original work to first come out, as opposed to the "428 side story" nature of CANAAN, or the "adaptation in name only" of True Tears.
About True Tears, I consider this as a spin-off of the VN of the same name.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-28, 02:14   Link #182
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well the original True Tears VN sucked ass anyways lol. Still PA works has not made a good anime since True Tears, so I hope they stay the fuck away. They have pretty visuals and 0 directing/writing ability besides some occasional Okada brilliance.

KyoAni is probably the best fit here, because even though White Fox can probably do a great adaption, I'm sure they wouldn't be as visually captivating. They could prove us wrong of course.
Old 2012-03-28, 02:28   Link #183
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, they can always ask Sunrise.
I would be down for that.... considering Sunrise is doing a SOL girls anime in Natsuiro Kiseki (w/ Seiji Mizushima directing to boot!) and an iDOLMASTER ripoff in Love Live! School Idol Project I don't see how this would be a "bad" fit for Sunrise. If anything they would be one of the better ones and considering their shift to light novels with the successful Horizon and the about to premiere Accel World.. than this would be the next logical step to address that market.

Major Sunrise works generally look very good too and they certainly have the manpower unlike a lot of the studios people want.
Old 2012-03-28, 04:51   Link #184
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And then Shaft does Planetarian, a Key story that is actually worth a scoff. Yeah, I played it - - all thanks to Skyfall.
*waves* At least I have managed to accomplish something during my stay here! *Joins the tomato lobbing mob for suggestion that SHAFT should be the one to animate it*

Ahem. Anyways, color me pleasantly surprised with these news. I think I had all but subconsciously given up on LB getting an anime, so this definitely comes as invigorating announcement (even though an announcement has technically yet to be made). I'm certainly happy with this, but also a bit worried - LB is a story that's fairly difficult to adapt for various reasons, so I'm looking towards the result with both anticipation and worry. Mmmm, adrenalin.

Which brings us to the speculation about studios. I honestly have no clue, but I'd like to think that KyoAni is the most likely option, despite their apparently busy schedule, given their past track record of taking on Key's visual novels (And Key having expressed interest in them tackling the project before). While there are other high-profile studios that might be suitable, the Key-KyoAni marriage has worked well in the past.

This option would certainly leave me the most relieved anyway, both in trusting the story will be adopted with a fair degree of accuracy (and without any needless "innovations" and liberties taken by the staff in the process ... *shakes fist at Fortune Arterial anime*), and in them not skimping on episode count, whatever they deem fit for appropriate adaptation. They made 52 episodes worth of Clannad after all, so I think they could do so again if need be. And while I'm not sure LB strictly needs full four cours, despite having higher word count than Clannad, I do strongly think two would be way too little, especially if they want to include the EX heroines (personally I'd prefer if they didn't).

... Of course, given the past trends, there is always a possibility of us getting a Toei version as well And we don't want that to be the case, do we. Despite myself finding Toei's version of Air (the movie) a good deal superior to the TV series, their offerings in Kanon and Clannad were abysmal, especially quality wise. So ... yeah, I'd rather not see that happen. Give me KyoAni for this so I can sleep peacefully.
Old 2012-03-28, 05:15   Link #185
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Why did you think I said "not-quite-adapting"? Duh.

Besides, the difference between these two and Angel Beats is that for the latter, the anime was the original work to first come out, as opposed to the "428 side story" nature of CANAAN, or the "adaptation in name only" of True Tears..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
About True Tears, I consider this as a spin-off of the VN of the same name.
i don't understand why there still people think that True Tears anime have connection with the VN. True Tears anime is 100% original, P.A Works would still name it True Tears even if the VN never existed.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:56   Link #186
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

So anyone wanna sum up the key facts or points of interest from the last 185 posts for me?
Old 2012-03-28, 07:01   Link #187
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
So anyone wanna sum up the key facts or points of interest from the last 185 posts for me?
Speculating which studio will be doing the anime and then discussing the likelihood of those choices and whether or not said studios are fit and proper for a high-profile VN adaptation like Little Busters.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:02   Link #188
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
and an iDOLMASTER ripoff in Love Live! School Idol Project
I never call Love Live! an iDOLM@STER ripoff. Even though the character design and the story are almost identical as iM@S, Sunrise never copypastes anything that A-1 iM@S does.

Anyways, anyone could listen about my own recipe of Hoods Entertainment adaptation of LB : EX ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-28, 07:46   Link #189
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/webr...8vzblkqnmi.asx

Finally, it here

Is that ad still on page?
Old 2012-03-28, 13:15   Link #190
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post

Anyways, anyone could listen about my own recipe of Hoods Entertainment adaptation of LB : EX ?
were we supppsed to take that seriously?, i mean, we are just about to see how they do something with that thing called plot.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:17   Link #191
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
were we supppsed to take that seriously?, i mean, we are just about to see how they do something with that thing called plot.
It's a joke, I just want fans to understand my own recipe joke.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-28, 15:33   Link #192
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51870735.html <- I think this is real proof now...
Old 2012-03-28, 17:39   Link #193
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51870735.html <- I think this is real proof now...
Isn't this just the very same news that spread a few days ago about the commercial that was on the radio show?
Old 2012-03-28, 17:43   Link #194
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Oh crap I forgot orz
Old 2012-03-28, 19:27   Link #195
Ragna92

Yessss little busters!
Old 2012-03-28, 21:59   Link #196
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/webr...8vzblkqnmi.asx

Finally, it here

Is that ad still on page?
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Isn't this just the very same news that spread a few days ago about the commercial that was on the radio show?
I think this is a joke. The commercial had been cut after Dengeki re-posted the program.
And, what next kanji in the Baba's Twitter avatar mean? I see a bad news: https://twitter.com/#!/vavasyatyou

Srr for bad English
Old 2012-03-28, 22:15   Link #197
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
I think this is a joke. The commercial had been cut after Dengeki re-posted the program.
And, what next kanji in the Baba's Twitter avatar mean? I see a bad news: https://twitter.com/#!/vavasyatyou
The Twitter avatar kanji apparently spelled "Dengeki no Baka" or "Dengeki, you idiot!"

As others have talked about in this thread, it looks like a marketing slip up. They probably had a big surprise reveal planned (probably on April Fools, I'd guess - the "fool" would be that it's real), and the CM was recorded with a "do not air until after <x> date" (by which time the news was out). The mistake would have been made by the radio show's producer/mixer, who played the wrong commercial file. (Or perhaps their mistake was in even recording the CM before the reveal. )

Anyway, we won't have long to wait now. If we don't have anything by this Sunday, we'll know for sure on 10 April. If it isn't real this time, I think it's only a matter of time.
Old 2012-03-28, 22:40   Link #198
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The rather unconventional way this is all being handled is simply screaming "KyoAni", it must be said, lol...
Old 2012-03-28, 22:47   Link #199
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple_r View Post
the rather unconventional way this is all being handled is simply screaming "kyoani", it must be said, lol...
KyoooAnniiiiii!!!!!!

Old 2012-03-28, 23:30   Link #200
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
KyoooAnniiiiii!!!!!!

I third the motion!

Yes I would image they would save the news for April 1st at least since that is KEY's usual. But they usually have VN type news. So maybe they will have info on Harvest Festa or a new game in the works? I just want the hidden goods!
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters