AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 31 28.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-26, 19:35   Link #521
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
You're both implying if she's not a love interest her use as a character is over. Nevermind that she's just been given development that will further her involvement in the main plot.
Yeah, I'm more interested to see how these events will develop her as a leader.
Old 2013-06-26, 20:10   Link #522
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Emo fashion kills characters that can evolve
This is a lie, for Saki should have already been. . . but lol this is funny.
Old 2013-06-26, 22:55   Link #523
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
You're both implying if she's not a love interest her use as a character is over. Nevermind that she's just been given development that will further her involvement in the main plot.
Her appearance last in the OP suggests that she's not going to be around for a long time. It reminds me of seeing dead characters in an OP that inspires the rest of the cast. (Avenge our dead ex-leader and liberate L-11's country.) Besides with the invasion, she would be top on the list to being killed now since capturing her and executing her would only draw out sympathy.
Old 2013-06-26, 23:00   Link #524
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Isn't it what they did in Macross Frontier. They main guy say both girls are his wings, so he demanded the harem ending with them. He became a big jerk among viewers.
As one of the people who hated Macross Frontier TV series ending, I hated it BECAUSE Macross in every iteration before it has always been about properly resolving the love triangle. Even Macross 7 has him choosing music over either LI, but I couldn't stomach MF TV for not being 'true to its roots'. Movie though is another story, as THAT was more like the Macross I know and love.

Here? I have no such preconcieved notions about Valvrave. Like Code Geass, plot twist is the name of the game, so you can never be sure if Haruto ends up with both main LIs, or literally ALL the girls, or heck being alone by the end. I can perfectly imagine an ending where Haruto 'regains' back his humanity by dying, since it reolves his current biggest internal conflict right now that is him 'losing' his humanity.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-06-27, 01:54   Link #525
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Her appearance last in the OP suggests that she's not going to be around for a long time. It reminds me of seeing dead characters in an OP that inspires the rest of the cast. (Avenge our dead ex-leader and liberate L-11's country.) Besides with the invasion, she would be top on the list to being killed now since capturing her and executing her would only draw out sympathy.
Not gonna lie I had a similar interpretation to her appearance in the opening at first. Now I think it was meant to represent the distance increasing between her and Haruto. Considering she was just elected as Prime Minister, I don't think the "avenge our dead leader" card can be played just yet; especially given her father's last words. And if anyone's a priority to kill in the invasion it's L-Elf (who can seemingly bend the universe to his will so Shoko's safe unless he suddenly decides she's expendable again).
Old 2013-06-27, 03:09   Link #526
Irenesharda

Quote:
And if anyone's a priority to kill in the invasion it's L-Elf (who can seemingly bend the universe to his will so Shoko's safe unless he suddenly decides she's expendable again ).
You know honestly, other than his word given by his contract with Haruto, L-11 has never really made a move to ensure Shoko's safety in the least. Yes, he helped in battle to defend the entire school which includes Shoko, but he's never really been seen to be watching out for her in particular. In fact, the two have actually shared only about 6 or 7 lines of dialogue total.

And with the fact that he no longer seems to be abiding by Haruto's "save everyone" part of the contract, and that he seems perfectly fine with killing Shoko if he deems in necessary, I'm beginning to wonder really how important Haruto, the Valvraves, or the contract really is to L-11 since he seems to be following his own plan that even the audience is unaware of.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-27, 04:00   Link #527
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know honestly, other than his word given by his contract with Haruto, L-11 has never really made a move to ensure Shoko's safety in the least. Yes, he helped in battle to defend the entire school which includes Shoko, but he's never really been seen to be watching out for her in particular. In fact, the two have actually shared only about 6 or 7 lines of dialogue total.
He's yet to have a reason to be concerned about her safety in particular. This next episode that's about to air may well change that seeing as he and Shoko seem separated from everyone else. I don't doubt the possibility of him leaving her to the wolves but I won't judge prematurely either. Not sure what the amount of lines spoken to each other has to do with anything but clearly the two talk off screen as the sweet bean jelly scene in ep. 9 indicates.

Quote:
And with the fact that he no longer seems to be abiding by Haruto's "save everyone" part of the contract, and that he seems perfectly fine with killing Shoko if he deems in necessary, I'm beginning to wonder really how important Haruto, the Valvraves, or the contract really is to L-11 since he seems to be following his own plan that even the audience is unaware of.
Ignoring for the moment how stupid killing her would've been (IMO), the whole reason he was prepared to do that was clearly about keeping people safe. Unless you, like a number of others, think L-Elf really is only concerned with his own safety. In which case we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 2013-06-27, 09:24   Link #528
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I think L-Elf is only concerned about his plan/goal to revolutionize Dorssia, and he has no problem sacrificing (that doesn't necessarily mean killing them though)certain things or people if he eventually deems them unnecessary. Look at how he dumped A-Drie for Haruto, as Haruto and the Valvraves would make his end goal easier to obtain. It's like a man building a log cabin in the woods and all he only has a handsaw, but luckly comes across a chainsaw. He'll probably count his blessings and use it. But if the chainsaw breaks down for whatever reason he's not going to give up his goal, he'll just go back to using the handsaw.

So even if the Valvraves all got destroyed (unlikely) I doubt that would keep him from trying to reach his goal, until then he'll protect the Valvraves as they're the most important piece, everyone else is optional.
Old 2013-06-27, 12:26   Link #529
Irenesharda

Quote:

Ignoring for the moment how stupid killing her would've been (IMO), the whole reason he was prepared to do that was clearly about keeping people safe. Unless you, like a number of others, think L-Elf really is only concerned with his own safety. In which case we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know if it was to save lives, or even his own life, but more about him being able to accomplish his goals is what's important to him. I think to him, any and everyone could die, including him, as long as he's able to do what he's set out to do.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-27, 21:19   Link #530
~BC~

Can't accomplish much if you're dead. And understanding his own mortality (or that of others) doesn't mean he's fine with letting people die willy nilly.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-06-27 at 22:49. Reason: typo
Old 2013-06-28, 14:04   Link #531
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You imply that Shoko has to remain in that unhappy love triangle when she has L-Elf as an option and we all know L-Elf is a bigger man than Haruto anyway.
but ERU ERUFU already has the dorssian princess. that would mean that shouko will be in yet another love triangle
Old 2013-06-30, 23:49   Link #532
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Four days ago Valvrave ended its first season run. Fortunately, I'm just one more episode left to finish it in time for the arrival of the next anime season.

This was the defining moment for Shoko. She was exposed and witnessed to the horrors that adults can commit: treachery, injustice, underhandedness, etc.

To me this was more poignant than hearing Haruto proposing marriage to Saki.

Witnessing her fathers' last words and demise before her eyes will definitely stir a profound change within Shoko. I do bet my two cents that she'll toughen up for next season to become that kind of adult she wants to be: the nice type but still realistic that cares for younglings and does everything to protect them, to encourage them, and to guide them towards a more positive direction.

As for Haruto and Saki, well, with what happened at the end of the previous episode, they have practically left the threshold of childhood and enter into the dawn of adulthood.

Moreover, I do feel that hikkikomori Akira will get her defining moment in the last episode that will oblige her to grow up, and I do feel that Satomi after experiencing recurrent breakdowns due to his inability to take the reins on his own without being told will either descend to madness or making a dangerous choice that could threaten everyone in module 77.

As for L-Elf, Cain delivered a very pleasant smile on my face when he countered and shattered L-Elfs' calculations with his own plan, succeeding with infiltrating and invading Module 77 from within.
That's another difference between a child and an adult.

L-Elf's pisses me so much due to his flawless manipulative actions and prediction ability that makes him so much in control of himself. It was about time that somebody saw through his tactics and broke them.
Closed Thread