AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old Today, 18:22   Link #4681
Knighto

Like this is the first time a digistined has taken damage beyond what the human body can normally endure. Yeah, sure, let's give a digimon the ability to revive anyone because why the hell not. Geez, you people of ANN...
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:15   Link #4682
xrick

For starters, kudos to Toei for such amazing inconsistencies for the sake of overdramatizing.
Old Today, 20:00   Link #4683
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

Guys, I haven't rewatched the episode but I remember that in the first series of Digimon there was a scene in which the young Gennai battled Piedmon. Could this be related with Gennai's change?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:01   Link #4684
xrick

I think the black sphere Piedmon stuck in Gennai's back made him grow old.
Old Today, 20:03   Link #4685
amaterasu4
I'll keep walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I think the black sphere Piedmon stuck in Gennai's back made him grow old.
Ah, then that explains his change in Digimon 2.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:17   Link #4686
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Like this is the first time a digistined has taken damage beyond what the human body can normally endure. Yeah, sure, let's give a digimon the ability to revive anyone because why the hell not. Geez, you people of ANN...
Yeah. I understand the reasoning behind it -- Hououmon is a phoenix, having a phoenix revive someone makes sense -- but once you have a Digimon revive a human, you've basically made death worthless and all the tension just trickles out.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:39   Link #4687
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
This goes doubly so when you consider that dark evolution tend not to actually be named in-show, on account of how they vocalise themselves entirely through screaming, usually. So it wouldn't be Ophanimon Falldown Mode appearing out of the blue, it would be Terrifying Unnamed Scythe Lady appearing, never giving her name, and scything people right up.
In Adventure, all the Digimon tend to be named (Dark evolutions too). They even have Koushiro's laptop, which always has the name of Digimon (even if there isn't much more data).

So I doubt they wouldn't mention Ofanimon Falldown Mode.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:12   Link #4688
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
In Adventure, all the Digimon tend to be named (Dark evolutions too). They even have Koushiro's laptop, which always has the name of Digimon (even if there isn't much more data).

So I doubt they wouldn't mention Ofanimon Falldown Mode.
They didn't name Meicrackmon in-show at all, if I recall correctly. Considering that so far only four hitherto-unseen-in-Adventure Digimon have been seen -- Alphamon, Jesmon, Meicoomon, and Meicrackmon -- that's a 25% rate of not naming new Digimon.

Old Today, 21:53   Link #4689
Galaxian

I'm glad that the plot is finally moving along, the interaction between the kids and the digimon was good, and it was great to finally see the previous digidestined (they even had a googlehead ).

But wow, this episode requires you to turn your brain off way too many times, even for a Digimon series.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:13   Link #4690
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
They didn't name Meicrackmon in-show at all, if I recall correctly. Considering that so far only four hitherto-unseen-in-Adventure Digimon have been seen -- Alphamon, Jesmon, Meicoomon, and Meicrackmon -- that's a 25% rate of not naming new Digimon.
I understand your point, but it doesn't seem a very solid proof that they will not name Ofanimon Falldown Mode (not to mention that Tri could stilll name Meicrackmon).

This is just my opinion, but I think it would still be very strange that Ofanimon Falldown Mode appear, but Ofanimon doesn't appear at some moment.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:42   Link #4691
snowey

Here's clearer pics of the poster

And this one with half of the date on it porbably July

Old Today, 22:45   Link #4692
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
I understand your point, but it doesn't seem a very solid proof that they will not name Ofanimon Falldown Mode (not to mention that Tri could stilll name Meicrackmon).

This is just my opinion, but I think it would still be very strange that Ofanimon Falldown Mode appear, but Ofanimon doesn't appear at some moment.
That's great, but the whole point of my argument was that it was possible, because other people were saying it wasn't. It doesn't need to be solid proof that it will happen, it just needs to be solid proof that it's within the realms of reasonably predictable possibility. Which it is. Broadly speaking, I always argue in favour of there being multiple reasonable possibilities.

Old Today, 23:06   Link #4693
tuckersister

I wonder what will cause Kari to completely snap and lose composure. Maybe she and Dark Gennai have some argument.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon