AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-24, 18:09   Link #1181
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's just because the show is tangentially related to KyoAni.

To be honest I think it only really needs 2 cours at most. They could skip the non-Rin routes and lose absolutely nothing.
I have to agree that the non-Rin routes don't add too much overall. However, it seems doubtful they will not do those routes as that will certainly make some fans disgruntled.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:57   Link #1182
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
30k, and that's your conservative guess? Didn't Clannad sell around 20k? Is Little Busters that much more popular? I was always under the impression that Clannad was the more popular Key visual novel in Japan.
Game versions of Clannad have definitely sold better (platform for platform), but it's difficult to gauge potential from numbers alone. For one, Clannad launched when the VN market was at its peak, whereas Little Busters was released as it entered a downward (possibly death?) spiral.

On the other hand, LB doesn't have quite as good of a reputation. It'll be interesting to see if anime viewers feel any better about some of the weaker scenarios.
Old 2012-07-24, 20:15   Link #1183
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Not to butt in, but the Visual Novel market is declining?

I beg to differ.

Arturia

EDIT: Since someone decided to bad-rep me saying Quote: "What do you even know about VN's and Eroge?"

I'll answer: I played every VN from J-Collections, Clannad, Little Busters, I'm currently holding on Fate/Stay and Rewrite because of money issues but I'm also writing a Visual Novel as a side proyect with Ren'Py

If that's not enough knowledge to give my honest opinion, then enlighten me.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-07-25 at 06:17. Reason: Bad reputation? really?
Old 2012-07-24, 20:34   Link #1184
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Not to butt in, but the Visual Novel market is declining?

I beg to differ.
It's not really a matter of opinion or perception of quality, but a matter of sales. The market is saturated with small companies and dozens of products every month, and average sales per title are very low. Key games still manage to sell well, but not as well as back in the day. This is why even Visual Art's is looking at new models for selling games that isn't so dependant on the current high-priced boxed-copy pre-orders.

Anyway, it's off-topic for this thread, but I'm sure that it has been discussed in the game sub-forum a few times over recent years.
Old 2012-07-25, 01:40   Link #1185
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Saturation! Yes! Nowadays I have to wade through a crap pile, if I may be so crass, to get to the chunks hiding diamonds within. And even then I hesitate to even call it a diamond, because just enough crap might have sunk inside to turn it into what is still essentially crap.

Addressing the music, I thought Rockstar Busters was pretty good. Some of em better than the original even. Things like the baseball theme, magic word and My brave smile stand out. Only good things I remember from the Clannad remixes are the ones from mabinogi (Nagisa, Moon Phases remix).

though watching the anime is not on my list, per se...
Old 2012-07-25, 05:56   Link #1186
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

^^ Yusonaru Tatakai from the rockstar busters is way better than the original from the VN.

Cheers

Old 2012-07-25, 22:44   Link #1187
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I sort of wish they would create anime only version theme songs and use the same artists. Since some of the ending songs loose impact as an ending theme >.> I hope they don't do a Kyoto animation and use the ending every single time, when they could have used no ending or a more emotional track. Hearing Torch every time on a depressing episode killed the mood.
Old 2012-07-26, 00:33   Link #1188
Serphirs

Can somebody translate the news please?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10914.html

Some interesting this time? =o

I just understood more or less that JC is hetic for some reason (obvious reasons), and that fans have blasted against Baba in his twitter for the questionable quality (?) of the first PV, but he is trying to detach from the responsibility passing the ball to JC and Warner, am I wrong?

Finally, is there anything relevant (at least something we didn't know) at all? xD
Old 2012-07-26, 00:38   Link #1189
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
I just understood more or less that JC is hetic for some reason (obvious reasons), and that fans have blasted against Baba in his twitter for the questionable quality (?) of the first PV, but he is trying to detach from the responsibility passing the ball to JC and Warner, am I wrong?
Yes, you're wrong in the sense that there's no blame-shifting. It's just saying that they were blasted for that early trailer, but they already explained previously (elsewhere) that they were the ones that put that together. Here, they're just re-emphasizing that they completely trust the staff assigned, and that people should show their support.

The rest: Basically, the Key president made a new blog post on Akibablog and said (summary) "So, people are wondering what new information we might get at the event on the 29th. Who knows... I hear J.C. Staff has been busy working on something these days..." So the blog owner at the link you posted speculates (with good cause) that we might see a new trailer put together by the real staff at that event.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-26 at 00:54.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:09   Link #1190
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The rest: Basically, the Key president made a new blog post on Akibablog and said (summary) "So, people are wondering what new information we might get at the event on the 29th. Who knows... I hear J.C. Staff has been busy working on something these days..." So the blog owner at the link you posted speculates (with good cause) that we might see a new trailer put together by the real staff at that event.
J.C. Staff is always working on a LOT of stuff
Old 2012-07-26, 07:23   Link #1191
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
J.C. Staff is always working on a LOT of stuff
That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:26   Link #1192
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

About time. I remember the epicness of Angel Beats! PV6... I replayed that thing so much in my head...

Arturia

Old 2012-07-26, 13:19   Link #1193
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, you're wrong in the sense that there's no blame-shifting. It's just saying that they were blasted for that early trailer, but they already explained previously (elsewhere) that they were the ones that put that together. Here, they're just re-emphasizing that they completely trust the staff assigned, and that people should show their support.

Remember what I said before? I am currently [expletive]ing soangry that the new news we got is that kyoani trusts jcstaff.
Old 2012-07-26, 21:29   Link #1194
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Remember what I said before? I am currently [expletive]ing soangry that the new news we got is that kyoani trusts jcstaff.
Well, that's not "The News", it's just something Key put up on a blog post that another blog thought was re-post worthy since it implies we'll see a new trailer on Sunday (which is what the other blog was reporting). The actual news will happen at the event, and then continue in G's and the next Dengeki Visual Art's (probably end-August). Nobody ever pitched this as an announcement of any kind; it was just a small tease on a blog post.
Old 2012-07-26, 22:19   Link #1195
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But Arcana Famiglia is directed by Chiaki Kon!If Chiaki Kon had been chosen as the director of LB then I'd be a bit more worried
Damn, I'm tempted to make a comment about Deen and Kon. >.>

Well, things can always be worse.

I think it'll turn out fine, as long as they don't pull off anything funny. There's no need to drag this story out or milk for several seasons so there will be no need for original filler, from what it seems.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-27, 01:22   Link #1196
tsunade666

The story itself is pretty long so their is no need for filler at all.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:47   Link #1197
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

New key visual from http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4253478.html:
Spoiler for Image size:
Old 2012-07-27, 03:53   Link #1198
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That's kinda bad . And Mio is so chubby.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:53   Link #1199
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ahahahaha oh wow that looks horrid. The eye placement is just so... off. Colors are better than the original PV, but still aren't up to snuff... did they hire staff from Shaft to work on this?
And yet, the lineart still looks far better. Funny.
Old 2012-07-27, 04:04   Link #1200
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

It really doesn't look that bad. I do see some hints of the currently airing Joshiraku.
       /
      / \|
    /
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters