Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-24, 11:46   Link #361
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
So what you're basically telling me is, you can literally buy Goblin Slayer's helmet right at the corner.
Basically, yes. If I remember well, at the end of vol 1 GS visit a blacksmith which made his armor. So I guess, that it is not so hard get it, because it is cheap.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 11:55   Link #362
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I actually don't get the whole trope behind his equipment being "cheap". Not only does it actually look great, it's flexible as hell. Those lvl.1 n00bs say they can do better, but they really don't.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 12:03   Link #363
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
I actually don't get the whole trope behind his equipment being "cheap". Not only does it actually look great, it's flexible as hell. Those lvl.1 n00bs say they can do better, but they really don't.
Yes, even blacksmith told to apprentice that he is noob when he says about how cheap is GS armor. Also, when he mentions longswords... only dumbass will take a longsword for the fight in the tight tunnel
His armor is really good for a flexible warrior.
Old 2017-02-25, 02:53   Link #364
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

I believe his armor is the standard kind that you can purchase in a shop since it's easier to replace that way should it's damage beyond repairs, provide you have the money. Probably a Tier 3/4 armor - the one for seasoned adventurers - and since he didn't customize it or clean it beyond the barest amount, people would automatically assume it's cheap.
Old 2017-02-25, 04:01   Link #365
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I believe his armor is the standard kind that you can purchase in a shop since it's easier to replace that way should it's damage beyond repairs, provide you have the money. Probably a Tier 3/4 armor - the one for seasoned adventurers - and since he didn't customize it or clean it beyond the barest amount, people would automatically assume it's cheap.
Actually it is a basic level of armor, because as he says, it is easy to replace or repair it. (Actually, a lot of light armors in games looks pretty cheap, if you donīt have some fancy one ) Also, the reason about why the armor is not clean was explained too. It "reeks of metal" when it is new, so goblins can smell it much easier.
Old 2017-02-25, 07:18   Link #366
pervypig

^ dam wannabes are gonna jack up the price of old armor... soon good ol' GS will have to resort to wearing goblin loincloths to camo himself as one of them.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 19:57   Link #367
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Actually it is a basic level of armor, because as he says, it is easy to replace or repair it. (Actually, a lot of light armors in games looks pretty cheap, if you donīt have some fancy one ) Also, the reason about why the armor is not clean was explained too. It "reeks of metal" when it is new, so goblins can smell it much easier.
It's why I said barest amount. Although looking at that illust of GS doing inventory check... Where did he fit them all?
Old 2017-02-25, 21:56   Link #368
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
It's why I said barest amount. Although looking at that illust of GS doing inventory check... Where did he fit them all?
I have a theory, that his handbag have special attributes as handbag of woman. You know, there is a theory that handbag of woman have infinite space inside
Old 2017-02-26, 00:54   Link #369
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
I have a theory, that his handbag have special attributes as handbag of woman. You know, there is a theory that handbag of woman have infinite space inside
WAITWAITWAIT...you mean to tell me that underneath that mask...GS is really...DORAEMON?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:17   Link #370
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

He bought it from the same store Link does.
Do you even Zelda.
Old 2017-02-27, 10:19   Link #371
AP24

Vol 5 is scheduled for May and Vol 6 is scheduled for September. Would be nice if announcements of release dates can come so early like this for other LN series.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 14:08   Link #372
sparhawk1610
Asura

The chapter 10 of the manga was a nice one. I like how Cowgirl looks there. Also, we are getting close to the decisive battle with the big ass goblin
Old 2017-02-27, 20:21   Link #373
lazy-hemisphere

you can drink and eat in that helmet on
that's not an ordiinary helmet
the blacksmith must be awesome to make a helmet like that
lazy-hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 21:45   Link #374
SineMora
Wait for it...

And I thought I saw a gunblade right there... Goblins will fear the day he turns fireworks into guns as much as his already turned oil to a napalm

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 23:58   Link #375
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I had no idea Ch.9 was translated, let alone 10 being out. Regardless, I just finished both.
Ch.10 was reeaally fun. I felt GS more "human" here. Cow Girl also pulling all the bold moves. He doesn't suspect a thing.

also the only two pages Priestess gets here aahhhhhh I'm dead.

Last edited by WERERABBIT; 2017-02-28 at 09:26.
Old 2017-03-14, 16:23   Link #376
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Is anybody else seeing the Fate series slash Fire Emblem-esque references.
Old 2017-03-14, 17:45   Link #377
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^If that is so then Lancer guy is gonna' have some very bad streaks of unluck soon.
Old 2017-03-14, 21:36   Link #378
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I take not hitting it off with Guild Girl is bad enough as it is.

- Take a look at the designs. Lancer is out of the fucking question. Goblin Slayer, though? His outfit without the armour and his hairstyle remind me of some sort of mix of Emiya Shirou and casual Gilgamesh.

- Witch/Sorceress reminds me a fuckton of FE Fates' Witch class design.

- One of the little priestesses in Ch.5 and then the latest chapter reminds of the more traditional clerics, such as Lana or Maria (again, Fire Emblem).

- Lastly, Priestess. The first that caught my eye, and I'd be lying if it said it wasn't because of the FE-like resemblance I saw in the design.
Old 2017-03-16, 22:08   Link #379
SineMora
Wait for it...

Sorceress looks like sorceress from Dragon's crown for me

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.

Last edited by SineMora; 2017-03-17 at 19:15.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 03:42   Link #380
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Do you even Zelda.
- No, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Kinda used to having ridiculously limited space for storage.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?