AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-17, 10:59   Link #141
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Episode three rocks. I hope we see more of this Kobayashi dude in later episodes, the interaction between him and Hiro was very interesting. And very angry Hiro is hilarious as usual.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 19:06   Link #142
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki Man Scores Its Highest Television Audience Rating Yet With Episode 6 - 4.7%

Hataraki Man Episode 1 TV Rating - Kantou District (Includes Tokyo), Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Hataraki Man Episode 1 TV Rating - Kantou District (Includes Tokyo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Japanese Animation (Anime) Television Audience Ratings - Kantou District (Includes Tokyo)

3.1% NTV 2006/10/10 Tuesday 25:56 (2006/10/11 Wednesday 1:56 AM) DEATH NOTE "Taiketsu" ("Confrontation")

0.9% NTV 2006/10/10 Tuesday 26:35 (2006/10/11 Wednesday 2:35 AM) Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club "Hoshi ni Negai wo..." ("Wish Upon A Star...")

4.6% CX (Fuji TV) 2006/10/12 Thursday 25:05 - 25:35 (2006/10/13 Friday 1:05 AM - 1:35 AM) Noitamina "Hataraki Man" (Episode 1: Onna no Hataraki Man {Female Working Man})

Highest Television Audience Rating Per Minute According to Generation - Kantou District (Includes Tokyo)

HSH | KID |*TEN | *M1 | *M2 | *M3 | *F1 | *F2 | *F3*|*MAX

----------------------------------------------

*3.1 | *0.8 | *2.3 | *3.5 | *0.8 | *0.5 | *3.6 | *0.7 | *0.4 | *4.4 | DEATH NOTE

*4.6 | *1.3 | *2.2 | *3.5 | *3.3 | *0.8 | *3.1 | *3.8 | *1.0 | *5.4 | Hataraki Man

HSH = Households (Setai)
KID = Children aged 0-12 years
TEN = Teenagers aged 13-19 years
*M1 = Men aged 20-34 years
*M2 = Men aged 35-49 years
*M3 = Men aged 50 years and over
*F1 = Women aged 20-34 years
*F2 = Women aged 35-49 years
*F3 = Women aged 50 years and over

MAX = Maximum

ORICON STYLE news of the high television audience rating of 4.6 percent for the first episode of Hataraki Man made the Yahoo! JAPAN News headlines.

Japanese Animation (Anime) Television Audience Ratings - Kantou District (Includes Tokyo)

4.7% CX (Fuji TV) 2006/11/16 Thursday 24:45 Broadcast Starting Time (2006/11/17 Friday 12:45 AM Broadcast Starting Time) Noitamina "Hatarakiman" (Episode 6: Ohimesaman {Princess Man})

Singers Oonuki Ami and Yoshimura Yumi of PUFFY (Puffy AmiYumi), who sing the Hataraki Man opening theme song "Hataraku Otoko," perform as voice actors (seiyuu), having guest roles in episode 7 of Hataraki Man, "Kodawari Man" ("Fussy Man").

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-11-19 at 19:33. Reason: Corrected error in song title.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 19:09   Link #143
tritoch

Kobu-chan is the bestfriend you'd like to have at work.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 23:52   Link #144
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Shangri~la = WIN AND AWESOMENESS.

OMFG THE SONG IS SOOOOOOOOO HAX. Shangri~la ... ♫
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 00:00   Link #145
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Shangri~la = WIN AND AWESOMENESS.

OMFG THE SONG IS SOOOOOOOOO HAX. Shangri~la ... ♫

i skip the intro and ED of just about everything i watch... but this show somehow hypnotizes me into watching both the OP and ed (sometimes more than once in a row)

Are they really that good?

And sadly, I can sympathize with this show way too much.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 05:35   Link #146
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

They're not good, lol. THEY'RE AWESOME. AWESOME >>> GOOD.
Old 2006-11-21, 06:02   Link #147
Lilith
Your average fangirl

LOL I agree, Shangri~La is really good. I didn't like the opening song, but I love watching the opening sequence! Especially Hiro's expression when she misses the bus. XD
Old 2006-11-21, 06:05   Link #148
tritoch

Shangri-La is pure GOD.. err GOLD.. no wait, GOD is better.
Old 2006-11-22, 17:19   Link #149
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oftentimes I watch a series for all the banal reasons: this time around, I started Hataraki Man because I really loved its ED. It often follows that good music is part of a good series, right?
Old 2006-11-22, 18:15   Link #150
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 6 was very strong. The show maintains its quality. But are Japanese offices often that competitive and tense? Maybe I've just been lucky in where I worked myself, but that was at an extreme of competitiveness and bad feeling, it seemed to me.

And the gender wars were beyond what I've experienced. But gender distinctions do seem stronger in Japan. Someone wrote that Japan is a country where guys hang out with guys and girls with girls. Is that more true there, as it seems to be, than in North America or Europe?

As for the ED, yes, great. But I like the OP song, too. This is definitely one of those few shows where, even after several episodes, I don't skip through the OP/ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 19:01   Link #151
tritoch

err.. in the US:

Guys who hang out with both girls and guys are common
Girls hang out with Girls too
Guys who hang out with other guys are gay
Young guys who hang out with girls are cool
Old guys who hang out with young girls is just creepy and desperate
Guys who hang out with old girls are just... okay nevermind.

In a nutshell: Im weird
Old 2006-11-22, 20:42   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Shangri-La really is made of the ultimate win. It works perfect along side the ED video, as well as being an alone song. Sames goes for Hataraku Otoko (OP), though.. Puffy are pretty much legends. :3
Old 2006-11-22, 21:11   Link #153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 6 was very strong. The show maintains its quality. But are Japanese offices often that competitive and tense? Maybe I've just been lucky in where I worked myself, but that was at an extreme of competitiveness and bad feeling, it seemed to me.

And the gender wars were beyond what I've experienced. But gender distinctions do seem stronger in Japan. Someone wrote that Japan is a country where guys hang out with guys and girls with girls. Is that more true there, as it seems to be, than in North America or Europe?

As for the ED, yes, great. But I like the OP song, too. This is definitely one of those few shows where, even after several episodes, I don't skip through the OP/ED.
It depends on so many factors that I'm not sure one can make any sweeping generalizations. Print media offices tend to be highly competitive period regardless of gender - though less confident guys might try to pull gender rank (of course, they try that in most any setting). In Japan, it is still fairly retro but it seems to be more the case that sexist (or "traditional", heh) males just don't know how to react to competitive assertive females (of which there are more and more).
Seriously the country seems to be in a social tailspin because the over-30 guys don't seem to be adapting to the new realities gracefully (hence the recent trends of not marrying, marrying foreigners, not having kids --- the men just really need to get a clue there). This show is interesting to me because it is one of the first I've seen that remotely try to explore these "new" situations.
Old 2006-11-23, 04:58   Link #154
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I guess anime in the Noitamina slot are more or less guaranteed to be made of WIN and AWESOME. HONEY AND CLOVER! HONEY AND CLOVER II! AYAKASHI! PARADISE KISS! jyu oh sei lol
Old 2006-11-23, 05:04   Link #155
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

For some reason, most of Noitamina-slot titles are made of WIN and AWESOME. There's Honey and Clover, Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror, (I Medicine Seller man.) Honey and Clover II, Paradise Kiss, and now Hataraki Man ( oh, and jyu oh sei ).

Unless I'm wrong and this doesn't belong to that slot. But really, if it does, it simply continues the tradition of AWESOMENESS AND WINNAR nature of that said timeslot.
Old 2006-11-23, 12:12   Link #156
Zappster

Wow. Could you repeat that? I didn't quite get it the first time you posted it
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 14:05   Link #157
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Sorry; it was a double post. I didn't even know it was like that.
Old 2006-11-23, 14:34   Link #158
Zappster

Oh. I thought it was your enthusiasm getting the better of you again. Don't I look like an arse now?

*runs*
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 00:09   Link #159
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, I was simply meaning to make fun out of Jyu Oh Sei, as it was the only subpar Noitamina anime shown since its incipience. The others were excellent, although that's from a personal perspective.

I left all that enthusiasm with Ergo Proxy. It wasted a lot of energy, so I didn't want to repeat that all over again. I learned my lesson in anime ... never trust the names, never trust the anime, and never trust high-profile collaborations. It's only when it's over when it's REALLY over.

Haha. \o/
Old 2006-11-25, 03:34   Link #160
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, watching episode 7 made me realize that I am in a serious need of a thorough massage myself. My shoulders got tense just by watching Hiro get all of that R&R...

And, by the way, this episode sort of makes you understand where that "naturally big-busted" joke came from. Because Hiroko kinda... is... one. 8)

All in all, a very good, natural-feeling episode about yet one more aspect of office life: pent-up physical and emotional stress.

PS: But, seriously, I need someone to knead my back a little right NOW. Agrh....
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen