AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-03-19, 20:35   Link #441
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Watching the 6 O'clock news is more gruesome
Old 2007-03-19, 20:48   Link #442
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I've never been too bothered about RM's popularity versus others, being a RM fan makes me feel like I'm part of an exclusive club with fine taste
QFT. Not many people I know who can say they have watched Rozen Maiden.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:30   Link #443
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
RM is truly NOT a kid anime... I have a 10 years old goddaughter who wanted to know more about this show because she liked the "santa-desu" I drawn for her. And I was quite embarassed when it came to explain her why I didn't want her to watch it.
I wonder would it be possible to "Magic Round About" it? Althrough the op with blood coming out of Jun's eyes makes that a little difficult....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuigintou View Post
In worst case scenario, those kidss will be traumatized by doll....which will make them avoid dolls at all cause, which soon later in life will forbid their kids from buying doll. Multiply this with millions of kids who will be future mommy and daddy, it will be a generation of 'dolless' which in turn could shut down the whole doll industries....
Personally I was traumatised by Child's Play, but RM saved me and showed me the light. I can actually stand in a room with porcelain dolls in it alone and not pee my pants now
Old 2007-03-22, 12:46   Link #444
Question
Crossdresser

RM could have been a lot more violent, considering how many scences Jun literally stands in the middle of Suigintou's feather storm without being hit even once. Those scences were just LOL.
Old 2007-03-23, 10:34   Link #445
Lost

Quote:
Personally I was traumatised by Child's Play, but RM saved me and showed me the light. I can actually stand in a room with porcelain dolls in it alone and not pee my pants now
Somebody once told me that he didn't watch Rozen Maiden because the dolls creeped him out. Well, can't really blame him. (The dolls in the first few scenes had me wondering why I'd pick this series anyway. Glad I got past that.) Despite its appearances tho, it's really a fun show. If you can get a kid to skip all the scenes with Nori, and the series OP, it shouldn't be all that bad.
Old 2007-03-23, 11:57   Link #446
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
I don't think the stuff about Nori is so bad....To be honest, I was oblivious to it for the most part until I saw such discussions about it here. I highly doubt a kid would pick up on the refferences....
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 08:26   Link #447
Lost

The way she said it made it a little obvious to me. Tho you are somewhat right; I wouldn't have given more thought to it any way if it wasn't for discussions here.
Old 2007-03-26, 09:48   Link #448
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
The way she said it made it a little obvious to me. Tho you are somewhat right; I wouldn't have given more thought to it any way if it wasn't for discussions here.
Especially if you are a child, I remember the whole hoohaa in regards to Magic Roundabout and Pugwash.... Never meant a thing to me when I was a child, but then again, I see what some of these kids are getting up to now a days and I'm shocked... They all need a Shinku to bea... errr mentor them into shape!

*Edit* Actually wasn't Pugwash sexual innuendo a urban myth? Wait I'm going off topic!
Old 2007-03-27, 19:34   Link #449
Booya

As for the pullips... Shinku has the best oufit and wig but her face is too friendly and eyes too flat and not a vibrant blue. Suigintou is the best, her wings are OK but could be bigger, she is really cool and selling quickly but she still looks a bit too friendly. Hina is not worth the price IMO. Kanaria is kinda cute but I am unsure she is worth her cost. Barisuishou is cool. The twins are OK, their eyes are wrong though.
Booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 11:26   Link #450
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
As for the pullips... Shinku has the best oufit and wig but her face is too friendly and eyes too flat and not a vibrant blue.
I dunno...I love Shinku. I think it's the best representation of the character on the market. The eyes/hair colour are actually much better in person than photos tend to convey (her hair is actually a very light blonde, catching the light easily....but looking dark when photographed...).

Old 2007-03-28, 15:37   Link #451
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Proof: Since I probably missed that discussion I don't know what the hell you
guys are talking about (and like to keep it that way - Ignorance is bliss)
Old 2007-03-28, 18:08   Link #452
Kittie Rose

Hey, that doll does look better than in the pics. But is it cuddlable? Nobody really answered that for me :/ Like can I snuggle it in bed and not break or damage it? Is it soft?

Also, where's the cheapest place to get me some mini Gasaphons? I never realise quite how tiny the keychains were. They're sweet but I'd loose them too easily. I want the 2.5 inch ones. Well I guess all Gasaphons are that height...
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 18:21   Link #453
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Hey, that doll does look better than in the pics. But is it cuddlable? Nobody really answered that for me :/ Like can I snuggle it in bed and not break or damage it? Is it soft?

Also, where's the cheapest place to get me some mini Gasaphons? I never realise quite how tiny the keychains were. They're sweet but I'd loose them too easily. I want the 2.5 inch ones. Well I guess all Gasaphons are that height...
Well if you the type of doll you can bring to bed with you. You can probably find them in other shops.
Old 2007-03-28, 19:47   Link #454
grey_moon

*Desperately tries to keep mind out of gutter*

Maybe you should consider a plushie to snuggle up to and keep the figures and dolls for display only?

On a sad note, my Hina keyring chain broke and Hina has escaped in Hong Kong, if anyone should find her (most probably tearing around on a fat cat) could you buy her some unyuu and send her home please?
Old 2007-03-28, 20:08   Link #455
Kittie Rose

Quote:
*Desperately tries to keep mind out of gutter*

Maybe you should consider a plushie to snuggle up to and keep the figures and dolls for display only?

On a sad note, my Hina keyring chain broke and Hina has escaped in Hong Kong, if anyone should find her (most probably tearing around on a fat cat) could you buy her some unyuu and send her home please?
I've never seen a Rozen Maiden Plushie. I'm really sad they don't exist though, since they are dolls and all it seems only logical.
Old 2007-03-28, 20:16   Link #456
grey_moon

Quote:
I've never seen a Rozen Maiden Plushie. I'm really sad they don't exist though, since they are dolls and all it seems only logical.
*Edit* Bleh I can't read....

I'll keep my eye out for them
Old 2007-03-28, 22:54   Link #457
Kittie Rose

The Pullips look to be made from soft, rubbery plastic, so surely they'd be fine?

I've slept with Marvel Legends and Transformers before and they've been fine :/ Yet a lot of them end up breaking anyway elsewhere and when, heh.
Old 2007-03-28, 23:27   Link #458
klinton

Quote:
The Pullips look to be made from soft, rubbery plastic, so surely they'd be fine?

I've slept with Marvel Legends and Transformers before and they've been fine :/ Yet a lot of them end up breaking anyway elsewhere and when, heh.
They're hard vinyl (my roomate asked if they were pocelain, actually...heheh) and seem incredibly delicate, if all the comentary on the PS boards is to be believed (dunno...I don't 'play' with my toys, I just put them on shelves). I don't think I'd risk rolling over them in the night, if you decide to get one (or seven...hehe).
Old 2007-03-29, 01:06   Link #459
Kittie Rose

Really? Wow that sucks. Hard Vinyl generally doesn't break too easily but I'm not sure I'd risk it. Are there any softer Shinku dolls? It amazes me that nobody has put a list together, there seem to be quite a few made but impossible to find anything about.

I noticed there were a few action figures made too, though clothed ones which doesn't appeal to me that much, I had a "Dollgure" once.

Also, it's impossible to google for "Rozen Maiden Doll" for obvious reasons :/ What should I be looking for?

Last edited by Kittie Rose; 2007-03-29 at 01:20.
Old 2007-03-29, 02:05   Link #460
klinton

Quote:
I noticed there were a few action figures made too, though clothed ones which doesn't appeal to me that much, I had a "Dollgure" once.

Um...just a question...what are you planning to do with your dolls?