AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 21:00   Link #121
Fishbait

They really laying on the fanservice with this, like 100x as much as the original manga jeez.

I'm just gonna watch this for the president.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 00:04   Link #122
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well then, I'll give my reasons as well:
  1. Hanazawa Kana
  2. Hanazawa Kana beating the crap out of Mamiko
  3. Hanazawa Kana
As my avatar and signature, who've been with me literally for years now, might betray; this is more than enough reason for me to watch just about any show as well.
Old 2010-12-30, 14:11   Link #123
RhinoX

Hopefully the clothes would resist more the attacks like in the manga than other series.
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 23:14   Link #124
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
They really laying on the fanservice with this, like 100x as much as the original manga jeez.

I'm just gonna watch this for the president.
Interesting, I'm watching this for any girls (especially Ganessa) *except* Satelliser
Old 2010-12-31, 02:32   Link #125
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Interesting, I'm watching this for any girls (especially Ganessa) *except* Satelliser
Satellizer is your hated character because she is always hurted ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 04:59   Link #126
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Maybe because even till now, we've seen very little else about her?

/me runs
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 13:39   Link #127
karuroso

Ganessa was one of the few i really didn't liked much, she can die for all i care D= now i just hope this adapatation shows Hana and Satellizer properly( i still can't believe she's voiced by Mamiko, kudos for the genius who had this idea) and an satisfying ending like Kurokami

Spoiler for what i hope they wont ever animate:
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 17:49   Link #128
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
She also looks pretty lame besides that, and what's up with that ugly long skirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Ganessa was one of the few i really didn't liked much, she can die for all i care D=
Naoe, can I use your hammer for a moment?

/me uses Naoe's hammer to splat karuroso against the wall

Hmm... that big red splotch on the wall somehow reminds me of the red splotch you get when you squish a mosquito (just that it's much bigger, of course)
Old 2010-12-31, 23:54   Link #129
mangatron

pp

Quote:
Hmm... that big red splotch on the wall somehow reminds me of the red splotch you get when you squish a mosquito (just that it's much bigger, of course)
Spoiler for Rated cero-15, for bloody roaring gore and violence:

On the topic of that skirt, isn't she like the only one who dresses like that? I don't recall, but have they ever/will they ever address that?
Old 2011-01-01, 00:45   Link #130
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
On the topic of that skirt, isn't she like the only one who dresses like that? I don't recall, but have they ever/will they ever address that?
Indirectly, yeah.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 20:33   Link #131
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
On the topic of that skirt, isn't she like the only one who dresses like that?
From what I've see so far: yes, she's thankfully the only one without fashion sense
Old 2011-01-01, 20:52   Link #132
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
From what I've see so far: yes, she's thankfully the only one without fashion sense
To be fair a majority of them don't have a sense for fashion but I think it's more whoever thought of the uniform lacks sense.
I mean really it's impending world doom and fighting big ass aliens and they are wearing that?!
Proper combat gear please.
Surprisingly the boys get what seems like proper gear.

And no I won't take "it's practical" for a valid reason.

And yes I know they are in that getup purely for the service

lol gotta pick my moments for bringing up Impending World Doom
Old 2011-01-01, 21:05   Link #133
Dahak86
Classics never age

lol, I wonder... how long will that skirt last in combat?
I mean, if this is going the Queen's Blade/IkkiTousen route, clothes are bound to get ripped as soon as the fight starts, and then, they'll just explode and/or disappear with no apparent reason.

well, in any case, she managed to show off her pantsu pretty well in the trailer, despite the (way too) long skirt. So, I'm not complaining.
Old 2011-01-01, 21:43   Link #134
mangatron

pp

But that's the thing, bud. We would have had a much better view had her skirt been just way a little shorter

So complain more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
To be fair a majority of them don't have a sense for fashion but I think it's more whoever thought of the uniform lacks sense.
I mean really it's impending world doom and fighting big ass aliens and they are wearing that?!
Proper combat gear please.
Surprisingly the boys get what seems like proper gear.

And no I won't take "it's practical" for a valid reason.

And yes I know they are in that getup purely for the service

lol gotta pick my moments for bringing up Impending World Doom
lol you better keep bringing up the World Doom stuff, I wish you were a broken record spamming my brain when I was reading the manga, at times I really forgot the manga was about aliens and just drowned in the bitching the girls were doing at each other

They could have learned from Hyakka Ryoran's Hanzo. I mean, her skirt is long, yeah sure, but it hides several blades in there. Tell me that's not useful

Until I see Satell hiding a RPG down there, I will forever question the dress
Old 2011-01-01, 23:05   Link #135
karuroso

They don't need to wear battle suits all the time to attend school and as the story already showed, when they need to actually go on missions to fight against the Novas they indeed wear proper clothes ,not to mention when the Pandoras go into Pandora Mode.
And i'm kinda surprised to see people complaining about Satellizer clothes =O yes she may be using something different from the ordinary school uniform and has a long shirt that can hide an zettai ryouiki, but i like that style that resambles a bit a dress from XVIII used by the nobility, this kind of dress she uses is explained a bit and make sense, but i doubt the anime will reach there, anyway what makes me like her uniform is how she can show the difference of her of Hopes and Dreams from the rest, which i think is not possible with the normal one =P i expected actually someone to say something about Hana's hair, it would make much more sense i think.

Last edited by karuroso; 2011-01-01 at 23:34. Reason: grammar =X
Old 2011-01-01, 23:38   Link #136
mangatron

pp

Quote:
They don't need to hear battle suits all the time to attend school and as the story already showed, when they need to actually go on missions to fight against the Novas they indeed hear proper clothes ,not to mention when the Pandoras go into Pandora Mode.
And i'm kinda surprised to see people complaining about Satellizer clothes =O yes she may be using something different from the ordinary school uniform and has a long shirt that can hide an zettai ryouiki, but i like that style that resambles a bit a dress from XVIII used by the nobility, this kind of dress she uses is explained a bit and make sense, but i doubt the anime will reach there, anyway what makes me like her uniform is how she can show the difference of her of Hopes and Dreams from the rest, which i think is not possible with the normal one =P i expected actually someone to say something about Hana's hair, it would make much more sense i think.
The question not lies in her choice of attire; it is the portrayal of her choice that was questionably used throughout the early parts of the story. Basically it went down as "Satell attends school, runs into another girl, cue bloodbath, rinse and repeat" which if anything, I can question how many spare clothes she has, but more importantly, attacking a victorian era dressed girl, (I assume the girls can move at lightspeed) how does a dress handle high G maneuvers, basically I just see it as wrong place, wrong time for her. Just let her attend school dressed like that, sure, but did she have to fight her other classmates?

Or simply put, I never liked the story writing of the first half of the manga Bonta's got the "world doom" thing covered, I'll continue with my "first half story" gripe until the anime ends its run, which just further fuels my impatience to see it already
Old 2011-01-01, 23:57   Link #137
karuroso

If you put in that way you are absolutely right, and apparently the anime will have them regenerating the clothes, i'ts been some time since i read, but this is exclusively for the anime right? if am i right only the weapons could be regenerated before
Old 2011-01-02, 00:25   Link #138
Maverick05

Hello Everyone!!!

You know, I saw this series in a winter preview post, and really got a Claymore vibe (that and Satellizer is hot!!) so I read the 34 translated chapters in two days. XD

It was quite an interesting reading, not the best manga I have read but quite entertaining. I am awaiting for the anime series!!

BTW Karuroso:
Thank you for all the posts you did at the manga thread and over here. You really seem to like this series, and you comments are quite right. Personally I also don´t want to see THAT arc animated neither....but honestly, I would rewrite Kazuya´s character to actually make it "special".

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-02 at 10:57. Reason: Let's keep manga spoilers out of the (not yet airing) anime thread
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 00:29   Link #139
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Problem I have is females + skirts @ war(and in this case with added impending world doom) = don't work

Of course to be honest I don't mind it, I like my service but really it shouldn't be.
It was one of the biggest jarring faults of Valkyria Chronicles(a real favorite series of mine)

I can handle lone females or small groups fighting in whatever attire they want but big groups/armies are a different matter.
I always just kinda expect them to be properly outfitted, not in skirts and thigh highs.

It's a odd pet peeve I have along with a few others that only really involve small anal stuff.
I'm somewhat more forgiving on bigger more noticeable faults in anime.

Also I got no probs with Bridget's long skirt but again I wouldn't mind seeing her with the short vers.
Old 2011-01-02, 00:49   Link #140
mangatron

pp

It certainly is something to think about. I've seen the question of proper battle attire brougt up in other series, perfectly valid when it comes to armies and/or government/military groups. I've gone and questioned that myself at times.

Quote:
If you put in that way you are absolutely right, and apparently the anime will have them regenerating the clothes, i'ts been some time since i read, but this is exclusively for the anime right? if am i right only the weapons could be regenerated before
I'm very much in the dark when it comes to the story up to the chapter 30's, so someone will have to hold me at gunpoint to re-read it again, but I do also recall only the weapons can.

I am hoping the anime can bring about some more sensible changes, or explanations that I don't recall in the manga. It sure would help me to re-read it again, I know, but... I'd like for the anime to re-introduce me to a different view.

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen