AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-17, 19:54   Link #2921
Twi

Teminal Montage made another Pokemon Battle Royale. This time, Mega forms:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And the explanation:

YouTube
Old 2021-04-18, 13:29   Link #2922
grecefar

Mega Rayquaza is way too OP, it was cool they just left him take a cup of tea until the end when he became the final boss but impossible to beat, props to mewtwo and alakazam, like some the comments it seems they are favorites of the channel.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 08:46   Link #2923
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Mega Rayquaza is way too OP, it was cool they just left him take a cup of tea until the end when he became the final boss but impossible to beat, props to mewtwo and alakazam, like some the comments it seems they are favorites of the channel.
Yep. Then Gamefreak rolled in, MiB nerualized the kid, and then slapped him again so he would remember the slap.
Old 2021-05-08, 21:30   Link #2924
AndrewR5D4

Ash beat Iris... I mean she may be an ex-traveling companion, but she was still the Unova Champion. Does that mean he's reached master level?
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 21:55   Link #2925
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Ash beat Iris... I mean she may be an ex-traveling companion, but she was still the Unova Champion. Does that mean he's reached master level?
Ash had the level since he beated the frontier. He just need to fight with his strongest team and that's it, remember sinnoh?, he only lost because tobiah BS.

He just keep the rule to only use pokemon of that region.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 22:08   Link #2926
alex_drian

Quote:
Redemption for the shameful display in BW. There isn't such a thing as Master level or Pokemon Master remember? the term is made-up. If something is Champion level what Ash is and should be as he is Alola Champion people like it or not. And is better to start from someplace because at least before Leon is Lance so fight with Gym Leaders E4-tier, E4-tier trainers, actual E4 and Champions is next.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 22:42   Link #2927
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Redemption for the shameful display in BW. There isn't such a thing as Master level or Pokemon Master remember? the term is made-up. If something is Champion level what Ash is and should be as he is Alola Champion people like it or not. And is better to start from someplace because at least before Leon is Lance so fight with Gym Leaders E4-tier, E4-tier trainers, actual E4 and Champions is next.
True. Alola had no champion until Ash. In the anime, winning the conference tournament usually gets you a trophy and an invitation to challenge the Elite Four and Regional Champion. I'm guessing the Alola League's newbie status makes Ash the first champion.

Every other region's champion simply coincides with the games. It's odd that among them, only Lance and Leon are actually counted among the World Coronation's "Master Class" whereas Iris was only "Great Class". You would figure that the other champions would comprise the top ranked trainers in this tournament

I heard that Cynthia and Tobias are slated to pop up again... Wonder what rank they'll be.
Old 2021-05-09, 11:26   Link #2928
alex_drian

Quote:
True. Alola had no champion until Ash. In the anime, winning the conference tournament usually gets you a trophy and an invitation to challenge the Elite Four and Regional Champion. I'm guessing the Alola League's newbie status makes Ash the first champion.

Every other region's champion simply coincides with the games. It's odd that among them, only Lance and Leon are actually counted among the World Coronation's "Master Class" whereas Iris was only "Great Class". You would figure that the other champions would comprise the top ranked trainers in this tournament

I heard that Cynthia and Tobias are slated to pop up again... Wonder what rank they'll be.
First time I heard of that, should be rumors.

The thing with this tournament is that it ignores previous status or past achievements so it doesn't matter if you are the a Regional Champion or you recent left home with only a Rattata you are going to start from the buttom. Of course a Champion is gonna streamroller the competition until near the top where are the top trainers but that takes a time. In the episode was said that Iris recently entered the tournament. That is the reason why she isn't in Master Class or near the top and why there are Gym Leaders above her (aside of the ones that are stated to be E4 level or higher, as Volkner).
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 16:34   Link #2929
AP24

Doesn’t seem like all gym leaders, Elite 4 and Champions from all regions participate in the tournament which is too bad. Well, I’d say if all gym leaders participate many of them would be in Normal Class considering thousands of trainers around the world have managed to participate in League Conferences. Those in Great Class should be at least skillful enough to enter League Conferences. The ones in Ultra Class are probably on par with League Conference winners or better.

The current tournament season probably hasn’t reached its late stage so everyone’s current rank doesn’t necessarily indicate their actual strength since their rank might end up being higher or lower at the end of the season. Iris will probably reach Ultra Class later like she said cause it’s stupid if a region champion doesn’t make into at least Ultra Class. Korrina nearly reached Great Class at early stage of the tournament season so she probably already reached Great Class by now. Some gym leaders are so strong that they are on the level of Elite 4 or close like Volkner.

Ash was already on the level of League Conference winners long ago especially when using his strongest pokemons so reaching Ultra Class is obvious.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 22:04   Link #2930
AndrewR5D4

Speaking of Gym Leaders, one that never reappeared that I would like to see again is Sabrina. Of all the Kanto Gym leaders, she's the one I'm confident Ash could never have beaten fairly at the time of her appearance.
Old 2021-05-26, 00:28   Link #2931
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Amazing, this thread is still kept alive!

Hello from the person that started this thread years ago.

I'm still up to date with Pokemon. I'm excited for this week's episode! Shigeru time!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 23:56   Link #2932
elior

to anyone who dont know. dawn is returning for 1 hour special in july 23
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-18, 10:17   Link #2933
Twi

Whelp, more about Legends and Remake are up. Some old forgotten pokemon get regional and evolutions:

YouTube

So I can only assume that the regional and evolved forms of Pokemon: Breath of the Wild just went extinct at some point.

Last edited by Twi; 2021-08-18 at 15:12.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-25, 06:25   Link #2934
AndrewR5D4

So far half the Masters are known: Leon, Lance, Cynthia, and Raihan. Since Iris is only Great ranked (and fell in rank after battling Ash), the most likely candidates for the others are: Diantha, Alder, Steven, Wallace, and/or Trace. This also begs to question which of them Ash will beat in order to ascend higher.
Old 2021-08-25, 06:51   Link #2935
Huh...?

Quote:
So far half the Masters are known: Leon, Lance, Cynthia, and Raihan. Since Iris is only Great ranked (and fell in rank after battling Ash), the most likely candidates for the others are: Diantha, Alder, Steven, Wallace, and/or Trace. This also begs to question which of them Ash will beat in order to ascend higher.
Alder & Wallace probably aren't in the Masters Class.

Because, for one Alder is quite old now (so probably doesn't take part in stuff like that), and Iris had probably defeated him to become the Unova Champion (like in the Games), which means Iris is stronger than him, but she is only ranked in the Great Class.
Similarly, Wallace was supposedly defeated by Steven in the Anime (to become the Current Hoenn Champion), plus Wallace is more interested in Contests.

Not sure, if a game character like Trace would appear or not.

So, the only options are Diantha (Kalos Champion) and Steven (Current Hoenn Champion).
Considering, they were focusing on "Bea" a lot, i guess by the time Ash reaches the Master Class, she would also reach there.

As for the Current last member of Masters Class, it could be one of Ash's past rivals (preferably Paul) or some random guy.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-25, 20:58   Link #2936
Chosen_Hero

I hate this whole Master tournament thing on the basis that it just popped up out of nowhere with rankings already decided as if it always existed. Maybe if it had been set up properly for a season or two (cough Champion'sLeaguecough), maybe then I would like it, but I just don't.

Also, f*** off with Leon defeating Cynthia, he literally just appeared out of nowhere and just claimed to be the strongest (I hate it even in the games), if it had been Steven vs Cynthia, then it would have been far more believable, but this sucks so much. It's such an obvious jobber moment set up that it bothers me to no end.

Sigh, if only this show had kept it's consistency after Sinnoh instead of doing soft reboots every time Ash goes to a new region.
Old 2021-09-02, 09:08   Link #2937
WingedAccelerator

Something good after The Oirigin, Generations, and Twilight Wings?

YouTube
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 10:30   Link #2938
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Something good after The Oirigin, Generations, and Twilight Wings?

YouTube
I would like it if for once these kind of specials focused on the actual main characters of the region instead of on secondary characters.
Old 2021-09-02, 11:57   Link #2939
WingedAccelerator

Some of them are present there, but they don't really have a personality or explorable connection to most of the characters, or am I wrong? Basically they are self-inserts, and we learn about the story, other characters and their baggages through them.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 20:02   Link #2940
Chosen_Hero

^The only ones that are self inserts are the one from gen 6 onwards, and that by design due to trainer customization.

To claim that the trainers from gen 1 to gen 5 are self insert is the same as claiming that just because you can give Link a different name in some of the games that he is a self insert and has no character.

In both cases everything you learn about the characters is through the story you playthrough and through their actions in the games. If that's enough to claim that Link has his own personality, then it should be enough for the Pokemon MCs. I mean, everything we know about Red is because of this and that doesn't stop people from praising how good of a character he is, right?

So yeah, I'd rather see the MC's stories animated (like they did with Red) than follow secondary characters for the umpteenth time.

Personally, I don't care for Leon claiming to be the strongest Champion in the world when he is only the strongest in Galar. Similarly, I don't care about Nebby, Lillie and her rich girl problems and family drama (kind of why Ultra Sun/Moon is my preferred gen 7 set of games), Lysander and his whole fashion Nazi plot to kill off all the ugly people isn't interesting in the least (now if they were showing AZ and his story, maybe the it would be interesting), the most characterization Barry gets is that he calms down a bit after getting beaten by Team Galactic, etc.

About the only one interesting in that line up is Zinnia and that's because the only things you learn about her is that she's a draconid and that there's something sad about her daughter Aster who she names her Whismur after.