AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-03-05, 17:51   Link #3421
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 48
Crossing my fingers for a Sword Oratoria adaptation announcement.

EDIT: Just realized that both the mangas are available for free (latest chapter or two plus first chapter) online in Japanese at the official site (Gangan Online), in an HTML5 reader. Cool. Resolution isn't quite up to what I've come to expect from official online sources, but then again, Gangan is also selling the Danmachi mangas in a periodical, whereas YJ's OPM website, for instance, is the only official Japanese way to get the manga until tankoubons are released.
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-03-06 at 01:40.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 02:12   Link #3422
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Someone at the Gangan GA festival said Sword Oratoria anime was announced!!
This better not be a troll, waiting for official news.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 02:58   Link #3423
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Someone at the Gangan GA festival said Sword Oratoria anime was announced!!
This better not be a troll, waiting for official news.
Yea until it's officially announced by the publisher or studio I won't believe anything every festival we get "news" that some random anime has been announced I remember it happened with Index III, Rokujyouma II even fucking Full Metal Panic like 4 years ago. So unless it's officially announced by them take those with a grain of salt. Personally I doubt it, it's extremely rare for a spinoff with inferior sales(last I checked) to get an adaptation, especially when an OVA for the main series got announced(I think), I mean rumor has it Index III is gonna get announced at the end of Heavy Object but I'm skeptical because JC Staff.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 03:14   Link #3424
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Yea until it's officially announced by the publisher or studio I won't believe anything every festival we get "news" that some random anime has been announced I remember it happened with Index III, Rokujyouma II even fucking Full Metal Panic like 4 years ago. So unless it's officially announced by them take those with a grain of salt. Personally I doubt it, it's extremely rare for a spinoff with inferior sales(last I checked) to get an adaptation, especially when an OVA for the main series got announced(I think), I mean rumor has it Index III is gonna get announced at the end of Heavy Object but I'm skeptical because JC Staff.
Actually Sword Oratoria is selling well, above 50k per volume maybe even close to 100k. Perhaps they're hoping anime adaptation of Sword Oratoria will cause sales to be above 100k per volume like the main volumes.

Also, a lot of people who went there have tweeted the same thing so Sword Oratoria is pretty much officially confirmed!!!
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 06:22   Link #3425
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 48
And confirmed. Officially. Now we just wait to see when and how many episodes it gets.

I, for one, welcome our new flat-chested trickster goddess overlord...

Methinks it's about time for DanMachi to get its own subforum, as well. Having two separate but related properties get anime adaptations should qualify it.
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-03-06 at 06:33.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 06:37   Link #3426
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And confirmed. Officially. Now we just wait to see when and how many episodes it gets.

Methinks it's about time for DanMachi to get its own subforum, as well. Having two separate but related properties get anime adaptations should qualify it.
Well now that's interesting.

Personally I don't think it needs a subforum maybe if the novels were in the 15+ volume mark and we've pretty much discussed every little thing to death already. The anime forum is good to contain the new questions and this thread is good for new releases etc;
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 07:12   Link #3427
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
SO should be more "anime friendly" so it could give something quite entertaining as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I can't believe you or anyone would get this upset over literally the last minute or two of the last episode, especially when it's so easily resolved. Did you miss the fact that this series is a comedy? Repeating a scene, especially if the first iteration is given a comic resolution, is at worst a failed joke, and might end up being an improvement, both in humor and, if they do it right, in plot development. It won't keep anyone from tuning in, unless they were already bent on not doing so, and I imagine there would be a fair number of fans of the original LN who would be even more likely to tune in just to see how they resolve it.

Who told you I was upset? I'm not even a fan of NGNL. And since I'm a novel reader before anything else, I couldn't care less about never seeing a second season for NGNL you know. I'm simply stating fact. They made it harder for anyone to do a second season for no logical reasons. Is anything in your post saying otherwise? No. So they made it harder. For no gain whatsoever. There is no positive consequences from it, only negatives one. That's called screwing up. Plain and simple.


Quote:
Not arguing Monogatari, but I've got to wonder if you've even read the DanMachi LNs. Bell (or the narrator/whoever the POV character is at the moment) mentions Hestia's prodigious bosom about every other time she comes up, and there are several scenes where the "jiggling" ("giggling" is laughing) of her (and others') breasts is specifically mentioned. Her character design for the anime—ribbons and all—is taken right from the light novel illustrations. And that's only what I've gathered from the first two volumes. Anime may have a lot of fetishy content, but what do you expect? It's a visual medium. Any visual aspect of the original story is going to be more pronounced.
I've read it, thanks. Probably more than you, as well, since I'm up to date (but maybe you are too~).
A physical part of someone being mentioned isn't fanservice to me. IF she's big breasted then mentioning her bosom during a description of her is logical.
The ribons is from the illustrations, yes, but never ever get mentioned in the novels. We couldn't be further away from the buzz it made with the anime. YEs anime has a lot of fetishy content. I'm glad you admit it. And they choose to remove important scenes and explanations to add /keep them even though they were not necessary to the plot. Being a visual content doesn't mean that you need to have big breasts jiggling (thanks for the correction btw) in front of the camera so many times.
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 08:04   Link #3428
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
It actually makes more sense to make Sword Oratoria anime than DanMachi second season anime. Sword Oratoria also had boost in LN sales thanks to the DanMachi first season anime but it still hasn't sold as much as the main volumes. At this point making DanMachi second season anime won't make a lot of money but Sword Oratoria can.

Sword Oratoria anime should air during Summer or Fall season. Maybe second season will be announced next year.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 08:40   Link #3429
Sparteh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Could someone summarize romantic development in the volumes which were not adapted?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 09:24   Link #3430
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Could someone summarize romantic development in the volumes which were not adapted?
Spoiler for romance in volume 6-9:


I think that's it? Or did I forgot someone?
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 09:41   Link #3431
Sparteh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Spoiler for romance in volume 6-9:


I think that's it? Or did I forgot someone?
Thanks. That was much more than I expected. First volumes felt simply as characters loving brick walls... Good to find out that there is some sort of progress.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 09:43   Link #3432
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Saw it coming miles away.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 10:11   Link #3433
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
What about Ryu? Also who's Welf's target? (Not quite up do date sorry

And this might just be me but I think it's less "Ais have no romantic feeling toward Bell" and more "Ais is emotionally stunted so she doesn't understand love this no romantic feeling yet"
__________________
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 10:46   Link #3434
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
It's obvious who is.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 11:06   Link #3435
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
What about Ryu? Also who's Welf's target? (Not quite up do date sorry

And this might just be me but I think it's less "Ais have no romantic feeling toward Bell" and more "Ais is emotionally stunted so she doesn't understand love this no romantic feeling yet"
Ryu Afaik has no love target? From what I've seen, at least. No development about anything of the sort either- I think?
Welf has good taste so he's obviously goingafter the best goddess out there.
Spoiler for pic:

And for Ais, sorry but no. She understand the idea of being a couple. And she doesn't consider Bell as a potential partner at all. As I said, you can't hide anything from a god. If there was even a tiny bit of feeling toward him in Ais right now, she would have discerned it EVEN if Ais wasn't able to discern it herself.
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 18:30   Link #3436
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Ryu Afaik has no love target? From what I've seen, at least. No development about anything of the sort either- I think?
If I remember correctly she has SOME feelings for Bell but last I read she was exploring those feelings since she doesn't know what they are, hell even I don't know what they are. All we know is that she respects Bell, she doesn't feel repulsed when he touches her and wants to be around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
And for Ais, sorry but no. She understand the idea of being a couple. And she doesn't consider Bell as a potential partner at all. As I said, you can't hide anything from a god. If there was even a tiny bit of feeling toward him in Ais right now, she would have discerned it EVEN if Ais wasn't able to discern it herself.
This is why I started to dislike(dislike is a strong word but I don't hate her more like find her annoying) Ais, personally I'm not a fan these kind of autistic characters who are a blank slate. Especially when the entire point of them(most of the time) is that they're guarding their true feelings over that shell of autism. In the main series, sure, it's forgivable since she's not the stories focus and it makes her somewhat curious but then I read S.O. and was very disappointed in it I dropped it mid volume 2 or 3 which I've never done.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 02:08   Link #3437
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Ryu Afaik has no love target? From what I've seen, at least. No development about anything of the sort either- I think?
Welf has good taste so he's obviously goingafter the best goddess out there.
Spoiler for pic:

And for Ais, sorry but no. She understand the idea of being a couple. And she doesn't consider Bell as a potential partner at all. As I said, you can't hide anything from a god. If there was even a tiny bit of feeling toward him in Ais right now, she would have discerned it EVEN if Ais wasn't able to discern it herself.
WelfxHeph OTP

As for Ais, that's either bias from whatever ship you sail (BellxHestia by the sound of it) clouding your perceptions or her feelings have changed since the early volumes, since there is clearly some kind of love for Bell present in Ais even through the officially translated LNs and the SO manga. She may not recognize it for what it is, which might be fouling up Hestia's love radar (or Hestia may be fouling up her own love radar, which sounds like something she would do), and it may not be purely romantic, but it's there.

And Ryuu clearly has feelings for Bell. No way he flusters her like that just because she doesn't want to get in Syr's way. That wouldn't even come to mind if she didn't have feelings for him. There's also the whole letting him touch her thing.

Full disclosure: I ship harem ending, so far as I ship, which isn't much. Leaves you too dismissive of the clues the author gives that don't fit your wishes.
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 04:02   Link #3438
AceTrigger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
The results from the Main Couple poll is out and the short story of a date with Bell goes to...

AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 05:36   Link #3439
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Wow, I was persuaded it would be Ais, that's a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And Ryuu clearly has feelings for Bell. No way he flusters her like that just because she doesn't want to get in Syr's way. That wouldn't even come to mind if she didn't have feelings for him. There's also the whole letting him touch her thing.

Full disclosure: I ship harem ending, so far as I ship, which isn't much. Leaves you too dismissive of the clues the author gives that don't fit your wishes.
I don't see it like that. She's simply really trusting him, and opened to him. This may turn into a romance later,but just like Ais, it's not the case right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
This is why I started to dislike(dislike is a strong word but I don't hate her more like find her annoying) Ais, personally I'm not a fan these kind of autistic characters who are a blank slate. Especially when the entire point of them(most of the time) is that they're guarding their true feelings over that shell of autism. In the main series, sure, it's forgivable since she's not the stories focus and it makes her somewhat curious but then I read S.O. and was very disappointed in it I dropped it mid volume 2 or 3 which I've never done.
So just because the girl doesn't like the MC, she's autistic and you dislike her/find her annoying? Like what, since when a female character loved by the MC doesn't have any right to not like the MC and not see him as a potential partner?

She has good reason to not see him as a potential partner. Just like Finn is rejecting Tione for good reason, for Ais, Bell doesn't fit the requirement for being her partner. And those requirement are, just like Finn, linked to her goal, something she's been aiming at most of her life,putting her life on the line as soon as when she was 7 years old, for it.
It's not to Ais to change her opinion on Bell. It's up to Bell to change himself to fill the requirements. He's trying hard to fill them, so just give him the time for this one.

And BTW, Bell is not the only one trying to fit those requirements. Bete has been trying very hard seen a far longer time. And if we're only looking under the angle of "trying hard to be a proper partner for Ais", I would say that Bete currently deserves Ais more than Bell on that point.
__________________

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-03-08 at 05:46.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 05:53   Link #3440
RDNexus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 33
Zefyris, could you PM me about those goals of Ais & Finn? Curiosity's sake.
__________________
For those potentially interested, I've translated Chapter 01 of my original LN-style story, LEGACY SCIONS, from portuguese to english.

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, magic, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.