AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-06, 00:49   Link #321
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Every series needs an irritant and Kuchi sure fills that role admirably.

To the point where I want to hit him. Maybe Keiko will get a cameo somewhere?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-06, 01:03   Link #322
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Every series needs an irritant and Kuchi sure fills that role admirably.
Kuchi kind of reminds me of Jarjar. In other words, I don't understand why a lot of people hate him so much.

Does he give a bad impression of otaku or something? (as if there was none to begin with...) I usually just consider him as that strange dude at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 02:00   Link #323
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not getting the connection between that line in their relationship at all. Could you please elaborate a bit more on it... some context from volume 9 would be nice too (I don't mind spoiler).
Old 2007-12-06, 02:18   Link #324
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not getting the connection between that line in their relationship at all. Could you please elaborate a bit more on it... some context from volume 9 would be nice too (I don't mind spoiler).
Spoiler for volume 9:
Old 2007-12-06, 02:21   Link #325
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Ahh, I bet she got embarrassed.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 03:27   Link #326
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
To be honest, i don't find anything strange about Kousaka, well beside that he's got "superstar attractiveness" whatever that means.

And about Sasahara, don't think he's a "piece of work" , I just think that when you can't see anything positive about yourself you, and yeah he tends to hide away with his otaku stuff. not to mention an active sexual drive that's got...er....nowhere to go....

seriously, who doesn't hate to see characteristics that sometimes hit home when your trying to watch something to escape reality?

It makes the recovery all the bit sweeter, the only way is up!

Go sasahara!
Old 2007-12-06, 03:46   Link #327
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

that really puts a perspective on it kujoe, thanx

soon as he answered her question at the start I knew it was going to be a dream bit

this show just keeps trying to push the boundaries of how far they can go
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 10:05   Link #328
ZODDGUTS

Really really looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler for Next episode:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 12:16   Link #329
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Finally got around to watch the latest episode.

Not bad by any means. Though, at this point, it's kinda obvious that the focus of the show has changed from otakuness to character development; Nothing against that mind you, but it does makes me miss the days of the first season a bit.

I sure would have loved for Saki's dream to be the real thing, though.

Edit:

Btw, here's a little update on my trace.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-12-06 at 12:53.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 13:23   Link #330
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The saki part was funny.

We are going to screw like bunnies!

We will do it at least ten times!

You are going to do it ten time?

No, We are going to do it ten times!
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 15:06   Link #331
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Send a message via AIM to Rasengan2theface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Finally got around to watch the latest episode.

Not bad by any means. Though, at this point, it's kinda obvious that the focus of the show has changed from otakuness to character development; Nothing against that mind you, but it does makes me miss the days of the first season a bit.

I sure would have loved for Saki's dream to be the real thing, though.

Edit:

Btw, here's a little update on my trace.
OMG...I was getting ready to start that EXACT trace as soon as exams were over...I love you!1!12

do you have any tips or tutorials for traces? I'm finding the process to be REALLY slow?
Rasengan2theface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 16:03   Link #332
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan2theface View Post
OMG...I was getting ready to start that EXACT trace as soon as exams were over...I love you!1!12

do you have any tips or tutorials for traces? I'm finding the process to be REALLY slow?
Thanks for the comments!

I always take my sweet time with this, so I am probably one of the slowest tracers out there.

As for the tutorials... I'll send you one through PM a bit later.
Old 2007-12-06, 17:44   Link #333
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
The saki part was funny.

We are going to screw like bunnies!

We will do it at least ten times!

You are going to do it ten time?

No, We are going to do it ten times!
indeed...
Spoiler:

ohno can feel her pain...with her own otaku boyfriend but thankfully it isnt that much of an impact being otaku herself

but ohnoes! why did she sneak such a ref to ogiue haha XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:08   Link #334
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ohno can feel her pain...with her own otaku boyfriend but thankfully it isnt that much of an impact being otaku herself
It does when Tanaka is making another costume for another cosplayer! Oh, such betrayal..!
Old 2007-12-07, 00:40   Link #335
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I finally caught up to ep9 so I can read this thread now. I'm enjoying the show a lot, though the pacing seems pretty uneven. But that's coming from someone who loves romance and relationship anime, so as we get more of that, my interest increases.

Ogiue has become my favorite character, both for the romance and for her wonderful (negative) attitude. Great job by Mizuhashi Kaori with that tight voice. And Yukino Satsuki is just wonderful as Saki. She and Kawasumi Ayako make a great team here, as they did in Hitohira.

However, the less of Kuchiki the better. The whole character could just drop off the face of the Earth, as far as I am concerned. I don't find him funny at all. I never enjoy seeing people made uncomfortable. I realize I may be saying what a great job Ishida Akira is doing with the character, but it's wasted on me.

But I'm really looking forward to Gotou Yuuko and Kaida Yuki as American otaku. Gotuuza-sama spent 2-3 weeks in California after Anime Expo. I wonder if she was researching her voice for this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-07 at 01:22.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 04:44   Link #336
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah the saki part was funny, especially the kosaku reply.

"your going to do it ten times?"

LoL.

But yeah gonna be fun next episode, and yes i think the VA definitely did abit of research when she visited the USA, its natural! Lets just hope she too note of the GOOD bits of Western otaku's and not the other type.....
Old 2007-12-07, 07:58   Link #337
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was actually surprised when Ohno said she doesnt know why Saki just doesnt break up with kousaka. I know that Ohno can feel Saki's pain but being an Otaku her self its a little bit different for her. Im not worried about a break up or anything since I have seen no indication of anything like that from reading the spoilers in the manga (correct me if im wrong) Saki is completely stuck on Kousaka shes not going anywhere. But that 10 times comment was so damn funny im pretty sure it was more like rape with Saki doing all the work. I wonder whats going to happen once he starts working for the eroge company.

Sassahara wow what can i say i actually felt bad for the guy. I knew he had low self esteem but to actually talk that bad about your self in a job interview, its just terrible when someone does not see any redeeming qualites in themselves and Ougie's comment didnt make things any better. She of course has become my favorite character and i do hope they get together for their own sakes. Thats was a pretty vivid and sexual dream he had of Ougie but he likes her so its not that unusual.But god damn it Sassahara get it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and get Ougie we're all waiting.

Next episode good ol'fashion American Otaku I FREAKIN LOVE IT. Reace, gender, age nationaltiy means shit when your an Otaku.

Over all a great episode Im a little sad as i can see the ending in sight and im sure this will it no more Genshshiken once the series is over
Old 2007-12-07, 08:07   Link #338
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But I'm really looking forward to Gotou Yuuko and Kaida Yuki as American otaku. Gotuuza-sama spent 2-3 weeks in California after Anime Expo. I wonder if she was researching her voice for this show.
Spoiler for Episode 10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Reace, gender, age nationaltiy means shit when your an Otaku.
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2007-12-07, 08:09   Link #339
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
But those are favorite kind of people they make life worth living and keeping me from swallowing my tounge from everyday bordem I'm just going to be impatient for the next episode.
Old 2007-12-08, 12:25   Link #340
barefoot

i just complete the first season, ova and now going on the 2nd series. the 5th ep of the 2nd series is hilarious! have yet to watch the rest although, had a good laugh haha
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, comedy, romance, seinen, slice of life