AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-02, 15:28   Link #121
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I stand corrected, guess i haven't been paying much attention these last few days
Old 2010-10-02, 20:16   Link #122
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
This aired 4 days ago :

You even get to hear a bit of Lia's Kizunairo.
This anime clearly being underestimated...........

Anyway just a glimpse of the song but somehow I get the feeling that I'm going to totally love it

Last edited by Zexas; 2010-10-08 at 11:29.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 05:28   Link #123
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
This anime clearly being underestimated...........
Totaly agree with you.
Old 2010-10-03, 13:59   Link #124
Slayn

Just watched the trailer..... I really liked that they are using the game's soundtrack (a bit remixed though) for their bgm
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:33   Link #125
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I hope this is good - AugustSoft games->anime have been kind of letdowns for me in the past (Hanihani, Yoake Mae Yori Ruri-iro na) but the preview for this looks really good and what I've read of the story sounds like it could be interesting (although now I kind of wish I hadn't read spoilers elsewhere...)
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 00:54   Link #126
kyosak
poo

Haha... Ono Daisuke as Kouhei? Really? xD
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 11:28   Link #127
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
This aired 4 days ago :

You even get to hear a bit of Lia's Kizunairo.
Hey...looks pretty good.

Quote:
Hmmm, this is probably good reason for me to go back and play this game... I lost interest a while back playing that one girl's route (the childhood friend?).
Save the best for the last.....Play Kiriha's and Erika's routes last.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-10-08 at 02:24.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 11:28   Link #128
Zexas

LOL I might the only one waiting anxiously for this anime

I'm such a big fan of the game so I'm hoping at the very least a decent adaptation

Last edited by Zexas; 2010-10-08 at 11:42.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 13:28   Link #129
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for AUBxB 01 - Dance in the Vampire Boardinghouse:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 13:43   Link #130
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2010-10-08, 13:57   Link #131
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with most of what relentlessflame and Midonin wrote. I enjoyed the episode, even though it did seem a bit by-the-numbers. The characters have possibilities. And I did enjoy the bit of the manga I read. I'm one whom the connection with Da Capo attracts rather than repels, lol.

And I like hearing the game seiyuus (I'm guessing that's who many of the girls are) in an anime. Taguchi Hiroko is in two shows this season (Nabatame Hitomi's quiet younger sister here, and Sora in Yosuga no Sora). And I thought both Ono Daisuke and Suwabe Junichi gave the show some weight.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 15:00   Link #132
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Although the first Episode was definitely obvious in term of setup, I must say they certainly took the time to present the cast, despite they didn't waste any moment with this pace.
Glad to see they kept that dynamic between Iori and Seichirou (poor guy, forced to keep watch on the blond joker). I just hope they aren't going to allow too much screentime for kanade, considering how tiresome she was already...

Budget wise, it was quite impressive for your "usual eroge adaptation": it was very smooth and the design was nearly a carbon copy of the game, a practice that is really not generalized unfortunately.

Finally, considering they aren't trying to change the mood whatsoever, I'm expecting good things from this (can't wait for Kiriha's introduction :])

Edit: err, Kaoru Chujo, I have no idea which character you are talking about, but I'm certain Taguchi isn't part of FA cast, be it game or anime.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-10-08 at 15:31.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 15:11   Link #133
HandofFate

rather weak 1st episode, even if its just scene setting. None of the female cast interest me other than the main vampire girl.

its funny seeing her blood go crazy when close to the main character, but I read Chibi Vampire/Karin already, so this doesn't interest me enough to follow this one.

And the last scene showing the brother vampire sucking blood? yuck. at least have the sexy girl do it.
Old 2010-10-08, 15:16   Link #134
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am going to be agreeing with relentless as well - i wasn't quite as wow-ed by the episode as i was hoping i would be, but that probably does have something to do with my rather high expectations. Still, the pacing was definitely fast - not quite so much as to say rushed, but the episode certainly covered a lot of different events all over the place, enough to make them feel somewhat "flat". I guess they wanted to get the setup out of the way from the get go while ending the episode on that specific cliffhanger (totally expected it ), so they had to find a way to fit all of the mandatory events and character introductions up to that point.

That is not to say i didn't enjoy the episode, i certainly did, and the character introductions weren't half bad, but it feels like some feeling was lost in the pacing. Ah well, i am having decent hopes the pace will slow down now that the groundwork have been set, allowing for more emotion to seep through.

Haruna's and Kanade's dynamics are as amusing as always - you certainly wouldn't peg Kanade as the older one of the two, without being told it is the case. Haruna is certainly the more mature one in that pair.

The OP didn't seem like anything special to me, but i rather liked the style of the ED. The artwork for the series is mightily fine as well - i find both the scenery and the characters visually appealing, they have captured the character looks and the grandiose school (can you imagine what the fees to attend the place must look like) quite well. The series certainly is pretty to look at. One thing i did find a bit over the top though was the red aura surrounding Iori as he was busy sucking blood of the female in the chapel - do vampires normally start glowing red when doing so ? (Or maybe that wasn't meant to be taken literally).

All in all, while not quite as exciting as i would have hoped it to be, it was a decent watch regardless. It was one of the shows i was looking towards the most, and that hasn't really changed, though i do hope following episodes settle down some and allow for greater immersion while watching them.
Old 2010-10-08, 15:55   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Still, the pacing was definitely fast - not quite so much as to say rushed, but the episode certainly covered a lot of different events all over the place, enough to make them feel somewhat "flat". I guess they wanted to get the setup out of the way from the get go while ending the episode on that specific cliffhanger (totally expected it ), so they had to find a way to fit all of the mandatory events and character introductions up to that point.
Yeah, I made this comment elsewhere, but it reminds me of an "on-rail shooter" or something -- everything was so conveniently connected that it feels like the story itself is pushing you from one location to the next just so they can touch on all the major points they had to cover. There was literally no "breathing room" in the story at all; it just went from point A to point B to point C as efficiently as possible. Just consider the sequence from the cafeteria scene on as an example:

Spoiler for Episode 1:
I think that when they planned the episode, they must have used a map with waypoints. (It's good on the one hand that they're trying to be true to the game's events, but sometimes cutting a few things may not be so bad...)
Old 2010-10-08, 16:18   Link #136
wingman32x

I liked the opener. This is my first exposure to this series (No manga or game), and it gave off a favorable impression. The cast seems fun, the whole vampire angle is a nice twist on the genre, and I liked the art style. Sendo's reaction when Kouhei touched her hand was interesting to say the least. Her brother, Iori, seems like a pretty funny prankster type. Shiro is pretty cute, too. Kanade is probably my favorite character 1 episode in. I really like characters like her. Her sister, Haruna, has potential but she didn't do much this episode. The pace was pretty quick, but I didn't mind it. Overall a good episode. Good enough to make it a weekly follow.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 16:30   Link #137
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm not sure what the problem is with a setup episode for the opening episode. It's not like the game had some epic startup, you know. And I didn't get a rushed feeling either; I for one fully expected them to start touching on plot elements by the end of the first episode.

A nice 9/10 from me.
Old 2010-10-08, 18:15   Link #138
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Seems like I'll be watching this.

The OP song itself is probably the best of this season....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 18:39   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
...The OP song itself is probably the best of this season....
The brightness and strength of Lia's voice is amazing. The very different sound of Veil in the ED is good, too.

I discover that Veil is a group led by Lia, but with several women in and out of it. In this case, the voices are apparently misuzu and Aoi. misuzu is a new member of the group, Togashi Misuzu, the seiyuu who played Manatsu in Seitokai no Ichizon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 19:47   Link #140
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , 1st episode was so-so .

Was it Iori at the end with a random girl ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire