AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-07, 22:35   Link #141
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I don't fucking care at this point.

We got another episode of Kirino not doing a god damn thing and people bending over fucking backwards for her. She's still a giant bitch, everyone else is infinitely more interesting then her, and the show continues to fuck / troll with its demographic openly.

Congrats. I've gotten more emotional investment out of the fucking Rescue Rangers then this shit.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-12-08, 03:53   Link #142
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the content of the endings has been announced yet. But given that they're "Good" and "True" Endings, I think they'll both be routes for the same heroine (Kirino). Time will tell, of course.
Eh, what are you two talking about here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
Conversely, there was minimal character development in episode 10. In my mind, character development occurs when I character acts in one way, and then acts differently later in response to to some kind of trigger in the plot. Oreimo in general has been severely lacking in this department. The only real character development in this episode was the fact that Ayase now is willing to try to be friends with Kirino despite her anime/eroge obsessions. However, this is minimal development as Ayase still insists that she hates those things and beyond that it only involves a minor side-character rather than one of the main characters. We have not seen a lot of cases of events that change how the viewer feels about a character by changing how the character acts.

This isn't to say that what I describe as plot development is necessarily bad. I just find that if a character-driven show relies entirely on plot developments to define its characters rather than having those characters grow and change in their own right then the show feels quite hollow.
I think part of the reason why the character development in this show is so slow is because most of the characters are hard-headed and stubborn bunch. We get slow character development because rapid character development would actually be out of character for them.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:59   Link #143
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Eh, what are you two talking about here?
It has been confirmed that there will be two different endings for this series. The episode 12 that will be aired on TV is listed on the official website as the "good ending." However, an alternate episode 12 will be broadcasted online I believe, like Bakemonogatari, and the online broadcasts will go up to episode 15, which is listed as the "true ending."
Old 2010-12-08, 04:10   Link #144
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
It has been confirmed that there will be two different endings for this series. The episode 12 that will be aired on TV is listed on the official website as the "good ending." However, an alternate episode 12 will be broadcasted online I believe, like Bakemonogatari, and the online broadcasts will go up to episode 15, which is listed as the "true ending."
Heh... given that this is an ongoing series (second season possibilities) and that the anime team's adaptations choices haven't been the strong point of this series, I'm not sure what I feel about all that.

Old 2010-12-08, 05:51   Link #145
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Guys, have you spotted something that looks like 00Q in one scene?
Old 2010-12-08, 06:17   Link #146
Primary Consult

Perhaps episode 12 would have an opening for a potential second series, with the ep 15 one being a definitive end (perhaps along the lines of "finally! dere side!" from ep 9)?

As far as this episode, I definitely give it high marks. For this show the only thing I consider with rating it is "did I have fun watching it" and the answer was a resounding yes:
-The entire contest sequence was enjoyable
-Kuroneko revealing their meeting sans-kirino (slightly redeeming ep8 for me)
-Ayase's selfish, manipulative side
-Kirino geeking out

To everyone annoyed at Kirino continuously being tsuntsun, that's obviously the point. Continuing to complain reminds my of my friend who, upon realizing that Lost was a scifi-ish show and not a survival on an island show, continued to watch for a year complaining every episode about the scifi things that were happening. After the lampshade of episode 9 it's obvious that if you want a typical tsundere heroine, you will not find it here.

I have no expectations of the plot going in any particular direction, but trust that it will be somehow satisfying in the end(s).
If after the ending(s) it seems lacking, I'll downrate the series accordingly. You'd be surprised how much can fit into an episode, they can (and have in previous eps) sacrifice the op/ed for a potential extra 3 minutes, and they always get an extra 20 seconds compared to other shows by not having previews.
Old 2010-12-08, 09:52   Link #147
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post

To everyone annoyed at Kirino continuously being tsuntsun, that's obviously the point.
Let me raise a hypothetical analogy to you, that hopefully can get across where those of us who are a bit critical of Kirino are coming from.

Suppose you had an anime show that struck you as being something along the lines of Clannad. So you go into it expecting to see something along the lines of Clannad, with a female lead comparable to Nagisa or Ayu (Kanon).

However, the female lead that's set to end up with the male lead is presented as this absolutely perfect, flawless, constantly happy, and completely free from serious conflicts, teenage girl. She gets the best marks in school, is brilliant, always knows exactly what to say for any given situation, consistently goes out of her way to help out other people, comes from a rich family with absolutely awesome parents and two great siblings, is widely admired, is supremely athletic, is incredibly successful, and nothing even remotely bad ever happens to her. The male lead spends most of his time just admiring her and waxing poetic about how wonderful she is.

And that's about 75% of the show in a nutshell.

The other 25% is where you have your flawed supporting cast characters, who have real issues to deal with. These supporting cast characters tend to have excellent character designs, be very well-done, and be a real treat to watch.

So somebody says "Wow, this character is such a blatant and over-the-top Mary Sue. Why can't they give her some flaws of some sort, at least, to make her a bit more well-rounded and easier to relate to? I'm glad that the supporting cast is great, at least, because that's what I now watch this show for."

Somebody else responds "To everyone annoyed at Nanami being the perfect Mary Sue, that's obviously the point. Continuing to complain reminds me of my friend who, upon realizing that Batman has a moral compunction against killing, continues to read his comics for a year, complaining over him never choosing to kill the psychotic mass murderers he regularly encounters."

(And believe me, this is a regular point of discussion when it comes to Batman and Batman fans.)

Look, nobody is obligated to like, or support, a character concept, a character element, or a story premise. At the same time, you can like some elements of a show without liking other elements of it. It's just normal, really, for people to talk about what they like and what they don't like in a show, on a discussion forum like this one. Kirino fans should just accept that some people don't like her character, just like those Batman fans who agree with his decision to never kill the Joker, just accept that other folks thinks that Mr. Wayne is rather insane for not seeing to the demise of the Clown Prince of Crime ages ago.
Old 2010-12-08, 10:27   Link #148
klare

what an eps, especially the cosplaying part

in Ayase's eyes only have Kirino... she is willing to do anything or sacrifice anyone for her, i think she is also a genius in spotting talent

Kanako is interesting as well due to her on stage and off stage split character, her Meruru is totally Nanoha-style

i was expecting to see Saori in cosplay...
Old 2010-12-08, 11:55   Link #149
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
4) We know now that Ayase's "Gravure" modeling does not include risqué shots due to her extremely violent reaction *lol*
Some good points with the others, but this one is juat plain nonsense
If Ayase wouldn't be OK with doing risque shots, she wouldn't be doing gravure modeling in the first place.
The point isn't that she would be too prude for wearing skimpy clothing together with exciting poses. She does that for her gravure shooting. The point is (as I already wrote above) that it's quite a difference if you do it just for the photographer, or if you do it in front of a great crowd. Posssibly she might be even ok with doing it in front of a crowd, if the crowd consisted of people she liked. However, this here would be in front of a crowd of otaku which she detests, and there's no chance she would do it for them.
She has no scruples though tricking Kanakana-chan into doing it
Even though Kanakana-chan hates otaku just as much - or rather, pretends to. She wouldn't have been able to perform that great with as Meruru if she wasn't a secret fan of the series. She wouldn't have put on that Meruru costume in the first place, if she wouldn't have felt comfortable in it.
Old 2010-12-08, 13:36   Link #150
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Some good points with the others, but this one is juat plain nonsense
If Ayase wouldn't be OK with doing risque shots, she wouldn't be doing gravure modeling in the first place.
Himeji: Gravure modeling does not... I repeat... NOT automatically mean semi-nude shots. Normal modeling geared to beauty and artistic pictures is also "Gravure".

Quote:
The point isn't that she would be too prude for wearing skimpy clothing together with exciting poses. She does that for her gravure shooting.
No, she does not. All shots which we have seen from her (and those were several in multiple episodes) were fully clothed, geared for fashion magazines.

Rewatch the episode. She isn't averse to performing or acting, she was saying that she would never wear such lewd clothes which would make her look almost nude. It would be TOTALLY out of character if any lingerie shots of her would pop up. She has a strong aversion to what she considers "indecent". And that would be.
Old 2010-12-08, 14:30   Link #151
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Himeji: Gravure modeling does not... I repeat... NOT automatically mean semi-nude shots. Normal modeling geared to beauty and artistic pictures is also "Gravure".
Doesn't the term "Gravure" actually refer to the printing process used?

Old 2010-12-08, 19:35   Link #152
HandofFate

what did the note say that Kyosuke took out when he was about to meet with Kana for the first time?
Old 2010-12-08, 22:49   Link #153
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I am a little confused by the idea of two endings to this series, especially considering that this is based on LN's that are still ongoing.

All I know, is that the first ending, at episode 12 will have literally no closure. So basically I am going to be waiting for the true ending which is at episode 15.

Are they going to release these episodes like OVA episodes, or are they actually being broad casted? Or not enough information currently present?

It'll be a bit annoying if they go down the route Bakemonogatari did to finish off the series properly. I found it hard to get myself into the mood of the series due to length between released episodes.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:57   Link #154
drsypher

I'm pretty sure it was stated that they'd be broadcasted online and then later released on DVD/BD.

Also, about the endings, I personally think episode 12 will have a lame ending, but still with some form of closure, while episode 15 will follow the novel route and end at a certain point, which will leave it open enough to have a 2nd season. But I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.
Old 2010-12-08, 23:08   Link #155
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what did the note say that Kyosuke took out when he was about to meet with Kana for the first time?
It's a info of the ringtone present. (90sec version of ep10's ending song)

I don't think it's still provided but keyword is "かなかな" (Kanakana)
Old 2010-12-09, 00:05   Link #156
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Oh, and if Kirino was my sister and she slapped me the way she did Kyosuke in this episode she would have met the back of my hand before her face met the damn floor.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-12-09, 00:08   Link #157
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Oh, and if Kirino was my sister and she slapped me the way she did Kyosuke in this episode she would have met the back of my hand before her face met the damn floor.
But then she'd complain to the father and you'd get beaten up by a policeman .
Old 2010-12-09, 05:01   Link #158
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

I want the Stardust Witch MeruMeru song so bad, i'm wondering when the ost will come out.
Old 2010-12-09, 05:19   Link #159
Kagayaki

Jan 12
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=B10B00369
Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me! Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me!
Old 2010-12-09, 07:35   Link #160
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Jan 12
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=B10B00369
Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me! Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me!
Nice nice, thanks for the info.
Closed Thread