AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 10:00   Link #41
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea me too. I'm waiting for the translation to finish before playing this. I'm really interested in this VN from reading the review ^^
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 23:42   Link #42
Yoshiki
Rophel Ninja

Well, it turned out to be as enjoyable as any V/N could get, but seriously, this thing just drowns in it's plot holes. The worst was probably Kyousuke "transforming" into Maou while kanon's taking a shower. There had to be a better way to execute the Maou-kyousuke-kyouhei combination paradox.

Also what I disliked was kyousuke's uselessness beyond being the Yakuza's control tower for Haru. They should have given him a personality, and the scene where he finally gains vision was just way too funny to be dramatic.

And the last scene, I wished they'd shown Haru, it was very dramatic and tear jerking and all but I really, really wanted to actually see her.

If anyone's here to see if this game's of any worth to play, hurry up and get it, it definitely is. Just don't play through any of the sub-routes, there's some mixed thoughts on it but everyone agrees that it pales in comparison to the main plot, so you may as well just play that and use the time you could be playing the sub routes instead for playing a entirely different game.
Yoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 15:09   Link #43
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Merry Christmas!
Old 2010-12-25, 17:33   Link #44
Jze0
Hmmm...

Glad to hear the first patch is finally released. I've been waiting for this one for a while... now time to just sit back, install, and play.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:27   Link #45
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I managed to finish this nice little VN.

The protagonist wasn't as sweet as the one in Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo, but that's OK, he was still plenty good.

Spoiler for About Maou:

The scene at the end of Haru's route was also quite a tear jerker. Our main character obviously can't catch a break in life.

In the end though, Kanon's route/chapter for the most part was quite a bore to me, and Shiratori's chapter/route was very funny, but ended up making Kyousuke more like a background character than anything. So I would say the two best routes were Haru in first place, with Tsubaki following afterwards.

At the very least, I think he was happiest in the end of Tsubaki's route.

-----

Anyhow an interesting question for you all. Is Maou right in saying that their father did nothing wrong and didn't deserve to be locked up. Discuss .

Last edited by Reckoner; 2011-01-03 at 02:19.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 21:26   Link #46
ramengud

This definitely was one hell of a roller coaster ride. My only gripe with this was that the other routes weren't really that good. But it was all made up for by Haru's route. It was like the whole game was only about Haru and the that rest were just extras. Too bad there wasn't a Yuki route.

Well this VN has one of the most awesome endings I can remember. Basically the epilogue made this game one of my all time favorites.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 21:51   Link #47
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiki View Post
And the last scene, I wished they'd shown Haru, it was very dramatic and tear jerking and all but I really, really wanted to actually see her.
My sentiment is exactly the same. It's really a shame that Haru was not shown.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 08:11   Link #48
Wrath88
Kissing...

Time to slowly work on getting this.
Old 2011-01-03, 09:05   Link #49
alpha69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

At the very least, I think he was happiest in the end of Tsubaki's route.
Though I loved Haru's route more and that epilogue made me look up on how much of a man Kyousuke is while shedding manly tears, I do believe that Kyousuke had a better ending in Tsubaki's route... I mean...
Spoiler for End of tsubaki's route:

So yeah, I think Kyousuke had a better ending with Tsubaki.
Old 2011-01-03, 13:13   Link #50
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmmm, just got to chapter 3 (which I suppose is Kanon's possible route if I chose her because of the evidence of all this talk about sports, and how "Maou" will not target Kanon) I actually like this game, although its very straight-forward with the choices that make it a little simple on what effect they might have.

Before the Opening showed, I had a clear deduction that Kyousuke was "Maou" when he knew about Haru's proclaimed name "Hero" and the fact that she even went with Kyousuke in the (was it a bar or restaurant?) and then decided to use that place for his little chase game with her. But still... That is still up to debate on if this is true or not.

Mostly throughout this game so far, I was able to see the plot twists that this game provides, I don't know if these twists are very easy to spot, or that I'm just very observant, but reading through the text does make things more complicated when I 5% of the time don't have a clear hint out of the sky on what they are talking about. It does make deductions very simple when Haru is on the screen with her intelligence

So far, I'm loving this game and just hope to finish this.
Old 2011-01-03, 16:13   Link #51
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The plot twists you are talking about are not even "twists", as they were situations that didn't have the pretention of being twists.
The real stuff start with chapter 4 and the last one, although the "biggest twist" is quite debatable.
Old 2011-01-03, 16:20   Link #52
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The plot twists you are talking about are not even "twists", as they were situations that didn't have the pretention of being twists.
The real stuff start with chapter 4 and the last one, although the "biggest twist" is quite debatable.
That is true, due to the straight-forwardness that is currently going on, I don't really see them as a twist. Guess I have to go even further in order to get to where the plots actually make a real "twist"
Old 2011-01-03, 22:58   Link #53
minhgurluver
Visual Novels Reader

I just finish the game, but there's still one question.
Spoiler for Last scene:
minhgurluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 23:20   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgurluver View Post
I just finish the game, but there's still one question.
Spoiler for Last scene:
Spoiler:
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 08:34   Link #55
Nihokon

Now that I've finished the game, I have a question...
Spoiler for About Maou:
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 09:01   Link #56
alpha69

this is just my theory but maybe...
Spoiler for maou:
Old 2011-01-05, 04:46   Link #57
minhgurluver
Visual Novels Reader

this may be a bit off-track but has anyone listened to the 2 Drama CDs? The setting is during the huge time gap in the epilogue. I wonder if there is a third one because the second cd is not conclusive at all
minhgurluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 17:02   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgurluver View Post
this may be a bit off-track but has anyone listened to the 2 Drama CDs? The setting is during the huge time gap in the epilogue. I wonder if there is a third one because the second cd is not conclusive at all
I'm completely at lost from what you are saying
Old 2011-01-05, 23:22   Link #59
alpha69

perhaps he is talking about the
Spoiler for CHapter 5 ending:

that's probably what he meant by "huge time gap in the epilogue"
Old 2011-01-08, 01:50   Link #60
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This was an awesome game. A bit sad at the ending though, if only because
Spoiler for Ending:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote