AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 23:26   Link #201
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
So same as first season pretty much. Time to meditate in order to be able to handle all that rushing and editing. GVN. Chaos, if life is kind enough to you, after these three months, please translate volume 12. Thank You Kindly.
Any confirmation on OVA's being released unless ONA = OVA?
As long as my source keep running (and give me something to translate ) I will probably can finish each volume in a month, so don't worry
btw, anyone know anything about audio drama translation?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 00:32   Link #202
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
As long as my source keep running (and give me something to translate ) I will probably can finish each volume in a month, so don't worry
btw, anyone know anything about audio drama translation?
Kira fansubs will likely do it since they usually translate BDs and Oreimo is a mid tier popular series anyway.
Fun stuff happened today. I was searching up to see an example of an audio drama and the first one i end up seeing has a picture of an imouto with blood on her face and licking some blood. And a famous quote from the Index series came up in my head. It was "Such Misfortune".
Thank for the reassurance tho about the translations.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:43   Link #203
tarojiro

Sad news
Oreimo second seazon 13(tv)+3(ova)
it is impossible to push 7 novels into only 16 episodes.
tarojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 02:50   Link #204
GVN.Chaos

In previous season, I have seen they push Campione! volume 3 into 1 episode Nothing is impossible )
Old 2013-03-30, 04:40   Link #205
sky black swordman

^True, but by doing that they ruined the Campione! anime.
Old 2013-03-30, 07:08   Link #206
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarojiro View Post
Sad news
This point is covered previously:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Season 2 will be 16 episodes long. Episodes 1-13 will run on TV as usual with 14-16 aired in one sitting (likely streamed). Stories in the LN not covered in the anime will be packaged as audio dramas with the BD/DVDs.
Confirmed from ACE.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 08:02   Link #207
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
This point is covered previously:
I would also like to add that "likely streamed" would probably mean that they will be ONAs, not OVAs, like in the 1st season.

OVA = Original Video Animation
ONA = Original Net Animation
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 09:21   Link #208
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
I would also like to add that "likely streamed" would probably mean that they will be ONAs, not OVAs, like in the 1st season.

OVA = Original Video Animation
ONA = Original Net Animation
Does that mean we won't see an ova for this show then? Well, I have to go set my hype back to zero then.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:31   Link #209
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Does that mean we won't see an ova for this show then? Well, I have to go set my hype back to zero then.
What's the difference? 13 TV episodes and 3 extra episodes. Whether they're labelled "OVA" or "ONA" only describes the way they're first presented. These days, there are very few "OVA" episodes that aren't first streamed online or shown on TV in some form.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:41   Link #210
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
What's the difference? 13 TV episodes and 3 extra episodes. Whether they're labelled "OVA" or "ONA" only describes the way they're first presented. These days, there are very few "OVA" episodes that aren't first streamed online or shown on TV in some form.
There really is no difference. Only that an additional ova or more may reduce the inevitable rushing that I think will happen. Basically, I'm fearing what happened to Campione anime will happen to this season. It's irrational I know, but what can I say. I'd rather have a slow paced season by season anime, but the animation team plus others say otherwise even tho I understand their reasons. :/
Setting my hype to zero was for the rushing not for the lack of an ova(s). sorry about that.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:47   Link #211
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
There really is no difference. Only that and additional ova or more may reduce the inevitable rushing that I think will happen.
Well, as they said before, content not animated will be in audio dramas, so they don't necessarily need to try to cram absolutely everything into the 16 episodes anyway.

In the end, I'm sure they will "rush" some things, but it'll probably fine for the anime pacing established in the first season. Some things are just easier to explore in novels that would drag things out in animated form. In the end, it's a complement to the novels, but not a replacement for them.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:13   Link #212
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
The only difference is that ONAs are directly uploaded to the Internet, but their source/story is the same as OVAs.
They take the story that was represented up until now and add it's own story. However, the story shown is OVAs and ONAs usually does not effect any further TV episodes that get released. I highlight usually.

But of course, you probably already knew this.
I just quoted your post to answer a rhetorical question.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:13   Link #213
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Well, as they said before, content not animated will be in audio dramas, so they don't necessarily need to try to cram absolutely everything into the 16 episodes anyway.

In the end, I'm sure they will "rush" some things, but it'll probably fine for the anime pacing established in the first season. Some things are just easier to explore in novels that would drag things out in animated form. In the end, it's a complement to the novels, but not a replacement for them.
That's reassuring. Thanks for pointing that out. I need to go learn Japanese one of these days. :/
Old 2013-03-30, 10:20   Link #214
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Some things are just easier to explore in novels that would drag things out in animated form. In the end, it's a complement to the novels, but not a replacement for them.
Well, it is only natural.
Usually, the Authors include all of the story in the Light Novels they write, but only interesting, most attractive parts that would go well in business are later kept in Anime adaptations.
Only rarely we see that an Author comes up with a new idea once the Light Novel is already released and puts it into the Anime.
Also, it is not only his/her word for what goes into the Anime, but the director's of the Anime production, too.

Then again, it is really advised to read the Light Novels.
Not only because you usually get most of the story out of them, but they allow you to run your own imagination, which Animes don't. Animes force an already made-up action into you. That, as proven, does not raise your imagination level as reading does and does not allow you to actively think as much as reading does.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:34   Link #215
Mystic_Vegetto

So pretty much, they're doing what they did with Season 1 then. I have no problem with that, and having the stuff they decide to cut made into Drama CD's I have no issue with either. Just gives me a reason to buy the Series on a Bluray.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 05:12   Link #216
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Just gives me a reason to buy the Series on a Bluray.
I'd say DVD Commentary the previous commentary on ss1 is damn funny
Old 2013-03-31, 18:09   Link #217
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarojiro View Post
Sad news
That kinda sucks. Since Railgun was getting a full blown season, I was hoping this one would as well. That would have made my spring and summer season more exciting.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 19:34   Link #218
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
I'd say DVD Commentary the previous commentary on ss1 is damn funny
Yeah, those were awesome too. Hopefully they'll do commentary for Season 2 also.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 08:52   Link #219
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
2nd Oreimo season to have 16 Episodes!

Those glorious people at Aniplex confirmed on Saturday that Oreimo will be getting not 12, not 13, but 16 episodes this Spring! The first 13 will air normally and the last three will be released all at once, most likely online since that is what they did with the alternate ending to season 1

Source: Anime News Network
Source : OrenoImo ss2 facebook. Today is 1/4, take it whatever you like it
Old 2013-04-01, 10:27   Link #220
finalfury
Incognito

looks at railgun s, sees 24episodes
even if its kamachi and jc staff, i ain't impressed aniplex.
but thanks for giving us a 16 episode season. its better than 12