AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-17, 06:20   Link #17101
tuckersister

You have to agree that Reine IS technically Shido's mom even if it's not by blood. She totally acts the part obviously. Besides mother's love dominates the rest of the spirits' love since she gave Shido all her love into giving birth to him. Shido will probably reference that in the next volume.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 06:25   Link #17102
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
You have to agree that Reine IS technically Shido's mom even if it's not by blood. She totally acts the part obviously. Besides mother's love dominates the rest of the spirits' love since she gave Shido all her love into giving birth to him. Shido will probably reference that in the next volume.
The narrative paints her as both is the point I (and presumably Cyberdemon) are trying to make. She isn't just 'his mother' or 'his lover', but both.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 08:09   Link #17103
TobiBadass6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The narrative paints her as both is the point I (and presumably Cyberdemon) are trying to make. She isn't just 'his mother' or 'his lover', but both.
Just to make sure, they're not biologically related at all right? and she didn't literally go through all nine months to give birth to him? Also what's with the ring she wears?
TobiBadass6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 08:47   Link #17104
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiBadass6969 View Post
Just to make sure, they're not biologically related at all right? and she didn't literally go through all nine months to give birth to him? Also what's with the ring she wears?
1- no they not related
2- u can't really tell , he died 30 years aggo , took her around 15 years to give birth to him .
3 - ring ? it's just an accessory there's nothing about it , unless we get more info from vol 17.

P.S. so we know that even after shidou saved origami parents they still died a year later ?? then is this means even if shido never met Mio in the 1st place he will still die ?

Last edited by Mizo; 2017-09-19 at 09:03.
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 10:50   Link #17105
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
No, no genes were involved.
But yes, she gave birth to him physically, from what we know. Don't know how long the gestation period was though, as the original Shidou died thirty years ago, but the current one was born sixteen-years-ago...so he obviously wasn't born nine months after he died, otherwise he'd be twenty-nine.
We don't know why there was such a long break, but its probably something to do with purifying the Sephirah.

As for the ring, its likely a gift from the original Shido.
Old 2017-09-19, 11:48   Link #17106
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I wonder what will Shidou do now... F**k his lover/mother??
Old 2017-09-19, 14:27   Link #17107
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I wonder what will Shidou do now... F**k his lover/mother??
hmm , she said he was her lover so they already did * that * if i not wrong
Old 2017-09-19, 16:33   Link #17108
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
hmm , she said he was her lover so they already did * that * if i not wrong
Lover can just mean boyfriend/girlfriend, you know.
Old 2017-09-19, 20:01   Link #17109
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This reminds me of DC2 when the main character realises the secret of Sakura.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 21:31   Link #17110
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This reminds me of DC2 when the main character realises the secret of Sakura.
Sakura was never a heroine he could get with though. Mio meanwhile has become a goal after what Shidou told Kurumi
Old 2017-09-20, 17:40   Link #17111
TobiBadass6969

Question, is it me or going from the pics Elliot's the only one who looks his age?
Old 2017-09-20, 17:41   Link #17112
cyberdemon

Quote:
Question, is it me or going from the pics Elliot's the only one who looks his age?
not anymore lol

Woodman, Westcott, Ellen, and Karen are wizards from a hidden village. As seen from the spirits, having magic allows for aging to be stopped. This likely applies to mages like them as well. Mana is an artificial mage. So her aging was stopped years ago at the expense of her life span. Shidou was reborn so had to grow up all over again.
Old 2017-09-21, 01:14   Link #17113
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Woodman, Westcott, Ellen, and Karen are wizards from a hidden village. As seen from the spirits, having magic allows for aging to be stopped. This likely applies to mages like them as well.
They definitely did it through magic before Mio was born, but IIRC, I think when Kurumi got the info about Mio from Nia, something mentioned they use realizers to do this.

Vol 17 does justify why they'd have to switch from magic to realizers though, its the fact its mentioned that they used "all" of the world's magic to create Mio, which is likely why Westcott made DEM Industries.

I think Maryoku even translates to "Magical power," further implying the realizers can generate artificial magic, and that all of the world's natural magic is stuck inside the Spirits.
Old 2017-09-22, 06:17   Link #17114
TobiBadass6969

You know with those "Realizers" I really gotta wonder what's the exact difference between the Artificial Magic and the Natural Magic.

Is one more powerful than the other? Most of the AST look to me to depend on Magitek

Also, for a guy who's made probably billions I honestly gotta think that Westcott should have unintentionally revolutionized the setting by virtue of making "magic" possible and probably sellable outside of militaries even
Old 2017-09-22, 09:04   Link #17115
cyberdemon

Quote:
You know with those "Realizers" I really gotta wonder what's the exact difference between the Artificial Magic and the Natural Magic.

Is one more powerful than the other? Most of the AST look to me to depend on Magitek

Also, for a guy who's made probably billions I honestly gotta think that Westcott should have unintentionally revolutionized the setting by virtue of making "magic" possible and probably sellable outside of militaries even
The difference is that there is no natural magic left in the world. They used every last bit of it to create Mio. The Realizer allows them to generate artificial magic in its place.
Old 2017-09-22, 14:15   Link #17116
Mizo

Quote:
The difference is that there is no natural magic left in the world. They used every last bit of it to create Mio. The Realizer allows them to generate artificial magic in its place.
then how did they survive the spacequack of 30 years ago ? spoilers said that they used barriers but how come they can if there's no magic left ?
Old 2017-09-22, 14:18   Link #17117
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Yeah, although they haven't mentioned if they can still use spells, the closest thing to that is Ellen mentioning she has an ability similar to Artemisia's trick that ripped the Beelzebub Crystal out of Nia.

Speaking of which, could Artemisia's unique territory be the result of possible wizard heritage? It wouldn't surprise me if some wizards avoided the massacre by simply not being there when it happened.

Plus, it helps Westcott's plans for a mage only world, because having only himself, Elliot, Ellen and Karen... why even make that plan if his world's population is only 4 people?

Quote:
then how did they survive the spacequack of 30 years ago ? spoilers said that they used barriers but how come they can if there's no magic left ?
Considering that this quake was giving birth to Mio, they likely used it as the quake was creating her. Perhaps the magic expanded, then retracted to compress itself into Mio's body. That, or they used the Spacequake itself to power it.

Then again, maybe they also had realizers aid them that had some natural magic stored for this one instance, after which they used it all up.

Last edited by Anime-Oppai-Lover; 2017-09-22 at 19:42.
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 15:42   Link #17118
cyberdemon

Quote:
perhaps they had a realizer or some prototype of it back them as a backup plan incase they needed to use magic themselves.
Old 2017-09-24, 19:31   Link #17119
TobiBadass6969

Here's my WMG of DAL's ending.

All the Spirits and Shidou will lose their powers, they'll all live as normal humans from then on
Old 2017-09-24, 23:09   Link #17120
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Here's my WMG of DAL's ending.

All the Spirits and Shidou will lose their powers, they'll all live as normal humans from then on
That's one likely ending, though the one hard part to explain in that is how would that fit for Mio? Will she be the only Spirit left, or will some kind of Deus Ex Machina transform her into a human so she doesn't outlive the others?

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy