AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-15, 01:01   Link #3121
Destined_Fate

Beating? Well, they had Kuroko beat up pretty bad before so I don't think it's that dark yet. Though it was still pretty dark with the sisters arc. Besides, Kongou getting beaten isn't really "Oh my goodness!" type of thing. Now if the 4 main girls were beaten to an inch of their lives than that would be shocking.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:07   Link #3122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As I've recalled, all four of them got beaten up at least once already- Kuroko got it the most though.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:18   Link #3123
Destined_Fate

I mean severely and at around the same time. Only Kuroko has really suffered temendous physical damage compared to the others while Mikoto has the worst case of mind rape that she eventually got over.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:27   Link #3124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I mean severely and at around the same time. Only Kuroko has really suffered temendous physical damage compared to the others while Mikoto has the worst case of mind rape that she eventually got over.
Mikoto was almost choked to death by Telestina after getting beat up by explosives.

Uiharu got stomped on repeatedly and almost had her head crushed.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:25   Link #3125
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Besides, Kongou getting beaten isn't really "Oh my goodness!" type of thing.
Hoy, when someone you don't care about is beaten it's normal you won't feel nothing notable about it, but Kongo's got more fans recently. It certainly isn't that unexpected but I think it still hurts somewhere in my some people's heart. If you really look at it, it certainly had more impact by itself on its execution than Uiharu being stomped by Fridge-kun or Kuroko's cases who were done by more likeable characters and/or in a less detestable way and/or followed by a hero stealing the spotlight.
Oh yeah I got it, Accel sneaked out during daihaseisai and decided to scare Baba to death on the whim ... yes he has to.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:42   Link #3126
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, what chapters?
I don't recall seeing that during her raid against the experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Erm, this one?

They'll be the chapters before Mikoto faces ITEM

Chapter 34, before she faces touma on the bridge
I told you before the both of you even asked
Old 2012-07-16, 00:26   Link #3127
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Hoy, when someone you don't care about is beaten it's normal you won't feel nothing notable about it, but Kongo's got more fans recently. It certainly isn't that unexpected but I think it still hurts somewhere in my some people's heart. If you really look at it, it certainly had more impact by itself on its execution than Uiharu being stomped by Fridge-kun or Kuroko's cases who were done by more likeable characters and/or in a less detestable way and/or followed by a hero stealing the spotlight.
Oh yeah I got it, Accel sneaked out during daihaseisai and decided to scare Baba to death on the whim ... yes he has to.
It isn't about careing, she isn't one of the 4 main girls so her being beaten isn't going to have the same effect as any of the other girls. For example, more people are going to be angry if Mikoto is beaten than any of the other girls. That doesn't mean the other girls being beaten is okay, it's just that more people are invested in Mikoto than the other girls so naturally the impact will be much larger when she's involved.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:12   Link #3128
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ then again you're avoiding the main topic, I never mentioned Miko-chin anywhere in my post. There's a reason why I avoided mentioning Saten as well. Because they are popular and people are more concerned about what happens to them.
See, did you felt anything special when Kuroko or Uiharu got beaten up? Did anyone ever made a fuss about it? I don't think so. Even if they are the main charas, those kind of things also depend of how much the viewers like them. If they don't like the main characters, then they won't care less about what happened to them. Do you think anyone would care if Hamazura (a main character) were to die? Of course not ... but if Acqua (which is just a support character mind you) were to bite the dust, what do you think would happen? Which one do you think would have the greatest effect.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:48   Link #3129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, looking back to the Railgun Anime episode 23, hardly anybody made a noise about Mikoto getting curbed stomped by Telestina, an Anime Original Character. Usually those are the type that would incur wraith...

I'm more convinced that the fans of Raildex are already used to seeing their characters get beat up all the time.
Old 2012-07-16, 05:32   Link #3130
tsunade666

Quote:
It isn't about careing, she isn't one of the 4 main girls so her being beaten isn't going to have the same effect as any of the other girls. For example, more people are going to be angry if Mikoto is beaten than any of the other girls. That doesn't mean the other girls being beaten is okay, it's just that more people are invested in Mikoto than the other girls so naturally the impact will be much larger when she's involved.
Your missing the point here again. The reason why Kongou being beaten up has higher reaction than to the other getting beaten up because
first the fans are used to it then
second Kongou is being develop into a good character. She is being centered or shown in the last few chapters. It means she has the center stage. Just like how the 2 tokiwadai girls also shown up to help her. Those 2 are also being shown as the center of attention and no the other main 4 girls your mentioning. Right now they aren't the topic. Though if the center of attention gets beaten up then it would stir a reaction to the audience.
Old 2012-07-16, 06:04   Link #3131
Destined_Fate

Not much to get worked up over, Mikoto recovered just fine and kicked tons of ass in the final episodes. Not like they outright had her tortured, she just got a little roughed up and it isn't anywhere near as bad as what she went through in the Sisters Arc. Nor do I believe their intention was to try and one up themselves in what she had went through during the Sisters Arc anyway.

Eh, her getting beaten doesn't have the impact as Mikoto or the other girls being beaten. Obviously she has more of an impact than a random girl but nowhere near that as Mikoto would have given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ then again you're avoiding the main topic, I never mentioned Miko-chin anywhere in my post. There's a reason why I avoided mentioning Saten as well. Because they are popular and people are more concerned about what happens to them.
See, did you felt anything special when Kuroko or Uiharu got beaten up? Did anyone ever made a fuss about it? I don't think so. Even if they are the main charas, those kind of things also depend of how much the viewers like them. If they don't like the main characters, then they won't care less about what happened to them. Do you think anyone would care if Hamazura (a main character) were to die? Of course not ... but if Acqua (which is just a support character mind you) were to bite the dust, what do you think would happen? Which one do you think would have the greatest effect.
Obviously the popular one that is relevant to the series of course. Characters die off in series all the time, those that don't contribute enough but had a fan following will be missed but things will go on. If the main girls died Railgun would be in trouble while if any of the other girls died people woud be sad and eventually move on with their popularity deciding how long people are angry and sad over it. Not to mention that a main character like Uiharu dying would not only effect the fanbase but the Railgun characters for some time while someone that's "popular" with the fans but irrelevant to the greater workings of the series wont have anywhere near as much of an effect.

Like Gin of Bleach. Ridiculously popular and a huge fan backing that was important to the plot. We all know how well the fanbase took what happened there. It wasn't pretty. While somewhat popular side characters like the Aeromancers(Or however you spell it) ended up suffering a similiar fate. People cared but it was nowhere near as much as they cared for Gin. Not to mention that as far as the series characters went they just got over it will Gin is still being felt in the Manga and by fans.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:50   Link #3132
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Eh, her getting beaten doesn't have the impact as Mikoto or the other girls being beaten.
You still dare say Kuroko being stomped by Awaki is more shocking than that? Ok read the post bellow I have a few questions for you ...

Quote:
Not to mention that a main character like Uiharu dying would not only effect the fanbase
You sure about that? When Uiharu got stomped by kakine it was like "wuah Kakine dislodged her shoulders!" "Accel is so cool!", Kuroko gets beaten up here and there: "oh she's pretty resilient". I don't think the fanbase would care that much if they died ... unless they died in an epic way that is.

Quote:
but the Railgun characters for some time
Misuzu-san mom is just a side chara ... do you think it won't affect Miko-chin for the rest of her life if she were to die on her? And do you think someone who's eager to help her in exchange of nothing dying on her wouldn't affect her for the rest of her life when she's traumatized with the death of a single clone she just met?

Quote:
while someone that's "popular" with the fans but irrelevant to the greater workings of the series wont have anywhere near as much of an effect.
Are you sure about that?
Spoiler for huge spoil for amazing series:

I have another more concrete example, do you think Miko-chin was more pissed off when Kuroko was beaten up or when Kongo did?

Quote:
Like Gin of Bleach. Ridiculously popular and a huge fan backing that was important to the plot. We all know how well the fanbase took what happened there. It wasn't pretty. While somewhat popular side characters like the Aeromancers(Or however you spell it) ended up suffering a similiar fate. People cared but it was nowhere near as much as they cared for Gin. Not to mention that as far as the series characters went they just got over it will Gin is still being felt in the Manga and by fans.
Since when was Gin that important to Bleach's plot, he's either a main protagonist nor a main antagonist. Hoy, are you quite aware that this backs up my point? Or do you think Gin has anything much to do with bleach's plot, do you really think he's a main character as those 4 girls are for railgun, didn't do anything much really notable or that plot affecting and his death isn't really that "plot affecting either", are you actually aware Gin has as much screentime a and importance as Rangiku, yet no one really cares about what would happen to big jugs.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:53   Link #3133
Sumeragi
Banned

Exactly what are we arguing about?
Old 2012-07-16, 10:55   Link #3134
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ heh ... TWI said something about Kongo's beating made the arc a little darker or something like that, and some people refute that
Old 2012-07-16, 10:57   Link #3135
Sumeragi
Banned

It's my belief that compared to other characters, Kongou is more civilian-like, which is probably why her beating is a bit more "darker". It's not really an issue of how much support a character has, it's the inherent characteristic of the character that is a great influence.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:07   Link #3136
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ so much win in such a short phrase, too bad I can't reward you yet
Old 2012-07-16, 11:58   Link #3137
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku
You sure about that? When Uiharu got stomped by kakine it was like "wuah Kakine dislodged her shoulders!" "Accel is so cool!", Kuroko gets beaten up here and there: "oh she's pretty resilient". I don't think the fanbase would care that much if they died ... unless they died in an epic way that is.
When Uiharu got beaten up, people called Kakine "hero" .
Old 2012-07-16, 15:33   Link #3138
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
When Uiharu got beaten up, people called Kakine "hero" .
He is the hero we deserve, but not the one we need.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:35   Link #3139
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
He is the hero we deserve, but not the one we need.
oohhh you..... YEAH i see what you did there !
Old 2012-07-24, 23:36   Link #3140
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Here are the spoiler pictures for the new chapter.

Spoiler for 52:

Spoiler for Translation:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen