Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-09, 21:10   Link #121
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think Yamada may have found herself a new best friend. Sorry, Chi...
Chii and Hanazawa actually go way back... there was a "missing link" oneshot that Norio did between Mitsudomoe and Bokuyaba introducing both of them in elementary school. Nothing came of it other than Chii being Chii and Hanazawa having a thing for deep sea creatures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
but it doesn't neglect the romance, that letter was too much.
I wasn't sure how that would end up being adapted but Yomiya Hina is absolutely killing it. I saw she won a best newcomer at the seiyuu awards too.
Old 2024-03-09, 21:21   Link #122
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode was hilarious. Good stuff. These two are doing a terrible job of keeping up any pretense that they aren't heavily into each other. Which just makes it all the more fun.

Hanzawa is a treat. Love how rattled she got in the library. And really put in effort to help out in her own way afterwards. A good addition to the cast.

I do like that the teacher really helped out with the class thing. Totally rigged some things to help . Well helping the main character. The other guys got pretty screwed by getting split up from actual and potential love interests .
Old 2024-03-09, 21:33   Link #123
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Superb episode, and maybe the best romcom ever. But what was clearer in the manga is that Ichi was really scolding Maeda hard for that little prank he pulled on Bayashiko. And Maeda-sensei was actually happy that Ichi has become assertive enough to scold a teacher.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 14:34   Link #124
EroKing

Old 2024-03-10, 18:28   Link #125
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
This works way better than it has any right too .
Old 2024-03-16, 14:02   Link #126
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Adachi's mom has got it going on. There was quite a bit anime original in this episode but overall it worked nicely. Final two episodes should be interesting...
Old 2024-03-16, 14:07   Link #127
Frontier

It's time for Sports Day! And their sensei REALLY wants to win and lord it over the other teachers so...try your best !

I love Yamada standing up for her man! Even when someone else actually compliments him !

I respect Adachi's desire for a bikini-clad cavalry battle, but what's most important is the feelings going on between him and Ichikawa and their respective feelings for Yamada...and Adachi, putting two and two together, knows he has to face Ichikawa head-on in the cavalry battle !

If it's not Shojo Jun Fukuyama, it's Yamada talking to her dog, but at least it offered the two a perfect opportunity to run together back to her apartment for a "quickie." And by "quickie" I mean Yamada using an ab roller with all the right angles. And that's before her dog grazes her boob .

Adachi totally nailed that speech! Still made it more sensual than it needed to be, but what would you expect ?

Hanzawa is basically Yamada if she was good with her hands, but still as much of a dork !

Kankan was not too subtle about slipping in the "grab a couple (or not yet a couple" for the scavenger hunt...but it was worth it just to watch Yamada's dad princess carry his wife to the finish line even if it got them disqualified and Kankan in hot water with their teacher. But it's the thought that counts !

Rain isn't enough to put off this battle of men and their feelings and Ichikawa and Adachi engage in their cavalry battle! Adachi can't compare to the depth of Ichikawa's feelings for Yamada, but Ichikawa wants Adachi to admit to his sincere feelings as well! And they both yell their feelings for Yamada! But even if Adachi wins the cavalry battle, he lost Yamada's heart...because only one of them has her writing his name on his forehead .

Adachi mama! And she's a licensed nurse !

Adachi may have struck out with Yamada, but he actually got to share a moment with Moe...even if he immediately went to flirting with Kana, to no success (but that just turns him on more) .

Wingwoman Kana giving the lovebirds some time alone! And Ichikawa gets to enjoy a homemade Yamada lunch and get to hear her console him after his defeat and talk about how cool he is! This Sports Day was worth it !
Old 2024-03-16, 19:28   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Honestly, I think Ichikawa was completely right about Adachi. He only likes Yamada for superficial reasons, and when another girl gives him attention, he quickly forgets about her. Shit, he even checked out Kanna at the end. At the end of the day, he's just a very horny teenage boy. Which is fine, but he's confusing lust with love. Feels like the author may try to ship him with Moeko.

Seeing edgy/chuuni Ichikawa again was funny, especially with present Ichikawa now being able to notice how cringe he was acting. So that was the real start for those two, huh?
Old 2024-03-16, 20:01   Link #129
Frontier

Also was that delinquent guy frikkin' Yuki Kaji (sorry Enzo) ?
Old 2024-03-16, 20:30   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can take him in that dose, as a goof.

Also, Sensei's tracksuit a Toriyama tribute.
Old 2024-03-16, 22:04   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a mixed bag of a situation. Ichikawa is totally right of course. Adachi's feelings are just superficial. While he likes Yamada, he also likes any cute girl that crosses his path. While I feel a bit for Moeko that they seem to be setting up that ship, maybe it is the kind of thing that will actually help Adachi mature as a person. If he can fall in love for real he can distinguish what is lust and what isn't.

Though I do appreciate that there is a solid bond of friendship between Adachi and Ichikawa. Enough of one that Ichikawa won't let Adachi just keep on being superficial. He faced him head on and legitimately. And in the end he won the fight that mattered before the episode ever started.

The flashback at least showed that Ichikawa was as cringe and superficial as Adachi has been. Just in his own way. He looked down at Yamada and acted smugly superior in his mind without understanding her at all. So in that sense he is in the right position to strike down Adachi. Because he knows it's possible to grow, change, and be better.
Old 2024-03-16, 22:47   Link #132
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ichi lost the battle but won the war.

Adachi takes way too much abuse. He's a normal (Ichi is exceptional) middle school boy, that's really his only crime. He has no tact and no filter but he's fundamentally a good kid. And he deserves some credit for being among the first people to realize that Kyou was "a great guy".
Old 2024-03-16, 23:43   Link #133
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can take him in that dose, as a goof.

Also, Sensei's tracksuit a Toriyama tribute.
That was like his old typecast. I'm just amazed I didn't realize it was him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ichi lost the battle but won the war.

Adachi takes way too much abuse. He's a normal (Ichi is exceptional) middle school boy, that's really his only crime. He has no tact and no filter but he's fundamentally a good kid. And he deserves some credit for being among the first people to realize that Kyou was "a great guy".
He's a sincere and earnest guy. Super horny, but sincere .
Old 2024-03-17, 07:47   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Still can't believe he included "mokkori" in his speech
Old 2024-03-17, 10:50   Link #135
Frontier

Quote:
Still can't believe he included "mokkori" in his speech
Adachi gotta stay Adachi .
Old 2024-03-23, 14:09   Link #136
Frontier

It's time for Summer Uniforms! Which means Summer Snacking for Yamada and even a new skirt! But what a pair these two make with Ichikawa holding onto Yamada's skirt and Ichikawa half-undressed !

Time for the Kyoto-Nara trip! There's no more classic romcom staple than the class trip, and sorry Teppei Yamada, but Ichikawa wants to spend as much time as possible with HIS Yamada !

Well, it's nice to imagine that you'll get a school trip kiss, but more than that Ichikawa has a lot of anxiety about class trips from past experience...and Yamada knows that, yet Ichikawa can't help but still be excited about it .

Of course Yamada eats all their snacks before they're even on the train .

Hanzawa may speak her inner thoughts out too much, but good on her for warning Ichikawa that Kankan is planning a flash mob confession while they're on the trip! Even though Yamada IS still waiting for a confession !

Ah yes, of course we have to get the moment where the deer are swarming everybody. Poor Yamada went back to help Ichikawa and got abandoned .

Chi is Yamada's best friend, she knows when something is up with her just like Ichikawa, but who is going to be the one to talk with her about it ?

I love how Adachi walks into a scene and immediately mentions how he got kicked out of the girls' bath and how he wants to measure each others' dicks like girls fondle their boobs. And he, Kanzaki, and Ichikawa have surprisingly large magnums .

Speaking of large, Yamada's boobs! It's such a sight the other girls don't think they can stare for free, and Chi starts charging for the view .

Wow, saved by Adachi and his dick jokes .

It's nice to imagine that Yamada wants to kiss you, but eventually Ichikawa puts it together after seeing all the sign and overhearing her act out the confession scene from Kimi-Iro Octave...Yamada might be giving up an audition for a drama adaption of her favorite manga just to be with Ichikawa on this trip !

Ichikawa isn't about to let Yamada give up on her career for him, so he immediately races to be with her...and ends up stuck in the girls' room, the holy nirvana for all men. I'm sure they'll have their long-awaited talk here! Among other things .
Old 2024-03-23, 14:21   Link #137
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Adachi saves the day with the dick battle recap!

The anime reordered a few things so I'm not sure what to say for the episode overall, I'll wait until next week to see how everything shakes out.
Old 2024-03-23, 19:33   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm assuming Yamada was asked to pick her favorite scene to perform at the audition, because if they're actually planning on covering material from volume freaking 12, they're going to butcher her favorite manga. But this is not Oshi no Ko nor real life so everything is probably going to turn out fine for this adaptation. It's possible she won't get the role, but as long as she gets to audition, she'll have no regrets. It's clearly very important to her, and she and Ichikawa have all the time in the world to make memories. They're not even enjoying themselves on this trip anyway, since Yamada is too preoccupied by this and Ichikawa is too busy worrying about Kankan catching them.
Old 2024-03-26, 13:50   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
I'm assuming Yamada was asked to pick her favorite scene to perform at the audition, because if they're actually planning on covering material from volume freaking 12, they're going to butcher her favorite manga. But this is not Oshi no Ko nor real life so everything is probably going to turn out fine for this adaptation. It's possible she won't get the role, but as long as she gets to audition, she'll have no regrets. It's clearly very important to her, and she and Ichikawa have all the time in the world to make memories. They're not even enjoying themselves on this trip anyway, since Yamada is too preoccupied by this and Ichikawa is too busy worrying about Kankan catching them.
To be honest just from her practice performance and how much she looks like the Heroine, I'd say she's a shoo-in for the role .
Old 2024-03-30, 13:32   Link #140
Frontier

Is God testing you Ichikawa or rewarding you by letting you sleep right next to Yamada in a den of girls? Though of course the topic immediately turns to Girl Talk and which boy Yamada likes...as he's sleeping right next to her .

Of course Yamada wants to be confessed to...but sometimes things just progress naturally. Even into S*x! Appropriately timed with Ichikawa and Yamada sleeping right next to each other. Why, Yamada was positively about to kiss Ichikawa before he killed the moment by wanting to talk to her !

Wow, saved by Kanzaki being an idiot! What, was he trying to slip into Hara's room or something? I guess good things come out of being a freak, at least for your buddy .

Yamada cannot get enough of that fox mask! All the better for hiding how, despite wanting to have fun on the school trip and be with Ichikawa, she still wants to make it to the audition. And Ichikawa cares about her too much not to push her to go .

Because Ichikawa has come so far, from gaining friends, enjoying school, and changing his entire perspective on everything...he's not the boy from the 1st episode and he can be that person without Yamada...but he wouldn't be that person WITHOUT Yamada, which is why he likes her. And our boy FINALLY confesses !

Of course they don't have time to dwell on the confession because then Kankan shows up for a flash mob...luckily we've got two couples holding hands through the torri gates and Hara and Kanzaki get to be the victims! Hara looks liable to kill somebody .

Ichikawa is a great boyfriend, even packing Yamada's sweets for the trip back, but Chi is a great friend being there for Yamada and covering for her .

I love how we went from dick battles to Ichikawa and Adachi fighting with toy swords over Adachi asking about Kana. Also the girls picking fights with other girls from another school, this class is a handful .

"The Usual Place" - of course it's the library and Yamada is looking spectacular in that outfit and munching. But whether she won the audition or not, she's gained a new self-awareness of herself, her weaknesses, and what makes her happy, which makes her want to cherish the people she loves around her more than ever. And there's no one Yamada cherishes, loves, or cares for more than Ichikawa, as she beautifully returns his confession with her own !

THEY'RE FINALLY OFFICIAL!!! And Yamada immediately goes for a kiss! And these two dorks have no idea how to kiss....but they'll settle for Yamada kissing his cheek and running off in glee as they meet each over the setting sun, they're love story only just beginning !

THEY BROUGHT BACK THE SEASON 1 OP FOR THE ENDING !!!!!

Last edited by Frontier; 2024-03-30 at 22:53.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote