AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-25, 01:32   Link #81
Alchemist007
*Author

This would feel less distasteful if the guy was being less sneaky about it. The girls might as well form a harem coalition since that seems to be the direction this is heading in.
Old 2024-02-25, 22:31   Link #82
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I made it 1/4 of the way through the episode but just wanted to hurl things at the TV. From what I remember of the manga it just gets worse from here.
It does, it gets so much worse.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-26, 13:17   Link #83
Frontier

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Fuyuki dragged Sayurin into following Tsubasa and Rena around on their date...but she seems more happy to be spotting Rena in a kimono and looking good with Tsubasa than jealous that they're hanging out together. Also Fuyuki and Sayurin's are utterly slaying in those casual outfits !

Tsubasa and Rena make quite the handsome pair together, and Rena is still super cute and pure, especially in her love and appreaction for cute mascots! Good job snagging one for her Tsubasa .

Though it's hilarious that Sayurin almost give them away because she couldn't abide by bad crane game play...and then proceeded to win a bunch all her own. At least Fuyuki has more stuffed animals now .

I would've thought Rena would watch a period piece, but instead it's a film about a modern career woman trying to make it and battling to be acknowledged for her efforts. Something Rena can relate to so badly she even cries while watching it play out .

(Sayurin so based to want to watch an anime movie ).

Rena is a high spec girl with looks, achievement, and pedigree to match, but she's only tried so hard because she wanted to be praised for her efforts and fulfill all the expectations placed on her, even if means she doesn't really know who she is without them. Also, Smol Rena with long hair .

Tsubasa isn't that different, having bristled with the expectations of his family enough that it lead to a fight that landed him in Hokkaido, but he values Rena for who she is and respects her, and he's not the only one. And that can be enough .

Tsubasa and Rena are two peas in a pod, but why not make it a foursome by introducing Rena to his other Gyaru Friends? Rena is happy to be friends with Rena, especially if it means getting closer to her idol and treating it like a handshake event .

And when you've got three cute gyaru's, it calls forth a 4th in Fuyuki Mama! Who treats the kids to some Hokkaido-grade yakiniku! The girls all look cute eating their meat and even Tsubasa is won over by the high quality Hokkaido yakiniku meat .

It's nice to see Fuyuki isn't just Rena's fan but also someone who truly respects and appreciates her, something Rena has longed for, and it's nice to see the girls all friendly with each other. Even if Fuyuki mama also sees them as Tsubasa's Harem .

Just in case you really forgot this was a romcom and not a Gyaru Gal Pal show...Fuyuki asks Tsubasa out on a date for spring break! Can't wait .
Old 2024-02-26, 19:16   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was... really good, actually! I very much appreciated there was zero drama and the way Fuyuki befriended Rena was really wholesome. Also wasn't expecting Rena to be the first girl to overtly show romantic interest. Too bad Fuyuki is obviously the designated winner. It's always so easy to tell in harem shows like these.
Old 2024-02-26, 23:58   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was... really good, actually! I very much appreciated there was zero drama and the way Fuyuki befriended Rena was really wholesome. Also wasn't expecting Rena to be the first girl to overtly show romantic interest. Too bad Fuyuki is obviously the designated winner. It's always so easy to tell in harem shows like these.
There was so little drama I was questioning whether I was really watching a romance show if not for Fuyuki's obvious feelings for Tsubasa (when she's not palling around with his other love interests) or Rena not so subtly inquiring about him having a girlfriend .
Old 2024-02-27, 08:48   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tsubasa is a kind of a chad in a slow-roll sort of way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 11:11   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tsubasa is a kind of a chad in a slow-roll sort of way.
Guy is a Gal Whisperer .
Old 2024-02-27, 11:48   Link #88
Huh...?

The title should instead be "Hokkaido MILF's Are Super Adorable & Jiggly!"

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 14:04   Link #89
Frontier

Sayurin is feeling that March cold! But nothing warms a girl up like the promise of a White Day gift from Tsubasa! Who is so earnest and straightforward about it !

I’m glad Matsuo realized his monumental Valentines Day screw-up and wants to make it right with Fuyuki and Sayurin. And who better to get advice from than his VA’s IRL buddies’ character ?

(It’s funny getting two back to back shows with Yoshitsugu Matsuoka on Ayaneru Mondays )

How old is Tsubasa’s grandma that she didn’t grow up with White Day? Or I guess that begs the question of when White Day became a thing in Japan .

Matsuo properly apologizes! And Tsubasa gives everyone a White Day gift! And it seems like Tsubasa and Matsuo are officially bros !

And what better bro excursion than smelt fishing? Especially if it means running into Fuyuki who is there with her family (still no sign of her dad though) !

Smelt fishing isn’t always exciting when you’ve got a bad area, but Tsubasa and Fuyuki know how to keep each other entertained, whether it be discussing makeup, Fuyuki revealing her dream to be a stylist (which I don’t get the sense she’s told anyone other than Tsubasa) or a near indirect kiss with lip gloss !

Hey, they actually caught some! And Tsubasa gets to enjoy Tempura and scallop rice balls! Thank you Hokkaido cuisine !

Though Tsubasa ALSO caught a cold, though it’s nice to know he has Gals in his life who care about him and look after him…especially Fuyuki who shows up in his room when he needed someone the most and is willing to do anything for him. But Tsubasa is satisfied just with some intimate handholding as Fuyuki stares longingly at him. And it seems like she wants more of that !
Old 2024-03-04, 19:22   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Matsuo turned out to be a pretty cool dude. Too bad all the chicks are going to orbit around Bland McBoring, leaving no one for him. I'm actually curious how the show will handle him.
Old 2024-03-05, 02:19   Link #91
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Matsuo turned out to be a pretty cool dude. Too bad all the chicks are going to orbit around Bland McBoring, leaving no one for him. I'm actually curious how the show will handle him.
He ruined his chances with either of them and well deserved, at least he apologized, he should get one of the other girls in their classroom or from another class, it doesn't have to be one of the main girls (I personally hate the trope of pairing the leftover girls with the friend characters, I always insta-drop any show that does this, it always feels insulting to the characters).
Old 2024-03-05, 08:59   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nothing says teen fun like an auger and a tupper full o’ maggots.
Old 2024-03-11, 12:17   Link #93
Frontier

Spring has come to Hokkaido! Which means slightly warmer weather, trees blooming, the gang are second years now, and Fuyuki is even more overt with her flirting towards Tsubasa !

The prospect that Tsubasa and Fuyuki will be separated in their new classes is a sad one, and that's why Fuyuki wanted to walk with Tsubasa all the way to school...she wants to have as much time with him as she can before they might never see each other again in their new classes. But Fuyuki is the kind of girl Tsubasa will always go out of his way to see, and thankfully they manage to stay together in their second year class :smile!

Even Sayurin is still in the same class! Only now she has a haircut! From hair past her shoulders to just about even with them, but she still looks great! The haircut was worth it just for Tsubasa's compliment !

Matsuo made it too! The gang's all here! Complete with a brief Rena appearance as she goes out of her way to wave at Tsubasa, lucky guy .

Toguchi sensei seems nice, and I should've figured one way or another Tsubasa would end up class prez, though Matsuo's sterling endorsement was a nice bonus. And Fuyuki is the vice-press! All the better so she can spend more time with Tsubasa! Only problem is Sayurin had the same idea but she didn't raise her hand in time .

But at least now that Tsubasa owns a (s)witch, he can Sayurin can do some evening gaming with Animal Crossing...I mean, Monster Climb! Where Sayurin is a cute ghost named Tamu-san and has a sprawling mansion all to herself! And Tsubasa is the first person (and boy) she's showed it to, and vice-versa! It's all very cute .

Tamu-san even goes out of her way to help him get more material to spruce his place up! Probably the most romantic gaming moment I've seen in a while !

Sayurin has changed a lot from the beginning, changes she owes to meeting Tsubasa, and even if she can't be as outgoing with Fuyuki, she's happy to have the time she has with him now .

Wow, Fuyuki is not letting up the flirting even when they're alone at school with printouts! And she's making it clear that it's the teasing kind of flirting but the serious kind too! What could she have planned with Tsubasa during Golden Week ?
Old 2024-03-11, 19:24   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It wasn't until Fuyuki and Tsubasa started talking about winter and spring that I realized the three girls are named after seasons. I'm not sure a fourth girl named after Spring will show up or if the conversation was meant to tell us it would never happen because "Spring is over in a flash in Hokkaido".
Old 2024-03-12, 07:33   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
It wasn't until Fuyuki and Tsubasa started talking about winter and spring that I realized the three girls are named after seasons. I'm not sure a fourth girl named after Spring will show up or if the conversation was meant to tell us it would never happen because "Spring is over in a flash in Hokkaido".
The "Shiki" in Tsubasa's name is kanji for "four seasons" and he said here he likes spring the best, which I think settles that issue.
Old 2024-03-18, 13:06   Link #96
Frontier

Fuyuki is putting out all the stops on her makeup and hair routine for her big date with Tsubasa! And you know it's a big deal because they skipped the OP !

Look at Fuyuki Mama so proud of her daugther and rooting for her to snag her man! And with looks, hair, and that outfit, Fuyuki is utterly slaying !

It's cute how they both ended up falling asleep on each other. Though the best part was definitely Tsubasa calling her pretty .

Ashibashi! Time for biking, eating, and shopping for accessories! Just hitting all the classic couple date stuff they can .

What a glorious and beautiful cherry blossom park! Fuyuki really wanted to thank Tsubasa for everything he's done for her with such a majestic sight! All because he said he wanted to see Hokkaido cherry blossoms in view! And even still, the most beautiful thing to Tsubasa isn't the cherry blossoms but Fuyuki IN the cherry blossoms !

I bet these two are going to still be visiting this park when they're an old married couple, with Fuyuki still looking smoking hot! They even take a couple picture in front of the shrine !

It was still nice to see some Rena in this very TsubasaxFuyuki focused episode, maximizing her study time and playing with her dog Brainy...I almost felt bad for her going to Tsubasa's house hoping to see him and running into...his brother ?

Some shows play their OP during pivotal and big moments, this show has the ACTUAL Masayoshi Oishi singing the OP in full concert for the rest of Tsubasa and Fuyuki's date, complete with go-karts .

As if there haven't been enough vibes of how much of an obvious couple they are (and Fuyuki practically adertising that fact), Tsubasa even put a promise bracelet on her! Just GET OFFICIALLY TOGETHER ALREADY !

Of course when Fuyuki bridges the question of exactly what they are, Tsubasa chickens out and says they just look like friends...even though no one in their right mind would see them that way. You can tell Fuyuk is a little bummed out, and Tsubasa realizes he was a coward, though just as he's about to confess...Fuyuki says she's leaving to study abroad .

Tsubasa and his earnestness and sincerity isn't just what drew Fuyuki to him or why she's attracted to him, it's inspired her to commit harder to her studies and put herself out there, even if it means leaving Japan (and Tsubasa). This was meant to be one last hurrah for them together and as a thank you, but all Tsubasa can do is hug her with tears in his eyes. Where can these two go from here ?
Old 2024-03-18, 13:40   Link #97
EroKing

Episode 11

cuck

CUCK

LMAO, he deserved that!
Old 2024-03-18, 19:22   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is the most stupid and contrived development I've seen in a romcom in a long time. Fuyuki is so ahead of the other girls the author had to come up with this. Yep, I totally believe a high schooler needs to study abroad in high school to be a beautician. Revealing she was actually 18 due to repeating grades and her going to Tokyo being she had been scouted for AV would have made more sense. That's how bad it was.
Old 2024-03-18, 19:25   Link #99
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Oh, so we're to this point in the story.

*pulls up a chair*

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 23:36   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
This is the most stupid and contrived development I've seen in a romcom in a long time. Fuyuki is so ahead of the other girls the author had to come up with this. Yep, I totally believe a high schooler needs to study abroad in high school to be a beautician. Revealing she was actually 18 due to repeating grades and her going to Tokyo being she had been scouted for AV would have made more sense. That's how bad it was.
At least it didn't completely come out of nowhere because she mentioned it a few episodes ago, I think.