AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 10:22   Link #121
Fran~
floating away...

Ohhh, can just imagine it... what if Taiga dies in Ryuujis arms??? :3
Old 2009-02-27, 10:35   Link #122
Nosauz

actually I think the there is no ending that could ever beat heart de roommate's true ending. At first I was not a fan of the main girl but after that ending, shit talking about it makes my heart ache, thats real tragedy. I don't think anything toradora can make think of heart de roommate in a different way.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:44   Link #123
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~

Rlly, it was a cute confession. I wonder how is going to end... and what is going to happen to everyone.

But it wasn't ''the best confession'' or a ''epic confesion'' IMO. This one has just been surpassed by chapter 437 of Naruto. D:
Old 2009-02-27, 10:47   Link #124
ElementSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephiles View Post
Rlly, it was a cute confession. I wonder how is going to end... and what is going to happen to everyone.

But it wasn't ''the best confession'' or a ''epic confesion'' IMO. This one has just been surpassed by chapter 437 of Naruto. D:
Pssht, it's still a really good confession. Melancholic, verge of tears, brutal honesty... you can't get any more emotional than that.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:51   Link #125
Fran~
floating away...

Nah... even at naruto's subforum people said that Taiga's confession was way better.

It's different though, you can't compare Naruto with Toradora.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:04   Link #126
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm a bit irritated but it's good if they can get me irritated with what the characters are doing. Although I don't want to get irritated with it... at all.

I really need to get back to the MTS3K Mantra, or so I thought after watching this episode. If any of you doesn't mean what I mean it's actually: "It's just a show, I must relax."

Oh, but the Taiga's subconscious confession at the end got to me like this: "Whoa."
Old 2009-02-27, 11:12   Link #127
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-27, 11:25   Link #128
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The best confession for me (in any anime) was from Honey and Clover, episode six.

The confession in this episode would probably be in my top five. So what made that confession from H&C so perfect? It was simply more beautiful for me. Yamada was already drunk, and a principal reason of that was due to the fact that she knew Mayama harbored no romantic feelings for her. Despite that, Mayama acquiesced to Shuuji's request that he bring her home, because Shuuji trusted Mayama. Begrudgingly, he did.

Yamada wasn't really asleep, however. On Mayama's back, as he walked, she desperately clutched his chest and told him that she liked him, again and again, as the tears flowed down from her eyes. They were repetitions, and these reflected the futility with which she viewed her emotions for him were. Nevertheless, Mayama was an absolute gentleman. He acknowledged her feelings with mere hums of recognition, and after she stopped, he thanked her under the full moon.

It was at that point that I realized I was watching the best anime of all time.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:26   Link #129
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Nah... even at naruto's subforum people said that Taiga's confession was way better.

It's different though, you can't compare Naruto with Toradora.
It's a matter of likes, and I'm only referring to the theme of confession.

Taiga's confession was really cute and stuffs, but not melancholic, sad or even surprising FOR ME. Maybe because Taigas isn't my favorite character, or probably because she didn't die when she was expressing her feelings. I don't know, but I didn't feel anything in particular watching that scene.

Anyway, that's my view.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:27   Link #130
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

O_O

...that's all I'm left with after the last scene...
Old 2009-02-27, 11:28   Link #131
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

By the way, while I shed some tears with Taiga's confession in this episode, I cried steadily for about five minutes with that H&C scene. As the scene segued into the ED which was Waltz, tears steadily and freely fell from my eyes. That was genius.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:29   Link #132
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand

Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
A perfect Chapter...

The confession was great, but Really sad, Taiga wants to stop loving Ryuuji, becouse that feeling is making her miserable, she things Ryuuji loves Minori, and becouse of Ryuuji's happiness, she have to stay away of the man she loves, and even with all her efort, she still love him...

That was really sad for me...
Old 2009-02-27, 11:33   Link #133
typhonsentra

It's up to preference I suppose but I prefer the way Toradora deals with romantic pairings when compared to H&C. It does a better job at reflecting the fluidity of these kinds of feelings while acknowledging that someone can feel them towards more than one person. It also does better in going into depth as to why the characters feel these things rather than just expecting the audience to accept it just because it's stated that they do.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:40   Link #134
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

typhonsentra:

We totally see things differently. I, for one, thought H&C was more mature in dealing with romantic relationships but Toradora has its own special uniqueness that makes it lovable as well. Feelings, in real life, are never fluid. Most of the time, you won't even know why you're so attracted to a certain person, you just are. I just feel that H&C is a lot more mature than Toradora and so far it does go into the characters' depth better. I guess we'll just agree to disagree then.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:41   Link #135
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~

The question now is how Ryuuji will respond to her confession. And what's going to happen to the other two girls.
Old 2009-02-27, 11:47   Link #136
kyomagi

looking at the speed of the episodes compaired to the LN, Ryuuji has already started to understand his feelings, they will come forward prolly next episodes end or episode 23
Old 2009-02-27, 11:56   Link #137
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
typhonsentra:

We totally see things differently. I, for one, thought H&C was more mature in dealing with romantic relationships but Toradora has its own special uniqueness that makes it lovable as well. Feelings, in real life, are never fluid. Most of the time, you won't even know why you're so attracted to a certain person, you just are. I just feel that H&C is a lot more mature than Toradora and so far it does go into the characters' depth better. I guess we'll just agree to disagree then.
Again it's up to preference but I never found the way the characters continued to pine after their respective love interests for years even after losing contact with them for long periods of time to be unrealistic. Toradora might be less mature in the sense that the characters will sometimes behave less rationally but that's mainly a byproduct of them being younger than the characters in the other series. The way the characters have conflicts over their feelings and how the feelings change however are more realistic in my opinion. Then again maybe I'm just overly cynical, I don't believe in "Love at first sight" either which always made me dislike the Takemoto-Hagu pairing too.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:09   Link #138
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomagi View Post
looking at the speed of the episodes compaired to the LN, Ryuuji has already started to understand his feelings, they will come forward prolly next episodes end or episode 23
It's a condensate of the novel. They can't show everything in just 25 episodes, so they show what to them is relevant. Most of us don't have a problem with that.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:20   Link #139
Sixth
Hu Tao

10/10 for me.

and I cant believe that JC staff actually doing the thing right...Is it a dream or they just happen to eat some cracks?

Love Taiga's epic confession.
Old 2009-02-27, 13:02   Link #140
ddongbap

I woke up this morning, wondering..

Did Ami get into that scuffle on purpose? I wonder if it was to get Minorin to come out of her shell.
Closed Thread