AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-26, 14:46   Link #1
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

Samurai Guns??

does anyone know if the new show samurai guns is goin to be on torrents and groups are goin to sub them. i dont think it aired in japan. heres the site http://avexmode.jp/animation/samurai/index.html. if anyone knows please answer TY
Shura No Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 15:09   Link #2
Proz
Known only as..

Send a message via Yahoo to Proz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shura No Toki
does anyone know if the new show samurai guns is goin to be on torrents and groups are goin to sub them. i dont think it aired in japan. heres the site http://avexmode.jp/animation/samurai/index.html. if anyone knows please answer TY
It won't be hosted on AnimeSuki. At the bottom of the page it says (c) ADV FILMS, meaning they already have the rights plus they are paying for production costs. I'm sure it'll be fansubbed as even announced licenses of Karau & Samurai Champloo hasn't stopped unethical fansubbers from releasing subs.

AnimeSuki should probably update their license database so that people know before it is aired and start asking for it.
Proz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 17:56   Link #3
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proz
It won't be hosted on AnimeSuki. At the bottom of the page it says (c) ADV FILMS, meaning they already have the rights plus they are paying for production costs. I'm sure it'll be fansubbed as even announced licenses of Karau & Samurai Champloo hasn't stopped unethical fansubbers from releasing subs.

AnimeSuki should probably update their license database so that people know before it is aired and start asking for it.

thats wierd that it wont be on animesuki?? boo. do u know any groups that will be subbing samurai guns??
Old 2004-09-26, 19:18   Link #4
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
thats wierd that it wont be on animesuki?? boo. do u know any groups that will be subbing samurai guns??
Don't ask for licensed series. (even if the license is not confirmed)
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 22:21   Link #5
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Don't ask for licensed series. (even if the license is not confirmed)
Is that a subtle hint about a future Shining-Fans project?

Just kidding. As a pre-license, this show should get a fairly quick release. If you have the Anime Network in your area, you will undoubtably be able to watch it very soon. If you just can't wait to watch, it looks very much like a clone of Samurai Deeper Kyo, so you can find that to tide you over.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 18:28   Link #6
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Is that a subtle hint about a future Shining-Fans project?

Just kidding. As a pre-license, this show should get a fairly quick release. If you have the Anime Network in your area, you will undoubtably be able to watch it very soon. If you just can't wait to watch, it looks very much like a clone of Samurai Deeper Kyo, so you can find that to tide you over.

im a little confused. its already licensed?? so no torrents?? and i dont have anieme network even thought i an get it. and i LOVE samurai deeper kyo. a few of my fav shows are samurai deeper kyo and sura no toki. so can anyone help me im stupid
Old 2004-09-27, 18:41   Link #7
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It's quite straightforward.

Basically, from the above posts I got the following:
  • The show is licensed by ADV who will probably be airing it on the Anime Network soon.
  • So it won't be listed on AnimeSuki
  • and thus, you arn't allowed to ask where to download it...
  • If you want to watch it you'll need to get the Anime Network or wait for a DVD release.
  • The show is probably going to be similar to "Samurai Deeper Kyo" which is available; so you could watch that in the mean time.
  • You've already seen "Samurai Deeper Kyo" and liked it... so you might want to start saving up for any DVDs that get released for this new show.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:10   Link #8
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
It's quite straightforward.

Basically, from the above posts I got the following:
  • The show is licensed by ADV who will probably be airing it on the Anime Network soon.
  • So it won't be listed on AnimeSuki
  • and thus, you arn't allowed to ask where to download it...
  • If you want to watch it you'll need to get the Anime Network or wait for a DVD release.
  • The show is probably going to be similar to "Samurai Deeper Kyo" which is available; so you could watch that in the mean time.
  • You've already seen "Samurai Deeper Kyo" and liked it... so you might want to start saving up for any DVDs that get released for this new show.

lol thankyou for helping me understand. stupid ADV!!!!
Old 2004-09-27, 19:38   Link #9
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Haha, "stupid ADV."

Buddy, if it wasn't for ADV the series likely wouldn't exist. Stop your whining.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 05:48   Link #10
megumidk
Chii ?

Samurai Gun

Wow, this got to be the worst animated non-kiddy show of the the season (or at least, i hope so). It is almost as if someone said "It got Samurai in the title, so lets just add lots of blood and dead people, then sell it to the americans."

The opening reminds me of the quality in 70's and it has way too much animation that just involves moving the same cel around. On the other hand, it has a high bodycount already in episode 1, so i guess fans of series like Hellsing might be able to look past the low-budget production and get a few kicks our of it.
megumidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 08:29   Link #11
Spuffy
オウカ~

I watched it yesterday, and this was among the most boring shows I've seen this year. It didn't do anything at all for apart from one or two chukles. Not that I didn't expect much from it, but this hits my low mark. Not that the animation was that bad, but that cheap CG felt way out of place. Especially that part when they first have animated blood, and the next second the blood drops are CG (at 16.18). Yuck. I don't mind CG in anime if it's well made, or you don't notice it as that. But in Samurai Gun it stinks.
The "story" was boring, flat, full of cliches. If you want a "modern" samurai show Samurai Champloo is lightyears ahead. Oh well, some may actually like it, but for me it is something I'll do very good without.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 23:50   Link #12
magicalcute

I just dont like the fact that all the bad guys kill only females for no apparent reason. Kinda sexist on that part.

Just another way to make quick cash from milking the samurai genre, sorta like how Urban Vision did to Ninja Scroll TV.

Last edited by magicalcute; 2004-10-07 at 00:02.
magicalcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:39   Link #13
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
lol thankyou for helping me understand. stupid ADV!!!!
I have to wonder if people like you even buy anime and support the industry..
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:55   Link #14
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

I didn't make it to the end of the first episode. It could be better if they removed the main character and just made it into a hentai.
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 20:08   Link #15
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
I didn't make it to the end of the first episode. It could be better if they removed the main character and just made it into a hentai.
And with that you peaked my interest *searches for screens*
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 16:33   Link #16
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I have to wonder if people like you even buy anime and support the industry..
Do you have to wonder? It is pretty obvious.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:58   Link #17
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
And with that you peaked my interest *searches for screens*
Spoiler for Here you go:
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 05:13   Link #18
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Note the stunning CG effect, the evil character design of the bad guys trio (imo they look like clowns) and all the other crap. Add boring VA to it and some below average animation and you end up with SG.
(Removed spoiler tags as screenshots were removed also.)

I didn't think "Samurai Gun" was too bad. I've certainly seen other shounen series that stunk to high heavens. Good CG effects, but boring 1-D characters. Lots of blood and death (in the first episode??), but no long drawn-out fights. Basic 'puff of a show, IMHO. One of the "watch it and forget it" type of shows, I would have to say.

Or don't watch and forget about it.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:12   Link #19
strategos

Was this series any good?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 21:50   Link #20
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Was this series any good?
it was ok. i will reccomend it if you just want to watch a series to relax to. it wasnt amazing or any thing special but i still found it quite enjoyable.