AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 07:01   Link #141
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Server's restarting and my router crapped out so I'm done for the evening. I didn't play all day plus I am spending a lot of time looking at how gorgeous everything is so I'm only level 13, and most of my guild blew past me so I didn't have much chance for group or RP activities.

My character's name is Aeriyn on Celestial Hills if anyone is interested in joining the RP server. There's not a lot of RP going on during the OBT, though, so it's mostly just people leveling as fast as possible for some odd reason...
I leveled at a medium pace. There was a few little RPs I joined and a small guild i joined to goof around in.

Which guild did you join Syn? Black Phoenix? Kin? I saw a lot of names. I tried to whisper you when you got on but I think you might have been flooded with the barrens chat or was eyeballin the scenery ... I was invited to a female only guild called Valkyrie Knights. Mainly because i partied with the starters and they thought i was nice and invited me. I got my own rank "Einherjar"

I got to 12 before I stopped in the town after the big city. The game looks amazing and I like the flight path teleporting.

I was also glad I came to this server when I said this in chat "Aw man I just had a awesome name idea for Lancer, PIROS PIROS PIROS THE THIIIRD!" and so many people laughed and said hell yea etc etc... a lot of anime chat and monster hunter talk.

Spoiler for for those who dont know what i'm talking about just above:

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-04-20 at 07:17.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 07:58   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
If by '' quite the experience '' you mean all high levels bored and camping at front of Lumbertown to kill any low level who doesn't think twice about crossing the bridge.. then yes, quite an experience.

Hats, I'm on Dragonfall, and I am on right now. I was on earlier too. You can add me even if I'm offline, the name's Chiara, or look up the Zodiac guild.

Vexx : You can manually download all the TERA files using an download manager. This lets you resume the download even if something goes wonky .. Sadly, you'll have to wait. The links were posted by EME but are currently down .. It just says they will be added '' asap ''.

And Vexx, your ISP should then limit your upload speed by a LOT, if you're not allowed to upload anything. You should turn the P2P off regardless, it downloads faster. The P2P feature is supposed to help you by downloading from other players, but as most have it turned off, it totally does not help. I also often got source file checksum error when downloading from others..
"Uploading" does not equal "torrenting" or "P2P" Those are a subset of "uploading".

I can upload at 1MB and download at 3MB .... what they're unable to handle is an unthrottled torrent with many connections. It simply overloads the equipment they have. They are quietly upgrading but until they're sure they can keep quality of service, torrenting remains a TOS violation. If I want, say, a Linux distribution or whatever, they're quite happy to grab it at the upstream point and get it to me. I didn't know there were manual files (too many game launchers assume the downloading computer is the playing computer). Anyway, I got 13% downloaded last night so that's an improvement. Anyway, tis off topic other than the fact I'm dealing with a very large download (game developers seem to forget that a fair percentage of their audience don't have even the potential access to true broadband).
Old 2012-04-20, 10:02   Link #143
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The game was developed and originally restricted for South Korea only, so I'm sure the developers didn't exactly have that in mind when creating the game...

Valari on Dragonfall server, Priest. Right now I'm level 13 and about to do the unicorn quest ._.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 10:21   Link #144
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I just logged off for the night, 11 or 12, plodding along nicely. It's awesomely pretty, combat is pretty fun.

Add Vexana if you feel like it Mow.

Was the last quest on the isle supposed to be a group one? It seemed to be a bit more full on then the other fights.

Unicorn quest?
Old 2012-04-20, 12:02   Link #145
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I just logged off for the night, 11 or 12, plodding along nicely. It's awesomely pretty, combat is pretty fun.

Add Vexana if you feel like it Mow.

Was the last quest on the isle supposed to be a group one? It seemed to be a bit more full on then the other fights.

Unicorn quest?
You get a healer to heal you, so it should be solo-able.

When does the general open beta start up for non-early access people, noon?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:10   Link #146
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ i can't really tell the time but it should be a few hours from now.
Old 2012-04-20, 16:04   Link #147
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"Uploading" does not equal "torrenting" or "P2P" Those are a subset of "uploading".

I can upload at 1MB and download at 3MB .... what they're unable to handle is an unthrottled torrent with many connections. It simply overloads the equipment they have. They are quietly upgrading but until they're sure they can keep quality of service, torrenting remains a TOS violation. If I want, say, a Linux distribution or whatever, they're quite happy to grab it at the upstream point and get it to me. I didn't know there were manual files (too many game launchers assume the downloading computer is the playing computer). Anyway, I got 13% downloaded last night so that's an improvement. Anyway, tis off topic other than the fact I'm dealing with a very large download (game developers seem to forget that a fair percentage of their audience don't have even the potential access to true broadband).
It's hardly any progress if the download cancels at some point, however. Do note that the launcher is unable to continue from your download and will download everything again .. So if it looks like you can't get the game on your PC; you'll be best off waiting for those manual files.. Only, if you're not interested in paying for the game, at this rate you'll never get to even try it :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The game was developed and originally restricted for South Korea only, so I'm sure the developers didn't exactly have that in mind when creating the game...

Valari on Dragonfall server, Priest. Right now I'm level 13 and about to do the unicorn quest ._.
Me and two of my friends got to level 20 before logging off. We need a healer to stick with us from here now on, but we hate random parties. If you can make it to level 20 for tomorrow, that would be awesome :P. (Tomorrow, as in like 12hrs-ish from now on).
Old 2012-04-20, 16:07   Link #148
Mow Yun

I'm level 18 now.
Old 2012-04-20, 17:28   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It's hardly any progress if the download cancels at some point, however. Do note that the launcher is unable to continue from your download and will download everything again .. So if it looks like you can't get the game on your PC; you'll be best off waiting for those manual files.. Only, if you're not interested in paying for the game, at this rate you'll never get to even try it :x
Wow... a launcher that can't do a resume... brilliant. yeah, I'll just watch from over here and if everyone is still playing in a month or two, I'll probably buy and subscribe.
Old 2012-04-20, 21:54   Link #150
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

wait really? I could have sworn I stopped and started it again at least once and it didn't start again, it just went and checked the files before continuing on.

Anyways on atm if anyone wants to play.
Old 2012-04-20, 22:15   Link #151
Mow Yun

The launcher does support resume, but I think it redownloads the whole (probably compressed file) if your files are corrupt.
Old 2012-04-20, 22:15   Link #152
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
My guild is kind of awesome in concept. Instead of being a strictly RP or strictly gameplay guild (PvE/PvP etc) they're an economic guild with strong interest in trading, crafting and generally owning the shit out of the auction house.

Edit: And yes the launcher does resume. I had downloaded half-ish of the files and my internet crapped out; had to reboot all the routers in the house and the whole ordeal took around 10-15 minutes... the downloader picked right back up where it was. The problem is like Mow Yun said, the entire game data is transferred in a positively huge .rar file (20.5GB), instead of breaking it up into many smaller files. This raises the chance that the entire archive will be corrupted if your internet craps out.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:59   Link #153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah thanks for the clarify (not that it improved my opinion of the launcher programmers , these are issues long solved by the industry by using small packages, etc.).
Old 2012-04-21, 12:23   Link #154
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So I heard Tera's creators stole stuff from lineage 3's staff and might be shut down.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:37   Link #155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So I heard Tera's creators stole stuff from lineage 3's staff and might be shut down.
Tera supposedly stole stuff from Aion too. And FFXIV (catgirls with a loli touch).

Seems like they are the Marisa Kirisame of the MMORPG industry, and they are still not letting us Asians in.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:31   Link #156
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It looks like NCSoft lost that lawsuit, though. Or rather, only the developers on Lineage 3 were successfully sued for "trade secrets" but Bluehole (Tera's developing studio) was not successfully sued or something like that.

En Masse's official statement: (May or may not be significantly biased)

Quote:
Over the last couple of years, we've been working to release TERA. We're close to getting the job done right, as TERA closed beta test players can attest. But since February, we've been subjected to entirely too much innuendo related to a lawsuit filed against our startup by NCsoft in the United States—a suit that seems designed to disrupt the launch of TERA in North America. The latest round of that innuendo even goes so far as to try to drag in a separate case that was brought in Korea not against Bluehole, but against certain former employees of NCSoft.

In the event you've read the court filings here in the US, you'll find that they're remarkably easy to read for legal documents; they certainly appear to have been written with an eye toward public opinion. NCsoft is a billion-plus dollar corporation, so they can afford to have a team of high-priced lawyers spin out reasonable-sounding documents. These baseless accusations have led to unfounded rumors, which is disappointing and unfair. But that doesn’t mean the rumors are true.

It is no surprise that the latest spin on the story has it that "TERA is guilty." That is wrong. For the record, after extensive Korean proceedings, Bluehole Studio was NOT found to have made any use of any NCsoft trade secrets in the form of source code or game design. In fact, TERA didn’t even exist when the Korean case against the former NCsoft employees arose, and neither did En Masse Entertainment. In Korean civil proceedings, Bluehole was also found NOT to have been responsible for the exodus of NCsoft developers.

What is a fact: If you're a legal scholar, you'll note that NCsoft hasn't filed a motion (known as an injunction) here in the US to prevent the launch of TERA. That's kind of surprising, because their legal documents originally said they would supposedly suffer grievous harm if TERA is launched.

Another fact: If you read NCsoft’s complaint, they actually admit that their motive in bringing the suit is to prevent Bluehole and En Masse from competing with them: "Since the release of TERA in Korea, NCsoft's Lineage sales and market share have declined, as have sales and market share of other NCsoft products."

To our fans and followers, we want to let you all know that we are not going to let a corporate bully or baseless rumor mill derail us from focusing our efforts on delivering TERA to you on May 1, 2012.
Reached level 24 today. @_@;;
Old 2012-04-21, 15:58   Link #157
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm gonna try this one later today, when the download finishes. I usually don't play as females in MMORPGs but... in this case I just can't stop myself. The females look absolutely gorgeous. ^^
Old 2012-04-21, 17:25   Link #158
Mow Yun

The males have awesome armor as well, in my opinion. (IMO), plate armor is fabulously designed for the male models. I'm less entheusiastic about the female bikini armor but meh. Out of the Elin armors, I like the plate armors the best. I'm just not a fan of the Berserker class.
Old 2012-04-21, 18:59   Link #159
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Agree'd a lot of female armor sacrafices style for bareness.
Old 2012-04-21, 19:57   Link #160
Lawfer

Typical Korean mmo, a solo online game with fetching quests and grinding.
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote