AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-08, 20:18   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
lol, yeah. He's basically saying that he wants eternal war. He may as well go for the full JRPG villain angle and say that he intends to save the world through destroying it. I mean, isn't that what would pretty much happen anyway if a bunch of super-powered gang leaders ruled the earth?
No, no...
You see once people start to suffer, they will reach a point of enlightenment that will allow everyone to lead a peaceful life. Oh Marvel...you should learn to see the big picture.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:56   Link #22
marvelB

^But again, the whole thing with having a bunch of superhuman banchou terrorizing humanity could work against him since that's just going to accumulate MORE fear and hatred from the masses. Unless you're suggesting that Takeshi is basically pulling an Ozymandias? Because I highly doubt that KB would go THAT deep......

And frankly, if Takeshi wanted to lead humanity to enlightenment then he should have followed Nenbutsu Banchou's example and whored himself out with crappy merchandise.
Old 2012-06-15, 10:30   Link #23
marvelB

Bumping for the next translated chapter!

And so the curtain closes on the Mugenjima arc. And it's been indicated that the time has come for the old generation of banchou to pass on the torch to the next.....

....But sadly, it looks like we won't be getting any new translated chapters for a while since the translators decided to take a summer break. Dang it, now what am I gonna about my weekly manly banchou fix!?
Old 2012-06-15, 10:36   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

AH...daddy didn't do shit. All that build up and epic multi-helicopter entrance all for nothing.

I must say, I hope Drill Banchou becomes a regular, I really liked him and his one sided love for Sasori Banchou.

Quote:
Dang it, now what am I gonna about my weekly manly banchou fix!?
At least we still have One Piece and Jojo...there should be enough manliness in either to hold you up (God knows Jotaro had tons to spare back in the day :I)
Old 2012-06-15, 11:17   Link #25
marvelB

^Mind you, I've been marinating in Jojo manliness for about a decade (and OP for nearly as long), and while I love em' to death, one does tend to crave for something a little more fresh once in a while.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I must say, I hope Drill Banchou becomes a regular, I really liked him and his one sided love for Sasori Banchou.

Personally, I wish that Unabara Banchou had joined the gang. I mean, c'mon: What's not awesome about having a giant talking shark as one of the good guys?
Old 2012-06-15, 11:20   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Personally, I wish that Unabara Banchou had joined the gang. I mean, c'mon: What's not awesome about having a giant talking shark as one of the good guys?
Yea in the middle of Tokyo...that would work out just as nicely as having Godzilla attend Todai University xD
Old 2012-06-15, 11:32   Link #27
Awrya
U mad?

Only Akira/Nippon Banchou must be thinking: 'What am I going to do now?' , since Hakai Buchou is no more
Wonder if he will try to create another Hakai Banchou, though the fastest way is to defeat Kongou Banchou+members if he wants to display his strenght. Either way, defeating Hakai to gain support backfired big.
Old 2012-06-15, 11:41   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I miss the robot Banchou :I
Old 2012-06-15, 15:38   Link #29
marvelB

^Yeah, Machine Banchou was cool (sure that whole "Do robots have souls?" stuff is the most cliche thing ever, but I thought it was handled pretty well with him). Maybe he'll be rebuilt somehow and join the next battle....

Also, I want to see Ourou Banchou's group again. They had some real wicked designs, but they got instantly taken out by the Dark Student Council before they really had a chance to do anything (well, aside from Ourou himself, anyway). I hope they show up for the final battle, too (I could care less about Iai Banchou, though. Frankly, I find him to be the most boring of Akira's otherwise awesome group).
Old 2012-06-15, 15:41   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Pfft screw that, give me more Douke Banchou
Old 2012-08-03, 08:47   Link #31
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Maids: "Welcome back, Master!"
Akira: "I AM NOT YOUR MASTER!"

Priceless.
I loved this chapter, it was a great break.
Old 2012-08-03, 13:40   Link #32
marvelB

Hellz yeah, the break is finally over. And my favorite line from this chapter:

"Nenbutsu Banchou, wait!!"

"Wh.... what!?"

"PUDDING!"

This just goes to show that even this series' "filler" chapters are packed full of fun!
Old 2012-08-03, 13:46   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sasori Banchou didn't look half bad in a maid costume either!!!
Old 2012-08-03, 14:33   Link #34
marvelB

^Sasori in a maid outfit is nice, true. But it's kind of odd to me because it clashes with the main reason I like her character in the first place. That is to say, even though she's a woman, she's like one of the manliest characters in the series. But then if she's going to dress up like a maid, then what's next? Making her dress up in mahou shoujo cosplay!?
Old 2012-08-03, 15:03   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh, even in the maid outfit she looked butch...but still made it work.

And am I the only one that's loving Nenbutsu Banchou? He's such a fun character now, especially when he shows those details from his person life, like being an Otaku.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:24   Link #36
marvelB

^Hey, I already said a while back that I liked almost everyone in Akira's gang (the sole exception is Iai Banchou.... I just find him plain boring). And considering that those guys ARE all good buddies of Akira now, I find it amusing that he literally thinks that their banchou aliases are their real names. Personally, I'd think any parents who gave their kids some goofy gang leader name would have to be either flat-out retarded or high as a kite, but that's just me.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:40   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well that just shows how much of a meathead Akira really is. It's actually quite refreshing really...here we have a Shounen hero relies on his physical strength...is a bit dull in the head ("Problem? Punch it!") but isn't the usual lovable idiot (Like Luffy or Son Goku) he's even an old fashioned Captain Obvious at times.

And Iai Banchou...whatever happened to him anyway? Not that I care that much about him (though I always love the samurai characters) but he hasn't really been showing up recently.
Old 2012-08-11, 14:04   Link #38
marvelB

Next chapter's here, and the next big storyline is about to begin! And what a coincidence that we were just talking about Iai Banchou. And not to mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Pfft screw that, give me more Douke Banchou

Heh, looks like this wish was granted, as well! But now my greatest sadness is that Big Papa Kongou was taken out...... off-screen, at that.
Old 2012-08-11, 14:44   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What can I say, this mangaka knows what the fans want and the fans demand hot Banchou due.

And is it just me...or did Iai Banchou gain a few points in the "cool" area? Also some fashion tips...
Old 2012-08-11, 14:54   Link #40
marvelB

^Eh, Hikyou Banchou will always be the most fashionable gang leader of them all, IMO.

Anyways, now that Iai Banchou returned, this actually makes me hopeful that Ourou comes back, since both him and Iai were beaten at the same time when we last saw them (that, and I just find Ourou Banchou about 100 times more interesting than Iai ).
Closed Thread