Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-23, 09:52   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Sigh...and I guess I'm the only one of those who read it for historical value, and the only onw who reads Campione for its mythology.
You've been hanging out with the wrong crowd
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:04   Link #102
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You've been hanging out with the wrong crowd
lol

And guys, how do you call the thing with pieces of meat stick together with a stick? Skewer or kebab?
Old 2012-07-23, 10:16   Link #103
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I already read some of the history Nobunaga, if you know what happens to him later on. Then you know the death flag has already been rise for Nobuna. Though it is gradually decreasing as events are changing.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:20   Link #104
Athena
The Power of One

Tragic ending anyone?
Old 2012-07-23, 10:40   Link #105
JohnNiles

Quote:
Sigh...and I guess I'm the only one of those who read it for historical value, and the only onw who reads Campione for its mythology.

That aside, do you guys know what does 球よけのヨシ mean? It's page 6 of volume 1, IIRC.
Don't lose heart! I like the actual history too... but coverage of that era in English-language books is rather poor, so I play games and watch shows like this instead. ^^;
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 11:05   Link #106
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Tragic ending anyone?
Hm, since there will be the kingdom full of woman, I would say no.

From what I know, it's like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okehazama which cause the death of Imagawa Yoshimoto
Old 2012-07-23, 11:12   Link #107
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

One of the major theme of the Light Novel is changing the outcome of past events. So far that is true, I expect a good ending. I haven't read a Light Novel that had a horrible ending before.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:04   Link #108
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Don't lose heart! I like the actual history too... but coverage of that era in English-language books is rather poor, so I play games and watch shows like this instead. ^^;
Same, although the history in this show is.. questionable. I know this is the manga/light novel thread, but Ep 3 of the anime has jumped the historical timeline forward QUITE A BIT .. I'm very much looking forward to the pivotal battle coming up next against Imagawa!

This is what starts the legend of Nobunaga's strategic brilliance (Takeda comes way later!)
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:07   Link #109
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Episode two is also a big step in time. The original Oda Nobunaga story stated he took 2 years to stop the rebellion of his little brother. Also, he killed his little brother afterwards than let him live. The episode finished that event in a week.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:10   Link #110
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Episode two is also a big step in time. The original Oda Nobunaga story stated he took 2 years to stop the rebellion of his little brother. Also, he killed his little brother afterwards than let him live. The episode finished that event in a week.
Right, although since there wasn't any in-fighting in the Oda clan, it's a big shock that Imagawa is marching on them so quickly as they haven't gotten weaker..

Especially since it was implied that the Oda forces didn't march all the way to Mino, but only to the edge of their own province..
Old 2012-07-23, 12:19   Link #111
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Right, although since there wasn't any in-fighting in the Oda clan, it's a big shock that Imagawa is marching on them so quickly as they haven't gotten weaker..

Especially since it was implied that the Oda forces didn't march all the way to Mino, but only to the edge of their own province..
Could be the landscape that would explain that. Even though it is not far, if the landscape is a little rough going back might be a problem considering they were in the forest. While Imagawa took a route known to all people and it is safe, so that could explain how she got there so fast. This is the Owari Province Highlighted in red, it is surrounded by water so that could mean rough terrain where there is no roads. While the Suruga Province where Imagawa Yoshimoto rules is not too far off.

Old 2012-07-23, 12:23   Link #112
willx
Nyaaan~~

@Reaper

Yeah, I'm aware of the geography, I'm still surprised on the big push though. From my memory, Imagawa took advantage of the infighting and weakened state of Owari. So in this case, the numbers might be slightly more balanced than 1,500 vs 35,000 ..
Old 2012-07-23, 12:29   Link #113
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I guess the question (how many women fall for the MC) some of us wanted the answer for has been skipped over right? lol
Old 2012-07-23, 12:29   Link #114
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
@Reaper

Yeah, I'm aware of the geography, I'm still surprised on the big push though. From my memory, Imagawa took advantage of the infighting and weakened state of Owari. So in this case, the numbers might be slightly more balanced than 1,500 vs 35,000 ..
That is of course the difference between the two histories. The Light Novel version and the original story speed up both events. In the original story Nobunaga and Imagawa went to battle several times. Imagawa taking most of the victories, but let down his guard allowing a counter attack and his death. In the Light Novel version it is very different, Nobuna made the right move however, if she chosen to leave some of her forces behind to guard the Owari Provence then a battle will ensure and lives of innocent will be lost. The events are changing, if Imagawa doesn't die when the take over of Nobuna begins than that is a big change in history. zgmf-x19a, from what I know most of the women in the Oda clans and rival clans fell in love with our "Monkey".
Old 2012-07-23, 13:09   Link #115
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
I dont know what exactly happen from the reality MC was in.

He's somehow go back to the past and realize everything completely different. He help Nobuna to accomplish her dream then change the history. But the case if he was the part of history he would be disappear ... We still see him, so the result of everything he do might be finally same as what he know in future ...

Argh, It's a goooood story, just hope there will be big surprises for all the readers.
no u cant take it like that.

The MC is pulled from a multi verse timeline.. meaning he isnt part of the current timeline.

So the MC is free to make any edits or changes without effecting his own, because the current time line isnt from his universe but an alternate.

Ie.. If nobuna was nobunaga (male) then it would be from his universe timeline, and yes all actions he made could effect his existance.. ie.. the grandfather paradox.

However since its multi verse.. meaning multipul universe, and the MC was pulled from one universe and droped into the other... he can do whatever he pleases, because he got a free edit card from God.
Just note... him being there could of been the branching point from his universe to another... each and every action he makes will cause another branch in time to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
I guess the question (how many women fall for the MC) some of us wanted the answer for has been skipped over right? lol
Lets recap.. Female Diamou's and Female Samurai Generals...
Ummm...

I predict.. war will not be because of land.. it will be to aquire the rights to marry the MC.
Meaning they will goto war for the MC and not the Land... :P
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:49   Link #116
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

Lets recap.. Female Diamou's and Female Samurai Generals...
Ummm...

I predict.. war will not be because of land.. it will be to aquire the rights to marry the MC.
Meaning they will goto war for the MC and not the Land... :P
Wait, isn't this Sengoku-Era Japan? Isn't completely legal for him to have multiple wives/concubines? I mean, yeah, maybe they'll fight over who gets to be head wife, but considering:

A) Polygamy is legal
B) He DID promise Tokichiro that he would carry on his dream
C) Hideyoshi IS historically known to have many wives/concubines, (lol, including Nobunaga's daughter, Nene, Toshiie's daughter, and Nagamasa's daughter...)

I just think that they don't have to fight against each other over him...

Last edited by chad001; 2012-07-23 at 14:06. Reason: Sentenced myself to 5 years in Grammar-Alcatraz
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:53   Link #117
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Wait, isn't this Sengoku-Era Japan? Isn't completely legal for him to have multiple wives/concubines? i mean, yeah, maybe they'll fight over who gets to be head wife, but considering:

A) polygamy is legal
B) he DID promise Tokichiro that he would carry on his dream
C) Hideyoshi IS historically known to have many wives/concubines, (lol, including Nobunaga's daughter, Nene, Toshiie's daughter, and Nagamasa's daughter...)
Yeah, let's see how Nobuna would feel if her hubby had multiple concubines. Remember, our monkey is barely a general, let alone a Daimyo..

I'm pretty sure if you're married to a Daimyo, you're not allowed to have anyone else >_>
Old 2012-07-23, 13:54   Link #118
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Wait, isn't this Sengoku-Era Japan? Isn't completely legal for him to have multiple wives/concubines? i mean, yeah, maybe they'll fight over who gets to be head wife, but considering:

A) polygamy is legal
B) he DID promise Tokichiro that he would carry on his dream
Right on all subjects my friend. Polygamy was legal at the time and things like political marriages were common. The question is, will the beautiful fame Daimyo let him, I mean you can't get a better wife than the one who later unites Japan right?
Old 2012-07-23, 13:56   Link #119
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
One of the major theme of the Light Novel is changing the outcome of past events. So far that is true, I expect a good ending. I haven't read a Light Novel that had a horrible ending before.
I meant more tragic, not horrible. As in bit more than bittersweet, and it could happen IMO. For example, you could see Sagara separated from Nobuna at the end and Nobuna waiting for him until the very end, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Well, I guess that we should question those readers more passionately.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:37   Link #120
Sumeragi
Banned

Well, at least one girl is aggressive towards our Monkey:

Spoiler for Spoilers, NSFW:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem