AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 18:19   Link #1
MasafumiGotoh

Anime figure care help

Can anyone tell me how to take care of figures? I have one specific problem and that is the figure getting sticky on a certain part. I think it's because I live in Southern California and it is really hot in my room. I only have 2 figures that produce the stickyness on the same spot. The rest of my figures are fine.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 18:47   Link #2
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Some figures are known to 'sweat' in hot climates. I've not experienced it myself, but I've heard freezing them can help. Make sure to keep them out of direct sunlight, and if it's getting too hot, use AC to lower the ambient temperature. That's about all there is to it.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:03   Link #3
MasafumiGotoh

How long and often should I put it in the freezer?
Old 2012-07-26, 07:08   Link #4
Revan21

Depends on the climate.
During the summer you should put it in at least once in every month for about 20minutes

After the first time you should be able to determine how long does it take for the figure to get all sticky again.
Old 2012-07-26, 23:30   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Don't leave it in the freezer for more than half an hour though... the expansion/contraction could be lethal for the figure if it is repeated very often. If you can keep it ~70s and out of direct sunlight, that's about as good as it gets without vacuum chambers

Where I live air conditioning is uncommon, so in the couple of weeks in the summer when it gets over 90F all the figures head down to the cool of the basement.

Dust is *my* biggest problem. Open air displays tend to accumulate a lot. Usually I can use an air canister (like what one uses to clean electronics) but occasionally I'll disassemble a particularly messy figure and put it in room temperature water with a very mild soap (woolite). Then I use cotton swabs and such to clean them in the water. Rinse, put the parts in front of a fan and re-assemble after drying.

It is pretty much the same as I do for plastic models prior to painting them.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:06   Link #6
MasafumiGotoh

I don't know if I should put my figure in the freezer because the figure has real net tights. Also would cleaning them with water and a mild soap work with my figure? My Mikuru figure has a lot of dust stuck on its ears. Both figures have issues with the bunny ears being sticky and every other part is fine. Makes me want to not display them anymore.

These are the figures I own that have this problem:Haruhi figure by Freeing

Mikuru figure by Freeing

Last edited by MasafumiGotoh; 2012-07-27 at 03:18.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:44   Link #7
dfens

Sticky? Is it sweating because of the heat? I wouldn't put that figure in the freezer just hit with compressed air to loosen the dust and wipe real gently with wet q-tips and it will be fine. Air dry it with a fan and your good to go.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 02:50   Link #8
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasafumiGotoh View Post
I don't know if I should put my figure in the freezer because the figure has real net tights. Also would cleaning them with water and a mild soap work with my figure? My Mikuru figure has a lot of dust stuck on its ears. Both figures have issues with the bunny ears being sticky and every other part is fine. Makes me want to not display them anymore.

Haruhi figure by Freeing

Mikuru figure by Freeing
Well, you can use a air brush (or something similar) to blow the dush of the untouchable/tiny are in your figure.

For other treatment, you can use wet tissue.

Some poeple say that putting a small glass of water near the figure helps, but i dunno about that. Never try it myself.

@vexx
Yeah, i understand it. All my figure has open-air display feature on. So every night i must clean one of my figure... By the time i finish my last figure, i have to start over from the first figure...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime figure, sticky figure