AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 11:30   Link #121
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to this, but I'm hoping jets are really rare or much easier to take down than expected. It often seems like whoever controls the skies, controls the game.

I'll be getting the 360 version, so if any other EU (particularly UK) people want to play, PM me your GamerTag*.

* = Unless you're a whiny 13 year old.
BF has anti-air units too.
Old 2011-09-16, 11:40   Link #122
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Problem with the AA in BF2 was the horrible tracking with missiles. Only bullets worked somewhat nicely, and even then they were hard to shoot down. I just hope they work this time around, as a pro pilot will dominate everything otherwise.

Dedicated AA, here I come. Tunguska preferably. PPPPPPPFBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRR.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:59   Link #123
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to this, but I'm hoping jets are really rare or much easier to take down than expected. It often seems like whoever controls the skies, controls the game.

I'll be getting the 360 version, so if any other EU (particularly UK) people want to play, PM me your GamerTag*.

* = Unless you're a whiny 13 year old.
PC is the way to go !
Old 2011-09-17, 21:57   Link #124
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:26   Link #125
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Just watching that video and it occurs to me... its a game that finally gets to to actually look like FIRE.
Old 2011-09-18, 07:57   Link #126
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Cannot wait for this game. I may actually have to suck it up and buy it at full price, even if I don't want to ever touch multiplayer. If the campaign is long enough, I might buy it on release day.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 08:12   Link #127
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Cannot wait for this game. I may actually have to suck it up and buy it at full price, even if I don't want to ever touch multiplayer. If the campaign is long enough, I might buy it on release day.
How can you even say that? BF is all about MP. SP is just a little bonus, so that console gamers would buy it.
Old 2011-09-18, 16:44   Link #128
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
How can you even say that? BF is all about MP. SP is just a little bonus, so that console gamers would buy it.
I don't like multiplayer...? *shrug*

Gaming is all about the story and immersion to me, and multiplayer, by design, has to sacrifice both of those elements.

Old 2011-09-18, 17:03   Link #129
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm pretty sure that BF3 will provide the immersion, but not so much on story.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 17:11   Link #130
konart

Quote:

Gaming is all about the story and immersion to me, and multiplayer, by design, has to sacrifice both of those elements.
I perfectly understand you, but... BF is all about MP. It never had SP to begin with

Whatever...
Old 2011-09-18, 17:35   Link #131
Asuras
Dictadere~!

During the BFBC2 glory days, it was focused on MP, as opposed to MW2 which (at the time) brought a much better plot/storyline than BF did. IMO anyways.
Old 2011-09-18, 17:43   Link #132
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

Well no problems with that but I still wouldn't get my hopes up on the SP here cause like it's said before BF is all about the MP.
Altho this does look great and I suspect it could give any game thats been doing the SP for years a good run for it's money, I've still got doubts.

But in the end those that do get BF it's pretty much purely for the MP cause thats where this game doesn't disappoint

This game is simply gonna rock!
Old 2011-09-18, 17:58   Link #133
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
During the BFBC2 glory days, it was focused on MP, as opposed to MW2 which (at the time) brought a much better plot/storyline than BF did. IMO anyways.
Pretty much the whole campaign was better lol.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:36   Link #134
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I perfectly understand you, but... BF is all about MP. It never had SP to begin with

Whatever...
Yeah, and that's why I never really played Battlefield games before except for Bad Company (have yet to breakdown and get BC2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well no problems with that but I still wouldn't get my hopes up on the SP here cause like it's said before BF is all about the MP.
Altho this does look great and I suspect it could give any game thats been doing the SP for years a good run for it's money, I've still got doubts.

But in the end those that do get BF it's pretty much purely for the MP cause thats where this game doesn't disappoint

This game is simply gonna rock!
All FPS games anymore focus on MP. I've come to accept that. I don't expect a lot with SP campaigns; just a decent attempt. From what I've seen so far of BF3's SP campaign, it looks like it could be the best in quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
MW was far better than MW2 in terms of story, but MW2 was still half-decent.

Old 2011-09-18, 21:13   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmm, my preference of multiplayer is more towards co-op than pvp, I guess I'm just not a very competitive person

So yeah, I'm a sucker and an idiot for buying FPS for their single player campaign rather than their multiplayer functions.

That said, I've never touched a Battlefield campaign before so I'm walking into this completely new. But from what I've heard they're trying to aim for a more... Authentic(?) experience than the over-the-top action of COD- That's fine and all in theory, but last year MOH wanted to do the same thing and the result, IMO, was decent but nothing really memorable for me, but the moment I started Black Ops' first mission I was totally into the zone with my adrenaline pumping

Realism is nice, but when it comes to gaming you got to have some theatrics
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:45   Link #136
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Tbh, when I hear about how there is no immersion in MP, I have to disagree a little bit (just IMO though, being the BF MP fanboy that I am). I've found that, in both BF2 and BC2 MP, there's huge immersion *at rare times*, which easily triumphs any staged SP. The "Battlefield Moments" so to speak, which only BF MP has.

Working together with your squad while attacking an M-COM, then defending it against an onslaught of the whole enemy team and feeling invincible. And just as the cause seem to be lost, your squad being overrun, dying left and right, your team breaks through their front with tanks and just steamrolls the enemy.

Or working with a buddy, sneaking around the map and sniping/knifing people, or taking a jeep, driving around the map while being chased by a heli.

Or running across the battlefield, throwing medkits and reviving people, while explosions and bullets rain down upon you, bringing victory.

I have hopes for the BF3 campaign though, from what I've seen, though I'm trying not to be hyped about it (but I'll be the first one to admit I'd probably love it). The BC2 campaign was meh. I agree on MW1, that campaign was quite good by FPS standards, but the rest is ****.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 06:34   Link #137
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm, my preference of multiplayer is more towards co-op than pvp, I guess I'm just not a very competitive person

So yeah, I'm a sucker and an idiot for buying FPS for their single player campaign rather than their multiplayer functions.

That said, I've never touched a Battlefield campaign before so I'm walking into this completely new. But from what I've heard they're trying to aim for a more... Authentic(?) experience than the over-the-top action of COD- That's fine and all in theory, but last year MOH wanted to do the same thing and the result, IMO, was decent but nothing really memorable for me, but the moment I started Black Ops' first mission I was totally into the zone with my adrenaline pumping

Realism is nice, but when it comes to gaming you got to have some theatrics
I loved MoH (2010)'s campaign. It was far, far too short, but it was excellent, in my opinion.

Old 2011-09-20, 14:03   Link #138
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

MP beta coming Sept. 29th to Oct. 10th.
Old 2011-09-23, 13:04   Link #139
konart

New teaser:

Old 2011-09-23, 13:50   Link #140
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

YES. More games should use da hippity hoppity music in their teasers.