AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 36 32.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-03, 01:13   Link #121
whitecloud

Haha...16 I guess...i I know someone who is about 30 but have still have a good baby face too...not many but they exist..l
Old 2012-11-03, 01:43   Link #122
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Chu2 pairings so far:
  1. Yuuta x Rikka: I don't know what the fuse with ss analysing and stuffs, obviously those two affections going both way
  2. ShinkaxDekomori: Comfirmed
  3. Kumin x pillow: OTP!!!
  4. Touka X Yumeha: But they divorced D:
Old 2012-11-03, 02:21   Link #123
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Staff comments!
Director/Storyboarder Hiroko Utsumi:
Quote:
Did any of you notice that Rikka, Dekomori, Kumin, and Nibutani were wearing different swimsuits? That was the supervisor’s obsession, not mine! (The punk left Yuuta’s to someone else!)
I somewhat noticed that but dismissed it as a mistake on my pard. Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Yuuka Yoneda: In respect for color coordination, did you think the pink and violet colors around Rikka matched the twilight scenery? I tried to emphasize it. If our photographer hadn't added the wonderful filter they did, do you think it would have that same wonderful atmosphere? I wonder if he was the same C.C for the final pink scene of Hyouka. Anyway, he is right, that filter constructed the atmosphere. I applaud you.
I second that and want to add that adding the violet is crucial. Pink hue alone like Hyouka's final would've made it too cheesy at this point of this anime. They're not there..yet.
Old 2012-11-03, 05:23   Link #124
rulfo

I just noticed something...

Images
This pose, that motion...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This staff sure loves that pose.
Old 2012-11-03, 06:45   Link #125
Skane
Anime Snark

Talk to the hand?

Old 2012-11-03, 07:20   Link #126
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Yuuka Yoneda: In respect for color coordination, did you think the pink and violet colors around Rikka matched the twilight scenery? I tried to emphasize it. If our photographer hadn't added the wonderful filter they did, do you think it would have that same wonderful atmosphere? I wonder if he was the same C.C for the final pink scene of Hyouka. Anyway, he is right, that filter constructed the atmosphere. I applaud you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I second that and want to add that adding the violet is crucial. Pink hue alone like Hyouka's final would've made it too cheesy at this point of this anime. They're not there..yet.
The color designator and coordinator for that episode of Hyouka was Naomi Ishida. It was mostly done by the main staff at KyoAni while this episode was made by Animation DO staffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Haha! Wat!?
Ishihara was quite obstinate about the girls' swimsuits, but he could care less what Yuuta would wear. I do admit to some embellishment of "that punk" but it fit what he was trying to say.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-03, 07:59   Link #127
Gault
inc_mplete

I think this is really a great series

It's good to see Yuutas and Rikkas relationship building up
especially with the studying break scene, where Yuuta did noted Rikka eating alone, with Toukas SMS reinforcing that it's been like this for awhile.
With that comes Yuuta cleaning up after her, in a sense I saw this as Yuuta declaring "I'll take care of you", however its not made official yet and just my speculation so I can be wrong on this

when Rikka said that no one really acknowledged her but Deko and Touka,
I as the viewer felt bad for her and I believe so did Yuutas character
(also at the same time I think some of us can relate to her)

when Yuuta went into his room where Touka and Yumeha were playing
Toukas comment on playing house where she said "Playing house normally isn't realistic" etc, guess it was a situation from a real life experience her and Rikka had, so I agree with everyone elses speculation on Rikka & Toukas parents are divorced,

also when Yumeha said "I'm raising those kids by myself" Touka kinda gritted her teeth at that comment, but played on with a reply
I think Yumeha hit a nerve or something there..

the "Wish I were you" part from Touka to Yuuta after saying he put her to bed, guess Touka is somewhat respectful that Yuuta can tolerate Rikka?

Shinka and Yuutas past seems to haunt them alot but something keeps them staying within the group, cause both have the choice to pack up and leave,

as for the end scene with Rikkas smile, wasn't affected
however I do see Rikka taking a liking to Yuuta ALOT more after that
especially with Yuuta bringing out DFM for her, I just wish they were a couple already..

anyway, thats my opinion on what I've seen so far

Each ep has been a 10 for me, I haven't been disappointed for any moment
Old 2012-11-03, 11:59   Link #128
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
PERSONAL THOUGHTS!

One aspect I think everyone has overlooked is that we see Rikka being alone and sad AFTER Dekomori reveals she's at the top of her class. Rikka obviously has problems with math, but seeing someone else playing along, calling her "Master," and who is younger than her really impacted her mental state. That's why she tried to do good deeds instead of having her weakness impact everyone else in the circle. For some reason she sees Yuuta as being similar (likely due to seeing the Dark Flame Master on day 1 of the school year) and she feels a connection with him deeper than just playing around. That's why she'll let him assist her in preparing for the test (and why we see her go "What should I do?!" not only once, but twice just to him) when she puts up a front to everyone else. It's very subtle and yet so revealing about her.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-03, 14:28   Link #129
halibonga

HELL YEAH!!!!!! bout time chuuni got a sub forum
Old 2012-11-03, 21:11   Link #130
Mubyoshi

What is this madness!? It's been YEARS since I've seen an anime girl this cute!
Old 2012-11-03, 23:47   Link #131
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
I think this is really a great series

It's good to see Yuutas and Rikkas relationship building up
especially with the studying break scene, where Yuuta did noted Rikka eating alone, with Toukas SMS reinforcing that it's been like this for awhile.
With that comes Yuuta cleaning up after her, in a sense I saw this as Yuuta declaring "I'll take care of you", however its not made official yet and just my speculation so I can be wrong on this

when Rikka said that no one really acknowledged her but Deko and Touka,
I as the viewer felt bad for her and I believe so did Yuutas character
(also at the same time I think some of us can relate to her)

when Yuuta went into his room where Touka and Yumeha were playing
Toukas comment on playing house where she said "Playing house normally isn't realistic" etc, guess it was a situation from a real life experience her and Rikka had, so I agree with everyone elses speculation on Rikka & Toukas parents are divorced,

also when Yumeha said "I'm raising those kids by myself" Touka kinda gritted her teeth at that comment, but played on with a reply
I think Yumeha hit a nerve or something there..

the "Wish I were you" part from Touka to Yuuta after saying he put her to bed, guess Touka is somewhat respectful that Yuuta can tolerate Rikka?

Shinka and Yuutas past seems to haunt them alot but something keeps them staying within the group, cause both have the choice to pack up and leave,

as for the end scene with Rikkas smile, wasn't affected
however I do see Rikka taking a liking to Yuuta ALOT more after that
especially with Yuuta bringing out DFM for her, I just wish they were a couple already..

anyway, thats my opinion on what I've seen so far

Each ep has been a 10 for me, I haven't been disappointed for any moment
I think her envy is that Yuuta is able to relate to Rikka in a way she can't and bond with her.
Old 2012-11-04, 09:54   Link #132
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I think her envy is that Yuuta is able to relate to Rikka in a way she can't and bond with her.
This, and it comes right after he tells her that he left Rikka asleep.

To compare, Yuuta's relationship with Rikka is such that she feels safe and comfortable enough to drift off to sleep in his company. Meanwhile, her sister's presence at night causes Rikka to rappel down the side of the building to escape from her.
Old 2012-11-04, 10:53   Link #133
Witheirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post

or she is jealous...
Old 2012-11-04, 10:56   Link #134
The Green One

Rikka is Touka's family and possibly the only left she has any sort of real contact with, but with their poor relationship they can't really bond right now, but despite Touka's behavior I'm sure she actually loves her sister very much and wishes she could do something for Rikka but is at a loss to what, hence her envy toward Yuuta.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:52   Link #135
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

overkilll!!!!

that smile in last scene is unfair!!! my glucose level hit maximum and I need treatment right now

lack of Nibutani and Dekomori... but I satisfied because of Rikka's honesty and moeness in this episode...
this is the best from Chuunibyou so far.... laughing so much in temple scene and Dekomori is unexpectedly a genius... I also love how Nibutani and Yuuta are in synchronization when they denied their Chuunibyou's side

lastly... ah! Zero voice.... I miss that...
Old 2012-11-05, 15:22   Link #136
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Nibutani and Yuuta are meant for each other, they are the same orange split in half.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-06, 11:35   Link #137
HandofFate

I don't get why Mori Summer hit Tsuyuri when she remarked the spilled milk smells.

I found Dekomori annoying, but this episode made her kind of enjoyable.

Also, how does japanese test scoring work?
Is it standard 0-100 scale? I see scores of 52-62 a lot, and in US system, that's like failing. Yet I see numbers of 42 and below appear a lot in anime. I mean most of the time it might be for comedic effect to show how bad they are at it, but the low numbers like that seem really wierd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
This, and it comes right after he tells her that he left Rikka asleep.

To compare, Yuuta's relationship with Rikka is such that she feels safe and comfortable enough to drift off to sleep in his company. Meanwhile, her sister's presence at night causes Rikka to rappel down the side of the building to escape from her.
That, and also I took it to me, that due to her job responsibilities, she can't be there for Rikka when Rikka needs her. I say that's probably why Rikka rejects her sister so much. I mean its embellished by her syndrome, but there's obviously some kind of barrier or wall Rikka is placing between her and her sister.

Plus there's probably something behind the 'divore-play' the sister was playing with Yuuta's little sister as well.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-07 at 00:51. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-11-06, 12:02   Link #138
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't get why Mori Summer hit Tsuyuri when she remarked the spilled milk smells.

Also, how does japanese test scoring work?
Is it standard 0-100 scale? I see scores of 52-62 a lot, and in US system, that's like failing. Yet I see numbers of 42 and below appear a lot in anime. I mean most of the time it might be for comedic effect to show how bad they are at it, but the low numbers like that seem really wierd.
It's the standard 0-100 scale. And high school isn't easy, you know? Not in Japan, anyway.

As for why Mori hit Tsuyuri, I guess it's because Tsuyuri, a senpai, was agreeing with a little kid, thus angering Mori (Why that is so, though, is beyond me).
-----------------------------
Anyway, wow, do I really enjoy this series. I am so hyped up for it. Watched all 5 episodes already and waiting for more!

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-11-06, 13:52   Link #139
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Kumin was basically condoning Sanae's behavior, which Shinka finds childish and very annoying. The way she sees it, Kumin is an upperclassman, and thus should act like one. Kumin's stance was "Who cares? it's fun!", and that angered Shinka, And as we've seen before, she tends to react quite violently when angered.
Old 2012-11-06, 14:05   Link #140
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Sasuga Mori Summer...

I wouldn't mind getting hit by her at all ^^

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Closed Thread