AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-03, 23:13   Link #19321
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
You're thinking psychosomatic syndrome, and not necessarily. There are a number of things that feel similar to a higher level of pressure inside your head... high blood pressure can do it, for one thing. Certain types of migraines can feel that way as well. Not to mention a host of other, not as benign things.
I would know about migraines.

I have them. ALOT OF THE TIME.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 23:40   Link #19322
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
I would know about migraines.

I have them. ALOT OF THE TIME.
So do I, but that's not the point. Not all migraines are created equal. I used to have some that didn't even involve pain... just weirdness.

Anyways, we're getting even more off-base then usual here, so... umm...

If Kyo-Ani made a season 3 that actually included Disappearance, would you still be too disgusted from Endless Eight to give it a chance?

Alternatively, if they created one or more episodes involving the genderbent characters, would you watch it? (I figure ignoring the wishes of the creator is the next logical step after taking a s*** on the fanbase, so...)
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:08   Link #19323
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi
Quote:
If Kyo-Ani made a season 3 that actually included Disappearance, would you still be too disgusted from Endless Eight to give it a chance?

Alternatively, if they created one or more episodes involving the genderbent characters, would you watch it? (I figure ignoring the wishes of the creator is the next logical step after taking a s*** on the fanbase, so...)
I was never really disgusted with Endless Eight, to be perfectly honest. Haruhi is Haruhi; it's one of the best darn anime series I've seen, and I love it even today. So to answer your first question: Hell yeah, I'll watch it.

Besides, getting upset over a (wonderful) anime series because of something that is, was, and always will be out of your control is silly to me. I don't like being angry, and I'm sure most people don't either. I'll wait to get angry for an important reason. A bunch of Endless Eight episodes is not that reason.

A seitenkan series would be interesting. I don't know if I can really say if I'd watch it or not. I would absolutely give it a try. Whether or not I stick with it depends on whether or not I enjoy it after previewing it.
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:29   Link #19324
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Yay, Kaisos is not dying!

But, if I actually think about, I know what's wrong with your head. Maybe you're just going insane. It's the Greentext!!
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 07:42   Link #19325
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post

But, if I actually think about, I know what's wrong with your head. Maybe you're just going insane. It's the Greentext!!
That would be an interesting conclusion.
Old 2009-09-04, 09:16   Link #19326
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
I'd be wondering why they decided to skip over it for the still-to-be-aired Season Two.

Quote:
I think most of the people here have gotten attached to the characters as Kaisos and our other writers have written them. KyoAni would probably have their own idea of what bent versions of the cast would be like, or alternately go with something from Japan. I see it going over worse than Endless Eight did.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 09:32   Link #19327
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I think most of the people here have gotten attached to the characters as Kaisos and our other writers have written them. KyoAni would probably have their own idea of what bent versions of the cast would be like, or alternately go with something from Japan. I see it going over worse than Endless Eight did.
This is a good point. After more then one year with our own version of the characters, something completly different would be very weird. After all, everything would be based on the Japanese fandom, not our fandom. The names, to say one thing, Haruhiko, worse, Itsuki(with a 'hime' as kanji), even worse, Kyonko being called with the 'ko', as is in most doujins.

Yeah, I am kinda afraid such adaption. I would watch, of course, but would be weird.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 09:40   Link #19328
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
That would be an interesting conclusion.
First the King in Yellow, then the House of Leaves, and now the Greentext.

Does the entire universe want us to go insane through colour?

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 10:18   Link #19329
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHydra View Post

Greentext seems to spawn insanity on 4chan that other imageboard at least. Or at least the "implications" of statements..
Old 2009-09-04, 10:28   Link #19330
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I'd be wondering why they decided to skip over it for the still-to-be-aired Season Two.

Actually, it might be interesting to see a different interpretation of the gender-bended characters. Personally, if I didn't like KyoAni's take, I'd simply consider the Anime Suki version to be canon. On the flip side, if I really liked KyoAni's take, I might consider their version to be canon.

Also, I have to disagree with Heatth on Haruhiko... that name sounds really cool to me. I dislike leaving the spelling of Itsuki's name the same from male to female, though.
Old 2009-09-04, 10:30   Link #19331
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Greentext seems to spawn insanity on 4chan that other imageboard at least. Or at least the "implications" of statements..
Wait, it's being used there too now?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 10:37   Link #19332
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, I have to disagree with Heatth on Haruhiko... that name sounds really cool to me.
I actually like Haruhiko as a name. But is quinda ridiculuos cause sound as Haruhi+ko, like Kyon+ko=Kyonko. (the right way to write would be Haru+hiko, actually).

Also, 'Haruki' appear bettern in a logo, cause it has the same number of letters(kanas) as 'Haruhi'.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:08   Link #19333
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:

If Disappearance showed up next season, I'd definitely give it a chance. Endless Eight annoyed me, and it was tiring after a while...but I downloaded every episode as soon as it came out, and I tried to watch the justin.tv stream thing when it aired. So I guess that shows just how disgusting I thought Endless Eight was.

I think the genderbending thing would work out better as a DVD extra or an OVA or something similar. At this point, I'd rather just see the normal episodes themselves, but KyoAni seems to have a little bit of a problem with doing that.

It would be interesting to see how KyoAni thinks the characters would be genderbent. I'd rather see what I guess the Animesuki versions of the characters are, instead of the Japanese versions...but then again, KyoAni might be able to come up with something completely different. They could end up using the scary version of Kyonko, the one that looks just like Kyon but with tits and a vagina.

If they used a more loli-looking Kyonko, would that stop the debates about cup size how tall she is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post

I think the phrasing might actually be, "Maybe you're just going more insane."

But really, if half of the people on this thread went crazy or got crazier, would it be noticeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHydra View Post

Dammit, now I want to reread House of Leaves. It will make me wary of greyish-black walls for like a month straight, but still. It'd be better than reading John Dies at the End for the eightieth time in a row, too...
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:37   Link #19334
Patrick Twoheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post

If they used a more loli-looking Kyonko, would that stop the debates about cup size how tall she is?
Well I doubt it, it will probably just infuriate even more the loosing side xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post

But really, if half of the people on this thread went crazy or got crazier, would it be noticeable?
o.O weren't they already crazy, I haven't read even 1/9 of this thread and I hardly believe they could be more crazy...
Patrick Twoheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:40   Link #19335
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I take pride in my insanity. Normality is dull and lifeless.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:45   Link #19336
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the rest of S2 is going to be Sighs and what's left over chronologically from S1.

Alternatively, if you were referring to when this hypothetical season might be aired, I wasn't implying right now... more sometime in the (relatively) near future.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:56   Link #19337
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Obviously that went over your head...
Old 2009-09-04, 14:51   Link #19338
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Wait, it's being used there too now?
They've always had greentext. Just of a different shade of green from what we've been using.

>slowpoke.jpg
Old 2009-09-04, 14:53   Link #19339
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

And I can't read either bit of greentext you used.
Old 2009-09-04, 15:09   Link #19340
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
And I can't read either bit of greentext you used.
ಠ_ಠ

You lost me.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan