AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-24, 09:23   Link #121
Azncoke123

After reading this chapter, how does the Balance of the Three Powers really play out? Sure there might be High End NW Captains to help him, but their is MORE THAN HALF of the Schubukai, and 3 Admirals, and Sengoku. There is no way WB with the help of 43 other Captains can even this odd. Hell if Whitebeard was seriously that strong he could of made Ace PK already.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:52   Link #122
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
After reading this chapter, how does the Balance of the Three Powers really play out? Sure there might be High End NW Captains to help him, but their is MORE THAN HALF of the Schubukai, and 3 Admirals, and Sengoku. There is no way WB with the help of 43 other Captains can even this odd. Hell if Whitebeard was seriously that strong he could of made Ace PK already.
1) Its pretty obvious now that the balance isn't as clear cut as something like Yonkou = Marines = 7Buki..this isn't maths. In fact, I believe it more to be like Yonkou = Marines + 7buki. But the power balance thing is a very very rough approximation..not meant to be taken at face value.

2) I also think its obvious that strength isn't the only factor in finding Raftel and conquering the Grandline. Its possible that the Polyngraphs will play a large role as well.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:54   Link #123
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
In page 12-13, on the left, is that Pandaman ship I see? >;3
Also, by the look of things, I'm guessing WB pirates are outnumbered by 4 more ships, shichibukai, 3 admirals, Sengoku and somewhere around 100k of marine troops; however, WB's main ships are at an advantage point.
Old 2009-07-24, 09:59   Link #124
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!! there really are no words to discribe what this chapter is. EPIC and so much raw emotion. OMG!! i was so nearly in tears just reading that. jaw dropped and i got goosbumps.

what a chapter. ODA Sensai is just amazing. WoW. and i love the comment WB makes at the end. "my beloved son is still in One Piece"

and it's nice to hear that Ace had his own crew. Spade Pirates...

p.s. how cute was Luffy when he was little.
Old 2009-07-24, 10:09   Link #125
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Great chapter. Whitebeard appeared.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-07-24, 10:25   Link #126
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Another epic chapter this week folks

Since we've already had Usopp's, Sanji's,Franky's and Robin's cover stories there's Nami's, Zorro's, Chopper's and Brook's left. If they all take 2 weeks thats 8 week's of cover stories. Meaning this fight will possibly last for that long as well.
Old 2009-07-24, 10:28   Link #127
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Awesome Chapter
just Luffy need to come and more there will be more Epic
Old 2009-07-24, 10:34   Link #128
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I swear if one of the next chapters has a friggin HUGE pirate ship coming from the sky (possible carried by some wind fruit user) and crashing head-on on Marineford making a gigantic impact on the isle, this will be the most epic chapter of manga.

Not that it would ever happen but one can always fantasize.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-07-24 at 10:51.
Old 2009-07-24, 10:48   Link #129
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Damn. i never fully comprehended what angering the "ruler of the seas" really meant. I only thought the whitebeard pirates would come to rescue ace. But of course whitebeard would have a ton of new world allies(maybe silver medalist ones)given his voyages across the seas. This is definitely going to be one of the most epic fights i will ever witness in my manga reading days.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:00   Link #130
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Now it's all just to see what Whitebeard does. I hope he has some good long-range attacks with that Halberd.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:02   Link #131
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I swear if one of the next chapters has a friggin HUGE pirate ship coming from the sky (possible carried by some wind fruit user) and crashing head-on on Marineford making a gigantic impact on the isle, this will be the most epic chapter of manga.

Not that it would ever happen but one can always fantasize.
Would be hilariously epic if Enel were to show up now with his army of toy soldiers.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:03   Link #132
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

That was a really good chapter! I can't believe that were finally here and the fights about to get started!

After seeing all of these pirates I can't wait when the Straw Hat crew get back together and travels the new world.

I also wonder what kind of cool powers some of these pirates from the new world have?
I also wonder if that technology white beard and his crew used to get in was docter Vegapunks technology?
Old 2009-07-24, 12:06   Link #133
valk0v

The ships are probably coated (after all sabaody arch isn't far away).
And what Ace mean by "even you guys came" - and Sengoku telling about Spade pirates ?
The NW Captains may be, just may be are Ace old nakama
Old 2009-07-24, 12:10   Link #134
kari-no-sugata

Maybe someone already pointed this out already but I missed it - when Luffy first meets Ace, Luffy already has his Straw Hat and already has that scar under his left eye. In other words, Luffy had already met Shanks before meeting Ace.

I wonder if Shanks and Ace have ever met?
Old 2009-07-24, 12:34   Link #135
viperx116

Those pirates from the New World actually look like pirates -- complete with pirate hats.
Old 2009-07-24, 13:06   Link #136
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I wonder if Shanks and Ace have ever met?

Most likely, yes. Ace could have met him any time during his stint as captain of the Spade pirates (or perhaps shortly after joining Whitebeard). Plus, thanks to these recent revelations, it now seems to be implied that Shanks was quite aware of Ace's lineage during his conversation with Whitebeard.....

Anyways, I'm al ittle late in saying this, but that list of pirate captains and their bounties from that earlier spoiler summary were fake. It was confirmed by aohige at the AP forums (though that doesn't necessarily mean that the possibility of any of them having a 600+ million bounty doesn't exist).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
Those pirates from the New World actually look like pirates -- complete with pirate hats.

Yeah, I pointed this out myself earlier in the thread. Anyways, after checking out the raw, my favorite design is still the guy with the lightning-shaped mustache (who I'm pretty sure is Makugai). After him is that dude with the monkey on his back (Doma?). That "Whirlpool Spider" captain guy sorta reminds me of Basil Hawkins with a bald patch, heh. And yeah, I'm definitely sure now that the old lady pirate is Lola's mom..... their faces look quite similar. I'm still crossing my fingers for at least one of these guys to be an Awakened Zoan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think Sabaody is the only place to get ships coated.
If this were the case, then the crossing of the red line would be a one way route and Whitebeard wouldn't even be there.

Apparently, the resin that's used to coat the ships is exclusive to Sabaody. Remember when Hachi told Luffy that the bubbles that contain the resin will pop if they leave the island (at least on the surface, anyway)? The resin obviously lasts longer underwater (since that's the only way for pirates to safely reach Merman island), but the coating most likely disappears after resurfacing at the New World. So either Whitebeard and his pirate armada rushed through Mariejoa to reach the GL's first half, or they simply took a longer path to reach Marineford.....
Old 2009-07-24, 13:21   Link #137
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Apparently, the resin that's used to coat the ships is exclusive to Sabaody. Remember when Hachi told Luffy that the bubbles that contain the resin will pop if they leave the island (at least on the surface, anyway)? The resin obviously lasts longer underwater (since that's the only way for pirates to safely reach Merman island), but the coating most likely disappears after resurfacing at the New World. So either Whitebeard and his pirate armada rushed through Mariejoa to reach the GL's first half, or they simply took a longer path to reach Marineford.....
The bubbles can be found at mermaid island as well and who knows maybe you only need to coat the ships once, and whitebeard coated it long ago?
Old 2009-07-24, 13:25   Link #138
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
WHO exactly did open the gates of justice?
Just watch it will be somehow sanji again.

I am seriously wondering when and how luffy will reunite with the straw hats half of them aren't even in the grandline.

Quote:
But there is still the issue with new world natives, that want to reach the GL's first half: How should they do it, if they can't coat their ships?
Non pirates can just cross the holy city (provided the application gets accepted).
Old 2009-07-24, 13:26   Link #139
ellifeedn
Thinker

This chapter is awesome and the next several should be as well.

I think that each coating is only good for one trip under the water, meaning that once you surface you have to get another coating in order to go under again.
Old 2009-07-24, 13:31   Link #140
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
I am seriously wondering when and how luffy will reunite with the straw hats half of them aren't even in the grandline.

Just Robin and Chopper, actually. Nami may be on a sky island, but she's technically still in the Grand Line, as well.

And as for who opened the gates of justice..... y'know, I was actually tempted to say that it was Kuma, but he's clearly standing there with the other Shichibukai. So I'm going to guess that Blackbeard may have sent Lafitte to Marineford to open the gates. After all, he was able to fly straight to Mariejoa undetected, so why not the marine HQ?

Oh, and I have a sneaking suspicion that neither Luffy OR Whitebeard will be the one to rescue Ace in the end..... it'll be Buggy. I can easily imagine him clumsily knocking Ace off those gallows under the eyes of all those warring pirates and marines. Hey, Buggy's already looking at a life without peace now that the marines pinned him as Luffy's acomplice in the Impel Down jailbreak, so why not have him be the one to save Roger's son from certain death?

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-24 at 14:48.
Closed Thread