AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 11:07   Link #821
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

from what i know bern stated that she was bored from her previous game if we assume that it was higurashi then it would make sense ... But thats just some theory made by me which may not be right
Old 2008-09-26, 11:26   Link #822
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
well, according to SealedTime's theory, perhaps Bern just playing around Miotsukushi/Matsuribayashi (if she could restart the timeline and play and play it over again), which she could win many times. It just my thoughts after all...
Old 2008-09-26, 11:29   Link #823
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since bernkastel is unable to determine the "dice rolls", trying to loop the "happy ends" is just as foolish as trying to spend all your money your gain from lottery again on it.
Chances for this happening are extremely low for one occurence, so trying to do it over and over would end rather on a very disastrous note.
Old 2008-09-26, 11:34   Link #824
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

so wad do u think then? The period between finally conquering higurashi to visitin beato... Wad did bern do?
Old 2008-09-26, 11:45   Link #825
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

We don't know, maybe during that period she's doing something that has nothing to do with Higurashi's worlds.
BTW, what makes you think the 100 year war between Bern and 34 is the struggle of Rika against Takano ?
Old 2008-09-26, 11:53   Link #826
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

its highly suggested that bernkastel is rika and 34 is takano from the umineko novel of course this is NOT confirmed but it is most likely to be true
Old 2008-09-26, 11:59   Link #827
tobiast88
No patience for fools

"Not confirmed" ? Do you need the evidence thrown at your head ?
LambdaDelta, in greek numerology, is 30+4=34
Takano's name is 三四, Miyo, meaning 3, 4 in japanese.
Rika's full name in japanese is 古手梨花, フルデリカ , Furuderika, which is the exact same pronunciation in japanese as frederika. Bernkastel comes from the wine Rika likes.
LD looks exactly like a child-Takano, (and Bern looks just like Rika), and she says she fought Bern a long time ago, winning all the time, but then lost.
How does this not point to LD being Takano and Bern being Rika ?
Old 2008-09-26, 12:05   Link #828
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

even with all the evidence present if ryu does not say anything nothing is confirmed but i do believe in that just trying to show that it may not be true
Old 2008-09-26, 12:06   Link #829
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Its too obvious to be truth. All the hints point there. Naming, physical resemblance and character quirks are all there. The characters themselves even hint it. Obviously, by all anime standards, this is all a trap.

[/snarky]
Old 2008-09-26, 12:07   Link #830
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

still we are assuming that it is true ... Dun be mistaken i believe it is true but i'm just trying to show the other side of the coin
Old 2008-09-26, 14:36   Link #831
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
i hope they do clear up on who fredrika really is...im dying to know...
Well... I'm not that sure myself either, but... Frederica Bernkastel is like Rika's other half, born from the labyrinth, always watching Rika's struggle and making poems about them. Frederica cannot enter the real world, she can only wander around, watching. (It's quiet hard to explain) But I'm not either sure if Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel is the same persons... I would guess so but since Bernkastel is a witch I would still not belive that Bernkastel and Frederica are the same persons... I guess Bernkastel just happens to be very similar to Frederica and Rika... This is so confusing But I don't think that much will be explained about Higurashi in Umineko, since Umineko is a whole new story, with almost no similarites to Higurashi (I actually think that Umineko was better than Higurashi^^)
Old 2008-09-26, 17:39   Link #832
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

@tobiast88: All of those are hints, not evidence. Ryukishi hasn't said anything yet, so it's just implied, not confirmed.

I also believe that Rika = Bernkastel and Takano = Lambdadelta. But the point is, even if that's the truth, it doesn't mean that "the game" between them is Higurashi world. I think Higurashi world is just where they're born, and after that, during the period of 900 years they're having an other game that lasted 100 years. Because the way Bern talking about the "old me" in Umineko makes me imagining that's a painful experience, not a game.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:47   Link #833
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
"Not confirmed" ? Do you need the evidence thrown at your head ?
LambdaDelta, in greek numerology, is 30+4=34
Takano's name is 三四, Miyo, meaning 3, 4 in japanese.
Rika's full name in japanese is 古手梨花, フルデリカ , Furuderika, which is the exact same pronunciation in japanese as frederika. Bernkastel comes from the wine Rika likes.
LD looks exactly like a child-Takano, (and Bern looks just like Rika), and she says she fought Bern a long time ago, winning all the time, but then lost.
How does this not point to LD being Takano and Bern being Rika ?
In Hidden tea party in Umineko's ep 2, Bern said she'd used to say "Mii~"& "Mi-pah", perhaps that make some people (include me) think Bern from Rika/Frederica.
But if it's about 34 is Takano, i'd have no any ideas about that. btw, i still don't believe 34 is Takano as well (except her appearance, i haven't still seen any resemblances yet)
Old 2008-09-26, 18:14   Link #834
tobiast88
No patience for fools

-> TheForsaken: It's not painful enough to die over and over in a horrible way, watching your friends go mad and murdering each other, losing your very sense of self as you can't even remember any more which variation of which world it is, knowing you're sentenced to death anyway?
Old 2008-09-26, 18:51   Link #835
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Of course it's painful, so that's the reason I think she will not refer to it as a "game", the game between Bern and 34 may be something else.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:18   Link #836
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
so wad do u think then? The period between finally conquering higurashi to visitin beato... Wad did bern do?
Based on the 52nd piece, I'm guessing she just played around creating various situations she found interesting like the ones she outlines in it (e.g. creating a world where Takano is madly in love with Tomitake, one where Akasaka was seduced by Takano, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Of course it's painful, so that's the reason I think she will not refer to it as a "game", the game between Bern and 34 may be something else.
Beatrice considers what she's doing a game, but I think that Battler and the others would probably consider it painful as well.

And λδ's description of how their game ended mirrors Matsuribayashi-hen: "......W-well, last time, by mistake I got helpless when I said that she could advance her pieces from their places as she likes, and that Bern girl, she started in a condition where she made aaall the pawns she had in hands invade my castle without any mercy!!"
Old 2008-09-26, 19:22   Link #837
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Well... I'm not that sure myself either, but... Frederica Bernkastel is like Rika's other half, born from the labyrinth, always watching Rika's struggle and making poems about them. Frederica cannot enter the real world, she can only wander around, watching. (It's quiet hard to explain)
Bernkastel pays a visit to Miyoko, so she can appear in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
But I'm not either sure if Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel is the same persons... I would guess so but since Bernkastel is a witch I would still not belive that Bernkastel and Frederica are the same persons...
Rika calls herself a hundred year-old witch. And she names herself 'Bernkastel' in Saikoroshi-hen.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:29   Link #838
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sounds like λδ's turned tsundere (just a tad) for Bern. Or something.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:30   Link #839
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

@Eryops: So your point is to 34, Higurashi world is a game but to Bern it is not, right ?
It makes sense
Old 2008-09-26, 19:33   Link #840
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Sounds like λδ's turned tsundere (just a tad) for Bern. Or something.
Yes. Despite vowing to defeat her, she warns the protagonist that she'll never forgive him if he makes Bernkastel cry.

Beatrice also comments on her being tsundere.
Closed Thread