AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 22:07   Link #321
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
ZeKeR: Which reminds me, not only you'll get the radiation.

There's also the risk of EMPs. Which makes me wonder, can IS get affected by it?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:26   Link #322
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
ZeKeR: Which reminds me, not only you'll get the radiation.

There's also the risk of EMPs. Which makes me wonder, can IS get affected by it?
thats true... unless every IS has ECM's set in the power armor. if the shields are only kinetic barriers then im not so sure if a nuke can be survivable for an IS operator
Old 2011-01-23, 23:59   Link #323
cyberdemon

when does Tabane first appear in the novel? I've become really interested in her from all this talk about her.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:19   Link #324
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so chemical isnt too far away. i doubt a nuke since if you are NEAR the blast, then you will be experiencing blast, radiation, and some laws of physics (sorry but didnt take it)
Ugh... you guys are reading too much into the technology in this LN. This is MF's Light Novel we're talking about, which content are usually lighter than Dengeki's LN(such as Index). No one ever ask about how the funnel in Gundam fly right? or even where the hell those Gundam get the power they needed to move that long. Well, it also applied here. The absolute defense barrier is a plot device that is inserted to keep no pilot in the novel get killed, whether it's from a nuke bomb or IS weaponry. In the first place, how can you even explain technology behind a flying armor which core have consciousness(Byaku Shiki's consciousness is in the form of a little girl and it spoke with Ichika in his subconscious before Byaku Shiki "evolved" into his 2nd shift form). I'm sure once there's a weapon that can breach "absolute defense barrier", there's going to be another plot device like the IS' consciousness is protecting the pilot's life using other kind of skill or something.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:27   Link #325
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, pardon me for suddenly asking about that EMP thing though.

But in the first place I'm into this series for Ichika and his harem circle XD. It wouldn't hurt to discuss about the technology in IS, but I'd rather not dwell too much about it and talk about more Ichika + harem antics

Also: Byakku Shiki's core has a consciousness in the form of a little girl!? Oh boy, imagine the implications it can bring.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:37   Link #326
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Ugh... you guys are reading too much into the technology in this LN. This is MF's Light Novel we're talking about, which content are usually lighter than Dengeki's LN(such as Index). No one ever ask about how the funnel in Gundam fly right? or even where the hell those Gundam get the power they needed to move that long. Well, it also applied here. The absolute defense barrier is a plot device that is inserted to keep no pilot in the novel get killed, whether it's from a nuke bomb or IS weaponry. In the first place, how can you even explain technology behind a flying armor which core have consciousness(Byaku Shiki's consciousness is in the form of a little girl and it spoke with Ichika in his subconscious before Byaku Shiki "evolved" into his 2nd shift form). I'm sure once there's a weapon that can breach "absolute defense barrier", there's going to be another plot device like the IS' consciousness is protecting the pilot's life using other kind of skill or something.
This hasn't stopped a mecha board from finding ways to defeat an IS with the least amount of overkill as possible. I remembered a topic that I started somewhere that involving pitting mechs from Armored Core against IS.
Old 2011-01-24, 02:08   Link #327
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

IS can be defeated since once it enter "absolute barrier defense", the pilot will be unconscious and the IS will stop operating, which basically it's defeated anyway since it then can be transported elsewhere. The barrier only prevent the pilot from getting killed, not to prevent an IS from being defeated.
Old 2011-01-24, 02:39   Link #328
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
IS can be defeated since once it enter "absolute barrier defense", the pilot will be unconscious and the IS will stop operating, which basically it's defeated anyway since it then can be transported elsewhere. The barrier only prevent the pilot from getting killed, not to prevent an IS from being defeated.
so thats why... if ever an IS was seen in a battlefield... it will take a lot of casualties and heavy guns just to knock out a single IS
Old 2011-01-24, 04:53   Link #329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Skimming through the tech thread, I find that IS technology are way too Convenient and far too powerful.

I mean, i can live with powerful- size isn't proportional, but convenient just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-01-24 at 05:06.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 07:14   Link #330
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

well, like I said, this is MF's LN we're talking about. Don't read about it too much. Just think of them as extremely technologically advanced tank or fighter jet that have a pilot protection protocol that won't let the pilot die.

Continuing from last summary

Spoiler for vol 6 chapter 3 part 2:

There's still a little part of chapter 3 about the match, but I think I'll stop here for today. I'll try to finish up tomorrow =P
Old 2011-01-24, 08:19   Link #331
zephyr325

If the TVA follows the LN correctly, here is what's gonna happen in EP04

Spoiler for Possible EP04 story:

Last edited by zephyr325; 2011-01-24 at 12:13.
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 08:33   Link #332
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for thanks zephyr:
Old 2011-01-24, 08:53   Link #333
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Thanks zephyr

Eagerly await episode 4
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 09:19   Link #334
Maverick05

Thank you Zephir and Kuroishinigami.

Your summaries are deeply appreciated!!!

Just wondering why Laura decided to dress cute instead of going for the wonderbra or fakeboobies way a la Baka no Test!Minami.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 09:35   Link #335
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Charlotte choose the dress for her. She's still oblivious to normal life so both sexy clothes and cute clothes is most likely chosen either by Charlotte or influenced by her ex-underling in Germany.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:46   Link #336
zephyr325

Quote:
Charlotte choose the dress for her. She's still oblivious to normal life so both sexy clothes and cute clothes is most likely chosen either by Charlotte or influenced by her ex-underling in Germany.
Laura seems to retain the position of the commanding officer of Schwarz Hase, even after her transfer. The 20-something-year-old lieutenant (with serious misconception about Japanese culture due to addiction to girls' manga) appears to be just an acting commander during Laura's absence.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:51   Link #337
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Laura seems to retain the position of the commanding officer of Schwarz Hase, even after her transfer. The 20-something-year-old lieutenant (with serious misconception about Japanese culture due to addiction to girls' manga) appears to be just an acting commander during Laura's absence.
If Laura is a commanding officer, which is her rank in the military?

Last edited by Belgaesh; 2011-01-24 at 12:26.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 12:10   Link #338
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
If Laura is a commanding officer, which is her rank in the military?
Well, it's not specified, but since her second-in-command appears to have the rank of captain(as in Army) it is probable that Laura outranks her...
Old 2011-01-24, 12:58   Link #339
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Thanks to the summaries I know now that that gauntlet in the 1st ep preview battle, neutralizes energy based weapons.
But can it do more then that, because if neutralizing is the only thing it can do it's more of a counter-weapon instead of a defensive or attack weapon.
Does it also do something else like the Gurann from Code Geass, where it can concentrated fire or use a area burst.

And just having one function wel seems kind of disappointing, because gauntless based weapons are just freaking awesome hands down.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 13:56   Link #340
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
Thanks to the summaries I know now that that gauntlet in the 1st ep preview battle, neutralizes energy based weapons.
But can it do more then that, because if neutralizing is the only thing it can do it's more of a counter-weapon instead of a defensive or attack weapon.
Does it also do something else like the Gurann from Code Geass, where it can concentrated fire or use a area burst.

And just having one function wel seems kind of disappointing, because gauntless based weapons are just freaking awesome hands down.
Spoiler for Answer:

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen