AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 15:27   Link #161
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
The only disappointment for KoF XIII is the final boss design. Another naked man?

Well, it seems that the ending somewhat sad...

KoF XIII Final Boss Video

SPOILERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqISeeC_oA

It seems that muscleman isn't final boss.
Yet another impossibly cheap boss eh? I wonder who in the design department originally thought up the idea of bosses you have to hit a hundred times just to chip off half of their life bar while they only have to get one good hit on you to do the same. At least they don't seem to recover much of their life bar after a K.O.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:36   Link #162
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well KOF is infamous for insane bosses since the beginning and they actually designed those bosses to irritate players.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 16:17   Link #163
Rayneing
Trombe!

Yeah, bosses like that exist pretty much to frustrate players into trying to beat them - and thus, put more quarters into the machine. Saiki actually looks like he'd be pretty interesting if he was playable, especially because of that overhead fireball. Dark Ash is somewhat lulzy, I love how the qcf+A/B/C/D fireballs stay in place pretty much forever.
Old 2010-07-14, 17:01   Link #164
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I actually love the challenge of SNK bosses ^_^;;

This looks so awesome, I will be putting in some major money into this before I head home in the next couple weeks :P
Old 2010-07-15, 08:20   Link #165
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am actually disappointed with Dark Ash as a boss, it's like Noob Saibot. I was never a fan of "Dark.powered-up version of regular characters" as bosses. At least, Orochi Yashiro/Shermie/Chirs were totally different, movelist-wise, and Boss I-no had her awesome theme.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 14:01   Link #166
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am actually disappointed with Dark Ash as a boss, it's like Noob Saibot. I was never a fan of "Dark.powered-up version of regular characters" as bosses. At least, Orochi Yashiro/Shermie/Chirs were totally different, movelist-wise, and Boss I-no had her awesome theme.
Which reminds me that at least no SNK Boss I've ever seen has had auto-healing in the middle of a fight. I think Boss I-No would be substantially easier to even greenhorn players without that game breaking ability. Not that she's improbably hard to begin with, but could you imagine an Igniz or Goenitz with that ability. Especially the latter doing his keep away tornado thing while healing up the whole fight.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:09   Link #167
kiak666

Here's the cutscenes before the boss fights with Saiki and Dark Ash:

SPOILERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGs5SSrTrqg#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPrZefGKl7A#ws
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 06:32   Link #168
kiak666

I had spend some time reading through the other forums and finally got a bit of understanding about what the basic plot is about. For those who wish to know what's going on, feel free to check the following post in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler for Long spoilers containing the plots regarding Those From the Past as well as part of the ending regarding Ash:
Old 2010-07-16, 07:15   Link #169
Sixth
Hu Tao

@kiak666

Thanks for the plot summary. It is sad to see Ash go away when we learned more about him. It seems that Saiki never want those Orochi Power for himself...he want to use it as battery to power the gate...Haha. Kinda an insult to Orochi if you asking me.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 04:00   Link #170
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

So... got a chance to spend some time with the arcade version today. It was nice to see plenty of people playing on the machines throughout the afternoon.

One thing that I was reminded of first hand was that I really suck at arcade controls still ^_^;; Half the time I can't pull of the moves I'm trying to throw out. I mostly was trying a team of Kensou, Leona, and K.

For the most part I got my ass handed to me over and over, but I at least didn't get any 0-3's. My shining moment of the afternoon was blocking Maxima's Neomax laser when it most likely would have finished me off, taunting, then kicking him in the face to finish the round :P

A few people made it all the way to the final stages without getting interrupted so I got to see a few attempts at the bosses. I say attempts because not one of them could finish D. Ash off ^_^;;

Saiki's full screen DM looked pretty dang cool, and he's much more impressive in person I think. He seems to be weak to command throws like his predecessor Magaki; one guy absolutely demolished him with Clark at one point.

D. Ash was quite impressive for a final boss I thought. It was highly amusing to watch players who normally were doing quite well slowly simplify their tactics to sweeps, specific EX moves, and command throws to try to get the win ^_^;; Wasn't enough though.

This will probably be my only chance to play the game before it comes to consoles, so I'm glad I spent as much time as I did on it!

I will close this by saying, it definitely feels like the sequel to 11, albeit with gameplay reminiscent of early titles (though EX moves definitely spice things up a lot)

I can't wait to play it at home, to get all the endings, play with friends, and hopefully get destroyed online with superior connection
Old 2010-07-17, 06:19   Link #171
Sixth
Hu Tao

So I wonder, how well is KoF XIII doing now in Japan?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 08:07   Link #172
kiak666

SNK updated the character section at the official site by adding Saiki's profile. It seems like that he can be playable.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...ter/index.html

Spoiler for Saiki's Official Artwork:

Spoiler for Saiki's Sprite:

Last edited by kiak666; 2010-07-30 at 09:46.
Old 2010-08-03, 20:22   Link #173
kiak666

Here's another update on the character section, featuring the final boss Dark Ash, officially known as "Blood Spiraling Mad Ash" (longest name for a final boss ever )

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...ter/index.html

Spoiler for Official Artwork:

Spoiler for Sprite:
Old 2010-08-04, 19:22   Link #174
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I'm loving the battle themes for both bosses. Magaki really ruined KOF 11 for me as a single play experience ^_^;;

Though I didn't get a chance to get to them during my brief try at the arcade version, I'm looking forward to losing to Dark Ash over and over whenever the home version gets released.
Old 2010-10-01, 03:37   Link #175
kiak666

It's been a while since someone posted on this thread, so I'll bump the thread with this video, featuring Saiki using his Desperation Move:

Old 2011-01-31, 13:08   Link #176
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Thread necromancy. However, I wished to have done that with better news than that one. Masaaki Kukino left SNK Playmore.

In other words, SNK may as well be considered as dead. If only the rights were purchased by Capcom or ArcSys because I am going to miss Terry Bogard, Hanzo Hattori, Kyo Kusanagi, K', Washizuka Keichiro, Ralf, Clark, Heidern, Rugal and many more charismatic characters by SNK.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 03:44   Link #177
Westlo
Lets be reality

Finally.

http://shoryuken.com/content/king-fi...-release-4257/

Being too scared to announce a date because of SSFIV AE is a bit silly though...

Blazblue CS2 = May
SSFIV AE = June
KOF XIII = July/August?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 07:25   Link #178
videoman190

The King of Fighters XIII confirmed for home version!!!!!! Atlus is bringing it over!
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/07...-and-xbox-360/
http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 09:17   Link #179
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

About time we get a release date. Going to main this game along with SFxT, TTT2.
Old 2011-06-07, 17:37   Link #180
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I wonder if this will be the last KoF. Heard a while back SNKP closed their gaming department but decided to finish KoFXIII anyway.
This game does conclude Ash's story, so it'll indeed be interesting to see where the series goes from here. Hopefully sales will be good, otherwise SNKP will be deterred from making fighters anymore. The netcode also has to be at least decent; KOF 12's netcode was terrible and that basically killed off the game's life.

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360