AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 04:24   Link #3221
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Because there's the chance that it's Hilde's death is the reason why he's being this way. Especially if she is his bio-mum.

Even if she isn't, she still took him in and it's highly likely he got attached to her.

...Cuz Father Maxwell does apologise Kathy about Duo Jr.'s manners and explain that the kid lost his 'mother' and he had to raise the boy by himself.
This, exactly. I seriously don't get why people keep asking questions that have been answered already as far as why characterization is the way it is, but whatever.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:16   Link #3222
allison13

Quote:

Because there's the chance that it's Hilde's death is the reason why he's being this way. Especially if she is his bio-mum.
Buuut...I thought we didn't know if she was dead or not? Did I miss something again?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:28   Link #3223
Mareike

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Aye, I'm a stubborn one. Sorry.

1. link This should answer everything.

2. Well, the MC-022 story is that Heero was thawed and ordered to kill Relena, Quatrine stole the incomplete suit Prometheus, Heero and Duo Jr. set out to catch her (and Trowa Phobos, too?), they all met in a desert where Snow White and Warlock battled Quatrine's MD Maganacs, Quatrine kissed Trowa P. somewhere in that chapter, Mille and Naina arrived to pick up Quatrine and Prometheus, they all escaped Heero and Duo Jr. somehow and on their (1+2) way back they learned that Wu Fei was fighting enemy suits, namely Epyon and three Virgo IVs. I think Zechs showed up too (?) and to make it a full-blown party Relena somehow ended up in the picture as well.
Yeah... Sorry, that's all I could get from that convoluted mess. If I got anything wrong folks, correct me please.

3. Sorry, no idea. Has Noin been mentioned in the present?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post
She's with Relena.

Thanks so much for the links! Downloading now.

Based on the short summary above, does that mean that the main characters have now broken into two groups - pro-Relena and anti-Relena?

Pro-Relena: the entire Peacecraft family, Quatrine Winner
Anti-Relena: the rest of the G-boys, Duo Jr.

In which field does the Prevents play in here? Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but only Treize's memories were uploaded to Heero's memory, while only Zechs' are in Relena's memory.

Also, regarding Zechs, does that event involving Quatrine mean that he's returned from his Mars mission with Naina? Has there been anything about Dixneuf?
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:46   Link #3224
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Buuut...I thought we didn't know if she was dead or not? Did I miss something again?
I don't know... has it been confirmed she's dead, anyone? I didn't mean to confuse you. I was simply trying to be short. So here, let me rephrase that:

There's a chance that it's Hilde's death--if she really is dead, that is--is the reason why Duo Jr. is behaving the way he does.

And even if she weren't dead fo' realz, he still lost her cuz she's been taken hostage or missing or something. Whatever the case is, they're not together anymore.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 09:32   Link #3225
allison13

Quote:
I don't know... has it been confirmed she's dead, anyone? I didn't mean to confuse you. I was simply trying to be short. So here, let me rephrase that:

There's a chance that it's Hilde's death--if she really is dead, that is--is the reason why Duo Jr. is behaving the way he does.

And even if she weren't dead fo' realz, he still lost her cuz she's been taken hostage or missing or something. Whatever the case is, they're not together anymore.
I didn't think it had been confirmed - but I get what you're saying. There's really any number of reasons why he is the way he is. I honestly am not really bothered by it, it just makes sense in my head. Same with the way Duo turned out - 100% plausible. If the"God of Death" thing didn't imply to some people that he was probably a little less happy than he appeared, I'm not really too sure what would. But, I think that situation has been discussed enough so I'll leave it.

I think this whole story would have been a heck of a lot stranger if everyone went on to lead normal lives. This is a war story. Expect the unexpected, I guess. It seems like people are really getting bothered by a story most of us haven't even read in full yet (that I'm aware of). I was, too, for awhile, but I sort of think that if this story was going the way that everyone would expect it to, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

...And that's all I have to say about that.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:24   Link #3226
Kitsoru

Well, Hilde hasn't been confirmed dead, explicitly, BY NAME, but Father Maxwell said Duo Jr's mother 'died' and Hilde raised Jr and is probably his biological mother, so it isn't much of a stretch. The latest date we see Hilde at is MC0017 NEXT WINTER, which you'll see in Chapter 8; the 'current time' is MC0022 NEXT WINTER. So she could definitely have died between then and now.

By the way, even though I haven't fully finished writing up the various synopses for the chapters that aren't released yet, I did update the Mars Century timeline on the Gundam wiki:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mars_Century
It should at least give you a gist of what is going on. The other pages that will have the most info are Katherine Winner's, Hilde's, and both Duos', off the top of my head; but I still haven't finished updating the latter 3 yet for Chapter 8.

On another note, REI just created a gallery collecting all of her Wing art from the past year+, including some stuff people without pixiv accounts couldn't see before. Enjoy!
http://oz2union.sokowonantoka.com/gwgallary/index.html
Old 2011-07-03, 14:35   Link #3227
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I need spoilers. NAW.

Well spoilers as to what the frak is happening anyways. In it's correct timeline/events. I've done my research, read everywhere. And I'm still freakin' confuse I'm getting irritated. What the fAK! So hero wokes up, relena wokes up. Quattre and Trowa building gundams. Little sister appears, little trowa appears, main character not a gundam pilot. Dou and Heero on Jedi gundams. This thing needs a manga/anime. SERIOUSLY!!! Not everyone reads novels.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 20:12   Link #3228
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Not everyone reads novels.
Oh well, deal with it, cupcake.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 20:22   Link #3229
Kitsoru

lmfao r u srs

See, this is the type of idiot that gets laughed out of the thread.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:35   Link #3230
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Well, Hilde hasn't been confirmed dead, explicitly, BY NAME, but Father Maxwell said Duo Jr's mother 'died' and Hilde raised Jr and is probably his biological mother, so it isn't much of a stretch. The latest date we see Hilde at is MC0017 NEXT WINTER, which you'll see in Chapter 8; the 'current time' is MC0022 NEXT WINTER. So she could definitely have died between then and now.

By the way, even though I haven't fully finished writing up the various synopses for the chapters that aren't released yet, I did update the Mars Century timeline on the Gundam wiki:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mars_Century
It should at least give you a gist of what is going on. The other pages that will have the most info are Katherine Winner's, Hilde's, and both Duos', off the top of my head; but I still haven't finished updating the latter 3 yet for Chapter 8.

On another note, REI just created a gallery collecting all of her Wing art from the past year+, including some stuff people without pixiv accounts couldn't see before. Enjoy!
http://oz2union.sokowonantoka.com/gwgallary/index.html
Thank you so much for that update! I've yet to finish downloading everything and scavenge for information (and fail), so being able to find the (short) story thus far on Wiki is such a relief.

I'm really just... wondering why the MC generation has to look exactly/have a similar name to their AC counterparts. Surely there's a way to establish one character's relationship to another or the fact that they're the new gen Duo/Trowa without being Generation Xerox, right?

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-07-04 at 01:53.
Old 2011-07-04, 06:52   Link #3231
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
I'm really just... wondering why the MC generation has to look exactly/have a similar name to their AC counterparts. Surely there's a way to establish one character's relationship to another or the fact that they're the new gen Duo/Trowa without being Generation Xerox, right?
Spoiler for my answer:

You'd think it's one person aging. But nooo, these are all different people. xD
I dunno, I guess it has become a running gag to have people look like each other?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 10:13   Link #3232
Kitsoru

Quote:
Spoiler for my answer:

I dunno, I guess it has become a running gag to have people look like each other?
Honestly, I think it's a matter of... Asagi is just incapable of drawing original characters. As you showed, BT is enough proof of that. You can be a great illustrator and a terrible character designer; design and illustration are entirely different skillsets when it gets down to the purpose of it.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sumisawa asked for it anyway; he's cheesy that way.
Old 2011-07-04, 16:21   Link #3233
Verona_Price

Hi,

Sorry to jump into the middle of your fourm and what not but I found out about frozen teardrop via this fourm about January I think. So I wanted to pop in and say a few things.

One:
Thank you guys so much for chatting on here as much as you do. I'm currently getting emailed chapters of FT via a friend and honestly reading on the computer not only hurts my eyes but makes me extreamly sick. (Thus is why i will not own a Ipad). So when I read the chapter it takes about two weeks, because of work and how much reading long paragraphs on the computer doesn't agree with me.

Point being is I tend to miss alot of things when I read the paragraphs. So when I don't get something I've been going over here to scower the pages to find the answer and most often I do.

Two:
However I'm still confused on somethings in this story, and to admit the things I'm still confused about makes me feel, how should I put this...... like I should be in college because its a pretty simple question with more than likely a simple answer.

Three:
Again thanks. I joined so I could say this to you guys.
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 16:36   Link #3234
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I hope you stay with us and participate in our discussions, Verona Price.
Old 2011-07-04, 17:22   Link #3235
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Spoiler for my answer:

Lol if I were the kind of Wing fan who only knows about the animated materials and nothing else and I saw that strip, I'd be like "Oh, awesome. From left to right, that's 8 year old Heero, 15 year old Heero, 21 year old, 30 year old, 40 year old!" XD Oh well, look at the bright side. When we read fics that have him written at around those ages, it'd be real easy to imagine! Haha.
Old 2011-07-05, 04:12   Link #3236
Mareike

Quote:
Lol if I were the kind of Wing fan who only knows about the animated materials and nothing else and I saw that strip, I'd be like "Oh, awesome. From left to right, that's 8 year old Heero, 15 year old Heero, 21 year old, 30 year old, 40 year old!" XD Oh well, look at the bright side. When we read fics that have him written at around those ages, it'd be real easy to imagine! Haha.
And if it weren't for Odin's bangs I'd think Heero's already a father. >_> It's kinda strange how pilot!Heero resembles original!Heero more than Odin. :|

Whoever is responsible for the character design's pretty lazy... *sigh*

Anyway... hi, Verona Price! I'm fairly new here, too.
Old 2011-07-05, 07:57   Link #3237
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Good news everyone! I got a few donations and I should HOPEFULLY be able to get my copies of Volume.01 and Volume.02 of Frozen Teardrop this month. That is if Amazon doesn't "magically" run out. Har.

In other news, The Glory of Losers is just about done. I'm giving it a run through again. For some reason the flow just isn't there. Not sure if it's me or not.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 08:21   Link #3238
Aldaeus

That's great news! Also I've been following roughly while trying to avoid anything that hasn't been established as common knowledge as to what's happening... basically avoiding spoilers except for things like timeline data and character information... so i'm looking forward to getting to read it Note - (I cannot read Japanese to save my life even though I've been trying to teach myself via several books, Rosetta stone... exct.)

Also... Hi I've been reading but too lazy to post... every time there's a release with more pictures I've been keeping my fingers crossed for images of the suits. I build Gunpla as a hobby and with the releases of the new Endless Waltz Master Grades of the Wing suits, I've been chomping at the bit for pictures showing the suits and more detailed descriptions of what they look like...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 13:07   Link #3239
Kitsoru

\o/ Yaaaaaay releases!

And yeah, about the Gunpla releases, I have a feeling that they're going to time the reveal of the new MS with the reveal of their Gunpla, and that it'll be timed for right after they finish releasing the Katoki redesigns of the original ones. Since they've just released the previews of Heavyarms and Sandrock, maybe that means the reveal will come by the turn of the year?
Old 2011-07-05, 21:21   Link #3240
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
And if it weren't for Odin's bangs I'd think Heero's already a father. >_> It's kinda strange how pilot!Heero resembles original!Heero more than Odin. :|
Lol high five. Although, I have a feeling Sumizawa and Asagi are well aware of that, which is why I think they actually did it on purpose. Which is also why I think Sumizawa will later reveal that the pilot and the original are related. Just a guess, of course. Cuz, honestly, it's the only passable explanation for their resemblance. He's made everyone related to everyone already, why stop now, eh? Especially now when the two characters look so much alike. Oherwise, it's utter bullcrap that Heero resembles the other Heero when they're not even related more than his own father. (EDIT: Unless Pilot!Heero is nothing but an Original!Heero clone. Which isn't highly unlikely considering the dynamics and technology stretch the Wing universe has made in FT.)

Then again, we have Lady Une and Middie Une who share the same last name but are not related. Oh, Sumizawa... you're quite an intriguing writer, aren't you.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing