AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you think Kiminozo had a good ending?
Played game, thought ending was good 23 6.57%
Played game, thought ending was bad 11 3.14%
Didn't play game, thought ending was good 202 57.71%
Didn't play game, thought ending was bad 114 32.57%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-07, 12:54   Link #41
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
I didn't like it, he picked the wrong girl damn it! All that angst for nothing!
exactly.

sidenote: Akane got more badass as she got older
Whojive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 13:17   Link #42
otakujohn

The series as a whole is pretty damn good, but I just thought the ending could have been done with a bit more detail. I'm also a bit of a Haruka fanboy, so it made me sad to see it end the way it did. I don't hate Mitsuki or any of the other characters, but I would like to share a few thoughts about Haruka.

Spoiler:

Haruka deserved a lot better than what she got.

I know that it's only a fictional story, but I love to think about where the story goes long after it's over. I would hope that Haruka finds someone with a Shuji-like level of devotion...Someone that can love her and her scars with all his heart.
Speaking of Shu-chan, I don't know if this is a common theme in anime stories or not, but I saw quite a few parallels between the basic storylines of KGNE and Saikano. Both stories had a girl and a guy in love, with another girl that loves the guy, and another guy that loves the girl that loves the guy.... It even had some of the same sleeping around stuff going on...to a point.
Saikano had a better ending tho.

Last edited by otakujohn; 2004-01-07 at 14:17.
otakujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 13:37   Link #43
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Baka

in the series i HATED THE ENDING tak shouldnt have got anyone of the gurls son of a b**** hes a BAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAA.. ARRGGHHH
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 14:09   Link #44
otakujohn

imagine this:

A few years after the ending, Haruka writes a couple of rather dark books, and then Kurt Cobains. Wouldn't that bake their noodles?

Obituary birthday, your sent is still here in my place of recovery.

Last edited by otakujohn; 2004-01-07 at 14:28.
Old 2004-01-07, 14:23   Link #45
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakujohn
imagine this:

A few years after the ending, Haruka writes a couple of rather dark books, and then Kurt Cobains. Wouldn't that bake their noodles?

Kurt Co is dead dude, leave him alone
but in Saikano, the dude that girls LOVe......only loves 1 of em.......in Kiminozo, this idiot loves both! BIG ass difference, plus they dont go of killing ppl in kiminozo
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 14:36   Link #46
otakujohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
Kurt Co is dead dude, leave him alone
And may he rest in peace.

Quote:
but in Saikano, the dude that girls LOVe......only loves 1 of em.......
Well, I think he "loved" all of them really, but wasn't intimately involved with all of them. He was really a good guy...He had more of a head on his shoulders.
That's why I thought Haruka would be lucky to find such a person.
Old 2004-01-07, 15:20   Link #47
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakujohn
And may he rest in peace.

Well, I think he "loved" all of them really, but wasn't intimately involved with all of them. He was really a good guy...He had more of a head on his shoulders.
That's why I thought Haruka would be lucky to find such a person.

ok i will make it simple......the saikano dude, only had intentions to have a long term sentimental relationship with only 1 of the girls.....he cared for every one, ok maybe so, but not to the extend of the feelings he had for the main girl he LOVED!

Kiminozo.....well, this idiot you guys know, he was like WTF? he liked/loved both, but was too stupid, hell he hella cared for everyone , for Akane , for the nurses, for ayu mayu, even the MANAGER!!!!! LOL
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 22:40   Link #48
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
I didn't like it, he picked the wrong girl damn it! All that angst for nothing!
... ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasconius
I'm not really talking about whether Takayuki ended up with the character you liked, just whether you thought it was a good ending or not.
SKoRPioN9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 08:45   Link #49
Bubblemunche
Perpetual Dreamer

I love the ending ! Kekeke... but then again, I must confess that I'm a Mitsuki supporter But looking at things objectively, I've got a couple of reasons why it would have been a thumbs down ending if Takayuki ended up with Haruka !

1) Firstly, Bakayuki (whoever came up with this term, you're a genius ) did NOT, for the most part of Haruka's coma, showed any concern for the poor girl So what makes him think he has the right to come back to Haruka's life now that she's up and running?!?! Yah, Haruka would probably be thrilled for a while, but i think she's gonna suffer next coz she's stuck with such a loser :P

2) IMHO, all the heartaches arised becaused of Takayuki's indecisiveness. Firstly, he misled Haruka when he dated her even though he didn't have feelings for her initially. After he finally does like Haruka, he continued to be so gentle and misleading (e.g. getting that ring) to Mitsuki. SHEESE!!! To me, Takayuki finally showed some resolve as a man when he firmly decided to be with Mitsuki May they have beautiful babies !
Bubblemunche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 18:05   Link #50
FreeJPA

Well... after watching the whole thing in 2 days, and reading about 4 different 3 page threads, I'd like to say I think I'm finally over the "emotional heartbreaking tearjerking feelings" I have everytime I think about the anime.

OK, so most people don't like Mitsuki because she backstabbed / unfaithful / etc.

I like Mitsuki because she was able to cope with the different hardships that were put in her way (I'll get to Haruka in a sec).

First, when Takayuki (omg, please stop the "Tak" nickname... reminds me too much of the Americanized Initial D manga) goes into uber depression, Mitsuki was the one that came almost 24/7 to cook and make sure he ate.

Second, even as Takayuki was in his "indecisive stage" of torn feelings between Haruka and Mitsuki, she tried to make the best out of it, and put on a smile everytime they were together.

Although it seemed that Mitsuki was the strong willed one, I believe that deep down, she was infact, very weak and eventually broke under the pressure.

Now for Haruka...

Well... Having not played the game, I have trouble keeping a strong connection with the character (someone please PM me the link to the game). She was introduced and was put into the coma and even though it was only a "few years" until she woke up, I still get that "gap" with the character.

True, that Haruka woke up and yea, it does suck finding out that "Sorry, everyone's changed, too bad you can't have your BF anymore."

I also sympathize with the fact that everyone had to lie to her.

In the end though, I'm sure everyone agrees that Haruka was truly a "strong character" underneath.

So yea... I enjoyed the ending, though I wish they could have shown more of the future (if I had things my way, I'd be watching the sequel now ). I enjoyed the fact that Mitsuki finally received the devotion from Takayuki that she deserved and was kept from for 3 years.

One heck of a long first post huh :P

Last edited by FreeJPA; 2004-01-15 at 01:00.
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 23:02   Link #51
Haruka 4-ever

Smile

i'm a Haruka supporter, i sympathize Haruka ever since the end of ep2.

i agree Haruka is truly a "strong character"... Haruka really ends up with nothing is just not fair.. very sad ending.. although Haruka seems to be having a happy life in the very end.. it's still not a good ending.. although the ending makes the anime strong but i would rather have a Haruka ending and make this anime not as strong..

throughout the whole series.. i had tears flowing in my misty eyes everytime Haruka is crying.. i didn't had much feeling towards Misuki since she is not in a position where people should sympathize for her after what she had done.. i hate the betrayal... i hate traitors..

despite the fact that ending not good and not all that happy.. i would still say that this anime is my #1 favorite..

people just say the ending is good just because they think the whole anime is good.. but a good anime doesn't automatically force urself to think that the ending is good even though its not that good..

the ending wraps up good although it ended that way.. if it even wraps up a bit worse (such as Haruka ain't having a happy life everafter), i would've hated this anime..

one last thing to say to end my post up.. be strong, Haruka 4-ever..
Haruka 4-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 14:49   Link #52
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think the ending is quite bad, and I'm not a Haruka supporter, nor am I a Mitsuki supporter

I'm an Akane supporter BTW

It's just that it's really rushed and the character development for Haruka is practically nil and suddenly she becomes a superhuman-like character...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 12:36   Link #53
ati

I read all of your opinion ,for me I hate the ending ,why both of them(Taka and Mitsuki) who 's very selfish have to be happy. I think Takayuki is the man who coward and selfish cause he has run away from problem and let Haruka sleep alone ,I don't understand why she love the guy like this ,and her friend Mitsuki have she ever know she make Haruka suffer and pain from her action .However Haruka is poor girl she have to suffer with something which she never make it ,very bad luck because she meet the man who's coward and selfish and she have bad friend who betray her too so pity. this is my opinion sorry for some massage if you don't like it
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 14:28   Link #54
Charas

Quote:
Psst......you can always.....PM
I don't suppose you could tell me, who to PM.
Charas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 21:33   Link #55
caven

Send a message via AIM to caven Send a message via Yahoo to caven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
I read all of your opinion ,for me I hate the ending ,why both of them(Taka and Mitsuki) who 's very selfish have to be happy. I think Takayuki is the man who coward and selfish cause he has run away from problem and let Haruka sleep alone ,I don't understand why she love the guy like this ,and her friend Mitsuki have she ever know she make Haruka suffer and pain from her action .However Haruka is poor girl she have to suffer with something which she never make it ,very bad luck because she meet the man who's coward and selfish and she have bad friend who betray her too so pity. this is my opinion sorry for some massage if you don't like it
Love is a powerful thing.
caven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 05:31   Link #56
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the worst part of the ending is that in order to kick Takayuki's butt to Mitsuki, Haruka decide to walk on her own despite she's not supposed to be able to walk yet. That part is really nonsense, especially since she doesn't get any character development in the past 12 or so episodes, and suddenly she becomes the ultra-strong superhuman with love and kindness goddess whatever thing.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 08:17   Link #57
loki9x
大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
That part is really nonsense, especially since she doesn't get any character development in the past 12 or so episodes, and suddenly she becomes the ultra-strong superhuman with love and kindness goddess whatever thing.
To politely disagree:

There are indications from the beginning that Haruka is a forceful person. Really? you ask. Well, there's a difference between being shy or reserved, and being weak. Mitsuki is a weak person, who doesn't know what she wants, or how to be happy, or how to get what she wants, or be happy. Takayuki is vacillating: he knew what he wanted (=Haruka) before, then he wanted to be with Mitsuki, then he had a hell of a time deciding between the two.

Haruka is consistently strong-willed and decisive. Unlike everyone else, she has well-formulated plans for college and what she wants to do with her life. This is an introverted aspect. But she has a strong extroverted streak as well. Clearly, she is a kind, generous person, committed to her boyfriend. But she also understands sacrifice for the sake of friends: eg, prefering that Takayuki talk with Mitsuki than be on time for the omatsuri.

While in the hospital, because of the lack of stresses put on her, she appeared totally helpless, passive, and ethereal. But there is nothing surprising about the fact that, once she had regained her strength, and found out her real situation, she would gladly welcome back Takayuki if he wished it, but otherwise counsel him to be where his heart was, knowing that a lot of time had passed.

Takayuki had a perspective of her as someone from a dream. Haruka is very romantic and emotionally sensitive, especially as a teenager, but this is simply wearing one's heart on one's sleeve. Surrounded by unhappy people, someone who can always wear a natural smile and always be considerate of others may seem unreal, but this doesn't make her shallow or wishy-washy. Instead, she is the person most comfortable with herself. To Takayuki, Haruka doesn't seem down-to-earth, and their romance seems too good to be true. Thus both of these facts cause him to project an air of unreality onto her. But he confuses her outward personality for the character that underlies it: namely, being a very honest, sweet, innocent, kind, etc, person. It should be no surprise that she is happy at the end, having always known what her desired career was, achieving it, and being a success.
loki9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 08:24   Link #58
loki9x
大魔王

On another note, what parallels did people notice between the beginning and end of the series? I realized that in both cases:

- Haruka sees that two of her friends need to spend some time together, and encourages them, at her own expense (well, losing the superficial benefit of being the one spending time with Takayuki; she surely derives a psychological benefit from being a generous person).

- Takayuki has a girlfriend, but he doesn't really interact with her. His heart and mind are wandering elsewhere. But another girl eggs him on to be a better person and better companion, and he is converted to doing so wholeheartedly.
loki9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 16:09   Link #59
Haruka 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki9x
To politely disagree:

There are indications from the beginning that Haruka is a forceful person. Really? you ask. Well, there's a difference between being shy or reserved, and being weak. Mitsuki is a weak person, who doesn't know what she wants, or how to be happy, or how to get what she wants, or be happy. Takayuki is vacillating: he knew what he wanted (=Haruka) before, then he wanted to be with Mitsuki, then he had a hell of a time deciding between the two.

Haruka is consistently strong-willed and decisive. Unlike everyone else, she has well-formulated plans for college and what she wants to do with her life. This is an introverted aspect. But she has a strong extroverted streak as well. Clearly, she is a kind, generous person, committed to her boyfriend. But she also understands sacrifice for the sake of friends: eg, prefering that Takayuki talk with Mitsuki than be on time for the omatsuri.

While in the hospital, because of the lack of stresses put on her, she appeared totally helpless, passive, and ethereal. But there is nothing surprising about the fact that, once she had regained her strength, and found out her real situation, she would gladly welcome back Takayuki if he wished it, but otherwise counsel him to be where his heart was, knowing that a lot of time had passed.

Takayuki had a perspective of her as someone from a dream. Haruka is very romantic and emotionally sensitive, especially as a teenager, but this is simply wearing one's heart on one's sleeve. Surrounded by unhappy people, someone who can always wear a natural smile and always be considerate of others may seem unreal, but this doesn't make her shallow or wishy-washy. Instead, she is the person most comfortable with herself. To Takayuki, Haruka doesn't seem down-to-earth, and their romance seems too good to be true. Thus both of these facts cause him to project an air of unreality onto her. But he confuses her outward personality for the character that underlies it: namely, being a very honest, sweet, innocent, kind, etc, person. It should be no surprise that she is happy at the end, having always known what her desired career was, achieving it, and being a success.

good descriptive comments.. Haruka is just too nice.. i got high emotional stress about how the anime ends (i don't like it all that much as i mentioned b4).. nevertheless, the departure scene between Haruka and Tak is very beautifully sad at the same time happy.. suki dayo Haruka..
Haruka 4-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 12:14   Link #60
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka 4-ever
nevertheless, the departure scene between Haruka and Tak is very beautifully sad at the same time happy.. suki dayo Haruka..
Personally I like the ending--well, maybe mostly the first half of it. From a critical standpoint the latter half fails to effectively conclude from Takayuki and Haruka's farewell scene. I guess it's only a personal critique of mine, but I'm sure there are also others who thought that the ending could've been edited a bit more or prolonged a bit.

After thinking about it, having the series end with Takayuki going back to Haruka is, in a sense, weaker and less of an impact. If that happened, then that farewell scene would not have been as powerful--nor even emotionally significant--because nothing really changes. Nothing truly insightful--that is grounded in the real world--would ever emerge. It would've been just purely romantic and idealistic and well, quite immature. For me, it would've been a happy and romantic ending for the sake of having one. Plus, I love that scene. Period. It may be sad, but seeing how damned beautiful that scene was--I wouldn't have it any other way. That was the moment for me in the series. Some may not agree with me, but there is beauty in moments of sadness too.

The ending with Mitsuki could also be argued as 'romantic,' but it's also more real--more real in the sense that there are such things as tragedy and pain. I believe being in a relationship with someone isn't simply having romantic feelings for one another--as Takayuki and Haruka have shown--but it's also a matter of choosing to love someone. It's something you have to work with. Moreover, there's going to be lot of shit involved, and for me this is what Takayuki and Mitsuki's relationship tried to show as well. Whereas Takayuki and Haruka's relationship in the past showed practically the opposite. I actually found the prologue boring to tell you the truth.

But I guess KGNE just went overboard with regard to the hardships and problems in Takayuki and Mitsuki's relationship. It practically went downhill to the point that there were times when I started hating particular characters myself. On the other hand, it was also a sign of how profoundly (and ambivalently) powerful the characters were.

It's quite a rare thing for me to react strongly like this. All in all, a good ending--but it could've been better.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-03-09 at 12:26.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote