AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 21:44   Link #4221
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
There are no images... just the main splash.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:15   Link #4222
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
There are no images... just the main splash.
On a side note, Ch. 18 GoL mediafire link is down Can you reupload it please?
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:38   Link #4223
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Sorry I'm late with this... I'm suffering computer problems at the moment and I've been in danger of losing my entire zeonic folder (all 7GB and 2500+ files). Nonetheless, two pages left and this chapter is complete.

Spoiler:

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-05-07, 16:57   Link #4224
Javiersansano

Quote:
Sorry I'm late with this... I'm suffering computer problems at the moment and I've been in danger of losing my entire zeonic folder (all 7GB and 2500+ files). Nonetheless, two pages left and this chapter is complete.

Spoiler:
Thanks Deacon for your good work... just to make sure... you are doing a full translation of this chapter, right?

Do you have any intention of continuing that task with the chapters that follow? perhaps the ones that came after Nocturne of sorrow?

Spoiler for depending on your answer...:

any way, thanks
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 20:17   Link #4225
Ferhb

Quote:
Oh, wow
I would have panicked!

I really liked this part! Anyone else?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 13:46   Link #4226
Eeni

Quote:

Spoiler:
OMG! Perhaps you've changed a setting on the computer that is hiding the files..? I don't know, but I hope you find a way to get all your stuff back.

Mmmm... Duo already left a gaping hole in Hilde's heart..? And she still ended up marring him some, what? 10 years later? *shakes head in disappointment* FT Duo & Hilde are starting to piss me off.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-08 at 14:12.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:34   Link #4227
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Oh, wow
I would have panicked!

I really liked this part! Anyone else?
Wow! Is it my imagination or this chapter is a little better than the previous ones? I like this kind of mysterious few-worded scenes ,as it usually means something good is coming up, but I have a bad feeling the writer will ruin it -as usual-.
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:43   Link #4228
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Wow! Is it my imagination or this chapter is a little better than the previous ones? I like this kind of mysterious few-worded scenes ,as it usually means something good is coming up, but I have a bad feeling the writer will ruin it -as usual-.
maybe it's better than usual because the author is not making dumb references andplot twists. Also, instead of doing a long flash forward, he is doing a shorter one, and therefore, he already has good bases for this chapter (by good bases I mean what immediately follows to Endless Waltz), instead of setting those bases from scratch, which has been something he's done a lot so far (most flashbacks fall under this category)

of course, I could be wrong
Old 2012-05-08, 18:23   Link #4229
susyia

i think the author does not like duo..... he was the most loving e caring in the series ...if he had to turn a character in to a asshole.... theres a many options... i KNWO duo is nothing that he made..... and wufei finally he became more human and cute ...poor quatre his company is a bitch.....
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 19:39   Link #4230
ZERO_system

I have a question does the Gundam Snow White have a double buster rifle or a single buster rifle because original Wing Zero had a double buster rifle that did not need to be recharged
ZERO_system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 00:30   Link #4231
Eeni

Spoiler for Stupidity and a waste of space:

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-05-09, 00:41   Link #4232
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Thanks Deacon for your good work... just to make sure... you are doing a full translation of this chapter, right?

Do you have any intention of continuing that task with the chapters that follow? perhaps the ones that came after Nocturne of sorrow?

Spoiler for depending on your answer...:

any way, thanks
Yes, there will be a full translation of this chapter. I'm finishing the last part of it up today.

I'm not entirely certain whether I'll continue. I will admit that the timing of this was a bit of a fluke, but seeing that I can segment it rather nicely I suppose that works. I'll try it out for future releases and see if it works. :S (I still need an editor for them since they read like crap haha)

Old 2012-05-09, 06:32   Link #4233
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I see what you did there XD

I think she meant 3 months from the Eve wars....
Old 2012-05-09, 10:19   Link #4234
DuoRanger
Banned

at this point, i would like to see duo becoming a Villain in a good Ozzymandias style, or at least see him going mad with everyone because of his descisions.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 15:17   Link #4235
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
It's a sad day when I can say about an official work that I can see that happening...

P.S. It would also explain Wu Fei's "I never considered you a friend" line to Duo. And the reason he can't look at Kathy. Gee, it would really make an awful lot of sense. Quick, let Sumizawa know!

EDIT Bigger + colored previous pics:

Spoiler for Heero and a cat (and Cinderella?):

Spoiler for Eric and Sabrina:

Spoiler for color page:

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2012-05-09 at 15:29.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:09   Link #4236
FalsePrime

This chapter went better then the majority of them for sure.

Honestly, to me it's more about disliking all the people crying over Duo. Thus far the change has been pretty hard, but it's not impossible for people who are happy as a teenager to fall and fall hard and be sour later in life.

As it stands during this time Duo is still mailnly Duo, something seems to be eating at him and hopefully going forward we find out more and understand better why Duo is the person we know him as in the present day Mars timeline.

The only characters that shouldn't have changed really are Heero and Relena given the dumb freeze plot line, but other then that to have Duo be Duo from Wing/Endless would be far worse then what we have now because that would mean he would have been a static character for over 20 years, now that is bad story telling.

Without knowing exactly what A Scythe in my Hand's story is, or even the gap between right Relena's running and Mar Era Present time the judgement that Duo is somehow wrong is misplaced and more a case of people cryng that their favorite is actually getting character development and just not the way they wanted.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-05-10 at 01:26.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:15   Link #4237
Javiersansano

Quote:
Yes, there will be a full translation of this chapter. I'm finishing the last part of it up today.

I'm not entirely certain whether I'll continue. I will admit that the timing of this was a bit of a fluke, but seeing that I can segment it rather nicely I suppose that works. I'll try it out for future releases and see if it works. :S (I still need an editor for them since they read like crap haha)
Spoiler for about editing:
Old 2012-05-09, 20:33   Link #4238
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post

Honestly I more reasons to dislike all the people crying over Duo. Thus far the change has been pretty hard, but it's not impossible for people who are happy as a teenager to fall and fall hard and be sour later in life.

As it stands during this time Duo is still mailnly Duo, something seems to be eating at him and hopefully going forward we find out more and understand better why Duo is the person we know him as in the present day Mars timeline.

The only characters that shouldn't have changed really are Heero and Relena given the dumb freeze plot line, but other then that to have Duo be Duo from Wing/Endless would be far worse then what we have now because that would mean he would have been a static character for over 20 years, now that is bad story telling.

Without knowing exactly what A Scythe in my Hand's story is, or even the gap between right Relena's running and Mar Era Present time the judgement that Duo is somehow wrong is misplaced and more a case of people cryng that their favorite is actually getting character development and just not the way they wanted.
I couldn't agree more.
You see, just because Duo was an easygoing guy in the series, it doesn't mean he wasn't as fu**** up as the others.
The only way he could deal with his mission was to imagine him as being death himself. So, the war was over and what was it that was left of him in the end? He played the game like a character, the god of death, as in some kind of joke, and in a world of peace he could no longer keep on acting. All that was left was the joke.
Duo is a character that tricks us, because he's so nice and funny, but maybe on the inside he's the one left with a bigger hole.
Then, he goes to Mars, this planet full of nothing, and tries to find a meaning to his lifeform, but what does he have to offer? Nothing, no feelings whatsoever, because he's no one. To add to that, he starts aging quicker than the rest for no reason. He's an old man on the outside. Really, people, did you think he would stay the same?
Actually, now thinking about it, it's kinda plausible. And a mature view of his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
It's a sad day when I can say about an official work that I can see that happening...

P.S. It would also explain Wu Fei's "I never considered you a friend" line to Duo. And the reason he can't look at Kathy. Gee, it would really make an awful lot of sense. Quick, let Sumizawa know!
It's not impossible. It's very possible indeed. Scary!
Old 2012-05-10, 01:52   Link #4239
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post

Honestly I more reasons to dislike all the people crying over Duo. Thus far the change has been pretty hard, but it's not impossible for people who are happy as a teenager to fall and fall hard and be sour later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I couldn't agree more.
You see, just because Duo was an easygoing guy in the series, it doesn't mean he wasn't as fu**** up as the others.
The only way he could deal with his mission was to imagine him as being death himself. So, the war was over and what was it that was left of him in the end? He played the game like a character, the god of death, as in some kind of joke, and in a world of peace he could no longer keep on acting. All that was left was the joke.
Duo is a character that tricks us, because he's so nice and funny, but maybe on the inside he's the one left with a bigger hole.
Then, he goes to Mars, this planet full of nothing, and tries to find a meaning to his lifeform, but what does he have to offer? Nothing, no feelings whatsoever, because he's no one. To add to that, he starts aging quicker than the rest for no reason. He's an old man on the outside. Really, people, did you think he would stay the same?
Actually, now thinking about it, it's kinda plausible. And a mature view of his character.
First of all, as Duo fangirl, I guess my bias is rather skewed. So for that, I apologize before hand. While I totally agree with you guys that Duo (or any of the other characters) could possibly turn bitter, it's the matter in which it happens that bugs me.

One of the issues that I'm having is that Duo (and some of the other characters) really haven't matured or grown in FT. He's the same guy, just now with a kid. He's still playing it cool with a smile while actively trying to prevent something catastrophic from happening. He really hasn't shown up much since his initial intro at the start of all this. All we've been given about him is really backstory. Getting married, divorced, inheriting an orphanage, raising/training a kid that might or might not be his. And he's a drunkard. Or was one...Who knows, we were only told he got wasted once. In the end, I really can't get much of a read on him and characters like Trowa, Zechs, & Noin simply because we really haven't had much of a MC-0022 story as much as a history lesson of the A.C. timeline.

Then there's this whole relationship with Hilde. The only thing I have issue with here is his rather vicious/cruel treatment of Hilde. Ok, there was an on-and-off again relationship with Hilde for like 10 years. Totally understandable, especially when you consider that he was pretty willing to (and probably thought/came to terms that he would) die during the wars. Like you've said, he doesn't seem to know what to do with himself after the wars and its probably driving him mad. We were already told during the series that he (and Quatre) didn't want others to get hurt, especially loved ones as a result of their actions. And that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that at rightful age of 25+ any guy would know that marrying a chick for money is going to end badly, or at least have some sort of bad complication/repercussions. Yet, that's what he does. Then he runs off soon after being married and incurred more debt (?). It's her fault for taking on the orphanage. And it's only after he agrees to divorce because they're having money problems that he's all of a sudden worrying about her? Grrrr... Both these characters have been turned into idiots in FT. And that makes me sad.

P.S.
On a not-so-ranting note, I still think that Eric is somehow related to the Khushrenadas... or Dracula. We just have to wait for Sumizawa to drop the Twist-Bomb.

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-10 at 02:04.
Old 2012-05-10, 02:38   Link #4240
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
First of all, as Duo fangirl, I guess my bias is rather skewed. So for that, I apologize before hand. While I totally agree with you guys that Duo (or any of the other characters) could possibly turn bitter, it's the matter in which it happens that bugs me.

One of the issues that I'm having is that Duo (and some of the other characters) really haven't matured or grown in FT. He's the same guy, just now with a kid. He's still playing it cool with a smile while actively trying to prevent something catastrophic from happening. He really hasn't shown up much since his initial intro at the start of all this. All we've been given about him is really backstory. Getting married, divorced, inheriting an orphanage, raising/training a kid that might or might not be his. And he's a drunkard. Or was one...Who knows, we were only told he got wasted once. In the end, I really can't get much of a read on him and characters like Trowa, Zechs, & Noin simply because we really haven't had much of a MC-0022 story as much as a history lesson of the A.C. timeline.

Then there's this whole relationship with Hilde. The only thing I have issue with here is his rather vicious/cruel treatment of Hilde. Ok, there was an on-and-off again relationship with Hilde for like 10 years. Totally understandable, especially when you consider that he was pretty willing to (and probably thought/came to terms that he would) die during the wars. Like you've said, he doesn't seem to know what to do with himself after the wars and its probably driving him mad. We were already told during the series that he (and Quatre) didn't want others to get hurt, especially loved ones as a result of their actions. And that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that at rightful age of 25+ any guy would know that marrying a chick for money is going to end badly, or at least have some sort of bad complication/repercussions. Yet, that's what he does. Then he runs off soon after being married and incurred more debt (?). It's her fault for taking on the orphanage. And it's only after he agrees to divorce because they're having money problems that he's all of a sudden worrying about her? Grrrr... Both these characters have been turned into idiots in FT. And that makes me sad.

P.S.
On a not-so-ranting note, I still think that Eric is somehow related to the Khushrenadas... or Dracula. We just have to wait for Sumizawa to drop the Twist-Bomb.
Its Gundam, even Tomino say he the point of Gundam is make adults look bad, Flit in Gundam AGE turn from a nice good-willed teenager boy to a giant asshole in his adulthood. So yeah, It doesnt in Gundam universe if you are the most revolutionare person in your youth, the moment you become a adult its the moment you become a prick.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing