AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 11:09   Link #5221
gordol
Banned

No FT this month, AHAHAHAHAHAH!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:45   Link #5222
Tendou Souji

Ya know, when people take frequent breaks it is normally because they are either sick or the product is doing so well that you can afford to take breaks whenever you want. The last volume didn't even chart so it isn't doing well and people are complaining about various things in every part of the fandom. Doesn't the author have a blog?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 14:27   Link #5223
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Pretty sure he gets enough hate mail as it is.

I hope no FT doesn't mean no GoL, too?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:13   Link #5224
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Pretty sure he gets enough hate mail as it is.

I hope no FT doesn't mean no GoL, too?
GOL is the second part of Zechs vs Heero in Antartica
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:30   Link #5225
Eeni

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. The fail!novelization of the series claimed Quatre's sisters to be close to his age, hence my assumption. Then again, the stupid thing also said that they all had different mothers, so yeah. It's obvious it was written before EZ was out, which I guess makes most of its claims invalid.
Who's to say that some of them might not be around his age? Heck, I was thinking about the existence of Oud and decided that she was probably meant to be born, but with the sudden appearance of Quatre in his mother's womb Oud was forgotten at the back of the freezer!

Quote:
...you sure that wasn't the case already? I mean, you don't take a killing blow for someone you don't like. Likewise, you don't follow someone into battle in a MS with absolutely no weapons if you don't care about them. Or discard your entire way of life to adopt one you think would please your better half.

It wasn't full-blown love but they were definitely in the beginning stages of it.

And yes, I ship 'em. Sue me.
Ya, there was definitely the beginnings of something there. It could have been love or mutual respect. Lets just lean towards the beginning of love ^_^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 07:34   Link #5226
Javiersansano

Something tells me we'll be reading about Relena coming out with Zechs mask, brainwashed, piloting a Overhauled Wyvern, renamed "Jabberwocky" (which in the Alice returns to Wonderland movie, resembles a actual wyvern)
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:47   Link #5227
Eeni

*watches a tumbleweed roll across*
Sooooo..... what's up? How you all been?

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2013-03-07, 12:47   Link #5228
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

*tries to catch tumbleweed with a butterfly net*

Dunno about the others, but I'm fine. I just found my old Sims CD and am reliving the joys of killing annoying little Sim kids by infecting them with incurable guinea pig diseases.
Anything that shrieks at me in such an utterly nerve-racking way deserves a slow and painful simulated death.

But back on topic, I guess we can congratulate ourselves for keeping this thread alive for so long. The couple of Japanese FT threads I know died around chapter 18. Kinda hard to believe, but it has been almost three years since FT started being published and sadly, the novel so far is failing to keep the fandom interested. At least in a good way; I know I've bitched about it more than I have praised it and looking at this thread, most of our discussions here are more about GW than FT itself.
Of course, one could blame that on the lack of translations, but that again results from a lack of interest... Or in the case of Deacon, from being traumatized by Tranny S. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Something tells me we'll be reading about Relena coming out with Zechs mask, brainwashed, piloting a Overhauled Wyvern, renamed "Jabberwocky" (which in the Alice returns to Wonderland movie, resembles a actual wyvern)
Actually, that would be awesome and probably the most epic thing to happen in this novel. Alas, Sumizawa seems to prefer the weird side of crack instead of the epic one, so it's more likely that Relena will pop up with a Zechs mask to throw another random tea party, rather than to kick butt in Wyvern 2.0...

That reminds me, Wyvern is a dragon-shaped ...fighter plane thing. Am I to imagine it looking like Epyon in mobile armor mode? Because I've had the image stuck in my head for a while now (though I don't remember if Wyvern was a double-headed dragon; all I remember is meow).
That would explain Epyon whizzing about on Mars and the obnoxious amounts of flashbacks. Other than recycling plot and scrapped novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Who's to say that some of them might not be around his age? Heck, I was thinking about the existence of Oud and decided that she was probably meant to be born, but with the sudden appearance of Quatre in his mother's womb Oud was forgotten at the back of the freezer!
Well, if Quatre can stumble upon a bunch of incomplete Gundams in his basement, I don't see why he can't stumble upon a forgotten sister in the back of his freezer. Seems legit.

By the way, thanks for reminding me of her middle name. I had completely forgotten.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:06   Link #5229
Aldaeus

In all honesty, I'm waiting for weed to become legal nationally so I can finally figure out just how high Sumisawa has to be to think the plot is good, or drawing interest still.

btw, still lurking in the background.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:16   Link #5230
FalsePrime

Just relaxing. Honestly I've given up on the novel, so boring. I will keep buying it for the art, but the decision to keep going back to the past murdered any since of pacing this could have had and effectivily killed the novel because of how much worthless shit it brought in when even the Japanese fans wanted more Heero (pilot) and we kept going back to Heero (pol).

Still want to see the the suits, Snow White in particular because hopefully it's cool enough that it gets a Gunpla one day. That and they could take and use the suits for stuff like SRW and G Gen and just skip the garbage story.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:25   Link #5231
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
In all honesty, I'm waiting for weed to become legal nationally so I can finally figure out just how high Sumisawa has to be to think the plot is good, or drawing interest still.

btw, still lurking in the background.
Thanks dude, you have just made my day
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:15   Link #5232
Eeni

Quote:
I just found my old Sims CD and am reliving the joys of killing annoying little Sim kids by infecting them with incurable guinea pig diseases.
Anything that shrieks at me in such an utterly nerve-racking way deserves a slow and painful simulated death.
build a room with no exits, add 3+ oven and make things burn, then sit back and watch as your panicked Sim has no idea of what to do as the grim reaper shows up just outside your lil room of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Just relaxing. Honestly I've given up on the novel, so boring. I will keep buying it for the art, but the decision to keep going back to the past murdered any since of pacing this could have had and effectivily killed the novel because of how much worthless shit it brought in when even the Japanese fans wanted more Heero (pilot) and we kept going back to Heero (pol).
You know, as a log line, "the past history of GundamW" sounds like it could be a great story... just the Sumizawa executed it horribly with the inclusion of Cat-memory-ZERO system & Guitar Hero/Garage Band style piloting, worthless histories/ back stories of people being Frenched by mothers, and terrorist who are obsessed about some dude (who's supposed to be dead to the world) and then is somehow living a married life with said dead dude's wife, who just happens to be his little sister (I'm still trying to figure this one out...).

In all honesty, I kindda, every now and then like the story of Heero Politician... I just don't give a damn about the Peacecraft twins and the whole Robin Hood and marry men deal. Just Heero Politician dealing with discrimination and being arrested for being an activist is cool. All the rest is just garbage.

And it would have been great to see some of Heero Pilot's training, just with less knife throwing and balancing on circus balls, you know, actually gundam piloting training. I've always wondered what made him such a loose canon during those first few episodes when he was clearly unhinged and didn't give a single F*ck about himself or others.

Last edited by Eeni; 2013-03-08 at 04:05.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:41   Link #5233
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

i really thought this was going to be epic GW fan and all
evertime i read the translations i keep going WTF

only thing i want to see is the new suites
right no i could care less for the charactors
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 07:02   Link #5234
wingzerosnuggles

Looks like they had a GW promotional event back in December.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 15:24   Link #5235
AmericanFairy

I'm still here. Just silently lurking. Honestly, I think it would have been better if Frozen Teardrop had been split into two seperate stories. One would deal with past events that led up to Gundam Wing and the other would deal with the post-Endless Waltz timeline.

Someone needs to do an intervention with Sumizawa and take his stash. Seriously, whatever he is smoking/snorting/inhaling is not doing him any favors.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 18:24   Link #5236
sky black swordman

^ Actually that sounds like a great idea, I think he should have done that in the first place.
Old 2013-03-11, 16:28   Link #5237
Eeni

Aside from making some sweet art, does anyone know if FT is even holding with the Japanese readers?

Old 2013-03-12, 15:27   Link #5238
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and registered as soon as I saw this thread about FT. I can't believe it, as a true GW fan who grew up with the series, missed this out. Mission failed *presses self detonation switch*.

Anyways I read the FT chapters all till Nocturne of Sorrow V. The next chapter; Rhapsody of lonliness had only a little summary and I read that one as well.

So here my question, where can I find the remaining chapters? I used Inchoate Oevre's translations, but he/she stopped with translating somehow (this is the link I used http://inchoate-oeuvre.livejournal.com/). I really want to read the entire novel of FT, it attracted me somehow so why not read it all.

I tried to read preventer 5 as well, but I couldn't find the other chapters ( I read chapter 1, where Heero and the gang makes the plan with the dummy Wing Zero and stuff). Can someone help me with those remaining chapters as well?

Please do not mind my questions lol, I'm just eager to read the novel as someone who grew up with GW like I said.

Thanks in advance for any support/effort!
Wingzeroangelofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:14   Link #5239
susyia

this site is in chinese but all the chapters are here http://blog.yeshj.com/ntcace/tag/frozen+teardrop/
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:06   Link #5240
Wingzeroangelofdeath

@susyia many thanks for the effort, but sadly enough I can't read mandarin/chinese, neither Japanese I wish I could though :'(

I can only read English lol

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing