AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-12, 17:55   Link #21
Dextro
He Without a Title

This fells like such a blatant honda ad but I don't care. It's absolutely precious and fills me with joy. The background art was also pretty good and the aforementioned use of colour to convey how the little bike brightened her life was a joy to witness. This show reminds me a bit of the same healing power that Jun' ichi Sato stuff like Tamayura or Aria has. I'm completely on board with this. (it helps that I grew up as a fan of Honda's Road cars )
Old 2021-04-12, 19:49   Link #22
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This fells like such a blatant Honda ad but I don't care. It's absolutely precious and fills me with joy.
Both YuruCamp and Yama no Susume have been pretty blatant ads for the various places around Japan that their characters visit. I don't care about those, either. Other shows are blatant ads for toys, games, and other things, too. If it's done well, I'm okay with it. If it's not done well, I skip it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 03:26   Link #23
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Both YuruCamp and Yama no Susume have been pretty blatant ads for the various places around Japan that their characters visit. I don't care about those, either. Other shows are blatant ads for toys, games, and other things, too. If it's done well, I'm okay with it. If it's not done well, I skip it.
True, we would never have gotten stuff like Gundam if it weren't for the toys it was trying to sell. But count the number of Honda logos you see in quick succession in the first episode and it becomes pretty obvious they want you to remember who makes that bike

Anyway, like I said, it really doesn't bother me. I just find it funny.
Old 2021-04-14, 10:50   Link #24
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Wow, that must have been one of the comfiest and relaxing anime in a while, kinda reminds me of YKK in its atmosphere. The lack of dialogue was a nice touch too, thought that was pretty gutsy of the creators.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 15:05   Link #25
nojay
Scanlator

I'm oddly uncomfortable watching this show sometimes because the naive main character seems to be on the edge of suffering some calamity or other and I don't want to see her get bullied or whatever. Saying that, big grins every now and then, like her forgetfulness about cancelling her turn signals. BTDT. Oh yeah, I noticed that any time in the first two episodes we see Koguma-san (Koguma = bear cub) driving she's doing 20km/h, in the OP you can see the speedo is up to a hair-raising 30km/h and she's put more than a thousand km on the odometer from when she purchased it.

Reiko-san's souped-up ex-Japan Post Cub is, well, something else.

Last edited by nojay; 2021-04-14 at 15:15. Reason: Adding more details
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 15:45   Link #26
nojay
Scanlator

Doing a bit more Google Maps hacking, it looks like Koguma's school is the Hokuto Shiritsu Mukawa Junior High School in the NW of Yamanashi prefecture. Street View is pretty much the same as the anime's depiction of the junction when she turns right off the main road (the 612) on her Super Cub.
Old 2021-04-14, 20:26   Link #27
HandofFate

In Episode 2.
Liked the contrast on how outside she just looks plain and dull, but she's soo excited about her motorbike and wants to share it with people.

Biggest tension right now is if she will ever get the courage to use the classroom microwave.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2021-04-14 at 20:56.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 21:18   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
I'm oddly uncomfortable watching this show sometimes because the naive main character seems to be on the edge of suffering some calamity or other and I don't want to see her get bullied or whatever.
I don't think doing that kind of drama fits the show, from what I've seen so far. So hopefully not.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 23:05   Link #29
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm oddly uncomfortable watching this show sometimes because the naive main character seems to be on the edge of suffering some calamity or other and I don't want to see her get bullied or whatever.
No chance of that happening, it’d defeat the themes and goals of this show. That said, I sympathise: I think it’s probably a sign we care very much for our lead, which is a good sign.

Location hunting this show isn’t hard, they give us all of the locations for free
Old 2021-04-15, 01:14   Link #30
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
With me, it's more like she's so timid and uncertain that I end up wishing she can somehow just pull through and make it all work out for herself.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 05:16   Link #31
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

she managed to find a friend because of her super cub.

maybe they would do some travels in later episodes.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 08:07   Link #32
Friday
Im shy too...

episode 2

looking forward to Reiko taking Koguma to that hill and see the town from there
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 10:42   Link #33
ditn

Engine tuning snippet of information

I couldn't help but notice from first glimp of her engine that its a tuned same way like from a car

From the cooler to the custom trumpet to the blue/red fittings you use for oil fuel connections etc(those can cost up to 30 euro / 25£ / 3000yen / 40$ or more ) a piece.
And then the rest of the suspension as well, So she is either rich or pumping alot of money into it.
Also the creator must have been an enthousiast else there is no way you are putting this much detail into the showing of the tuning i think.

Thats why i like those kind of shows, when they go in detail for service/tuning and tinkering with the them in general

For the rest seems like a relaxing anime so i will keep watching.

Last edited by ditn; 2021-04-18 at 10:53.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 11:04   Link #34
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
So she is either rich or pumping alot of money into it.
She said she has no money in episode 1. She must be throwing the few savings she's got at her bike right now. Hopefully she can get a job with the bike (like doing deliveries or something) so the thing will stop being a liability.

In any case, there's a reason Kaguma is all alone in the world with no money, but for some reason the anime totally glossed over her backstory. It's a bit odd since the manga basically starts off by explaining her situation outright. Maybe the anime is saving it for later so I won't spoil it.
Old 2021-04-18, 11:36   Link #35
ditn

I should have made it more clear, im talking about the red super cub from Reiko.

That is no longer a regular super cub ; prob spent a ton of money on it in yen equivalent.
She even mentioned she had to pay a ton for the titanium one off exhaust and she also seems to have a digital display and carbon parts.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-20, 17:01   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dropped Osamake (which airs on the same day) and picked this up instead, I don't think I will regret it. The first two episodes were super comfy.
Old 2021-04-20, 23:50   Link #37
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Ep 2 is really special. I particularly liked that their portrayal of friendship is still tentative at this point, budding but awkward as heck. This series has so far been surprising me with how authentic it feels. Definitely one of the most underrated series this season.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-21, 07:08   Link #38
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Ep 2 is really special. I particularly liked that their portrayal of friendship is still tentative at this point, budding but awkward as heck.
Reiko-chan is being friends AT Koguma-san rather than making a friend OF Koguma-san. Our main character is going along with her to get along as she has got along with the rest of her class, not making waves.

It's indicative that Reiko wants to be identified by her given name and we still don't know our main character's given name, only her family name.
Old 2021-04-21, 10:14   Link #39
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
I should have made it more clear, im talking about the red super cub from Reiko.

That is no longer a regular super cub
It never was a "Super Cub", it was a Japan Post bike based around the Cub design and engine but with lots of differences. Notice the smaller front wheel which allows for a large front parcel carrier rack compared to Koguma-san's Super Cub, for instance. Reiko's bike has telescopic forks and not the pivot-based linkage suspension on the Super Cub. Later JP bikes had 110cc engines, not something the classic Super Cub ever had IIRC.
Old 2021-04-21, 18:50   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Koguma's smile is the kind that warms the heart. And she smiled a lot in this episode, so it was a great one.

As a side note, looking forward to the day she'll be able to use the microwave.

Tags
motorcycles