AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-04-23, 14:44   Link #21
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
Ehhh... Big Mom loves kids and feels grateful to the villagers for feeding her? The same Big Mom who violently abuses her own children and burns down cities when they don't send her their monthly quota of snacks? This is ridiculous. I mean it could've worked if Big Mom just helped Tama on a whim, but then she started talking nonsense about pirates having morals and Prometheus said she's in her rare motherly mode that we've never seen before. Eurgh.

Page One got hit with a CoC Ryou attack from a Yonko, I'll be surprised if he gets up after this. But that means no opponent for Usopp... Who will Usopp fight now? And Nami now has access to a powerful lightning to take down Ulti, so it looks like the Tobi Roppo fights are going to be resolved soon.
There is a theory that Big Mom has Caramelís soul within her and basically has a duel personality, and her amnesia episode was actually Linlinís soul taking over.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 16:06   Link #22
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
There is a theory that Big Mom has Caramelís soul within her and basically has a duel personality, and her amnesia episode was actually Linlinís soul taking over.
I think it's the other way... It could be Caramel's soul that was taking over Linlin's body during her amnesia.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 18:32   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I think it's the other way... It could be Caramel's soul that was taking over Linlin's body during her amnesia.
Caramel was total scum, O-lin was a pure girl. Doesn't fit.

And if she had a split personality, I don't think she'd remember what she did when she was O-Lin.
Old 2021-04-25, 14:24   Link #24
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Didn’t think Big Mom could convert to her O-Lin alter ego.
Yea me neither. I'm still trying to make sense of it since Oda must be aware that it's not the way Big Mom has behaved in the past although Prometheus makes it sound like it's normal for her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
There is a theory that Big Mom has Caramel’s soul within her and basically has a duel personality, and her amnesia episode was actually Linlin’s soul taking over.
That's possible but for now it feels more like a retcon based on what Prometheus said. She gave Pudding mental issues from a young age about her third eye after all
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 18:05   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Yea me neither. I'm still trying to make sense of it since Oda must be aware that it's not the way Big Mom has behaved in the past although Prometheus makes it sound like it's normal for her...
To Big Mom, there is nothing more precious than food. So it makes sense for her to be angry that the people who shared the little food they had with her were slaughtered mercilessly. Her personality is the same as it always was, the only thing new is that she's really nice to kids.
Old 2021-04-26, 09:35   Link #26
necrolyte

I also think this is a retcon from Oda, not because BM haven't done completely irational things before but because of Prometheus's words. I don't think she ever cared if the person is a child or not until this very moment and as itachi-san314 said she didn't even cared that her own kid is a child and fucked up her life(I am talking about Pudding) and also she never protected any other of her kids from their brothers/sisters when they were little.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 14:49   Link #27
marvelB

*Shrug* Like I said before, I don't really think there's a plothole here because we rarely saw Linlin interacting with small children in the first place. The most contact we've seen her have with other kids was with those orphans during her flashback..... when she was a (big) little kid herself. I imagine she must have been a caring mother toward her own brood during their childhood, though... otherwise, it kinda renders the "Big Mom" epithet obsolete,, wouldn't you think?

And while we're at it, while I'd still rather Nami be the one to take care of Ulti, I must admit that I'd also have no objections to Linlin answering her headbutts with a CoC-powered bitch slap of her own.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 11:38   Link #28
Hoodspirit

early spoilers available for next chapter due to holidays.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 04:25   Link #29
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Pirate one day, Good guy the next day
I find it funny that you guys are trying to figure out Big Mama. Its not like she the first character in one piece to be totally weird. Good example Crocodile. First hes Luffy's mortal enemy in Alabasta, then he prison buddy with Luffy, then he tries to kill White Beard, finally joins the White Beard crew to save Luffy. Another good one Yonkou Shanks. He supposed to be one of the 4 powerful pirates and he is talking with the Five elders(Gorosei). Isn't he supposed to be Luffy's idol? How about Black Beard, thats one for the records. Supposed multiple personality, whats his end game, and what personality is the most dominate? The question is will the alliance hold or break before the arch is over.

Chapter 1011
So that what it takes to be powerful pirate. Rapping yourself in King haki like its armor Haki. I guess its reasonable but barely. Seeing Shanks and White Beard. There almost a generation apart in age. Shanks was still in Rogers Crew when White Beard was one of the big guys on campus.

Zoro
Zoro either has to die in this arch, get a mythical Zoan (Phoenix fruit), or literally become a shield so Luffy can be a true knight. This feels like Oda is in a bind. He is flip flopping on a decision and he keeps dragging Zoro along for the ride. Is this going to be the second time he is going to be knocked out for days(end of Thriller Bark)? I mean what the hell chapter 1012 does not sound like its any better. That slash in chapter 1010 better be the wound that makes Kaidou spill a river of blood out. Zoro does not seem to be getting any credit for the things he does. If defeating or helping to defeat a Yonkou does not get him anything then I don't know what will.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote