AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-15, 21:39   Link #21
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
There's always galge/eroge if you want winning osananajimi but they're usually the most boring route. In general childhood friends are like the Washington Generals; they do actually win occasionally but its usually a fluke and no one is really there to see them anyway.
So, you do noto remember Shiori Fujisaki's route. By the way, she is 40 years old now. If you care careful, when you play her route, you blow up the chance of her Good End. If are not careful, when you other girl's route, she blows up the chance of other girl's Good End. You would not say it is boring, because you may get trauma from her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 15:51   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I know she's considered one of those all time best girls but being both school idol AND childhood friend is like cheating. Needs to be one or the other... or both but also yandere or something like Miyuki Sone from Totono.

Anyway if every girl is a childhood friend in this I wonder how many archetypes we can get to...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 19:46   Link #23
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly I'd love to see a harem where all the girls are the hero's childhood friends.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 20:46   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Honestly I'd love to see a harem where all the girls are the hero's childhood friends.
I swear there was a Visual Novel or Manga I read with that premise, but I can't put a finger on it...
Old 2021-04-16, 23:31   Link #25
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kuro is most definitely going to lose in the end. The obvious best girl never wins. The story will pull some crap like "Kachi is actually his childhood friend too, he just forgot" so the title isn't a lie. What kind of romcom would reveal the winner in the title anyway?
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 2021-04-20, 19:02   Link #26
Greenish Growth

I'm currently reading a story about an angry girl saying she had a boyfriend when she didn't just to get the childhood friend she likes upset.

But I thought that it would be funny if the other childhood friend in such a relationship actually got a girl/boyfriend and making the angry childhood friend really freak out because he/she realized he/she screwed up.

Some childhood friend misunderstandings can be done in a completely unbelievable way and then you have to suspend your disbelief as you read it.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-21, 08:34   Link #27
Frontier

So Haru used to be a popular up-and-coming star, and his parents were in the entertainment business, but that's exactly why Abe got into the business and hated him so much because Abe's dad praised his acting. Dating Kachi is just part of his payback plan. The jerk .

The perks of having a fake girlfriend when she wards off the guys about to grill you for having a cute girlfriend...almost makes you want to keep her .

I like the kind of casual intimacy Haru and Kuroha have. You can tell they're close childhood friends who can tease each other in a really cute way, and Haru obviously cares about Kuroha even if his feelings aren't as overtly romantic as Kuroha's are for him. Their interactions are just really cute .

I'm glad they didn't drag out the mystery of "Shiro" because anyone with eyes could probably figure out that Shiro was really Kachi and Haru just never realized she was a girl instead of a boy. And it makes sense that in a romcom where the childhood friend has to win, the other Heroine would have to be a childhood friend of some sort, even if Haru hasn't realized it yet .

I thought the reason Haru quit acting was because of his mother, but I assumed it was because he realized she was trying to live through his successful career over her unsuccessful one, but instead she ended up dying on a Drama they were doing together. And she died because she fell too effectively from dodging a car that almost hit her during a shoot that basically killed the production. Jeez, no wonder he quit acting .

Kachi's not like Kuroha to where she can be so upfront and honest about her feelings. She has to hide them beneath an icy and stoic demeanor and through other methods, but her true feelings for Haru shine through when he least expects them to, and it's clear now she's just being covert about trying to get close to him again and act on the feelings of her first love that didn't fade with time or the resentment she felt when he dropped out of acting and never saw her again. Kuroha's awesome, but I kind of feel like supporting Kachi now too .

Did Kachi actually have a Haru plushie made for herself? Man, she's got it bad for Su-chan .

At this point it feels like this is a romcom where Haru is the straightforward one trying to be manipulated by the Heroines who want him to choose her by going along with their convoluted plans. And it's two childhood friends competing against each other for the right to be the childhood friend that wins .

The Ending is a pretty cute and fun theme as we see Devil Kuroha and Angel Kachi duel against each other for Haru's heart, along with devil and angel versions of the rest of the female cast .
Old 2021-04-21, 11:46   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

So we have confirmation, both girls are indeed Haru's childhood friends. Chances are the little girl we see in the OP is also a childhood friend; a harem romcom where all the girls are the hero's childhood friends and therefore the childhood friend is guaranteed to win. That said, I'd still like it to be the most classic type, Kuroha who has always been at his side and was never forgotten, separated or had a falling out with him. As I'd said before, this most classic type is the most cursed of the bunch. Any kind of rival is likely to win out over them.

That aside, I'm getting some slight Oresuki vibes. Like, we have three people revealed to be scheming, and I'd bet we'll have more. I'm betting all the girls and major guys are scheming against one another, or caught up in schemes they no longer want to continue but feel they can't stop.

On a different note, I just noticed that the speed of a line can really change things. Shiro saying she loves "Su-chan" was rather sweet and felt like a maiden aching with first love, but imagine her saying it just a little bit faster and maybe a bit longer... "Su-chan I love you Su-chan I love you Su-chan I love you Su-chan I love you Su-chan I love you Su-chan I love you..." So very easy to turn something from heartbroken maiden to yandere.
Old 2021-04-21, 12:05   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I would be all in for yandere osananajimi but I can't see it happening. That said, the 'girl that looks like a boy' childhood friend isn't exactly a winning trope in and of itself. Maybe Abe will have to win in the end kind of like Sun-chan speaking of Oresuki. I can see the comparison but mostly in the comedy it seems to be going for. I don't think its really landing though.

There's really nothing likable about this MC so far which is kind of killing the show for me. Might give it another week but I'm leaning towards just dropping it. I guess I'll see.

Last edited by stray; 2021-04-21 at 13:15.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-21, 18:31   Link #30
Wandering Soul

Second episode and they already confirmed that Kachi is a childhood friend too. Now I guess the only real question is how long until the MC himself figures that out
Old 2021-04-21, 22:25   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh, I can tell now that the title is bait and that every heroine is a childhood friend.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 02:51   Link #32
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Spoiler for Your wish is granted:
wants to know your location.

Pretty sure there's already a few out there.
Old 2021-04-22, 05:56   Link #33
EroKing

This show would be much better if it had a better budget for its art. Nevertheless, still quite entertaining so far.
Old 2021-04-25, 04:17   Link #34
scififan

The episode 2 shows 2 types of childhood frinds in Japanese manga.

Kuro represents the most common type of childhood frind.
In the first manga scenario, it starts at your elementary school. The childhood friend is your neighbor. She lives next door. Your room's window is facing her room's window. You talk to each other through your rooms. You know each other better than any other people. Kuro fits this category. The childhood friend is either an older sister type(who takes care of you) or a younger sister type(who you look after). You two usually play indoor.

Shiro represents another common type of childhood friend.
In the second manga scenario, it also starts at the elementary school. During your summer vacation, your parents sent you to your grandma's houses for babysitting you. She could be your neighbor or your family's friend, but she is usually your cousin. In Shiro's case, she is the family's friend, perhaps from work relation. After one summer, you don't see her for many years. The childhood friend had same dressing attire as you, shirt and short. You two usually play together outdoor. She might even wear baseball cap. When you meet her again, you would notice her curved body. Now, she dresses in one piece white blouse. You feel that it is a prank.
Old 2021-04-25, 07:46   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

In the first manga scenario, it starts at your elementary school. The childhood friend is your neighbor. She lives next door. Your room's window is facing her room's window. You talk to each other through your rooms. You know each other better than any other people. Kuro fits this category. The childhood friend is either an older sister type(who takes care of you) or a younger sister type(who you look after). You two usually play indoor.

In the second manga scenario, it also starts at the elementary school. During your summer vacation, your parents sent you to your grandma's houses for babysitting you. She could be your neighbor or your family's friend, but she is usually your cousin. In Shiro's case, she is the family's friend, perhaps from work relation. After one summer, you don't see her for many years. The childhood friend had same dressing attire as you, shirt and short. You two usually play together outdoor. She might even wear baseball cap. When you meet her again, you would notice her curved body. Now, she dresses in one piece white blouse. You feel that it is a prank.
Pretty much what I've been saying, except that there's one type not represented (at least yet): the childhood rival: from preschool onward, or following some sort of "incident", the two are constantly fighting and trying to beat one another (in any meaning of the term "beat"). Indeed, "childhood friend" is a blanket term for these three types (probably more but these're the ones I've spotted).
Old 2021-04-25, 09:58   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

It's a war between childhood friends .
Old 2021-04-27, 02:37   Link #37
scififan

Quote:
Pretty much what I've been saying, except that there's one type not represented (at least yet): the childhood rival: from preschool onward, or following some sort of "incident", the two are constantly fighting and trying to beat one another (in any meaning of the term "beat"). Indeed, "childhood friend" is a blanket term for these three types (probably more but these're the ones I've spotted).
I am not clear about your description of childhood rival as childhood friend. Maybe it needs some elaboration.

The girl nextdoor in managa has variation. One type of osananajimi is your classmate since childhood. She usually sits next to you in class. As classmates, you exchange items such as pencils, erasors, and lectore notes. She walks into your bedroom--for waking your up--so you are not late for school--and your parents are treating her as a family member. You two walk to schools together. After school, she invites you to her bedroom--of course--for drinking new soda on the market, eating snacks--and of course--doing homework and studying for exams.

Another variant is living under the same roof with a stringer. The manga story typically involves a single parent family. The osananajimi is the protagonist's stepsister, or either one of them is adopted. Before you know it, you are thinking about sitting down and having a talk with her. You have accidental encounters with your childhood friends. When you want to talk to her, she is undressing. When you are going to use bathroom, you find she is already occupying the room. When you wake up, your breakfast is already ready on a dinning room table. When you are about to do laundry, you find your clothes are washed and dried. When you are searching for your books, your secret doujinshi are already organized on your bookshelf. No, the last example does not exist in manga.

Then, manga has this girl falling from sky. She is introduced as your finance.

The opening theme animation shows that there is a third girl standing next to Kuro and Shiro. It would make her another childhood friend.

Last edited by scififan; 2021-04-27 at 23:19.
Old 2021-04-28, 08:30   Link #38
Frontier

Did Tetsuhiko have some bad experience with a first love? He seems to be talking from experience and that's why he was willing to go along with this ?

Kuroha looked great in that waitress outfit !

I'm glad Kachi was able to come clean about "Shirou" to Haru and admit how much he drove her to become the gorgeous female author she is now, and how much it hurt her to see him with Kuroha when they reunited, but at least they were able to become closer again and get on a cute, nickname, basis again

So it's "Kuro" vs "Shiro," as both girls finally confront each other and make it clear they don't like each other because they're gunning for the same guy. Yeah, they've love rivals all right .

Well, at least Haru treated Kuroha to a nice festival date, even if Kuroha slapped him so they could "reset" and Haru could be free to do whatever he wanted to do...of course that's not the last time she "resets" their relationship, but that's a whole 'nother thing .

Man, putting so many people on the spot during that confession festival, although I guess it's the guys putting themselves out there. At least that one guy actually managed to succeed, and his girl was the one who didn't freak out over Abe after just accepting his confession, which I think is a good sign .

Well, Takuma Terashima is good at singing so we may as well let him get a musical number in there, before Matsuoka/Haru hijacks it and then takes over. And then it turns out to have been Haru's song the whole time and Abe was secretly just trying to help Haru and Kachi, who he sees as a sister, get what they want. He was just pretending to be a bad guy this whole time .

(Wait, didn't Kachi write a whole script for Haru to act out? What happened to that ?)

So Haru finally gets his chance to confess to Kachi, but instead he ends up rejecting her after realizing he really loves Kuroha for all that she's done for him...and then Kuroha ends up doing what Kachi planned to do by rejecting him to get her revenge for being rejected the first time. And then she kicks herself afterwards because she realizes she just basically screwed herself over when she finally had a shot at winning, which Kachi probably would have had she gone through with her plan. Man, it's not easy being in a childhood friend romance .

So, Haru got rejected. Kachi got rejected. Kuroha technically won but rejected the guy she's in love with out of spite, and realizes that. Where are these three going to go from here? And now it looks like they're going to throw in a little sister Heroine who knows Haru from his acting career on-top of that. Is she going to be the third childhood friend who might not lose ?
Old 2021-04-28, 11:36   Link #39
Greenish Growth

Have there ever been a microphone confession event that actually went well?

I can only remember bad ones.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 11:53   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Have there ever been a microphone confession event that actually went well?

I can only remember bad ones.
I mean, it worked for that guy who went before Abe .

Tags
harem