AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-24, 17:56   Link #101
Keila

The problem with 'ratings' is that they are very narrow in scope. The important parts ultimately should be

○ Have you been entertained
○ Do you want/would you watch more (if it existed)

I enjoyed the series and would love to see more (as unlikely as that is)
Old 2017-12-24, 20:12   Link #102
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

NONONONONO!!!! This series CAN'T be over!!! I need more Itsuki!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 20:15   Link #103
meia gisborn

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??!?
meia gisborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 23:51   Link #104
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 11:06   Link #105
MgMaster

Not the best ending but the expected one since like ep 10. No way they could both start a drama with Nahyu pulling some strings for him to get the anime in her place and him finding out about it as well as resolve it in 1 ep. But this is fine for this show, with one helluva misleading tittle and beginning. Like,everything was expecting another "this show is trash & so am I" type of experience like Eromanga Sensei but I'd say this is more similar to Girlish Number than anything. Just that the focus being LN authors instead of VAs, it feels more private.

^And I thought the board games themselves they often play would be boring since I'm totally not into 'em myself but then there's all these subtle & not-so-subtle details in the choices of each character that pretty much defines them and shows their approach on life.

Hoping for S2
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 12:44   Link #106
Wandering Soul

In the end it really was a better version of Ero manga sensei. The real selling point was the bond between the main characters and the constant games they played that displayed that friendship.

In the end, I would say it was an average series.
Old 2017-12-26, 13:38   Link #107
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Between replaying Star Ocean: Last Hope and now being totally engrossed in Romancing SaGa 2, there has been only two anime this season that I saw the moment they are released, since I am really busy this month. They are March Comes in Like a Lion S2, and of course this one. Sure some people will think Kekkai Sensen or Land of the Lustrous are the anime of the season, but I really REALLY enjoyed Imouto Sae Ireba Ii, to the point that it is undoubtedly my favourite anime of the cour.

Anime of the year though? Hmm, that's a tough one. Undoubtedly this one is a pleasure to watch week in and week out, but Sagrada Reset was totally insane how it all came together in the end. This one had WAY better characters, but SR was impeccable in its world building and the cohesiveness of its plot. I think I'mma have to give it to Sagrada Reset, as it was a complete package, and this is just begging for a second season. Still, 2nd place is no slouch either, as Aho Girl is very distant third for me this year.

So overall? Very nice job. Honestly, Imouto Sae Ireba Ii was also a giant product placement anime, but I didn't mind since the characters are the main draw. And seriously, the way they interacted may be mundane to some, but I was engrossed right till the end.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 20:19   Link #108
Blueknight78

well, i have a "mixed feelings with this show, maybe my big problem was the "immoto" creep jokes" specially in the beginner, the first episode was very traumatic for me, specially all the naked and "eggs" immouto joke that was very hard to watch.

now the characters, serious the mc really do need some "threatment, this guy have serious issues, he can't go blame everyone for his own problems, i really feel bad for his "childhood gilrfriend", was not her fault his terrible "timing" to confess, you can't do that when someone was like that and expectate she accept and worst, threat her as shit, this not was her fault i really hated mc on the last episode, it's only showed how bad he is really or was/still being specially with his "father", again his mother died this don't means which his father can't find love anymore, this guy is very selfish, he almost give me "kodaka feelings" with his insecurity and very low confidence, most of his problem is his own issues no one is really to be blamed than himself.

While i really liked that last episode and we see more deep of him, that deep make me "hate him more", because i really not fan that "problematic (fail peoples) type of mc, ofcourse he is "trying to fix it now" but still a little late for it, specially for the girl from his past, i really, really feel bad for her and hope she could find someone which true diservers her cuz she really looked like someone really good and diservers a "happy end" specially without the mc which really was a scum with her.

This serie make hard for me to stick with mc, not on "kodaka levels" where i wish him to die alone burn in a big flame trapped under scraps crying like a shit person he was, kodaka really was what the worst you could see from a "harem generic mc" his generic was beyound any hope and the mc here was a sort of "better version" which actually is really trying something.
Old 2017-12-27, 11:39   Link #109
IceHism

I watched this mostly for nayu and the character antics so I guess I thought it was just average. Also lol at getting friend zoned and confessing right after she got her heart broken.

And it looks like nayu may have canceled her anime for itsuki? Hmm.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 19:16   Link #110
DracoS

A little crude in place, but a diamond in the rough with its likable characters, insights into the LN/anime industry and strong personality that had a fondness for beer and board games.

Wouldn't mind a second session, through a bit more polish wouldn't go amiss.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 22:18   Link #111
Itlandm
Porcupine

To me, this show looked like it tried to ride two horses that were not going in the same direction. There were the crude sexual scenes (often imaginary) that seemed aimed at shocking in a juvenile way. And there was the sympathetic exploration of a group of insecure young people trying to find their place in an adult world where the stakes are painfully high. The final episode rather nailed it with the publishing board game: No matter which path you took, you would end up with negative happiness. At the end of that game, even though they recognized themselves in the game, they were all still dedicated to what they were doing, and one more of them joined publishing, even if from a different angle. Because personal happiness is not really why they were doing it. They did it for reasons of their own, reasons so deep and personal that they could not be honest about it.

I loved the character exploration part of the show, and found the sexual parts crude and disjointed interruptions that were only forcibly attached to the other part. But no doubt there were people watching the show to the end hoping for more sex jokes. So I guess it worked, in a manner of speaking. But it did not work well. It looked stapled together.

I mean, there are stories where the characters sexuality is disturbing even to themselves, something they struggle with integrating in their lives. But here it seemed like it was just added for fanservice and played no role in a story which was otherwise well put together with good gradual character reveal even if not so much character growth.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 06:18   Link #112
Qikz

I really enjoyed this, I'd say many of my highlights were when they were playing boardgames. I hope there's more of this or I might have to read the light novels to fiind out what happens >_<
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 03:40   Link #113
Wheeljack83

So after all that, he likes the Nyu girl and wants to marry her? But he still doesn't know about Chihiro!
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem