Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-17, 02:37   Link #2101
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Boy if I was a phoneyniner fan I think I'd start to kill myself via spoon about now...This team is a can of sardines...
Meh. A few bad seasons doesn't make me feel like it's hopeless. I would gladly take these eight bad years compared to what a team like the Saints has had to experience for like 40 years. From an all-time legacy stand point, New Orleans is still San Francisco's bitch. I would have definitely killed myself by now. I'm surprised you're still alive.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:26   Link #2102
solomon

It's all relative dude.

If I remember correctly, the Niners weren't nothing until the Bill Walsh/Joe Montana years.

Fortunetly in (pro) football due to the equitable structure all you need is the right front office and coaches and you'll be just fine.

Now if only dem Lions could get going....
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:36   Link #2103
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
It's all relative dude.

If I remember correctly, the Niners weren't nothing until the Bill Walsh/Joe Montana years.

Fortunetly in (pro) football due to the equitable structure all you need is the right front office and coaches and you'll be just fine.

Now if only dem Lions could get going....
Well San Francisco did have some pretty decent teams before Bill Walsh arrived. John Brodie in the seventies, the million dollar backfield of the 1950's. New Orleans never even won a playoff game until 2000. But yes, I know it's only a matter of time before New Orleans falls back down to earth and San Francisco takes control yet again. I'm just saying I'm not that concerned about it. It sucks, but at least it was a heck of a ride before that.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-17, 12:47   Link #2104
solomon

Unlike most kids these days (of which I am one of) at least you know yer history.

Still am surprised that with all that hype that Singletary hasn't put up.

Now the Skins on the other hand.......yeeeesh.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 15:17   Link #2105
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Meh. A few bad seasons doesn't make me feel like it's hopeless. I would gladly take these eight bad years compared to what a team like the Saints has had to experience for like 40 years. From an all-time legacy stand point, New Orleans is still San Francisco's bitch. I would have definitely killed myself by now. I'm surprised you're still alive.
I'm still waiting so see Vernon Davis cry like a bitch after this loss.

I hope Bill Walsh is reincarnated soon, you guys can get back to winning five more superbowl's
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:38   Link #2106
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Well your quite optimistic, I listen to KBNR 680 after some of their meltdown games for laffs (Like last night which was epic! xD), and the radio host would cut your a$$ off to fart sound effects right now (You don't speak for Phonyniners nation poser)...Speaking of right now, which is the only thing that counts, you guys sucka$$ right now...I love how you keep the stiff upper lip though^^...8 years ago you were a kid, you've never experienced winning as an adult...Damn bro, Joe Montana Talk Football for the Sega Genesis cries for you T_T.......

Quote:
but at least it was a heck of a ride...
A heck of a ride you wasn't even an amoeba in your Mom's belly to experience the joy of...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-12-17 at 21:24.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 02:16   Link #2107
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Well your quite optimistic, I listen to KBNR 680 after some of their meltdown games for laffs (Like last night which was epic! xD), and the radio host would cut your a$$ off to fart sound effects right now (You don't speak for Phonyniners nation poser)...Speaking of right now, which is the only thing that counts, you guys sucka$$ right now...I love how you keep the stiff upper lip though^^...8 years ago you were a kid, you've never experienced winning as an adult...Damn bro, Joe Montana Talk Football for the Sega Genesis cries for you T_T.......

A heck of a ride you wasn't even an amoeba in your Mom's belly to experience the joy of...
Post fail. LOL relying on the "you weren't old enough to experience it" card as your only ammo to try and show some wit. Pathetic. That's like saying a historian can't have any credibility to his studies of the Civil War because he wasn't alive at the time. And whatever is said on KNBR can never come close to Jim Mora's post game blowups. I watch them on YouTube every so often and they never get old. I never said right now doesn't matter, I just said that I'm not too concerned about the tough times the 49ers have had in recent years. Why? Because they haven't been the NFL's doormat for the majority of their existence like New Orleans. First playoff win was in 2000. Garbage. Five playoff wins since 1967. Embarrassing. No winning seasons in the first twenty years of existence. Diddly poo as Mora would say. Saints fans still can't talk shit after their Super Bowl victory. That's how terrible the franchise has been since it's inception. When the Saints have five Vince Lombardi trophies then I'll start taking your comments seriously instead of laughing every time you try to talk smack. It's like if the Lions had won the Super Bowl and all of a sudden their fans tried to act hard. It's just amusing. I could see why Rice gave you the backhand when you met him.

This is for you. Merry Christimas.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Orleans-Saints

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2010-12-18 at 02:44.
Old 2010-12-18, 02:44   Link #2108
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ I know it's cheap, but thats gamesmanship^^...

You Phoneyniners fan you...
Old 2010-12-18, 12:14   Link #2109
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Wow, the last few pages have been quite hilarious. I'd just give it up Samari, wingdarkness's ego will never budge.

Quote:
That hit at 2:58 by Sheldon Brown has since been one of my favorite D plays by my Eagles. I remember watching that thinking, oh that was a sweet hit by Dawkins! Then I saw it was Brown and I was like, woah way to finally show some agressivness man!

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-12-18 at 12:31.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 15:43   Link #2110
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

My favorite thread on AnimeSuki lol.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 16:38   Link #2111
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Wow, the last few pages have been quite hilarious. I'd just give it up Samari, wingdarkness's ego will never budge.
Damn like seriously, you know I don't favor McNabb, but putting him at 3rd string? I was actually feeling sorry for the dude...That's just overboard...I'm telling you there is something behind the scenes with that guy we will never know, because everytime he gets canned NO ONE on the team every really puts themselves out there for him...Sure the clones in the media do, but his teammates never step up to the limelight and take a bullet for him...
Old 2010-12-18, 18:11   Link #2112
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Damn like seriously, you know I don't favor McNabb, but putting him at 3rd string? I was actually feeling sorry for the dude...That's just overboard...I'm telling you there is something behind the scenes with that guy we will never know, because everytime he gets canned NO ONE on the team every really puts themselves out there for him...Sure the clones in the media do, but his teammates never step up to the limelight and take a bullet for him...

Uh, his teammates were pretty supportive from what I remember when they benched McNabb during that Lions game. I mean they were at least speaking out that it was a confusing decision.

Also when Reid benched him when he was with the Eagles, he had quite a bit of support from teammates.

From what I've heard/read, people in the locker room have been lukewarm in general and don't nessecarily think Grossman will be any improvement. They all seem scared to say anything strong either way. I guess the locker room learned throughout the course of the 2010 season that they better get behind Shanahan and play well in the system, or they will go the way of Haynesworth, or I guess now, the way of McNabb. Beyond that I've heard the fans have actually been pretty upset about the decision.

The whole team is in shambles and this is just a desperate move to breathe some life back into the team.

--------------------------------------------

You make it seem like his teammates don't give a hoot about him. But I know from all the years he was the Eagles he has had plenty of respect and support from his teammates and coach. Heck when rumors surfaced that McNabb would be put on the tradeing block I remember plenty of fine statements (there was no one really in a "thats great" mood about the rumors), here are a few.

Leonard Weaver - “I’m surprised. Let the man go ahead and play the last year of his contract out. … Not a knock on (backup QBKevin) Kolb, but I would love for Donovan to come back for another year so we can try to win it all.”

Brent Celek - He's a teammate of mine, and you never want to lose a teammate. It's been a lot of fun playing with him. I'd like to keep that going. Right now, they're just rumors, and until something happens, we're still teammates.

The two BIG teammate haters of McNabb, T.O. and Mitchell, both got smacked themselves after making nasty remarks towards McNabb.

To quote McNabb with his response towards a question related to talk about him, "it's not making you look like a bigger man."
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 23:25   Link #2113
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I would have never predicted that Tebow, Bradford, Mccoy, Clausen, and the rookie QBs in Arizona would all end up starting this season.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 23:52   Link #2114
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

You make it seem like his teammates don't give a hoot about him. But I know from all the years he was the Eagles he has had plenty of respect and support from his teammates and coach. Heck when rumors surfaced that McNabb would be put on the tradeing block I remember plenty of fine statements (there was no one really in a "thats great" mood about the rumors), here are a few.

Leonard Weaver - “I’m surprised. Let the man go ahead and play the last year of his contract out. … Not a knock on (backup QBKevin) Kolb, but I would love for Donovan to come back for another year so we can try to win it all.”

Brent Celek - He's a teammate of mine, and you never want to lose a teammate. It's been a lot of fun playing with him. I'd like to keep that going. Right now, they're just rumors, and until something happens, we're still teammates.

The two BIG teammate haters of McNabb, T.O. and Mitchell, both got smacked themselves after making nasty remarks towards McNabb.

To quote McNabb with his response towards a question related to talk about him, "it's not making you look like a bigger man."
McNabb has been a good player in this league and accomplished a lot. If he wins that Super Bowl against the Patriots six years ago, he's probably in the Hall of Fame at this point and probably would still be in Philadelphia. He's had to take a lot of heat from the media, but I doubt the Eagles would have done a lot better for ten years if he wasn't the quarterback of the franchise. He deserves a bit more respect.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-19, 12:18   Link #2115
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
McNabb has been a good player in this league and accomplished a lot. If he wins that Super Bowl against the Patriots six years ago, he's probably in the Hall of Fame at this point and probably would still be in Philadelphia. He's had to take a lot of heat from the media, but I doubt the Eagles would have done a lot better for ten years if he wasn't the quarterback of the franchise. He deserves a bit more respect.
I agree; he's been treated like shit. McNabb is pretty much their scapegoat. If the team doesn't win, they blame McNabb. While he hasn't been playing that well this season, you cant put all the blame on him because he doesn't really have much talent around him.

A few big games this weekend, can't wait.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:03   Link #2116
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
The Saints are getting their butts kicked by Baltimore... :leaving:
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:29   Link #2117
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The Saints are getting their butts kicked
Haha, so are the Texans and Eagles.

Edit: Saints and Ravens tied at 24. Was and Dallas tied at 30. Grossman has 4 tds!!!

Last edited by Prodigy; 2010-12-19 at 15:42.
Old 2010-12-19, 15:48   Link #2118
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Blech. Andy Reid screwed up with the no-challenge. Jackson was down by contact. Ah well. There goes the division. Not sure if Eagles can get a wild card. I suppose it's possible with the Packers set to get their asses beat tonight, and odds are the giants will take them down next week, too. Blech. Sixth instead of second seed for the Eagles, unless they drop one of their next two.

Lousy, lousy game today. Just goes to show that the Eagles got a lot of work to do with their O-line. This entire season, Michael Vick was masking its flaws with his agility, but one guy can only do so much. Eagles have to have to HAVE TO brush up that O-line...and then the defense...oy vey...Patterson is just terrible =[. That little goofball Eli lit him up three times today!

Man...Eagles are not going far in the playoffs playing like the way they did today and against Chicago.
Old 2010-12-19, 16:22   Link #2119
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Lousy, lousy game today. Just goes to show that the Eagles got a lot of work to do with their O-line. This entire season, Michael Vick was masking its flaws with his agility, but one guy can only do so much.
You sure he can't do it by himself?
Old 2010-12-19, 16:23   Link #2120
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

WOOO!

Great win for the Ravens. After the numerous 4th quarter collapses and overall losses to top-tier QBs, this win is extra sweet. Brees wasn't picked off all game but Ngata made a play to get the tip and Redding got his interception this time after a pick was taken away from him a number of games back.

Time to take to the Bengals and Browns the next two weeks and get a ready for the post-season.

Tags
american football, sports