AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 37.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-14, 21:55   Link #81
LC
Shocking Pink

Yozora is such a troll. lol I love it. Glad Sena got to get a jab at Yozora at the end, though. Yozora vs Sena is not as much fun when it's one-sided.

My only main disappointment with this adaption is that they keep the girls bishoujo pretty much 100% of the time. Scenes would be so much funnier if they were willing to give more expressive faces to the characters.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:56   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
XD Really, I know I have never run into a situation where I thought a girl was a boy, but then that could be just me.
It can happen in real life, the difference is because they look so fugly

Harsh reality is harsh.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:09   Link #83
LC
Shocking Pink

^Some people are just really androgynous, not "fugly." Yozora is a prime example, though she has pretty much the same face as all the other female characters. lol She has such a deep voice and a tomboyish personality (especially as a kid), so it makes sense that Kodaka would assume she was a boy when they were younger.

Last edited by LC; 2011-11-14 at 22:22.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:14   Link #84
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It can happen in real life, the difference is because they look so fugly

Harsh reality is harsh.
Okay, so it really is me I've been trained to spot multiple levels of a person's demeanor, not just sight or sound so I guess I really can't think otherwise.

Oh, and I wanted to mention about the younger Kobato....

Er I mean her drawing! Yeah! Honestly, I've stared at it for quite a bit and I just can't (sanely) make it out. Just what was she drawing.... ah, maybe that was Kodaka, since she does think fondly of him
Old 2011-11-14, 22:21   Link #85
potchip

She was taller back then (you know, when you see a taller boy you don't immediately suspect him to be a girl, when 6-7 years old..)
It's sometimes hard to distinguish boy/girl from voice alone at that age.
And that she took the punch (!!) and punched him back (!)

But of course all of the above are Evil Yozora's fault. And Angelic Sena is the saviour of the universe.

To be honest I found Yozora to be more girly than Sena. Sena is an obvious Fandom trap full of references and attributes that exists in 2D but a puff of imagination in 3D. Yozora's self righteousness, mood swings, perplexing sensitivities (eg on topic of indecency vs using the same verbally) are as girly and unfathomably real as it can be in real life .

Sena reminds me of this ad about this bro-girlfriend who loves video games, fishing, at the pub all the time and watches only sport on TV. Of course such creatures do not exist, or even if they do, would not be attractive.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:33   Link #86
User68604
Disabled By Request

sena came out on top at the end of the episode... she got a dig at yozura at her more "sensitive" point (her past with kodaka)

i missed maria, i was hoping for some kobato/maria fighting action

yes im a lolicon, dealwithit
Old 2011-11-14, 22:38   Link #87
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^-- Don't worry, it's good to be honest well I know I shouldn't be saying something considering I can't hide anything these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
She was taller back then (you know, when you see a taller boy you don't immediately suspect him to be a girl, when 6-7 years old..)
It's sometimes hard to distinguish boy/girl from voice alone at that age.
And that she took the punch (!!) and punched him back (!)
When you mention their height, yeah, it really is me due to the fact when I was around that age I fell in love with a girl taller than me

BUT, they were all basically the same height at the time. Don't tell me that she needed to be Kobato-sized in order to really pass as a girl

Quote:
To be honest I found Yozora to be more girly than Sena. Sena is an obvious Fandom trap full of references and attributes that exists in 2D but a puff of imagination in 3D. Yozora's self righteousness, mood swings, perplexing sensitivities (eg on topic of indecency vs using the same verbally) are as girly and unfathomably real as it can be in real life .
Certainly a good point. Although I can honestly say I haven't really come across a gamer girl like her so I can't really see how strange a Sena-like girl would be in real life.
Old 2011-11-15, 06:31   Link #88
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I just realized Rika called Yukimura by "Yukimura-kun" on this episode, not "Yukimura-san" she used on episode 5 when Yukimura first appeared on the Romancing Saga game wearing samurai armor.

So, she learned that Yukimura is a guy off-screen?
Old 2011-11-15, 07:08   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I just realized Rika called Yukimura by "Yukimura-kun" on this episode, not "Yukimura-san" she used on episode 5 when Yukimura first appeared on the Romancing Saga game wearing samurai armor.

So, she learned that Yukimura is a guy off-screen?
'Kun' can also be use for girls.
Old 2011-11-15, 08:39   Link #90
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
'Kun' can also be use for girls.
Yes, but I read it somewhere that it's only used by old folks, or it was an unusual old way to use '-kun' honorific for girl. Or something like that

And in Rika case, I think that's not the case.
I don't know if I should write it here or on other thread since technically it's already happened (not future event) but the detail was on the manga and the LN. So for now I just write it under spoiler tag but I'll remove it and post it somewhere if it considered as future event spoiler.
Spoiler for Rika & Yukimura:
Old 2011-11-15, 08:45   Link #91
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lol, you paint such a nice picture of Sena as this helpless victimized girl with a heart of gold.
Usually their fights are one-sided and since she goes away in tears (in accord to polls this is weapon 1 that makes people go HHhhgggnn) the public tends to like her more, add to that her character is like the genki type + otaku, etc and then skyrockets to heavens. It seems the popularity thing on those stores have Sena with 7 pages full of marks/stickers... too much desu.
Old 2011-11-15, 09:02   Link #92
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Yozora is such a troll. lol I love it. Glad Sena got to get a jab at Yozora at the end, though. Yozora vs Sena is not as much fun when it's one-sided.

My only main disappointment with this adaption is that they keep the girls bishoujo pretty much 100% of the time. Scenes would be so much funnier if they were willing to give more expressive faces to the characters.
I dunno if by more expressive faces you meant the typical "expressive faces" you see as anime comedy tropes, I think that the lack or absence of typical anime face deformation makes the wit or humor of the show more effective on me.

I'd concede that the show may have gained much more with an effective use of body language.
Old 2011-11-15, 09:34   Link #93
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I conclude after reading much of posters, once you are a Sena fan from the start you will not be able to enjoy Yozora's insults against her.
I, being both Yozora and Sena fan, (actually I like all characters), find the Yozora trolling Meat funny. Just don't take it seriously, Sena fans, it's trolling at its best. And their bitch fight is always entertaining even though Trollzora always gets the upper hand.
Kobato tops her cuteness this episode especially when she tried to solve the "quiz". I kind of giggle when she "Kukuku" trying to search on her Akashic Records.
Kinda sad no Maria here though.
Yukimura blushing feels like I'm falling into a "trap".
And yeah, I "came" to Rika's mic finish.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:50   Link #94
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I dunno if by more expressive faces you meant the typical "expressive faces" you see as anime comedy tropes, I think that the lack or absence of typical anime face deformation makes the wit or humor of the show more effective on me.

I'd concede that the show may have gained much more with an effective use of body language.
Well, I laughed a lot when I saw Yozora make this face, it really made the scene for me in the manga. For a much better explanation of what I mean, I think this article is good.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-16 at 00:41. Reason: Please don't link to scans sites, upload the image to an image-hosting site instead.
Old 2011-11-15, 19:39   Link #95
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
To be honest I found Yozora to be more girly than Sena.
Please excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing

So what's so "girly" about Yozora? Her constant bitching? Her excessive swear word tirades, where she never knows when it's too much? Her having as much empathy as a doorknob for others, especially Sena? Her complaining that going to Karaoke with actual persons is more expensive than going with her imagined friend?
Old 2011-11-15, 19:58   Link #96
User68604
Disabled By Request

i find the yozura/sena interactions to be the most lulzy part of the show

and i love them both equally...for differing reasons

but i love kobato the most
Old 2011-11-15, 20:18   Link #97
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm a Sena fan if anything, but I have to say even I'm kind of surprised by how much more well liked she seems to be than Yozora, since I think they're both neat characters, and perfect foils for one another.

Yozora's provocations and needling of the other girls seem to earn her a fair amount of ire, yet I could name four male harem leads off of the top of my head who act as gadflies, and snarkers - sometimes even outright bullies - to the rest of the cast, and it's usually done for laughs. Maybe when it's female-on-female snark, it carries more catty, less playful implications.

For me, Yozora's "cruelty" flip back and forth between being amusing in the way she outwits Sena (usually), and being entertaining just for its shock value.
Old 2011-11-15, 23:28   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Please excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing

So what's so "girly" about Yozora? Her constant bitching? Her excessive swear word tirades, where she never knows when it's too much? Her having as much empathy as a doorknob for others, especially Sena? Her complaining that going to Karaoke with actual persons is more expensive than going with her imagined friend?
I know you may be legitimately annoyed, but please try to watch your rhetoric. She's just a fictional character in a comedy anime, as are Sena and all the rest. I don't want (and won't allow) this thread to turn into a bunch of fans divided into camps and constantly bashing each other about their preference in heroines. Please remember to allow for differences in perspective.
Old 2011-11-16, 00:16   Link #99
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

It's like the Suffle! thread again.

I really hope Yozora starts softening up soon or showing Sena's honest opinion on her or at least some little positive sides of their relationship. I love Yozora and Sena together and I really wish people wouldn't bash Yozora too much.
Old 2011-11-16, 01:04   Link #100
EroKing

EroKing loves all the females from this show (Index clone can be a bit annoying at times and no, Yukimura don't count =_=)