AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-17, 20:36   Link #41
Mcdonalds

woah sony have really made the psp a lot more attractive sounding than was initially was thought (especially all those pessimistic comments i read in the psp vs ds article). Personally i do not mind if it has too many gadgets (in fact the more the merrier) although i do agree with microlith in that the gaming was probably the most important aspect. Although the UMD isn't looking too hot to me as i'd prefer to get a dvd than one of them if i was to purchase a film. I'm actually tempted to buy a psp at that price (and for pro evo 4 wireless gaming with mates while at work / travelling etc) so it'll be interesting to what will happen to psp.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 00:31   Link #42
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
is the realse date at the first post for japan or the US ??
Japan will be getting the PSP in December with the U.S. supposedly getting it in early 2005. Image quality looks pretty good, but that's with the device drawing power from an outlet than from a battery.

Have they actually announced a price for non-Japan PSPs, though? The articles that I've seen toss around US$185, but that's just the US dollar equivalent (at 107 yen to 1 dollar) of the Japanese PSP's retail price.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 22:04   Link #43
Liquidus
╞╩╗

I'll get both. Although I'm rootin for PSP (has style that I like). I'm kinda doubting the touch screen thing on ds. I think a lot of gameplay ideas on touch screen have been done before on flash games on the internet (replace touching with clicking and its almost the same).
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:13   Link #44
100demons
F-Bomb

thanks for posting, I was waiting for that. I imagine it'll be out a few months after the japanese release. I gotta have one, it supports mp3's. I'm sorry nintendos little pictochat is fun but mp3's are what I've been waiting for in a handheld. Gaming, movies and music. Killer.
100demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:52   Link #45
100demons
F-Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
I still think Sony is trying to do too much and it's detracting from the primary focus here, namely portable gaming.
I see what your saying but look at it this way. I don't own a portable game system. Up until now, I couldn't see paying 100, 150, 232, whatever the price with out something to do other than just gaming. What sony is trying to do is appeal to more people than just the gamers. If you have a more broad range of customers you make more money, then you have cash to research better hardware and software options. I'm all for hand held gaming, but I agree with them, it's time to kick it up a level or so.
100demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 02:34   Link #46
Deletemenow
Im old sckool

psp > ds just so i could listen to music. Nothing else until almost all my friends recommend this game for me.
Deletemenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:42   Link #47
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Spoiler for Sony BRILLIANT anti piracy by making new UMD's unplayable on CFW in a nutshell:
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:15   Link #48
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

After 3DS , NATAL , Playstation Move , Vitality Sensor .... The PSP 2 at E3 ?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38925/PSP-...ig-E3-surprise
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 11:49   Link #49
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rumor For PSP2 : First images leaked

Interesting. Need to know the specs and the functions.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 17:32   Link #50
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

It seems that it was the image of one of the dev. kits. IIRC Sony considered two versions for their next PSP, the PSPGo-like, or the classic PSP-like. They went for the PSPGo-like at first (the one at the image) but now they're reconsidering it.

I find that the design in that image wouldn't be that bad. So it seems that it'll have two analog sticks with a trackpad after all.
Old 2010-11-18, 17:52   Link #51
Nihokon

Finally, two analog sticks.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 00:16   Link #52
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Finally, two analog sticks.
Yes finally!

PSP GO should have had 2 angalog sticks but better late than never(I've been using this phrase quite alot these days)

I may trade in old PSP for new one if it offers alot more than what the PSP can do atm.
Old 2011-01-20, 00:53   Link #53
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PSP II As Powerful As PS3, Set For Q4 Launch

"As powerful as PS3" eh, let's see how they pull that off....

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 02:12   Link #54
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
A HD handheld games...? It sounds cool but I would still prefer HD gaming on a big screen. Didn't they say the same thing that PSP would officially be as powerful as PS2? I have yet to see a game graphically enhanced as the last generation of ps2 titles.
Old 2011-01-20, 02:29   Link #55
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The PSP is something I don't own yet, but it's one of those systems that hosts a ton of awesome games that I want. In the end, my choice lies with the DS, but I plan to get a PSP when I can.

For the most part, I'd love to have the Dracula X Chronicles, the Final Fantasy Tactics port, and a bunch of other games as well. The TV out isn't great, but it's an excellent addition nonetheless.
Old 2011-01-20, 04:03   Link #56
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

the Final Fantasy Tactics port,
as someone who loved the original tactics, the port was even better. The redone dialogue was just great and I loved the (very few) artistic cutscenes.

I picked up a 2000 a couple years ago and havent regretted it once, hopefully I'll be able ot dish out for the psp2 when it comes out, as I play my current psp just as much as my ps3
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 04:13   Link #57
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
as someone who loved the original tactics, the port was even better. The redone dialogue was just great and I loved the (very few) artistic cutscenes.

I picked up a 2000 a couple years ago and havent regretted it once, hopefully I'll be able ot dish out for the psp2 when it comes out, as I play my current psp just as much as my ps3
Actually, thanks for this note. I had only received word that it was a port, but nothing else. Having loved the original game, I was excited already. But it's better? Redone dialogue? Artistic cutscenes? I'm way past sold now.

And also, where can you find a compilation of the original Rondo of Blood, a 3D version of RoB, and a port of Symphony of the Night other than on the PSP? Include a crap ton of epic JRPG remakes and many other games and you can't really go wrong.
Old 2011-01-20, 06:10   Link #58
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
PSP II As Powerful As PS3, Set For Q4 Launch

"As powerful as PS3" eh, let's see how they pull that off....
probably not exactly as powerful as ps3. it will powered by cpu that based on 4 spe cell (ps3 use 8 spe) even thought that is enough to play most of multiplatform game like COD and GTA.

by the way about the title. i have leaked document of one of PSP2 game. probably most anticipated one. so if you want to know pm me.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:24   Link #59
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

PSP2 to Have 3G Support, Arrives This Year

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:40   Link #60
lightbringer
M9000

i was waiting patiently for the PSP-Android phone, but now it seems that I'm setting myself up for disappointment - it will probably not be as powerful as the new PSP2?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote