AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 53 34.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-27, 04:42   Link #141
monster

If I'm thinking of the right guy here, for one thing he's not old and he doesn't have to be bearded. In fact, since this is an anime, he could be metrosexual or a girl in this universe.

Anyways, I wasn't as impressed with the fight as I thought I'd be, probably has something to do with the long build up to a quick end. But other than that, it's great, especially the first half.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 11:33   Link #142
MartianMage

IMO this is a good episode. Nothing to complain about 'cept maybe the animation. It's good but I wish it's better.

As for the series I have no problems with it. I think they're doing a fine job with the FSN anime. I don't get what people are complaining about. This is only 24 episodes. You can't have everything explained in 24 episodes. It would be nice if they'll have a UBW and HF series but hey this is Fate and so far so good. I wish they used UBW though. :-/
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 11:43   Link #143
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato
IMO this is a good episode. Nothing to complain about 'cept maybe the animation. It's good but I wish it's better.

As for the series I have no problems with it. I think they're doing a fine job with the FSN anime. I don't get what people are complaining about. This is only 24 episodes. You can't have everything explained in 24 episodes. It would be nice if they'll have a UBW and HF series but hey this is Fate and so far so good. I wish they used UBW though. :-/
I am hoping for HF myself

*sings pop goes the weasel
Old 2006-03-27, 19:04   Link #144
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Loved it

Another great episode i must say that i am really enjoying series so far, we finally get to see a fight where someone really loses i liked Rider i thought her agility was great and we found out one of Sabers weaknesses. Talk about a bad ass sword i mean Excaliber looked bad ass. At this point i am really going to have to say that Rider is dead too much time had passed by the time it went over to Sakura everyone put a nail in the cofffin shes done. Did anyone else see Berserker in the hall during the fight? Watching Shirou and Saber get closer has been one point of the show that i like there is real charcter development i think if someone makes a club i might have to join the Saber one. As for the romantic side you can see Saber opening up more like in Epiosde 11 when Tohsaka asked Saber why she perfered those clothes she said because Shirou said she looked nice in them (she didnt say master) plus the Shirou getting all red in the face when Saber asked him to lay on her lap (kinda cute) But there is no denying the attraction between Shirou and Tohsaka. Next ep looks like were going to get some down time.
Old 2006-03-27, 21:15   Link #145
Besserwisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Eh, well, do you know the name of the one who carries Saber's sword? Well, I know that they'll probably explain why Saber's a girl... but I still can't get over Saber carrying THAT and being THIS guy (noble bearded old man )

Maybe shes the lady of the lake? Or another "worthy" kid?
Can't be just that ol beard man who can carry that sword.

Good thing i liked the berserker kid from the start.
Besserwisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 21:46   Link #146
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

Spoiler for It's pointless, but I think less people will argue my point if it's a spoiler:
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 22:15   Link #147
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

My question is why the hell "excalibur?." Like why are they using that name, since they have been using that name for such a long time, with shows with a medevil theme. I can see that she does have a medevil looks with cloths, and style of fighting, but come on "excalibur." Out of all the names they can name a sword that has not been used as a sword name, they had to use that name, a name that has gaind so much fame, but using this name in is so lame in this show, whoa.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 22:31   Link #148
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
My question is why the hell "excalibur?." Like why are they using that name, since they have been using that name for such a long time, with shows with a medevil theme. I can see that she does have a medevil looks with cloths, and style of fighting, but come on "excalibur." Out of all the names they can name a sword that has not been used as a sword name, they had to use that name, a name that has gaind so much fame, but using this name in is so lame in this show, whoa.
Um, that's the whole point of it, isn't it? She wouldn't be a legendary hero if she wasn't a mythical figure with a legendary weapon, now would she? Did I misunderstand you or would you have been more content if she she cried out "Cleave them all, Mighty Sword Hurgar!" instead of something well known?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 22:58   Link #149
kamikazex

Mighty Sword Hungar doesnt sound that bad haha
nah im just kidding
im just happy she aint frikking king author.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 23:21   Link #150
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex
nah im just kidding
And why isn't she?
Old 2006-03-27, 23:24   Link #151
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
nah im just kidding
Uh... what have you been smoking?
By now i think all the pieces kind of fit together...

Spoiler for GAME spoila:

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 23:26   Link #152
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
I just saw it and I thought it was the best one so far. I don't think all the pieces fit together. After all if it did then the story wouldn't be so interesting. I just love it and can't wait for the next one. Do you think that she gains more power because she won the battle?
gogogoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 23:27   Link #153
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogoh
I just saw it and I thought it was the best one so far. I don't think all the pieces fit together. After all if it did then the story wouldn't be so interesting. I just love it and can't wait for the next one. Do you think that she gains more power because she won the battle?
When we say the pieces fit together, we're referring to Saber's identity... Not the story as a whole.
Old 2006-03-27, 23:52   Link #154
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
Uh... what have you been smoking?
By now i think all the pieces kind of fit together...

Spoiler for GAME spoila:

There was some cg animated show, I don't even know if it was anime or not, but I saw it in YTV when I was like 8-9 years old, anyways there is a woman that wields the sword excalibur, I believe at that time, King arthur was still a kid in the show. I forgot what was the name of the show.

Plus if Rider's weapon is a horse with wings, how come it's name is not pegasus? I mean Saber or Berserker should not take all the fame of being all so "mythological." Than what is the point of putting Saber and Berserker or anyone that are portrayed as a mythological, character to be portrayed that way if Rider can't be?

Still excalibur......

anyways no one noticed my bust ryhming in the last post I did?
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 23:56   Link #155
kamikazex

yeah thats what i read in some other tread also...but if thats king author in girl form then danng
Old 2006-03-28, 00:01   Link #156
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
There was some cg animated show, I don't even know if it was anime or not, but I saw it in YTV when I was like 8-9 years old, anyways there is a woman that wields the sword excalibur, I believe at that time, King arthur was still a kid in the show. I forgot what was the name of the show.
That will be The Lady Of The Lake, who fixed up Calibun when Arthur broke it in a battle and rename it Excalibur when she gave it back to him in Arthurian Legends

About why Arthur's a young girl in F/SN, Nasu the Mushroom has his own version of The Tale Of King Arthur to explain everything, as you will see in the next few coming episode.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 00:01   Link #157
justinstrife

Quote:
yeah thats what i read in some other tread also...but if thats king author in girl form then danng
It is, and yes.
Old 2006-03-28, 00:21   Link #158
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

oh my gosh, took me 30 mins to find it, apparently as Mr.Hawg mentions, there is a animated show named XCalibur http://www.screenselect.co.uk/visito...-Xcalibur.html, it revolves around a girl wielding the ExCalibur, but in this case the animation modify's the sword's name as XCalibur.

edit: ahh, this brings back my childhood memories, i havent even finish watching this animation series back in those days, hm, time to look for it w00t.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 01:44   Link #159
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Plus if Rider's weapon is a horse with wings, how come it's name is not pegasus? I mean Saber or Berserker should not take all the fame of being all so "mythological." Than what is the point of putting Saber and Berserker or anyone that are portrayed as a mythological, character to be portrayed that way if Rider can't be?
Bellerophon is the name of the hero that took the pegasus and used it's lightning fast attacks against his opponents, he's not as well known as Perseus in Clash of the Titans (Who did NOT use the Pegasus).

And the pegasus was born from the blood of Medusa after her head was cut off, so Rider puncturing her neck to summon a pegasus fits in too.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 02:29   Link #160
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Bellerophon is the name of the hero that took the pegasus and used it's lightning fast attacks against his opponents, he's not as well known as Perseus in Clash of the Titans (Who did NOT use the Pegasus).

And the pegasus was born from the blood of Medusa after her head was cut off, so Rider puncturing her neck to summon a pegasus fits in too.
lol and her head just revives every time nice.