AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-07-19, 21:00   Link #301
jeffp
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You know, if you grab the different Yui and Mio versions, and mix them properly (eg: sync, giving one track a little volume boost etc) They actually sound better than any of the two separated. I have tried this with Fuwa Fuwa time and the pen one. I used audacity, for the ones who care.
I just did that with hotchikiss, and i have to say... the middle part is awesome when they sing together.
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 21:17   Link #302
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ah, the power of synergy. That reminds me: Are the two ladies managed by the same company? If they are, they should look at long-term partnership.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:16   Link #303
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally got to listen to the Yui and Mio character CDs.... They both have pretty interesting voices though Yui's is so piping high not many around me will tolerate her. I observe that Yui's extremely high pitch is just hard for 'western ears'. Given that, I simply like Mio-VA's deeper throaty range coupled with her little wail at the tail of some notes. They both have really good singing voices for "all purpose VAs" (sorry, but a lot of VAs really can't and shouldn't be singing no matter how much heart they put into it :P). I need to store the VA names in my head so I can keep an eye out for other musical work they do.

The musical instrumentation isn't bad.... a nice change since way too much of j-pop and anime music is simply too soft/generic for my tastes. This, otoh, has some edge to it rather like some of Zone's harder stuff or some of Brilliant Green's work. K-on! continues to remind me of the Monkees in terms of being poppish but with an edge.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-07-20 at 10:39.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 22:33   Link #304
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Yui overload from this cd... Not that I'm complaining

I'd like to hear some of these remixed versions!
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 22:42   Link #305
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I just did that with hotchikiss, and i have to say... the middle part is awesome when they sing together.
Hey, I just tried that and it's the r0x0rz, I hadn't tried that since it is only during the second stanza that Mio sings instead of Yui in one of the versions, so I had thought there wouldn't much of a change. Glad to see I was wrong

Quote:
I'd like to hear some of these remixed versions!
Hmm... well it's not terribly difficult to do it yourself. Using programs like Audacity makes it much easier (plus you can output it as a single media file), but worst case scenario you can just line up two media players and sinc them to play at unison. That and the admins would hang me from a telegraph post if I posted them here. But I guess I can help through PM for a moderate fee.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 22:56   Link #306
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

In-universe situation:

Mio: Yui, you actually managed to sing and play at the same time!
Ritsu: Suge~~!
Yui (pats head): Yah....
Sawako: Now that Yui-chan can sing and play, let's try having both of you jamming at the same time!

(After song)
Azusa:...... (speechless) (thoughts) So, this is how Yui-senpai and Mio-senpai sound like when they sing together. The synergy...
Old 2009-07-20, 03:05   Link #307
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
just listened to the album
i have to say that i dont know why they made a studio version of "Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~" and decided to have yui sing it
i know that it might be considered a matter of taste to some
but yui simply isnt right for the song, and the "live" version with mio on vocals is MUCH superior in my mind
they should have made a studio version with mio on vocals for that song

in fact, just about all the songs are considerably better when mio sings them
Old 2009-07-20, 10:38   Link #308
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
In-universe situation:

Mio: Yui, you actually managed to sing and play at the same time!
Ritsu: Suge~~!
Yui (pats head): Yah....
Sawako: Now that Yui-chan can sing and play, let's try having both of you jamming at the same time!

(After song)
Azusa:...... (speechless) (thoughts) So, this is how Yui-senpai and Mio-senpai sound like when they sing together. The synergy...
Yui's Sunday Siesta made me feel incredibly lazy, especially after I am riding home from work and the track springs up. That tune is too subliminal.

As far as I know, almost all the main characters have their own albums (Mio, Ritsu, Yui, Mugi), and even Sawako (Maddy Death). How come there is no Azunyan album announced?

P.S I would appreciate it if Mugi is given a melodic piece to sing, pretty suits her cuddly style. Naming the song "White Lily" might be even better.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 11:24   Link #309
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As far as I know, almost all the main characters have their own albums (Mio, Ritsu, Yui, Mugi), and even Sawako (Maddy Death). How come there is no Azunyan album announced?
Actually, an Azusa album has already been announced. It's going to get released on the 26th of August along with the Ritsu and Tsumugi album.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:48   Link #310
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For some reason, I find Yui's version of Fuwa Fuwa a little too messy. The cross-playing of 2 guitars on overdrive drowns out the bass and keyboard.

I find Mio doing the rap make her sound climatic (in a dirty sense) towards the end, and Yui's pretty grumpy.

And what is with the titles? Hotchkiss (a chocolate), pens and curry after rice?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:53   Link #311
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And what is with the titles? Hotchkiss (a chocolate), pens and curry after rice?
I thought "hotchkiss" was a stapler.

As for the titles (and the cheesy, spine-tingling lyrics), we can only credit Mio's sappy sense of romance and amateurish writing skills.

Somebody ought to merge the Mio parts of Watashi no Koi ha Hotchkiss in the studio and live mixes and release a Mio solo (with Yui singing backup).
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 12:16   Link #312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"Hotchkiss" is a brand name of a stapler. .... just as "aspirin" used to be a brand name and slipped into generic usage for any acetylsalicylic acid product , the Japanese often just say "Hotchkiss" for stapler devices. There are a number of products sold in Japan that are notable that way simply because they were the first into the country.

In the US, 'xerox', 'kleenex', and 'coke' are other examples where that has happened.

And knowing is half the battle...." ;P

edit: and OOOOH YEAH, I gotta have the Death Devil album

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-07-21 at 12:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 12:45   Link #313
jeffp
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"Hotchkiss" is a brand name of a stapler. .... just as "aspirin" used to be a brand name and slipped into generic usage for any acetylsalicylic acid product , the Japanese often just say "Hotchkiss" for stapler devices. There are a number of products sold in Japan that are notable that way simply because they were the first into the country.

In the US, 'xerox', 'kleenex', and 'coke' are other examples where that has happened.

And knowing is half the battle...." ;P

edit: and OOOOH YEAH, I gotta have the Death Devil album
Don't forget band-aid! But anyway, I just learned something. yay!
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:26   Link #314
onemadcow

Sales update time, slightly late because jpopmusic.com's forum divas got the thread locked for a whole day...

Don't Say 'Lazy' - 41st for the week, sales of 1687 (152919 13 week total)
Cagayake! Girls - 48th for the week, sales of 1546 (137903 13 week total)
Yui character single - 51st for the week, sales of 1486 (45857 5 week total)
Mio Character single - 54th for the week, sales of 1459 (47677 5 week total)
Fuwafuwa jikan - 56th for the week, sales of 1272 (73851 9 week total)

As of today, none of these five singles are in the daily top 50, though I expect the OP/ED to resurface in a day or two (there were 27 new entries in the top 50 today; a decent chunk will fade rapidly), but getting sales figures from this point is going to get a bit harder, since I'll have to rely more on 2chan and livedoor and hope that people there think tracking these songs is worth the effort. I will report what I can whenever I can. However, there is some very good news concening 'After School Tea Time'.

IT'S #1 ON THE DAILY ALBUM CHART WITH 1ST DAY SALES OF 23145
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/]See it for yourself

(hopefully that link works; oricon's web code is a bit authoritarian. if not, click on the daily link next to album)
Let's cheer the girls on all week d ^_^ b
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:55   Link #315
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

God, that album sold as much as Nana Mizuki newest albume, Ultimate Diamond. If it sells similar to Nana Mizuki ablum, 70-80k in the first week isn't a surprise.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:07   Link #316
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I see Yoko and Aki getting places in life thanks to sales like these.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:42   Link #317
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I see Yoko and Aki getting places in life thanks to sales like these.
They should. Hence, my "working together" suggestion for them. A partnership could be useful for rookies.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:46   Link #318
onemadcow

After-school Tea Time remains at #1 today, selling another 16498 copies, which means the total for two days is 39643.

Another point of amusement for me; 2nd place is currently held by Michael Jackson's 'King of Pop' ... Queens beat king, mate. ^_^
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 13:55   Link #319
Shuin_Zwei
Guitar Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Shuin_Zwei
Hi guys new to this thread if someone hasnt yet translate japanese to romanji writings of some songs of this anime I translated 2 of them here it is:

LYRICS:

Fudepen~Borupen~

[intro]
FUDEPEN FUFU
FURUERU FUFU
Hajimete kimi he no GREETING CARD
Tokimeki PASSION
Afurete ACTION
Hamidashi chaukamone

Kimi no egao sozoushite
iitoko Misetakunaruyo
Jounetsu wo nigirishime
Furimukasenakya!

[Chorus]
Ai wo komete SURASURA to ne saa kakidasou
Uketotta kimi ni shiawase ga tsunagaru youni
Yume wo misete KURUKURU to ne jiga maiodoru
Ganbare FUDEPEN kokomadekita kara
Kanari honkiyo

[intro]
FUDEPEN FUFU
Murikamo FUFU
Kujikesou ni narukeredo
Tegaki ga MISSION
Atsui wa TENSION
Insatsu jya tsumaranai

HANEru toko TOMEru toko
DOKIDOKI marude koidane
Korekara mo YOROSHIKU ne
Hitokotosoete

Hashagu moji wa PIKAPIKA ni ne hora migakikake
Massugu KIMI no KOKORO made todokeba ii na
Hashiru kiseki KIRAKIRA da ne soukawaku made
Mattete BORUPEN gomen ne BORUPEN wa
Oyasumishitete
Kanari honkiyo

Kimi no egao sozoushite
iitoko Misetakunaruyo
Jounetsu wo nigirishime
Furimukasenakya!

Ai wo komete SURASURA to ne saa kakidasou
Uketotta kimi ni shiawase ga tsunagaru youni
Yume wo misete KURUKURU to ne jiga maiodoru
Ganbare FUDEPEN kokomadekita kara
Kanari honkiyo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watashi no Koi wa Hochikisu

[intro]
Nande nandarou
Kininaru you KIMI he no
Kono omoi binsen ni ne
Kaitemiruyo

Moshikashite
Kimagure kamo shirenai
Sore nano ni maisuu dake
Fueteyukuyo

Suki no kakuritsu waridasu keisanshiki
Areba ii no ni

[chorus]
KIRAKIRA hikaru negai goto mo
GUCHAGUCHA hetaru nayami goto mo
So-da HOCHIKISU de tojichao-
Hajimari dake wa karuiNORI de
Shiranai uchi ni atsukunatte
Mou hari ga nandaka tooranai
LALA mata ashita

Doushiyou kana
Yomi kaesu no hazukashii
Are kore to binsen ni ne
Kaitakuseni

Kimochi goto
GOMIbako yuki jya nandaka
Kono mune ga setsunai kara
Motteyoukana

Ima no kimochi wo arawasu
Jisho ni mo nai kotoba sagasuyo

WAKUWAKU shichau keikaku toka
KUDAKUDA sugiru tenkai toka
Zenbu HOCHIKISU de tojichao-
Kyou no dekigoto omoideshite
Itsumo kokoro ga KYUN to nante
Mou hari ga nai kara kawanakucha
LALA mata ashita

[instrumental + intro]
KIRAKIRA hikaru negai goto mo
GUCHAGUCHA hetaru nayami goto mo
So-da HOCHIKISU de tojichao-
Hajimari dake wa karuiNORI de
Shiranai uchi ni atsukunatte
Mou hari ga nandaka tooranai
LALA mata ashita

Credit: to me lol

orignally posted on K-ON club on MAL you can view my profile:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Shuin_Zwei <<-- feel free to delete this link if this violate the rule ^^v moe moe kyun~
Old 2009-07-23, 21:39   Link #320
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
After-school Tea Time remains at #1 today, selling another 16498 copies, which means the total for two days is 39643.

Another point of amusement for me; 2nd place is currently held by Michael Jackson's 'King of Pop' ... Queens beat king, mate. ^_^
Do you have the page for the ranking list? I am having trouble navigating through oricon (as always).

And with Queens beat king......do we categorise Mugi as one of the queens?