AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 13:25   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Umineko - Requests for new threads

Since the Umineko forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Umineko thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:35   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think we need a pinned thread on the Red Words of the Games...
Old 2009-06-10, 21:03   Link #3
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I think we need a pinned thread on the Red Words of the Games...
I agree. They are even more important than the TIPS after all. Being able to access them at all time would be really helpful for making theories.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:07   Link #4
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
I agree. They are even more important than the TIPS after all. Being able to access them at all time would be really helpful for making theories.
Why don't we wait for the anime to reach the red before making a thread about it? It shouldn't take too long, and the very nature of the red can be a spoiler.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-06-10, 21:53   Link #5
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Since most of the threads here cater to the anime-watching people, I'll agree with chronotrig here. Post the red text when the anime covers one, and also the skipped ones (if they are daring to skip any of them).
Old 2009-06-10, 21:56   Link #6
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Of course they will

Old 2009-06-10, 22:52   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I guess in that case, the Red Words thread should start with whatever was presented per episode and gradually grow with every new red wrods.
Old 2009-06-11, 20:15   Link #8
Marion
The Great Dine

Maybe we should have a general discussion for all characters thread. Like whose your favorite or something. This idea isn't a 'lets make threads dedicated to every character' because it would obviously clutter the forum, but just character discussion in general. As far as spoilering goes it can be tagged as [Game] until the anime airs and after that can be just made into general.
Old 2009-06-11, 20:31   Link #9
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

That would be A LOT of characters for one topic.
Would it be possible to split it up into the different groups of characters? O.o

Old 2009-06-11, 21:27   Link #10
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
That would be A LOT of characters for one topic.
Would it be possible to split it up into the different groups of characters? O.o
Spoiler for Not for the eyes of those who never played the games:
Old 2009-06-11, 21:30   Link #11
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for Not for the eyes of those who never played the games:
Spoiler for Also not for the eyes of those who've never played...:

Old 2009-06-12, 05:09   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

All threads regarding elements and characters will be created WHEN it happens in the anime.
Creating characters discussion threads now don't make any sense: only the VN players would be able to discuss and they did plenty with the other game threads. (So no, no character discussion for GAME only, that doesn't make sense and it will clutter the sub forum even more).

Therefore, NO, not yet.
And the idea behind it has been already decided. It will be a few handful of individual character thread (something like 7 max), and major category ones afterwards.
Old 2009-06-12, 06:45   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Also what if they say cut a character out of the story? Although that seems highly unlikely since everyone is pretty much vital, having a character thread for someone who got cut will just create confusion.
Old 2009-06-13, 08:51   Link #14
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Also what if they say cut a character out of the story?
Theoretically speaking, assuming such a highly unlikely scenario were to occur, we would... do nothing specific.
Old 2009-06-15, 14:43   Link #15
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Just a possibility, but wouldn't it be nice to have a "[Anime] Legend of Golden Witch animated *Spoilers included*" once the anime starts airing?
I'm sure as hell quite a lot of people -despite all the warnings and stuff- are going to answer the episode (with small "e" as in anime episode) threads, but those people could use said thread instead of posting in the epi threads.
Additionally we VN readers wouldn't have to worry about spoilers there. I mean we could use the the spoilers and speculation thread for that, but
a) it's not really a speculation for example which scenes we are looking forward in the next episode judging from the preview.
b) thinking about the future, those people who decide to watch Umineko years later (and they played the VN first too) can read stuff like that a bit easier, and they wouldn't have to go back 50-200 pages inside the speculation thread, when one is curious about what the other VN players thought in the past.

I personally think it would be easier for you mods too, than banning lots of inconsiderate people.
Old 2009-06-15, 14:45   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The spoiler thread was made for that purpose.
That's why the title is "spoiler and expectations". It is there so people can discuss regarding what they expect to be animated AND what is ongoing.

Splitting the thread into 2 isn't exactly that efficient, as people will most likely comment on the said episode AND do according expectations for the very next episode as result (preview and what not). Therefore, it will without a doubt lead to "half half" topic syndrome which isn't what we are looking for.
At the very worst, I can try to create a list of links of the different posts that start a new episode within the said thread at the lead post, so people can jump directly to the corresponding episode discussion.
Old 2009-06-21, 06:30   Link #17
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Probably will see an increase in Umineko cosplayers once it airs, I went ahead and create a separate Umineko Cosplay Photo thread. In fact, as I went through the image thread, it already totaled to 4 pages worth of photos & compliments related to Umineko cosplays.
Old 2009-07-04, 08:09   Link #18
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
http://www.doujinshop.com/doujin/umineko05top.htm

Episode 5 thread time?
Old 2009-07-04, 08:14   Link #19
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Unless I'm reading that wrong... Ep5 gets released on July 12?
Old 2009-07-04, 08:23   Link #20
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Unless I'm reading that wrong... Ep5 gets released on July 12?
No, preorders will be accepted from July 12th. The game will go on sale at Comiket in mid August.
Closed Thread